PDA

View Full Version : Elite 4 try-outs [Decision Made]

Magare
02-16-2006, 10:06 PM
As you all know, there is a vacant in the Elite Four.

We have decided to hold try-outs.

Post your Elite Four team here if you feel like you have enough experiencie.

You must own all six Pokémon, and there will be a round Robin between all aplicants.

Hopefully we will find someone worthy enough soon enough.

Contestants:
Lan
Ierdar
Zark
MystiKal
Flare
Raik
Ball
Yami

.AzureLight
02-16-2006, 10:15 PM
Is there a deadline?

Tamer San
02-16-2006, 10:16 PM
Deadline? Well, for signing up it is until Monday. For the whole thing, I'd prefare to finish it before next weekend.

.AzureLight
02-16-2006, 10:27 PM
Meh... I guess I don't have enough time to prepare myself. :sad:

But I'll sign up anyways. :P

- Gyarados
- Heracross
- Tyranitar
- Salamence (Almost have it, just need to evolve Bagon :susp:)
- Charizard (Once again, just need to evolve Charmeleon)
- Togetic

It needs work... but that's all I have right now.

Ierdar
02-16-2006, 10:38 PM
Meh... I guess I don't have enough time to prepare myself. :sad:

But I'll sign up anyways. :P

- Gyarados
- Heracross
- Tyranitar
- Salamence (Almost have it, just need to evolve Bagon :susp:)
- Charizard (Once again, just need to evolve Charmeleon)
- Togetic

It needs work... but that's all I have right now.
XD Togetic for the E4.

Well, what the hell. =P

Venusaur
Umbreon
Milotic
Blaziken
Dragonite
Dusclops

=P They are already evolved and most are TMed pretty nicely.

King Zark
02-16-2006, 11:17 PM
Charizard
Tyranitar (Maybe arrgon)
Venusaur
Salamence
Heracross
Raichu

there's my team i am going to go add some tm for those mons

MystiKal
02-16-2006, 11:23 PM
Heh, I'll try out.

Snorlax
Alakazam
Starmie
Gengar
Kingdra
Metagross

Their loaded with TMs.

Neo Emolga
02-16-2006, 11:27 PM
There's no harm in trying. Plus... I feel like being bold.

Vaporeon
Dragonite
Ninetails
Aerodactyl
Flygon
Metagross

Pika57
02-17-2006, 01:14 AM
Good luck to all of you *except Zark... JK*

I'm not feeling bold enough to make myslef look like an a**(not that any of you will).

We Taste Pies...
02-17-2006, 01:45 AM
I'm not feeling bold enough to make myslef look like an a**(not that any of you will).

Gues what, I AM!!!!

I might as well try.

Ttar
Swampert
Blaziken
Heracross
Glalie
Scizor

flareon008
02-17-2006, 04:17 AM
Heh, I'll try out.

Snorlax
Alakazam
Starmie
Gengar
Kingdra
Metagross

Their loaded with TMs.

My god, it's like Figgy's line up without the Metagross and alakazam :P

-

oh oh I think I had:
Dragonite
Venusaur
Jolteon
Espeon
Tyranitar
Jynx

They all had their entire TMs

Tamer San
02-17-2006, 04:25 AM
Oh god Flare, you must be kidding me ._.

flareon008
02-17-2006, 04:27 AM
Hey I wasn't the best :P but I was hard to beat even with my weak pokemon lol.

IT
02-17-2006, 09:52 AM
I could try out, but then, what does a trainer with all-water/ice types do in the E4?:tongue: I'm extremely happy with Sootopolis.

Magare
02-17-2006, 10:10 AM
So, currently applied:

Lan
Ierdar
Zark
MystiKal
Flare :wink: ?

WTP and Neo Pikachu no offence, but I checked your stats and I dont think you're ready yet. Maybe next time :wink:

SideStep
02-17-2006, 10:58 AM
Snorlax, Starmie, Dragonite, Umbreon, Exeggutor, Tyranitar.

I haven't got the best mons, I never really battle, but I have pretty decent tactics. I wanted to earn it by beating the Elite 4 though... hmm.

JJ Shadow
02-17-2006, 11:04 AM
ok try me: just need chinchou to go up a little battle ing to evo him at the momant

Chichou/Lunatone (planning to evo soon)
Charzard
duskclops
salamance
dragonite
tyranitar

how about me eh

Tamer San
02-17-2006, 11:06 AM
Glad to see you joining the league Raik.

JJ, you don't qualify to become an Elite 4 member, besides, you don't own any of the Pokemon you just mentioned. You have to own your 6 Pokemon to become an Elite.

SideStep
02-17-2006, 11:08 AM
Chinchou doesn't evolve into...Lunatone.

Tamer San
02-17-2006, 11:09 AM
Interesting Raik, good point...

