PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon needs to return for weekday/or

AshMistyMayfan
01-28-2006, 11:22 PM
Cartoon Network should buy the May seasons and air them out, of course risking the ire of Misty fans who probably wouldn't want that. But still, I'm recovering from surgery, I sleep way too late in the morning, and I miss Pokemon on Saturdays. I liked the Fridays at 3pm where it repeated what you missed last Saturday. Cartoon Network should buy into the rest of Pokemon, and I feel they're the only ones that show afternoon cartoons for Fox has a talk show, the other networks have a talk show and wouldn't give Pokemon time of day, and the WB is on an ER kick. Pokemon needs to return in the weekday time slot.

Pika57
01-29-2006, 02:28 AM
Cartoon Network should buy the May seasons and air them out, of course risking the ire of Misty fans who probably wouldn't want that. But still, I'm recovering from surgery, I sleep way too late in the morning, and I miss Pokemon on Saturdays. I liked the Fridays at 3pm where it repeated what you missed last Saturday. Cartoon Network should buy into the rest of Pokemon, and I feel they're the only ones that show afternoon cartoons for Fox has a talk show, the other networks have a talk show and wouldn't give Pokemon time of day, and the WB is on an ER kick. Pokemon needs to return in the weekday time slot.

Pokemon need shot be shot down. Or at least given a unique plot. I owuld be appaled to find it holding timespcae that could be sued for other things. Let Cartoon Network Keep there current programs.

Pokemon Master 101
01-29-2006, 04:45 PM

I absolutely agree with you.:razz:

Pokétroid
01-29-2006, 04:49 PM
OMG!
Yesterday I was all ready to watch Pokémon on CN, and in it's place was Ben10!
I hate Ben10!
It's soooo stupid.
I'm glad someone noticed it, too.

Missingno mystery
01-30-2006, 01:31 PM
I agree to however, if there ever going to get there, they better start showing the 4th season! They passed right over it, those BSers!!! At this point, I see about 15-20 spots a day that could easly be replaced with Pokemon.

Neo Emolga
01-30-2006, 02:05 PM
Pokemon need shot be shot down. Or at least given a unique plot. I owuld be appaled to find it holding timespcae that could be sued for other things. Let Cartoon Network Keep there current programs.

To tell the truth, I completely agree, hence the reason why I stopped watching in the first place. Let's face it, the plots of each episode are so recycled again and again that it just gets so stale over time.

Hate to say it, but whether it returns or not really doesn't interest me, not until they do something major with it to make it different and better than the way it was before.

Kylee the Larvitar
01-30-2006, 10:23 PM
To tell the truth, I completely agree, hence the reason why I stopped watching in the first place. Let's face it, the plots of each episode are so recycled again and again that it just gets so stale over time.

Hate to say it, but whether it returns or not really doesn't interest me, not until they do something major with it to make it different and better than the way it was before.
Yes having the basically the same storyline eg. help a trainer, kick team rocket into the air, gets old after a while.

SideStep
01-31-2006, 05:21 PM
The show is supposed to be kid-friendly, so I wouldn't expect a Pokemon version of The Lord Of The Rings...

Digimon beats this crap they're airing by so many times, too bad the English dub sucked so bad.

Neo Emolga
01-31-2006, 06:36 PM
The show is supposed to be kid-friendly, so I wouldn't expect a Pokemon version of The Lord Of The Rings...

Well, hate to say it, but it's not kid-friendly if even the kids aren't enjoying it any more. No, we're not expecting Pokemon to suddenly turn into a bloodbath and gore-fest, but giving a bit more maturity and originality wouldn't hurt.

Pika57
01-31-2006, 09:13 PM
Well, hate to say it, but it's not kid-friendly if even the kids aren't enjoying it any more. No, we're not expecting Pokemon to suddenly turn into a bloodbath and gore-fest, but giving a bit more maturity and originality wouldn't hurt.

Yeah or maybe give it decent evil villians. Heck let someone get there Pokemon stolen, and don't let them get it back. At least not for a few dozen episodes anyways.

RocketMeowth
02-02-2006, 05:03 AM
What really annoys me now in Pokemon is that Team ROcket posses no threat anymore. If you look back to the older episodes (namely Kanto) Team Rocket actually posed some what of a thret. They were known and feared throughout Kanto. Now its just, Team Rocket oh no! Wait..........who is Team Rocket? I escpecially hated it when in the castform episode when lightning hit Team Rocket an explosion occured blasting only them off.

