PDA

View Full Version : So like, what is your favorite Pokemon?

Ironshell Blastoise
02-05-2006, 03:26 PM
And give a short explaination why.

No cheating either, gotta pick ONE.

My favorite is definitely Blastoise. I don't know exactly why, I just fell in love with him in 7th grade when I saw him on the box for Pokemon Blue. So intimidating, at least when I saw him at first. I had been big on RPGs up until then, and Water/Ice had been my favorite elements, so I of course took a liking to the badass. He's just a great character design overall, definitely one of the best and most original.

Neo Emolga
02-05-2006, 03:30 PM
Pikachu, but you probably knew that already. As for why, I like his cheerful, happy go lucky personality. However, even when there's a crisis, he still remains strong and fights his hardest, and keeps going until the end. I like a character that knows when and how to have fun but still sticks to what follows his heart.

Frost Wolf
02-05-2006, 03:32 PM
hmmm...i love dog poke`s but overall my fav is Charizard.....hes just so cool......

Neo Emolga
02-05-2006, 03:34 PM
hmmm...i love dog poke`s but overall my fav is Charizard.....hes just so cool......

Well, exactly why do you like Charizard? That's kind of the whole point to the thread, rather than just being another favorite Pokemon discussion...

Frost Wolf
02-05-2006, 03:40 PM
hmmm....probably cause back in pre-k, when i first started collecting pokemon cards, one kid had a charizard, and i thought it was the coolest pokemon, he looks really intimidating...plus dragons rock, and i know hes supposed 2ba lizard but i consider him a dragon.
lizards dont have wings......:tongue:
now i finally have a char-card...well...2 actually

JadeShinra
02-05-2006, 09:28 PM
My favorite is Treecko. I like him mostly because he's determined to do something he fails at and because of his speed. Also I like Treecko because he is lax most of the time, whenever he isn't in a battle.

Nasty Plasty
02-05-2006, 09:41 PM
My favorite Pokemon.....If you haven't guessed is Eevee. I know you were probaly thinking Umbreon. But Umbreon is just my favorite Eeveelution. Anyways, I have several reasons why I chose Eevee. First of all, he has a 5-way evolution branch(Maybe even six when D/P come out). Second, Eevee is my first pokemon card. He is what got me interested in Pokemon. On my 6th B-day or so, My dad was looking for a birthday present. He decided to let me try out a card game. He knew I liked weird creatures. So he got me a pokemon card. He got Eevee from one of his friends for like $3. With it he gave me $20 so if I liked it I could get more Pokemon stuff. I opened the box and said, "Cool." He took me to the store the week after and I got a Starter set with Kanghaskhan in it. To this very day I have that Eevee card laminated and hanging on my wall with all my awards.

Nirvash
02-05-2006, 09:49 PM
I like Manectric the best. You would probobly think Espeon, but no. Why Manectic, you might ask. Well he's/she's a dog. Not just a dog, a doggy dog. And he's/she's electric, my favorite type.

Cris
02-05-2006, 09:51 PM
My favorite pokemon is Lapras.I really never liked it until I joined the Tower of 100 challenges,then,I realised how strong and beautiful it was.Now,I'm so addicted to Lapras.

sonickid01
02-05-2006, 10:32 PM
LUGIA. It's got so much grace and power, so majestic.
But other than Legendaries, I like Zangoose and Absol. They're like opposites. They're so fast, so quick. They just ROCK.

Umbreon Shadow
02-05-2006, 10:40 PM
Well duh, Umbreon. It's funny, Umbreon wasn't my favourite pokemon forever but after my friend told me about it, I got hooked. It's so sleek, cool and it's a dark type. I'm still waiting to get an Umbreon card.

Togepi
02-05-2006, 11:07 PM
Guess. I bet no one knows [sarcasim].

Neo Emolga
02-05-2006, 11:25 PM
Guess. I bet no one knows [sarcasim].

Togepi of course. But the whole point of the thread is to ask why.