JJ Shadow
02-17-2006, 11:13 AM
sos i ment lanturn i get mixed up with those names somtimes

King Zark
02-17-2006, 12:59 PM
When you say round robin do you mean that we battle and if we loose we are out and the last remaining trainer is an elite?

ball
02-17-2006, 02:00 PM
Ok, I want to try to become one.

Ninjack
Poliwrath
Aerodactyl
Weectreebell
Houndoom
Metagross(maybe electrobuzz, if I tm him up more)

mlugia
02-17-2006, 02:04 PM
When you say round robin do you mean that we battle and if we loose we are out and the last remaining trainer is an elite?
Round robin means you fight everyone once, and the person with the best record becomes elite.

With 6 trainers, that's a whole 5+4+3+2+1 = 15 battles of 6v6... Good luck completing that anytime soon :p

ball
02-17-2006, 02:08 PM
You got a point there. But I dont see a way to make it faster.

Loyal Arcanine
02-17-2006, 02:11 PM
Ball added to the list.

JJ Shadow
02-17-2006, 02:14 PM
i see a fater way how about there is a randow match up 16 players there is a quater a semi and a final

if the best person for the job looses then there not the best person if they don't even get in the finals

ball
02-17-2006, 02:18 PM
It wouldnt work, because we nead to see who is the best. And if if you loose you get throwed out, a good battler might yust loose in the first battle because of really big unluck, and be out, while he is the best elite and could defeat everyone else.

Neo Emolga
02-17-2006, 02:18 PM
WTP and Neo Pikachu no offence, but I checked your stats and I dont think you're ready yet. Maybe next time :wink:

None taken. I knew it was kind of a long shot anyway, but it never hurts to try.

I really need to get more active again and amp up my stats. For two years worth of progress, it sure isn't much...

mlugia
02-17-2006, 02:20 PM
You got a point there. But I dont see a way to make it faster.
Popular vote by the other elites could make it faster :p But then it's more an issue of ass-kissing than skill...

Or you can do single elimination, which would work moderately well, while cutting the time to 2^x, where 2^x is the smallest power of 2 that is greater or equal to num people joining, and x being the number of rounds to run through...

And unluckiness in the URPG isn't a big factor. With so many moves, unless you get OHKO haxed, you should always be able to rebound nicely after a CH or something >_> Besides, the Elites don't have to be the best, as long as they're ONE of the best, it'd be enough... You do want the Elite to be defeatable ;)

ball
02-17-2006, 02:25 PM
Woting would be bad. Because sometimes people will wote for theyr friends, besides, not everyone of the elites have seened the candidates battling.

mlugia
02-17-2006, 02:28 PM
Woting would be bad. Because sometimes people will wote for theyr friends, besides, not everyone of the elites have seened the candidates battling.
It's true, it's true. I just threw it out there because it's the fastest way to decide one. Besides, isn't one Elite always the softie :p? (Loreli, Will, that dark guy, etc."

ball
02-17-2006, 02:31 PM
YUst a suggestion. We could do 4vs4 battles, and, you dont have to battle everyone, only 3 people. When all have done it, the ones with the most winns will go in to semi finals, and 2 winners in there will battle each other in a 6vs6 battle.

Magare
02-17-2006, 04:07 PM
Actually that isnt such a bad idea... I'll think about it. It all depends on how many people apply

SideStep
02-17-2006, 04:32 PM
Let's just do voting. :biggrin:

Subside
02-17-2006, 10:53 PM
Hmm... well may aswell give it a shot heh

Weezing
Stantler
Shuckle (O.o)
Umbreon
Typhlosion
Venusaur

Deffinatly a long shot lol

Finglonger
02-17-2006, 11:18 PM
ok..maybe

I dont want to be an elite....I'm too lazy to be good...so nvm that

but on another point..we should do nominations

Loyal Arcanine
02-18-2006, 12:40 AM
ok..maybe

I dont want to be an elite....I'm too lazy to be good...so nvm that

but on another point..we should do nominations
You mean, just put up a poll and let people vote, but the final say will be for the officials?

Also, you're added to the list, Yami.

mlugia
02-18-2006, 02:37 AM
He probably means that you can't be eligable for consideration unless at least one other person vouches for your toughness...

Magare
02-18-2006, 03:17 AM
Well thats pretty much what the officials are doing. If we add you to the list, we vouch you'll put up a fight :wink:

King Zark
02-18-2006, 12:57 PM
Which of the trying out to be an elite owns a gym

JJ Shadow
02-18-2006, 12:58 PM
i don't know, Ball

vellyvell
02-18-2006, 06:34 PM
velly is gonna try with his

Charizard
Snorlax

to edit oin when my computer stops actin dumb

flareon008
02-21-2006, 01:09 PM
Let's just do voting. :biggrin:
Voting shouldn't be done because it can come down to popularity contests. People would be going around asking them to vote for them and could even have people who don't participate in Ultra. The point of the Elite Four is the toughest gym leaders. Ultra has never followed all of the pokemon rules, so one doesn't need to be weaker. They need to know how to best use their six choices. Battling is the best way to decide it.

