PDA

View Full Version : Uniforms in schools?!?!?!

Clutch
02-13-2006, 08:29 PM
Do you think uniforms in schools is a good idea? The reason I made this is because in my school next year, the head of the school board office said that they were considering having uniforms for the middle schoolers.

I don't think that we should because it dosen't let you express yourself. Also, you can't even pick out your favorite clothes that you like to wear anymore.

So, what would you think if you had to wear uniforms at school? Good idea, or bad idea?

Channel Delibird
02-13-2006, 09:03 PM
Uniforms are a good thing. A very good thing indeed.

1) They 100% eradicate bullying based on fashion.
2) You have no chance of being late by taking too long selecting your own clothes.
3) They're mighty useful for identification on school trips.
4) Not every uniform is butt-ugly.
5) Expressing yourself through clothing is not really much of an issue in schools, to be honest.

IT
02-14-2006, 02:11 PM
Here at Finland, we have no school uniforms for one reason; no one would use them. Surely, you'd get a punishment or two for not wearing it, but how would it stop anyone from wearing their own clothes.

So I'm against uniforms.

Fossil Fusion
02-14-2006, 02:13 PM
Here at Finland, we have no school uniforms for one reason; no one would use them. Surely, you'd get a punishment or two for not wearing it, but how would it stop anyone from wearing their own clothes.

So I'm against uniforms.
lucky people im moving to finland now see ya we hav non uniform days where we hav to pay to not wear uniform the money goes to the school or charities

Tamer San
02-14-2006, 02:13 PM

2) You have no chance of being late by taking too long selecting your own clothes.
5) Expressing yourself through clothing is not really much of an issue in schools, to be honest.

Agreed.

Beside, my school's uniform was simple. Black pants for males with the white polo-shirt (That has school insigna on it). And for girls...That cute skirts with the white polo-shirt ^^

Katera
02-14-2006, 02:24 PM
I agree with CD, dispite that I hate the look. xD I'm like a women. :p J/k.. Kinda.

Well, I prefer the wear whatever I like, since I'm used to Chavs and such shouting utter crap at me.

So I agree, but I'd prefer to disagree. ._. But I actually do agree. lol

A bit offtopic: I'm still loving the Japanese Highschool uniform. The males have that slick Black suit-ish type. And the ladies get that hella sexy lil blue skirt and lovely white shirt. Which you must spill water on.. Chest area prefered. :p (They probably get to have the polo T-shirt also?)[/Thought]

bleep
02-21-2006, 02:08 AM
i went to a private school until 5th grade (started public in 6th till now)... and yes we had to wear uniforms. it was kind of annoying seeing no individuality... at all.. but in private schools its not all just rich preps, so i guess the kids on scholarship because they can't afford it would feel better that way.

theres only one private school in my area without uniforms, but you have to be like a supergenius to get in so yeah i've never been on that side before cept in 5th grade.

flareon008
02-21-2006, 02:37 AM
The individuality/ expressing yourself means nothing. You'll have to learn to to start dressing to a dress policy in life. It's like learning to look both ways before you cross the street; it's instilled. The real world doesn't care. The bullying does not stop because of uniforms. Students and even adults find ways to pick on clothing by brand, style and etc. That's not going to stop by any means. The attention span and scores increase from uniforms have been disproven because there are plenty of other schools have do not have a dress code policy with much better scores. The differences between school identity can be understood.

Uniforms don't help but they don't hurt either.

bleep
02-21-2006, 03:15 AM
bullying didn't even occur to me tbh

i just like being able to wear my own clothes o.O

i guess a loser is a loser no matter what clothes they're wearing :ermm:

Mitsuko Souma
02-21-2006, 04:19 AM
I went to a private school from K-2, so I know the uniform deal. Ours was a white polo with the school logo, black pants, and sneakers. But on Fridays, we had to wear a long sleeved white button up shirt, black pants, and black dress shoes. And(shudder) a tacky tie.

And there was no scholarship program. We were little rich preps who listened to rock n' roll.

Then I went to a public, non-uniform school. I've been anti-rock ever since. :cool:

Kari Mary
02-25-2006, 12:33 PM
I wnet to a public school were i still have to wear Uniforms... I wish the pupils in all school shouldn't were Uniforms
So, i'm against Uniforms

Alonso
02-25-2006, 11:17 PM
This uniform thing was debated so much in my school between the teachers and students. It was crazy. I understand uniforms but then they come up with new rules and enforcing smaller details like "you must have a belt", or "the socks must be above the ankle" or " you can't roll up your sleeves", then it gets annoying.

I don't think that we should because it dosen't let you express yourself. Also, you can't even pick out your favorite clothes that you like to wear anymore.

That is the biggest BS. There is no such thing as "expressing yourself" through clothes. Will it matter what clothes you wore in school when your a succesful business man or a poor hobo on the street? No.
And there was no scholarship program. We were little rich preps who listened to rock n' roll.

Then I went to a public, non-uniform school. I've been anti-rock ever since.
Yeah...my school was like that. It was cagged. One day this new girl comes and say she likes rock and overnight EVERYBODY liked rock and becomes punk. Posers:susp:. But only a few where true to their word the rest, phht. The only thing that was great about our uniform was that we didn't have to wear a tie:biggrin:.

Tabbloza
02-25-2006, 11:27 PM
My school has uniforms, but they aren't really that bad looking. But, I perfer to wear normal clothes. The whole issue doesn't really bother me. It's just the rules about the hair, bracelets, earrings, and necklaces that do. xD

miyoun
02-25-2006, 11:39 PM
Uniforms suck.

Im with them. You can hide your fave shirt under a school jumper. I do. :P

Alonso
02-27-2006, 01:47 AM
My school has uniforms, but they aren't really that bad looking. But, I perfer to wear normal clothes. The whole issue doesn't really bother me. It's just the rules about the hair, bracelets, earrings, and necklaces that do. xD
Yup...the small details suck and get you pissed off.

Frost Wolf
02-27-2006, 02:22 AM
i hate uniforms, but atleast girls are aloud 2 wear pants......
i wish we didnt have a unifrom at our school....and like char64 said, its the small details that piss ya off.......

FLIP Joven
02-27-2006, 06:07 AM
The school I went to last year had it, and I really hated it. I wanted to wear my own clothes cause I didn't feel comfortable wearing uniforms. They just let us wear whatever jacket we wanted over a polo shirt but we had to take it off in class or put it in our lockers and plus we couldn't wear jeans until the last few months of the school. That was kinda lame, but the only good thing about it was it didn't take long to get ready. But hey I just dealt with it, cause it's not the worse thing that could happen.

Kenny_C.002
02-27-2006, 11:52 AM
I personally never had problems with uniforms in my day, but that's also due to the fact that I was in a very strict schooling system back when I was little (and I was little). Even then, not worrying about what to wear for school at all was the big plus in uniforms, but it is more discouraged in the Western countries that embrace individuality than it is in the Eastern countries. In fact, a vast majority of the schools in HK, Japan, and other Asian countries have school uniforms due to a collectivist culture (that is, everyone equal, in a way).

Mazarupokemonfan
02-27-2006, 12:41 PM
then what else will you wear in schools?
Or will you go in a fancy dress?

Thanatos
02-27-2006, 12:57 PM

End thread, Vex just won.