1. Nothing was there to explod
2. those freakin proffessors would have blasted off with them at such a close range

Also, this may not be relevant to others but to me its very important. In the older episodes they gave Meowth more parts, longer lines, and he wasn't just there for kicks. He had many many large parts in the older episodes and he spoke a lot! Now, I hate to say it but he is really only seen looking at something, operating a robot or fantasising about Giovani getting the pokemon they stole.

This is the basic plot of the episodes:

Run around and search for pokemon
Find these pokemon and dont attempt at a capture
Do some other random crap thats incredibly boring and done repeadidly in othre episodes

If Ash is to capture them all, why doesn't he try? He has released a lot of his Pokemon and let Pokemon he should have captured free into the wild. How will he become a Pokemon Master if he doesnt do that?

Also I have figured something out.

Kanto
Johto

Whats familiar about these two regions? This is, they make us sit through Ash getting all his badges to get to the league. But all of a sudden, they disapoint us and have him lose in the league not even reaching the Eliete Four. I predict that he will lose in this Hoenn League, cry about it then start a new jounry and do the same thing all over again.

I also only laugh when Ash comes face to face with a legendary Pokemon and just stands there gazing at it until it leaps away and is never seen EVER again. I only laugh at that because t can prove Ash's stupidity. If I were him I would at least attempt to try and capture it. Sure it may be too strong but who cares. Instead of standing there gazing at it and saying,

"wow look how pretttyy"

I would throw my Pokeball relesaing my Pokemon and attempt to engage in battle. Aso, when people have their Pokemon stolen from Team Rocket this is what they do,

"Oh no my pokemon has been stolen! Some one help me! I'm too much of a lazy freak to take out my pokebal, hold it up and say (insert pokemon here) return!"

My god, is it truly that hard to take out your Pokeball and return your pokemon into it? Its not like the net is preventing them from doing it.

Yeah my post was kinda long and I may have been blabing on and on but I was only speaking my mind. I wouldnt care all that much if Pokemon was taken off the air for a little bit, revamped into something worth watching now and then put back on air. I would love for them to stop the lined backgrounds when action is happening and just keep drawing the background and the Pokemon attacks or what ever is happening that causes those lined backgrounds.

And yes, I still watch it but only for Meowth. I basically ignore everything else and focas mainly on him. And i see so little of him now that watching the sho is slowly becomeing pointless to me.

Pokemon Trainer Sarah
02-02-2006, 06:41 AM
I think Ash doesn't try to capture legendary Pokemon because he knows it's wrong? Like in the episode "For Ho-Oh the Bells Toll" Eusine was given the chance to capture Suicune and everyone wanted him to stop because it would throw the world out of balance. I'm unsure if there is only one of each legendary in the anime world as it is in the games (there was a baby Lugia in Johto) but I suppose capturing the guardians of the Pokemon world (in Suicune, Entei and Raikou) would have some bad effect on the earth.

Also, I don't think Ash is stupid. Sure, he makes silly mistakes (which are supposed to be funny) but the battle strategies he comes up with are really smart, especially in his gym battles.

I can understand completely what you mean about Team Rocket and Meowth. Well, maybe you should think of it this way...at least you get to see your favourite character in every episode (no matter how small his part is)...my favourite character is stuck in Cerulean gym teaching her Psyduck how to swim >_>

The episode plots could use some work. It seems like they've long run out of original ideas for episodes (to the extent of taking great Kanto episodes like "Bound for Trouble" and copying most of the storyline ("A Scare to Remember").

Aso, when people have their Pokemon stolen from Team Rocket this is what they do,

"Oh no my pokemon has been stolen! Some one help me! I'm too much of a lazy freak to take out my pokebal, hold it up and say (insert pokemon here) return!"

My god, is it truly that hard to take out your Pokeball and return your pokemon into it? Its not like the net is preventing them from doing it.
Yes, but there must be something stopping it (even if it looks like there's nothing) because otherwise Pokemon could basically never be stolen. I'm sure if that was possible someone would have worked out that they could do it xD

And yes, I still watch it but only for Meowth. I basically ignore everything else and focas mainly on him. And i see so little of him now that watching the sho is slowly becomeing pointless to me.
I still watch it as I'm waiting for Misty to come back (however unlikely). I'm not that interested in the episodes anymore...I just loved the Kanto episodes so much I just wanna keep believing that it's gunna get better...

RocketMeowth
02-02-2006, 10:15 AM
I think Ash doesn't try to capture legendary Pokemon because he knows it's wrong? Like in the episode "For Ho-Oh the Bells Toll" Eusine was given the chance to capture Suicune and everyone wanted him to stop because it would throw the world out of balance. I'm unsure if there is only one of each legendary in the anime world as it is in the games (there was a baby Lugia in Johto) but I suppose capturing the guardians of the Pokemon world (in Suicune, Entei and Raikou) would have some bad effect on the earth.