Tamer San
02-21-2006, 01:57 PM
Voting shouldn't be done because it can come down to popularity contests. People would be going around asking them to vote for them and could even have people who don't participate in Ultra. The point of the Elite Four is the toughest gym leaders. Ultra has never followed all of the pokemon rules, so one doesn't need to be weaker. They need to know how to best use their six choices. Battling is the best way to decide it.

I second that Flare, the best shall prevail. ^_^

Magare
02-22-2006, 02:42 PM
Lan
Ierdar
Zark
MystiKal
Raik
Ball
Yami
Velly
Flare

Okay guys here is the list of applied people.

Now, if you'll notice there are 9 of you. First, I'd like to wish all of you good luck.

Now, I'm not really sure if Flare applied for the position or just stated his old team, but either way, because he held the elite position before he goes straight to the finals and will wait for you there. Now for the rest of you, pairings are as follows:

Ball vs Lan

Yami vs Ierdar

Zark vs Velly

Mystical vs Raik

Now guys, you have a period of 2 days to confirm your activeness by posting here and also posting your final team. There will be no changing of the team after you have posted it.

Anyone who doesnt post here in 2 days will simply be droped.

As soon as you and your opponent confirm your appliance here you are to find each other as soon as possible and battle.

There will be NO WAITING for prepairing a mon and TMing it. What you have is what you get. I want these 4 battles over before the end of Saturday if its possible. Winning trainers will post here after the battle as well as the losing trainer to confirm it.

The 4 lucky winners will go to the final where a champion will be decided. Those trials will be long and difficult. Once again, I wish you all luck!

Now post here and may the best person win!

And guys, dont forget the most important thing of all..... Have fun :biggrin:

Edit: Just a little update. Flare confirmed to me that he WILL NOT be in these trials. So its up to these 8 trainers

mlugia
02-22-2006, 02:47 PM
Predictions

Ball vs Lan
Ball's scary, and more experienced IMHO

Yami vs Ierdar
I don't know about Yami that much, but I know Ierder's ability, and he has the pokemon to back him up.

Zark vs Velly
Err, of all the pairings, this must be the weakest one... I haven't even seen Velly do anything since... last year.

Mystical vs Raik
Too close to call, but I think the winner of this has the best chance to go on to become the Elite. I'll hand the edge to VT because he Netbattles more...

Loyal Arcanine
02-22-2006, 02:50 PM
Predictions

Ball vs Lan
Ball used Poliwrath!
Ball wins the match!

Yami vs Ierdar
Ierdar with his amped-up water mons.

Zark vs Velly
Eh? Same as Mana ...

Mystical vs Raik
Close call. Unlike Mana, I hand the edge to Raik.

Magare
02-22-2006, 03:01 PM
Update: Forgot to say it. These battles will be 4v4

And those 4 must be from your 6 elite mons

ball
02-22-2006, 03:08 PM
OK, I am active, and my team is:

Ninjack
Poliwrath
Aerodactyl
Wictreebell
Houndoom
Metagros

Meh, it is so hard to decide.

boltAge
02-22-2006, 03:47 PM
Other than 4v4, what other rules can we enforce? I faintly remember items being allowed in Elite battles, but that's not what I'm talking about anyway :tongue: What about stuff like GS, RSE, Stadium or what?

A revised team:

Starmie
Snorlax
Umbreon
Heracross
Gligar
Exeggutor

I'm active...I suppose.

Anyway, no worries if I lose this one, I'll just come back to haunt all of you after I get my last two Johto badges.

Weeptimbell

wtf?

DarkGardevoir
02-22-2006, 03:48 PM
Other than 4v4, what other rules can we enforce? I faintly remember items being allowed in Elite battles, but that's not what I'm talking about anyway :tongue: What about stuff like GS, RSE, Stadium or what?

A revised team:

Starmie
Snorlax
Umbreon
Heracross
Gligar
Exeggutor

I'm active...I suppose.

Anyway, no worries if I lose this one, I'll just come back to haunt all of you after I get my last two Johto badges.

wtf?
he mean victreebell,he's not good at naming pokemons

mlugia
02-22-2006, 03:49 PM

A revised team:

Starmie
Snorlax
Umbreon
Heracross
Gligar
Exeggutor

I'm active...I suppose.

wtf?
Gligar, Raik? O_o

ball
02-22-2006, 03:52 PM
victreebell... the final stage:tongue: typo... I will edit.

boltAge
02-22-2006, 03:53 PM
Yes, Gligar. Got a problem with that? :tongue:

mlugia
02-22-2006, 03:58 PM
Yes, Gligar. Got a problem with that? :tongue:
No, no :o

Just surprised that Dancedos wasn't part of your arsenal.

