PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon Cancelled?????????

Bulba88
01-25-2006, 03:25 PM
If you haven't heard The wb and upn have merged into one television station called the cw. They said that when this happens they will only show the shows with the biggest and most successful ratings. As a pokemon fan myself this is not good news. We all know that pokemon isn't as big as it was back in the day. I don't know how good the ratings are for pokemon but lets all hope it doesn't get flushed down the toilet.

Neo Emolga
01-25-2006, 03:57 PM
Well, there's already a thread about this...

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14058

I know, it's a sad thing to lose it, but hopefully it will be back someday. I'm just hoping they do something differently than follow Ash all the time. I'm kind of getting sick of his character anyway...

Pika57
01-25-2006, 08:17 PM
If you haven't heard The wb and upn have merged into one television station called the cw. They said that when this happens they will only show the shows with the biggest and most successful ratings. As a pokemon fan myself this is not good news. We all know that pokemon isn't as big as it was back in the day. I don't know how good the ratings are for pokemon but lets all hope it doesn't get flushed down the toilet.

Don't worry, its still on on saturdays...

Though they need a new season...

E.R. :Pikachu

Piakchu in the Matrix.
Pikachu pwning the matrix.

Pokemon Master 101
01-25-2006, 08:59 PM
Don't worry, its still on on saturdays...

Though they need a new season...

E.R. :Pikachu

Piakchu in the Matrix.
Pikachu pwning the matrix.

How are you sure that Pokemon is going to stay on staurdays? I really hope it does. And does anyone know when WB and UPN are going to make a new channel.

Pika57
01-25-2006, 09:31 PM
How are you sure that Pokemon is going to stay on staurdays? I really hope it does. And does anyone know when WB and UPN are going to make a new channel.

A. okay but its an educated guess.
B. Dunno
C. Think hard. Go watch some real anime. Come back. Notice that the pokemon aniem Reeks. Realize that it being cancelled won't hurt anyone.

Pokemon Master 101
01-25-2006, 10:03 PM
A. okay but its an educated guess.
B. Dunno
C. Think hard. Go watch some real anime. Come back. Notice that the pokemon aniem Reeks. Realize that it being cancelled won't hurt anyone.

Watch real amine, like what! salor moon or sabrina the teenage witch? or why not Dragon Tales?
Pokemon being cancelled may not hurt you, but it will sure hurt die-hard Pokemon fans such as myself.

Pika57
01-25-2006, 10:15 PM
Watch real amine, like what! salor moon or sabrina the teenage witch? or why not Dragon Tales?
Pokemon being cancelled may not hurt you, but it will sure hurt die-hard Pokemon fans such as myself.

Watch Un-dubbed: One piece, Naruto, and DBZ

The truth isd, the Poekmon anime isn't very creative. They need to go in a new direction

I understand if you lie it, but it is VERY far from a huge catastrophe

RocketMeowth
01-25-2006, 10:22 PM
The ending of weekday Pokemon eps. wont kill you. And yeah, the Pokemon anime sucks compared to animes like Naruto, Full Metal Alchamist, Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex, Inuaysha and even Cowboy Bebop which shows in the early mornings.

Pokemon Master 101
01-25-2006, 10:36 PM
The ending of weekday Pokemon eps. wont kill you. And yeah, the Pokemon anime sucks compared to animes like Naruto, Full Metal Alchamist, Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex, Inuaysha and even Cowboy Bebop which shows in the early mornings.

Right... Sure..... Naruto- never heard of it, and same with the other ones. And Cowboy Bebop...:confused: sounds like the kind of thing M. Jackson would star in, or a show where cowboys dance-off with dance dance revolution.

Pokemon is a great anime and if you dont like it, just please kept your comments to yourself.

Sleepy Sheep
01-25-2006, 10:40 PM
I heard about this on Channel1News this morning...I have a question. How do you know they won't show it anymore?

Pika57
01-25-2006, 10:45 PM
I heard about this on Channel1News this morning...I have a question. How do you know they won't show it anymore?

Everyone is worried becaus ethey got rid of it on the weekday lineup.

And no one knows.

Right... Sure..... Naruto- never heard of it, and same with the other ones. And Cowboy Bebop... sounds like the kind of thing M. Jackson would star in, or a show where cowboys dance-off with dance dance revolution.

Pokemon is a great anime and if you dont like it, just please kept your comments to yourself.

And.. thats what forumns are for. Voicing ones opinions.

If you don't appreciate my opinion.. oh well. But i still have a right to voice it(unless its spammy)

And i can understand if you think Pokemon is a great anime if you haven't seen any decent ones(note undubbed is much better than dubbed, dubbed is basically all the changes they make between Japan and the uS).

There are a ton of Aniems out there that are much better of course if you saw one it would most liekly be dubbed.. so it wouldn't be as good(as the Japanese version) probably better than pokemon though...

Pokemon Master 101
01-25-2006, 10:50 PM
Everyone is worried becaus ethey got rid of it on the weekday lineup.

And no one knows.

And.. thats what forumns are for. Voicing ones opinions.

If you don't appreciate my opinion.. oh well. But i still have a right to voice it(unless its spammy)

And i can understand if you think Pokemon is a great anime if you haven't seen any decent ones(note undubbed is much better than dubbed, dubbed is basically all the changes they make between Japan and the uS).

There are a ton of Aniems out there that are much better of course if you saw one it would most liekly be dubbed.. so it wouldn't be as good(as the Japanese version) probably better than pokemon though...

Hey, I am sorry, I forgot we were arguing about this in a forum,. anyways I just like to make my point which is that Pokemon's anime, in my opion, has enough popularity to stay on the Kids WB and the Upn's new channel.

Pika57
01-25-2006, 11:01 PM
Hey, I am sorry, I forgot we were arguing about this in a forum,. anyways I just like to make my point which is that Pokemon's anime, in my opion, has enough popularity to stay on the Kids WB and the Upn's new channel.

no need to apolagize, my new member compadre.

Pokemon Master 101
01-25-2006, 11:11 PM
no need to apolagize, my new member compadre.

Thanks, appreciate it

Mitsuko Souma
01-26-2006, 12:02 AM
UPN has a new channel?

Pokemon Master 101
01-26-2006, 01:06 AM
UPN has a new channel?

They formed with WB to make a new channel

HKim
01-27-2006, 04:37 PM
Well, while it's true that Pokemon doesn't stand up against other animes overall, that really wasn't the point of the show in the first place.

Pokemon appeals to children, in this case, American children. If you look at Ghost in the Shell or Cowboy Beebop, you can see that these animes target an older audience. WB has long been the source of shows targeting children, making pokemon one of the top animes fitting this category.

Needless to say, UPN and WB were the two lowest networks compared to their main rivals ABC, CBS, NBC, and Fox. Combining them does give them a better chance of success to save the shows on both stations such as Gilmore Girls and Veronica Mars. The combination of the two into CW may in fact keep Pokemon on the television rather than end it.

We shouldn't discount Pokemon yet. As long as Pokemon remains a top selling product, then all associated ideas will also succeed. Not many shows have lasted as long as Pokemon has and I'm sure there are still several more years left in the series or a spin-off. Heh, look at Star Trek. It's been going on for 40 years now. It's the oldest saga with 6 series, 10 movies, and multiple novels. Every now and then, there comes along an idea that not simply survives, but prospers. Pokemon is one of those ideas.