PDA

View Full Version : Online strategies

Ironshell Blastoise
04-18-2004, 08:12 PM
Eh, I started a thread like this over at TVsIan, might as well revive the thread here and replace the other one that goes WAY in depth. So I'll just stick with this in online play.

This week's Pogeyman is Zangoose, since he seems pretty popular with people building teams.

My fave 200 set:
@Lum Berry/Leftovers
EVs:252 Speed, 252 Attack, 6 HP
Nature: Jolly (+Speed-Special Attack)
-Quick Attack
-Return
-Shadowball
-Swords Dance

This thing is a killer. Seriously. Everything but Skarm and other Steels and Rocks ph33r this. With one Swords Dance, it can OHKO Timid Alakazam with Quick Attack and can OHKO Claydol with Shadowball. Two Swords Dance=OHKO to Salamence, Milotic, and other annoying Pogeymanz with Return. Basically, if you can get the Swords Dance up (easily done with another Pogeymanz sleep move), the game is yours. Otherwise, switch it in against something with a disadvantage to Zangoose, and while they switch, you Swords Dance, then most likely (if the battle has been going on for a while) you can kill their Pogey since it will likely have damage on it. If its less than 1/2 HP and it isn't Steel/Rock type, Quick Attack will more than likely KO them.

Another good set is:
@Liechi Berry
EVs: Same as above
Nature:Jolly
-Endure
-Flail
-Swords Dance/Quick Attack/Return
-Shadowball

Flailgoose. Really good as long as you are faster than the rest and you Endure at the right time. Burn and Sandstorm>Flailgoose

Ironshell Blastoise
04-20-2004, 11:43 PM
=o Heres the best hit and run Pogey...evar...Dugtrio...

252 Speed, 252 Attack, 6 HP
Jolly/Adamant Nature
Arena Trap

200 set

@Lum/Leftovers
-Earthquake
-Rock Slide
-Protect/Sludge Bomb/Aerial Ace
-HP:Fighting/Screech

386 set

@Leftovers
-Earthquake
-Substitute
-Rock Slide
-Screech

and then here is a fun 386 set...

252 Speed, 252 HP, 6 Attack (his HP sux, but yeah)
@Leftovers
-Toxic
-Uproar
-Protect
-Substitute

Since they can't switch due to Arena Trap, Toxic, Protect, Uproar, Sub, Protect, Sub, etc, until they dai. Not very effective against 1337 players, but its a fun use of Arena Trap.

Ironshell Blastoise
05-20-2004, 06:00 PM
Hmm, sorry for reviving an old thread, but it IS mine, and I need to update this shiz, wot wot.

One of the most annoying little buggers ever, Starmie

@Leftovers/Lum
252 Speed 252 Attack, 6 HP
Timid/Modest
-Surf
-Recover
-Psychic/T-Bolt
-Rapid Spin/Ice Beam

Standard

@Lum
180 Speed, 252 HP, 38 Defense, 40 Special Defense
Timid
-Recover
-Confuse Ray
-Toxic
-Cosmic Power

Annoying staller (sorta)

@Lum
252 Speed, 176 Special Attack, 82 HP
Timid
-Thunderwave
-Surf/Psychic
-Recover
-Confuse Ray

Annoying

With high Speed, above average Special Attack, Recover, Natural Cure, and an arsenal of Special Attacks/Support Moves/Annoyance, Starmie is one of the most useful and versatile Pogeymanz around =0

Ironshell Blastoise
05-26-2004, 07:56 PM
Hmm, I feel like talkin about Blissey...

@Leftovers
252 HP, 252 Special Defense, 6 Def
Natural Cure
+Special Defense, -Attack personality
-Heal Bell
-Softboiled
-Thunderwave
-Seismic Toss

Standard Heal Beller. Good on teams with lots of Rest users.

@Leftovers
252 HP, 252 Defense, 6 Special Defense
Natural Cure
+Defense, -Attack personality
-Counter
-Softboiled
-Seismic Toss
-Toxic/Protect

Counterbliss. Very fun. Don't put it in against Cursers, tho. =[

@Leftovers
252 HP, 120 Special Attack, 138 Special Defense
Serene Grace
+Special Attack, -Attack
-Ice Beam/Water Pulse/Psychic
-Flamethrower/Thunder
-Softboiled
-Refresh

Basically, pick which status changers you like the most and want % increased by Serene Grace. I prefer 20% freeze with IB or 60% par and 75% confuse with Water Pulse. Flamethrower and Psychic are good too, for Burn or Special Defense lowering. Softboiled and Refresh for staying power.

BTW, thanks for stickying this, whoever. :happy:

Ironshell Blastoise
06-01-2004, 07:56 PM
Hmm, for some reason, I thought about Tentacruel while watching Matrix:Revolutions. So now I'll give strats for it.

RuSa:

@Leftovers
Clear Body
+Special Defense, -Attack nature
252 HP, 252 Special Defense, 6 Special Attack
-Mirror Coat
-Protect
-Surf/Ice Beam
-Rest/Confuse Ray

Special Wall. Reflect the Special Attacks back, and Protect to heal with Leftovers. Confuse Ray to stop Physical Attackers, Rest to, well, heal up. Surf/Ice Beam is debatable for uses, but whatever.

FRLG:
@Leftovers
Clear Body
+Attack/Speed, -Special Defense
252 Speed, 252 Attack, 6 HP
-Sub
-Swords Dance
-Sludge Bomb
-Surf

PWNT. Stops Skarmbliss like crazy, and can sweep teams. Sub up, then up attack with SD, and kill with SB. Surf for anti-Steels and whatnot.

Ironshell Blastoise
06-08-2004, 06:15 PM
Can this thread be locked and moved into the NB forums? When I have time, I'll make separate strats sections, those for GSC, those for RuSa, and those for FRLG. Thanks to whatever mod does this for me.