Magare
02-22-2006, 04:03 PM
The type of 4v4 battles is either Stadium or Colloseum and if you cant come to an agreement.....

Guess the standard will be Colloseum (no matter how much I dont like it :razz: )

Neo Emolga
02-22-2006, 04:21 PM
Predictions

Ball vs Lan
Ball. Lan's a good friend of mine but I honestly believe Ball has more experience.

Yami vs Ierdar
Ierdar's water Pokemon are insane. Plus he's got plenty of everything else...

Zark vs Velly
I'd have to go with Velly on this one. He may not have been as active, but he's been in the URPG longer.

Mystikal vs Raik
Now this is the toughest choice, because both of them have enormous teams. My only guess here is because Mystikal's been more active and up to date, but it's anyone's game.

Good luck to you all though...

boltAge
02-22-2006, 04:30 PM
The type of 4v4 battles is either Stadium or Colloseum and if you cant come to an agreement.....

Guess the standard will be Colloseum (no matter how much I dont like it :razz: )
Items? Clauses? There should be a definite set of rules for these things...

No, no :o

Just surprised that Dancedos wasn't part of your arsenal.
Never really was a fan of Gyarados anyway, I mean I caught that damn Magikarp with a story attempting to get a Feebas. How much would I like it? : / :tongue:

Loyal Arcanine
02-22-2006, 04:33 PM

Sleep Clause if the battlers want to, no items (although items can be used in Elite 4 battles if the Elite says so).

boltAge
02-22-2006, 04:36 PM
So are those fixed or optional for the battlers? I'd like both to be fixed, but who knows which *cough* person out there wants to abuse the lack of either of it... :tongue:

mlugia
02-22-2006, 04:48 PM

Never really was a fan of Gyarados anyway, I mean I caught that damn Magikarp with a story attempting to get a Feebas. How much would I like it? : / :tongue:
I'll take it off your hands if you want a Geodude or a Mareep :p

Anywhoot, I doubt VT would go against Slp clz anyways, he's NB'd before, and usually peeps who have detest sleep with a vengence.

boltAge
02-22-2006, 04:52 PM
I'll take it off your hands if you want a Geodude or a Mareep :p

Anywhoot, I doubt VT would go against Slp clz anyways, he's NB'd before, and usually peeps who have detest sleep with a vengence.
I'd take an Ampharos though. ;D

No, I mean like, the next round. If I do make it past, which I probably won't. I have a grand total of 0 breeding moves. I need money... :tongue:

mlugia
02-22-2006, 04:54 PM
Me too :( I have like 2.5k. There should be a Government handout agency for the URPG to give money to me :(

I guess I'll train it to an Amphy and give it to you >_>

boltAge
02-22-2006, 04:58 PM
In Australia, they give you money for not working! Shouldn't we do this in the URPG too? I mean, damn man, keep up with the times, it isn't the Ultimate RPG anymore >:0 It's the ULTRA RPG! In case anyone didn't get it, the old name for the URPG used to be Ultimate RPG not Ultra RPG. :tongue:

Oh and, I'll gladly take an Ampharos. I'm wondering how did you breed Recover onto Mareep though, I don't think it's in his egg moves. :eh:

mlugia
02-22-2006, 05:00 PM
In Australia, they give you money for not working! Shouldn't we do this in the URPG too? I mean, damn man, keep up with the times, it isn't the Ultimate RPG anymore >:0 It's the ULTRA RPG! In case anyone didn't get it, the old name for the URPG used to be Ultimate RPG not Ultra RPG. :tongue:

Oh and, I'll gladly take an Ampharos. I'm wondering how did you breed Recover onto Mareep though, I don't think it's in his egg moves. :eh:
It has recover in its moves? O_o I must have messed it up with Lileep.

edit: No, it's Lileep with recover... mareep's clean.

boltAge
02-22-2006, 05:01 PM
I think it's me who messed up :tongue: Saw it wrongly.

EDIT: We're severely off-topic. Let's get back on-topic!

EDIT2: VT, if you're reading this, clear your damn PM box or at least get on AIM.

MystiKal
02-22-2006, 05:14 PM
Sorry Raik, I just cleaned my PM box.

Final team:

Snorlax
Starmie
Gengar
Alakazam
Crobat
Kingdra

Subside
02-22-2006, 05:16 PM
Well... i have beaten Ierdars gym in the past.. but the question is can i beat him again

Final Team will be:

Weezing
Stantler
Umbreon
Shuckle
Venusaur
Typhlosion

well good luck to all...

Ierdar
02-22-2006, 08:07 PM
Alright, here and posting my final team!

Venusaur
Umbreon
Milotic
Blaziken
Dragonite
Slowbro

One small little change from my original post, if it's ok. =P Dusclops >_> Wonder why I put that.