I'm not trying to argue with you PTS so dont take this post like that. ^^ this is just me saying my thoughts.

Anyways, if catching the three legendary dogs will do harm to the planet then why was it in one episode that Ash and the others were helping a boy to capture Entie? They didnt have any disagreenments to the boys odssesion towards capturing it. Infact if I can remember correctly they encouraged him onto catching it.

Pokemon Trainer Sarah
02-03-2006, 04:52 AM
Lol, I didn't mean to argue with you at all, I was just giving my opinion, sorry if it sounded that way ^^ I can't remember that episode, lol. I guess you're right. Maybe it was just in that instance that the capture of a legendary would have a negative effect.

AshMistyMayfan
02-03-2006, 06:23 AM
Sarah, maybe you can help me out. How come it's OK for us game players to capture the legendary Pokemon, yet it's not OK for Ash to catch it? I thought the purpose of Pokemon was the catch/battle/train/evolve your Pokemon, yet Ash doesn't seem to catch the right Pokemon or if opportunity came like a Beedrill or the Primeape, he just gives them up. It seems that later on (spoilers) Ash finally 'gets it' in Hoenn as Grovyle will be Sceptile (Battle episodes after Hoenn), and then he lets Phanpy evolve. BUt what about the other missed opportunites? In each Pokemon game I have played for myself, I train my teams harder then a coach would in football practice. LIke on Pokemon XD, over and over, I'm on Mt. Battle training my teams to either purify the shadows or to up my current team so I can win the Chikorita/Totodile/Cyndaquil as the top prize.

Yet I can't understand Ash. MY goal on a Pokemon game is to win and be the Pokemon master, yet Ash in tournaments seems to come in 2nd or whatever.

Also, the Pokemon show fails to show a Nurse Joy healing Pokemon (where is that nowadays?) and a computer to get the teams of Pokemon. If the show was following the game format, they're missing the boat with Ash the player.

And I also miss Misty, sadly. May is OK, but nothing more then a friend to Ash. I think May is great, but she can excel in battles. After all, my May in Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire/and Emerald conquered the Elite 4 rather easily. My character had Pokemon Ash could only dream of.

Pokemon Trainer Sarah
02-03-2006, 07:37 AM
Lol, I dunno if I can help you. Everything I write is my own opinion and not official or anything.

How come it's OK for us game players to capture the legendary Pokemon, yet it's not OK for Ash to catch it?
I'm not saying it's not ok for Ash to capture legendary Pokemon...but you gotta remember the whole "gotta catch 'em all" thing was only invented by the dubbers, so maybe Ash wasn't meant to go on a journey to catch them all, but a journey to train and eventually win the Pokemon League. I'm not sure the title of Pokemon Master can only be awarded when one captures all existing Pokemon...especially as it really cannot be thought that one person could capture so many legendary Pokemon...

In each Pokemon game I have played for myself, I train my teams harder then a coach would in football practice.
You can't say that Ash doesn't train hard...even if his Pokemon don't evolve. Maybe the makers of the anime are trying to show people that strength isn't everything? That Pokemon don't need to evolve in order to be good Pokemon. I really have no idea. It seems that the Anime world greatly differs from the game world. There aren't any levels in the Anime. Many people don't evolve their Pokemon (one girl managed to get to the Pokemon league with a Bellsprout) whereas in the games nearly everyone evolves their Pokemon to make them stronger.

Yet I can't understand Ash. MY goal on a Pokemon game is to win and be the Pokemon master, yet Ash in tournaments seems to come in 2nd or whatever.
Well it is Ashs goal to win and be the Pokemon master....it's not his fault that he doesn't win. He's up against much stronger opponents...people who have been training for tens of years, while he's only 10-13 years old. In reality (not that the world of Pokemon is realistic...) you wouldn't expect a 10 year old to be the strongest Pokemon trainer in the world.

Also, the Pokemon show fails to show a Nurse Joy healing Pokemon (where is that nowadays?) and a computer to get the teams of Pokemon. If the show was following the game format, they're missing the boat with Ash the player.
Maybe they thought showing Nurse Joy healing their Pokemon every episode would get repetitive and boring...and the show is based off the games, it doesn't follow the games exactly. There are hundreds of made up places and different things in the anime that could never be incorporated into the games.