Togepi
02-05-2006, 11:31 PM
Good Guess!
My brother always wants to watch something others don't want to, so he changed it to Pokemon. I watched the show and really liked Snorlax. Togepi reminded me of Snorlax, so he became second. Eventally I liked the show a lot and became addicted. Christmas came and I got a gift card to a book store. I saw Pokemon cards there so I bought one. It had a Togepi card inside! Then I ended up getting a couple of figurines and ne of them was Togepi [I did not choose it]. I loved to make movies and decided to make Togepi: The Movie. I have not made it yet, but I still am working on it. That is why Togepi is first, Manyula is second, and Snorlax and Wooper tie for third.

Frostbite
02-06-2006, 12:06 AM
I personally like Dewgong as my favorite Pokémon.
The first time I’ve ever used it was in my Red version way back. Caught it as a Seel on Seafoam Islands and evolved it. Worked wonders for me for the last two gyms and the battle with Lance. I’ve used it ever since, even on my FR/LG versions I have one. :p

Shael
02-06-2006, 03:43 AM
Blastoise

Back in the day when R/B just came out, I used to play my friends' games all the time because I didn't have one of my own. They'd let me start a new file without saving. The first time I played I didn't know who to choose so my friend told me to choose Squirtle, and I've loved his evolution line, along with the water type ever since.

::JD::
02-06-2006, 04:49 AM
Blastoise

Back in the day when R/B just came out, I used to play my friends' games all the time because I didn't have one of my own. They'd let me start a new file without saving. The first time I played I didn't know who to choose so my friend told me to choose Squirtle, and I've loved his evolution line, along with the water type ever since.
That's exactly my choose to. Blastoise is the best pokemon, and the only pokemon I started out with. I used gameshark on all games other than Red and Fire Red.

pikachuz4ever
02-06-2006, 05:09 AM
My favorite pokemon is Jolteon. It's like the only thunder pokemon with a super spiky back and can shoot stings out. I always liked it. It reminds me of the pain of getting poked with a needle.

Broken_Wings
02-06-2006, 09:06 AM
And give a short explaination why.

No cheating either, gotta pick ONE.

My favorite is definitely Blastoise. I don't know exactly why, I just fell in love with him in 7th grade when I saw him on the box for Pokemon Blue. So intimidating, at least when I saw him at first. I had been big on RPGs up until then, and Water/Ice had been my favorite elements, so I of course took a liking to the badass. He's just a great character design overall, definitely one of the best and most original.
Meganium, wanna know why? He's just so damn cool. I like the way he's always hyper and stuff. I'm using he as its quicker.

lugia shadow
02-06-2006, 09:24 AM
i love all eveelotions exsept umbreon

matthewwood91
02-06-2006, 10:57 AM
i love all eveelotions exsept umbreon
My favorite Pokemon is Pikachu, I have liked it ever since the Pokemon games came out, and when i used to watch the Animie, I just think he is cute and cuddly with his little face ^^;;.

Takei
02-06-2006, 11:10 AM
My favorite was probably the Beedrill- no reason why, I just like him. But then again there was also Krabby, another random favorite.

SideStep
02-06-2006, 11:53 AM
Hmm... hard to choose. Don't really have a favourite one.

I love Spheal though. Actually, I love all the adorable Pokemon, but this one just makes a person go "Aww...". I don't think I'd ever attack one should I pick up my copy of Ruby to play it again :tongue:

Just for the record, my favourite Pokemon name is Spoink. :tongue:

Missingno mystery
02-06-2006, 02:56 PM
OMG, I'd expect better from Mods:
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5824. That topic was made just for this kind of talk after new members wouldn't stop making "whats your favorite Pokemon and why" threads.