Anyway, Yami, I'm ready when you are. :wink:

King Zark
02-22-2006, 10:11 PM
Charizard
Tyranitar
Venusaur
Salamence
Heracross
Raichu

is my final team.

Velly when do you want to do it? Sat. is the best for me. IM when i am NOT away.

Magare
02-23-2006, 02:04 AM
Only Lan and velly left to confirm...

ball
02-23-2006, 10:39 AM
My oponent, lan hasnt ben on for a long time. so, I would like to know what happens if he doesent show up? Will I have to battle someone other, or just proceed to the finals.

Magare
02-23-2006, 10:51 AM
In case Lan doesnt show up you will go to the finals.

But, if velly doesnt show up either, you and zark will fight each other for a place in the finals

boltAge
02-23-2006, 11:00 AM
Dude how is that fair? He shouldn't be able to go to the finals just like that.

Magare
02-23-2006, 11:19 AM
It isnt really fair raik, but what else can I do?

Lets just hope Lan and velly show up...

King Zark
02-23-2006, 12:19 PM
It is like Velly or Lan forfeiting there spot. So me and Ball get an pass. And if me and ball were to go at it. There be 3 people left not four. Then the person left would get a pass for finale. That is more unfair than ball and me getting a pass for quater finales. if we do that Then there be even amount of player in Semi and the finale.

mlugia
02-23-2006, 01:47 PM
Err, what?

If you and Ball duke it out, then 3 of you will advance to the finals, where Flare is. Hey look, an even 4 :p

Even if not, a round-robin of 3 is a crapload faster than a rr of 4 to complete :p.

MystiKal
02-23-2006, 02:06 PM
Err, what?

If you and Ball duke it out, then 3 of you will advance to the finals, where Flare is. Hey look, an even 4 :p

Even if not, a round-robin of 3 is a crapload faster than a rr of 4 to complete :p.
Flare said he wasn't going to be in the finals. :o

mlugia
02-23-2006, 02:59 PM
oic. I must've missed that, my bad.

boltAge
02-23-2006, 05:00 PM
...never underestimate your opponents. :tongue: Anyway, I don't think all the battles would be done by Saturday. I don't think any of them would be.

Loyal Arcanine
02-23-2006, 08:52 PM
So the first match is done. Btw, whoever refs one of these must post the report here, and NOT in their log.

Ierdar vs Yami
4 vs 4
Colosseum Rules
No Items
AIM

Ierdar: Venusaur, Umbreon, Slowbro
Yami: Stantler, Venusaur, Weezing, Shuckle

Sleeping moves were thrown out at the start, but both missed. Stantler was the first to be put asleep, but only for two turns during which Venusaur only managed to Leech Seed him since it also missed once. Then Stantler woke up, and now Venusaur was put to sleep. Stantler set up using Calm Mind twice, and then used Dream Eater. Venusaur woke up, and stalled a bit. Stantler was eventually forced to Rest because of Seed damage. Venusaur was put to sleep again, and Stantler took it down. Umbreon came in shortly, but was switched for Slowbro. Using Psych Up the odds now turned into Slowbro's favor. Hypnosis missed again and Surf took Stantler down. Weezing came in and Hazed away the setups, and broke a Substitute before going down. Venusaur's Sleep Powder missed too, and Slowbro got a new Sub. It then used Yawn + Protect to put Venusaur to sleep. It then used Calm Mind once, and then swept Venusaur with two Psychis and Shuckle with two Surfs (although, one Surf missed too since Shuckle got a Double Team in).

Ierdar wins, gets $1000 and progresses to the next round.
Yami loses, and gets $500.

infested88
02-23-2006, 08:57 PM
That was a nice match you guys. I wish you luck in the next match Josh. You deserve that elite spot. *luv* :D

MystiKal
02-23-2006, 10:35 PM
Pretty intense match you guys had. :o

.AzureLight
02-24-2006, 02:52 AM
Hey guys, sorry for my lack of inactivity. :oops: During the week is really NOT a good time for me, but I don't have any school tomorrow. :tongue: (But my mom isn't working either, so I may not be able to use my computer. :susp:)

Final Team

Gyarados
Charizard
Salamence
Electrode
Heracross
Tyranitar

EDIT: Finally evolved Char and Bagon. :oops:

boltAge
02-24-2006, 09:37 AM
They're not fully evolved. You can't use them.

Anyway, unimpressive match there, another sleep whoring match :rolleyes:

Ierdar
02-24-2006, 03:38 PM
They're not fully evolved. You can't use them.

Anyway, unimpressive match there, another sleep whoring match :rolleyes:
What can I say, I like to sleep with my whores. :wink: Too bad I only have one kidney now. =(

boltAge
02-25-2006, 02:49 AM
Take that as jokingly as you want, this is a problem in the URPG right now and I'll have no respect for anybody abusing sleep because the officials don't see the severity of the issue.