And I also miss Misty, sadly. May is OK, but nothing more then a friend to Ash. I think May is great, but she can excel in battles. After all, my May in Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire/and Emerald conquered the Elite 4 rather easily. My character had Pokemon Ash could only dream of.
The May in Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald is a different character to the May in the anime. While you can make the game character as strong as you like, the anime May is based off her, but a lot weaker (in my opinion anyways). I don't think she really excels in battles that much...but then again, I guess you could say she's not exactly my favourite character...

Pika57
02-03-2006, 10:49 AM
Lol, I dunno if I can help you. Everything I write is my own opinion and not official or anything.

I'm not saying it's not ok for Ash to capture legendary Pokemon...but you gotta remember the whole "gotta catch 'em all" thing was only invented by the dubbers, so maybe Ash wasn't meant to go on a journey to catch them all, but a journey to train and eventually win the Pokemon League. I'm not sure the title of Pokemon Master can only be awarded when one captures all existing Pokemon...especially as it really cannot be thought that one person could capture so many legendary Pokemon...

You can't say that Ash doesn't train hard...even if his Pokemon don't evolve. Maybe the makers of the anime are trying to show people that strength isn't everything? That Pokemon don't need to evolve in order to be good Pokemon. I really have no idea. It seems that the Anime world greatly differs from the game world. There aren't any levels in the Anime. Many people don't evolve their Pokemon (one girl managed to get to the Pokemon league with a Bellsprout) whereas in the games nearly everyone evolves their Pokemon to make them stronger.

Well it is Ashs goal to win and be the Pokemon master....it's not his fault that he doesn't win. He's up against much stronger opponents...people who have been training for tens of years, while he's only 10-13 years old. In reality (not that the world of Pokemon is realistic...) you wouldn't expect a 10 year old to be the strongest Pokemon trainer in the world.

Maybe they thought showing Nurse Joy healing their Pokemon every episode would get repetitive and boring...and the show is based off the games, it doesn't follow the games exactly. There are hundreds of made up places and different things in the anime that could never be incorporated into the games.

The May in Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald is a different character to the May in the anime. While you can make the game character as strong as you like, the anime May is based off her, but a lot weaker (in my opinion anyways). I don't think she really excels in battles that much...but then again, I guess you could say she's not exactly my favourite character...

Heck listen. If your looking for a thing where may goes around pwning gyms, just go buy the flipping manga. Its way more closely related to the games than the anime.

SideStep
02-04-2006, 01:07 PM
AMMf, the games are not by anyway related to the anime. You'd have Misty and Brock following you through the game in Pokemon Yellow if they were.

Pokemon Master 101
02-04-2006, 03:46 PM
Just in inform all of you, when upn and wb from a channel together, then they will have a 5hours of animes every Saturday, all which are from kids WBs'.

AshMistyMayfan
02-09-2006, 05:28 AM
Man, I hope one of the cartoons is Justice League. Cartoon Network has really put them to shame these days with all the junk they have on Saturday night after Teen Titans! If Justice League wanted to renew, talk to WB and dump Cartoon Network. I wouldn't mind extra Pokemon either, like for those who miss an episode. I still have yet to see Ash's 3rd and 4th badges. I never forgot the 5th badge, how childish can Max be to swipe it away from Ash?

Thanks for answering my questions, Sarah. I think I do understand a little bit more about Ash for what you said reminds me of the trying times of my football team. Ash can go into a playoff/Superbowl like format, and if he can't win the entire thing, least he tried. I still would prefer that the Anime show Ash winning that 'Superbowl' in the league he's in, which I don't know what Japan is showing these days other then Battle island from what I read on Serebii. Can't wait for us to get it, which I think is not very far away this year for an episode of Pokemon here equals about 45 episodes ahead in Japan. I still wish May would try her hand in battling, much as the contest episodes are good, I think it makes May look too girlish (like the event is only for her while the gym battles are only for Ash.). I'm not saying we need a similar situation in which both Ash and May battle in gyms, but May needs to show how good her Pokemon are other then being paraded. A Pokemon contest to me should show the Pokemon's battle skills.

Alonso
02-11-2006, 12:59 AM
also only laugh when Ash comes face to face with a legendary Pokemon and just stands there gazing at it until it leaps away and is never seen EVER again. I only laugh at that because t can prove Ash's stupidity. If I were him I would at least attempt to try and capture it. Sure it may be too strong but who cares. Instead of standing there gazing at it and saying,

Ok this goes little while back in the thread, but it's is so true about Ash and not catching legendaries. Like that time with Zapdos and the healing lake. The Zapdos would have perfectly been caught. Then they could've healed it but no... he couldn't do it.
Well that stinks for you guys because I can see the May seasons everyday on Cartoon Network (no reruns). But I live outside the US.