In any case, theres no way for me to choose one so,
1st set: Arcanine, he was made for me, fast, powerful, and cool looking.
2nd set: Lugia, he has some of the coolest looking and sounding moves.
3rd set: Absol, simple design, but all round coolness.
4th set (yes, already): Lucario, Some definite thought went into his design, and it pays off with me.

vile plumb
02-06-2006, 04:23 PM
I have a lot of favorites (another topic) so I'll post my favorite five:

Blastoise: I always start out with water pokémon because of him/her. Great in so many ways, probably my favorite overall. The reason why my type is practically Water/Ice (my other is Psychic). He always kick way more ass than Venusaur and Charizard :P
Mewtwo: I liked how it was always so difficult to catch him and there was much mystery behind this one pokémon. The movie made him all the better. The reason why my second best type is Psychic.
Duskull: In my opinion the coolest of all Ghost pokémon. I cringe when it evolves, because it means no more Duskull :sad:
Aerodactyl: I don't why exactly; something about it. It was also in my first screen name for AOL (years ago). People say this pokémon sucks but I beg to differ.
Mew: Cute yet strong as hell; how can you resist?

Ironshell Blastoise
02-06-2006, 07:56 PM
OMG, I'd expect better from Mods:
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5824. That topic was made just for this kind of talk after new members wouldn't stop making "whats your favorite Pokemon and why" threads.

Well you see I was hoping for more intelligent discussions in this thread, hoping we could actually move somewhere.

Apparently I was mistaken.

SuperTails
02-07-2006, 04:01 PM
hmmm this is difficult. My favorite pokemon is charmander because charmander was the very first pokemon i picked on my former friends pokemon red game, years ago . The reason i picked charmander back then was because it was appealing to pick and it was cool looking. The reason charmander's still my favorite is because i love it and its soooooooo cute, and especilly cute in the pokemon anime and charmander evolves into a powerful pokemon , and i always seem to pick charmander on most of my pokemon games , also charmander has quite powerful fire attacks and finally my favorite types are fire pokemon.:happy:

Missingno mystery
02-07-2006, 04:55 PM
Well you see I was hoping for more intelligent discussions in this thread, hoping we could actually move somewhere.

Apparently I was mistaken.
Yes I do see your point, but that was also the intent of that thread, and unfortunately Newbies spammed the heck out of it cause theres never a mod to control ppl there :rolleyes: .
It is also the fact that you always get ppl like me, that no matter what you try to do you'll never get me to choose one of my favorites over the other. The only way to get me to pick one is to tell them to stop making new Pokemon, but I'd hate to also see that :sad: .
And of corse, I'm low on describing why I like a certain character, if its design is better than the others, I like it that much more http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/images/icons/icon6.gif.

Dog of Hellsing
02-08-2006, 06:35 PM
I have a few faves:

Tyranitar- OMG, he's just so freaking awesome and powerful. If Pokemon were real, you can believe this would be my number one Mon. Why do I like him so much? Uber strength is one reason. But another one is that fact that they Shinies look sweet as hell. Not to mention they give a decent challenge in the raising department.

Latias- She's the cutest of the cute. I absolutely adore her fun-loving and friendly attitude. Most of the Legends in the movies weren't really so open towards Ash, or anyone. Lati pretty much changed that XD.

Flygon- I adore Dragons, and IMO Flygon is the best one so far in the Pokemon series. Fast, powerful, and simply cool-looking. Not to mention I love their voice XD.

Scizor- How can you not love Scizor? He's one of the most bestest-looking Bugs out there lol. Not to mention he's kinda speedy for a part Steel type. And completely bad-ass. Come on, his personality practically screams, "Come on, screw with me, I DARE you!" To show you how much I love Scizor, I drew a fanart pic of Zoro (from One Piece) as a Scizor and it's freaking awesome lol.

alice_the_dratini
02-11-2006, 08:49 AM
My favourites are drgonite and sneasel, because dragon and dark types are my speciality. I also like Totodile. If I was a trainer in Johto, Totodile would be my starter pokemon.

Deathspector
02-11-2006, 09:54 AM
It's really hard for me to choose an all time favourite Pokčmon, because there are quite a few that turn my fancy. However, probably the most consistent of all of them is Espeon.

I love the way that she's so calm and collected in all situations, and I love the way it looks.

squirtlegurl97
02-11-2006, 09:45 PM
It's really hard for me to choose an all time favourite Pokčmon, because there are quite a few that turn my fancy. However, probably the most consistent of all of them is Espeon.