King Zark
02-25-2006, 01:12 PM
Any sign of velly?

Lan you wanna do a practice match?

Ierdar
02-25-2006, 07:45 PM
Take that as jokingly as you want, this is a problem in the URPG right now and I'll have no respect for anybody abusing sleep because the officials don't see the severity of the issue.
There are ways to counter sleep, plenty. Not my fault if you can't counter it. ;) Not to mention, sleep clause IS avilable in the URPG now. =P So stop your whining.

ball
02-25-2006, 07:56 PM
I kinda agree with ierdar on this. Even if I did used them a little bit more in the elite battle. You shouldnt all talk about how unfair I was all the time ya know.

boltAge
02-26-2006, 04:11 AM
There are ways to counter sleep, plenty. Not my fault if you can't counter it. ;) Not to mention, sleep clause IS avilable in the URPG now. =P So stop your whining.
Why don't you list me a few? ;-) Read the other thread, we had already list a few incapable counters there.

The URPG never required Sleep Clause because everybody fought fair. It's because of sleep whores like you people who make that rule necessary. It's people like you who are destroying the fun of the URPG. In an Elite battle, one would easily assume both side would want to fight fair, considering both battlers had come far enough to be able to fight that battle, but ball abused that privilege.

I'm going to reopen the case soon. :rolleyes:

Magare
02-26-2006, 07:44 AM
First of all, Velly is dropped. So congrats to his opponent :rolleyes:

Now raik, enough with that here. This is neither the place nor the time really.

Like we said already, sleep clause IS available, and if you want to use it you most certanly can. If its not used "sleep whoring" as you call it is a very decent tactic which can, but may not be countered. It doesnt really matter. You have the option to use the clause if you wish so for now drop it.

Now lets go back to elite tryouts.

We have 2 finalists already, Zark and Ierdar.

I'd just like to remind the other 2 pairs to hurry it if possible

boltAge
02-26-2006, 07:47 AM
This isn't about the rules here. Oh god damnit, I'm not going to bother repeating the same thing in two threads.

Anyway, Marth hasn't been on for like...thousands of years so VT and I can't continue our battle.

King Zark
02-26-2006, 01:42 PM
First of all, Velly is dropped. So congrats to his opponent :rolleyes:

Now raik, enough with that here. This is neither the place nor the time really.

Like we said already, sleep clause IS available, and if you want to use it you most certanly can. If its not used "sleep whoring" as you call it is a very decent tactic which can, but may not be countered. It doesnt really matter. You have the option to use the clause if you wish so for now drop it.

Now lets go back to elite tryouts.

We have 2 finalists already, Zark and Ierdar.

I'd just like to remind the other 2 pairs to hurry it if possible

Great my rivial i'll show him!

Ierdar
02-26-2006, 03:03 PM
Great my rivial i'll show him!
I'm your rival? Well, whatever. =P I just need to not underestimate you. ;)

VT, you better make it to the finals! If I don't battle you this spot will not be worth it. >=P

Also...isn't it just the semi-finals? Once everyone is done I mean. =P

ball
02-26-2006, 03:20 PM
I have not seened lan on aim. And well, I cant get on too late. So I cant hurry up. I will battle him, when I see him on.

.AzureLight
02-26-2006, 05:18 PM
I'm here now...

My team will be:

Gyarados
Charizard
Salamence
Heracross
Electrode
Tyranitar

King Zark
02-26-2006, 07:05 PM
Ierdar when you want to battle? AIM me K?

Loyal Arcanine
02-26-2006, 07:45 PM
Ierdar when you want to battle? AIM me K?
You guys aren't battling (yet). We first have to wait for the two other battles to finish, and then from the winners of those battles and you and Ierdar opponents will be randomized.

infested88
02-26-2006, 08:42 PM
Eilte Try Out Battle

Lan vs Ball

4v4
COL
Items Allowed
Sleep Clause

Ball used Ninjask and Aerodactyl.
Lan used Salamence, Electrode, Tyranitar, and Charizard.

Lan foolishly let Ball's Ninjask get set up to an ATK +5 and a SPD +4 when his Salamence was out. Then all those nice stats were BP'd to Aerodactyl and it was over. Aerodactyl OHKO'd everything with either Ancient Power or Earthquake.

GG guys.... GG...

Magare
02-26-2006, 09:18 PM
Congrats ball, only raik and VT remaining

MystiKal
02-26-2006, 09:26 PM
Congrats ball, only raik and VT remaining
We may need to get another ref. :o

Loyal Arcanine
02-26-2006, 09:30 PM
We may need to get another ref. :o
I'll be willing to finish it, if you guys have the stats.

.AzureLight
02-26-2006, 10:03 PM
I would like to congradulate ball on his victory. :oops: He royally pwned me. (WITHOUT SLEEP WHORING)

Ierdar
02-28-2006, 12:38 AM
I would like to congradulate ball on his victory. :oops: He royally pwned me. (WITHOUT SLEEP WHORING)
*coughembercough* >_>

Grats Ball. See you in the next round. ;)

boltAge
02-28-2006, 01:53 PM
I'll be willing to finish it, if you guys have the stats.
I have the chat log, but I'm not sure if we could all get on at the same time.

.AzureLight
02-28-2006, 11:18 PM
*coughembercough* >_>

Grats Ball. See you in the next round. ;)
I have my reasons and you'll never know them.

Magare
03-06-2006, 12:51 AM
Raik, VT, wtf? Do you plan to finish this or what?

MystiKal
03-06-2006, 12:54 AM
Raik, VT, wtf? Do you plan to finish this or what?
Dude, I've tried contacting him on AIM and he never responds. So I don't know what to do.

boltAge
03-06-2006, 10:25 AM
You don't talk to someone when they have their mode set to Away. I haven't seen you online when I am, you know.

mlugia
03-06-2006, 01:41 PM
fyi, raik lives in Singapore, which means your 11PM is his 11AM roughly :p

MystiKal
03-06-2006, 11:09 PM
I know that Mana. :P

Also Raik, I've IMed you countless of times when you weren't away and just got nothing.

Tamer San
03-06-2006, 11:18 PM
He simply hates you and he doesn't want to talk to you anymore, just stop annoying him for god's sake!!!

boltAge
03-07-2006, 08:38 AM
Those are times I forgot to set my Away modes. Seriously, I'm in school like 12 hours a day, and the rest of that I have homework. Please pick more timely times to talk to me.

EDIT: VT, move on. I have forfeited, I'm going to be away from this forum for a while.

King Zark
03-07-2006, 02:28 PM
Just PM me when the next round starts with my oppenet.

can i change my party?

Magare
03-07-2006, 08:24 PM
I think I made it pretty clear there will be no changing... So, no :razz:

Now, the 4 people that made it to the finals are:

VT (Mystikal)
Zark
Ball
Ierdar

Is there any time that the 4 of your can be on at the same time?

Ierdar
03-08-2006, 12:40 AM
I don't know. =P I'm usually on a lot when VT is on. I don't see Zark too much and I see raik from time to time...

I hope you're not planning to throw us in a FFA. =\ *borrows Shroomie's gun*

MystiKal
03-08-2006, 01:06 AM
Haha, yeah I would hate a FFA.

King Zark
03-08-2006, 12:06 PM
I be on this weekend SATurday

Check after school this whole week

i get home around 5pm.

I live is illinois, USA

(Chicago)

MystiKal
03-08-2006, 12:26 PM
I can be on then.

Ierdar
03-08-2006, 03:29 PM
I could probably get that to work. =P

King Zark
03-09-2006, 12:50 AM
tell me the day and time i can't be on after 6:30pm so we have to start early.

please guive me two dates i can agree with.

ball
03-09-2006, 05:33 PM
I havent been on this weak and i will get on only on saturday (im on a cellphone now). I cant guaranty when il be on, but i should be on saturday evening.

King Zark
03-09-2006, 10:48 PM
i can't do sat night.
i am free all day sat. 6am 7pm New York time

MystiKal
03-12-2006, 10:23 PM
Okay, so like what now?

Magare
03-13-2006, 12:10 AM
Meh, short and simple then.

Rules:

6v6 Stadium or Colloseum SLEEP CLAUSE OPTIONAL

If trainers cant agree on the rules the "default" ones will be

6v6 Colloseum and no sleep clause

Pairings now (and this is NOT a K.O. phase, so you can still become the elite if you lose)

VT vs Ball
Ierdar vs Zark

Battle, and report it here. Thanks you :biggrin:

MystiKal
03-13-2006, 12:58 AM
Aight, cool. Now only if I can ever see Ball online.

ball
03-13-2006, 06:06 PM
VT seems to be banned, what should I do?

Neo Emolga
03-13-2006, 06:34 PM
VT seems to be banned, what should I do?

We're not quite sure, the issue of VT's ban is still being brought up among the mods and we're awaiting Ryan's response to our questions regarding the situation. Depending on the resolution, this may or may not be changed, but if you don't mind, give it a few days.

I'll let you know if anything changes.

mlugia
03-13-2006, 07:24 PM
So what exactly happened while I wasn't here? how'd pidge and vt get banned?

Neo Emolga
03-13-2006, 07:35 PM
So what exactly happened while I wasn't here? how'd pidge and vt get banned?

I wasn't around at the time Pidge and SK got banned, I know SK was banned for creating clone accounts however, at least that's what I heard from other people. Pidge... I don't know, but it's a two week ban.

At the moment, it seems like VT was banned for insulting Ryan, but it seems like that mostly occured in an AIM chat, so there's nothing to reference to.