I love the way that she's so calm and collected in all situations, and I love the way it looks.
squirtle!!

whatserface
02-11-2006, 10:18 PM
I have alot of favourites, but Blaziken is the best....
its type combination, fire/fighting....its so strong!
but I find it almost impossible to start with treeko or mudkip...:oops:

Alonso
02-15-2006, 03:50 PM
My favorite pokemon has and always will be Charizard. When I started playing Red Version, I didn't have a favorite until my dull Charmeleon evolved into this huge fire like dragon with wings. It looks so cool. It has a fire on the tip of its tail, wings that can allow it to fly[and having no feathers makes it excellent], and the fact that it's a fire type is cool too. The only downside is that rock and water conquers fire...but in reality, fire can melt rock, and evaporate water...so that should be put into pokemon:twisted:!

Ierdar
02-15-2006, 07:47 PM
Well, it's a well known fact I love Charmander to death. =D It's the first pokemon I ever saw and I ever used. =) Not to mention, it's cute as hell. XD Plus, it's my favorite type. ;) Fire. =)

Katera
02-16-2006, 12:56 AM
Mine... Probably Ninetales. Well, I like how it's a loyal & smart Pokémon, and I love the stories behind it. About how each of it's tails has mystical power and such. Then you have the Story about it giving you a 1000-year curse if you grab one of its tails. :o I also like it's look and it's slightly dark spirit. It's one beautiful Poke too. :cool: Me loves Ninetales. <3

pokeball
02-16-2006, 12:35 PM
MEWTWO

all the way mewtwo rules,

the emense power,
the urge for power it has,
its cool kick ass psycic moves,
the path of destruction it leaves in its path,
the snazzy looks,
the mystery that surrounds its name,
it's name alone just sends chills down your spine!!!!!!! :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

yours sincerely,

POKEBALL

shewi
02-16-2006, 08:13 PM
Kyogre. because it owns so much. It also looks badass.
http://pokemonpalace.net/pictures/news/KYOGRE.jpg

Kung Fu Blaziken
02-16-2006, 08:25 PM
Blaziken all the way. When i got a torchic on my first spah game and evolved it from combaskin I fell in love!!! Although dragonite is coming very............. close behind.

shewi
02-16-2006, 08:32 PM
Yeah, i like dragonites stats in g|s|c. Pretty powerful.

Exon Auxus
02-16-2006, 09:02 PM
Kyogre. because it owns so much. It also looks badass.
http://pokemonpalace.net/pictures/news/KYOGRE.jpg

Just a quick note, try not to curse here. It's the quickest way to lose respect. Right next to multiple accounts.

Skarmory. The metallic bird appeals to me.

shewi
02-16-2006, 10:01 PM
Just a quick note, try not to curse here. It's the quickest way to lose respect. Right next to multiple accounts.

Skarmory. The metallic bird appeals to me.

*ahem*
'badass' is not a swear word.
I shall not describe real swear words to you because i'm not stupid enough to get banned.
I highly doubt anyone here is offended by me calling kyogre a 'badass'.
Next time i shall use 'really great' instead of 'badass'.
Sorry for any inconvenience.
*ahem*

Why yes Skarmory is quite a good pokemon.
It has very high defense stats and doesn't have any particular weakness against any physical types making it a perfect physical tank.
It also looks 'really great'.

Larcaria
02-18-2006, 12:49 PM
My Favourite Poke'mon would be ...........RALTS:razz:

lovelylapras
02-18-2006, 03:50 PM
Definitely Lapras. The first time I ever played pokemon... haha, red version... I could never beat Lorlei's Lapras. I just had total respect for that pokemon, and loved it ever since. Water's my favorite type, and it's supposedly "king of the sea." And it's part ice - awesome combo.

bleep
02-18-2006, 09:40 PM
i'd say groudon or latios... they're both ridiculously powerful =)

Pancake
02-19-2006, 08:59 PM
Mewtwo. I like giant angry kitties *n*