Its kind of hard to tell what's really going on exactly...

Channel Delibird
03-13-2006, 08:45 PM
I wasn't around at the time Pidge and SK got banned, I know SK was banned for creating clone accounts however, at least that's what I heard from other people. Pidge... I don't know, but it's a two week ban.

At the moment, it seems like VT was banned for insulting Ryan, but it seems like that mostly occured in an AIM chat, so there's nothing to reference to.

Its kind of hard to tell what's really going on exactly...

This happens every three months or so and we never figure out exactly what is going on. From what it looked like Pidge was creating clone accounts too, though...about 7 of them.

MystiKal
03-14-2006, 01:17 AM
Wha? I'm not banned!

boltAge
03-14-2006, 03:59 AM
Neo, mind sharing some of those clone accounts' names with me? I've been harased by a few newbies recently and I know certainly no newbies with 18 posts who joined in March 2006 will ask me how was I unbanned.

Neo Emolga
03-14-2006, 04:08 AM
Neo, mind sharing some of those clone accounts' names with me? I've been harased by a few newbies recently and I know certainly no newbies with 18 posts who joined in March 2006 will ask me how was I unbanned.

For the record, all of Pidge's clone accounts were, in fact clones of his name (i.e. multiple instance names of "Pidgeot79" are what's on the ban list at the moment). SK's clone account was a very similar copy off of PokemonElite2000, pretending to be Ryan himself.

Since I doubt those are the clone accounts of the people harassing you (Obviously they would be quick identifiers), would you mind giving me the names of everyone who has been harassing you through PM? I'll look further into them for you, and their could be a chance those are clone accounts as well.

King Zark
03-15-2006, 12:54 PM
hi ierdar when?

what the bst time for u.

give me several

Ierdar
03-15-2006, 08:18 PM
Mon-Wed I'm good for 3-6PM EST

Thursday-4-9PM EST

Weekends I can do any time, just name it and I can be on. Same with Friday.

Pidgeot79
03-25-2006, 12:54 AM
For the record, all of Pidge's clone accounts were, in fact clones of his name (i.e. multiple instance names of "Pidgeot79" are what's on the ban list at the moment). SK's clone account was a very similar copy off of PokemonElite2000, pretending to be Ryan himself.

Since I doubt those are the clone accounts of the people harassing you (Obviously they would be quick identifiers), would you mind giving me the names of everyone who has been harassing you through PM? I'll look further into them for you, and their could be a chance those are clone accounts as well.

No. I've made no clone accounts at all (unless you include the joke account, Captain Planet) in my PE2K history. The only thing that pointed toward me was the actual username of the clones, Pidgeot79, and anybody can type that (how they got usernames with the exact same characters, I don't know). Just would like to clear up that bs.

Tamer San
03-25-2006, 06:38 AM
I believe you Pidge *Hugs Pidge*

flareon008
03-25-2006, 08:00 PM
No. I've made no clone accounts at all (unless you include the joke account, Captain Planet) in my PE2K history. The only thing that pointed toward me was the actual username of the clones, Pidgeot79, and anybody can type that (how they got usernames with the exact same characters, I don't know). Just would like to clear up that bs.

Fyi, there's more than just usernames that can identify a person.

King Zark
03-26-2006, 03:30 AM
also you can inpersonate. but you have to be good.

unlike me.

Ierdar
04-09-2006, 08:38 PM
Is it me or has Zark not been showing up? =\ We had a battle schedualed a few weeks ago but it never happened.

So, what happens now? =\

Jack of Clovers
04-11-2006, 06:59 AM
I think instead of waiting for this, we're just going to pick someone.

~Jack~

MystiKal
04-11-2006, 12:18 PM

~Jack~
Yeah, my battle with ball well we started but never finished. He's just rarely so on. :[

Ierdar
04-12-2006, 10:43 PM

~Jack~
Alright then. Whatever works I guess. =P

ball
04-13-2006, 05:13 AM
VT, Im on every day like 4-6 hours. We are just in diferent time zones, or you work while Im on. Yeah, picking would work.

Marth
04-16-2006, 11:18 PM

~Jack~
Oh! Oh! Pick me! Pick me! I can defeat you all kiddo's whenever I want!
*Cough Cough*
Maybe later =/
Boo ya!
*Hides in the hermit cave again*

MystiKal
04-17-2006, 01:39 AM
Just bring it Marth.

boltAge
04-17-2006, 08:01 AM
lol I'll bet 5 bucks this will drag on into the summer. Who's with me?

King Zark
04-20-2006, 10:53 PM
I forfeit my position

I am gonna be inactive till summer

Rhauk
04-21-2006, 05:57 PM
I forfeit my position

I am gonna be inactive till summer

Heh, I'd apply, but I haven't got 6 pokémon. Unless I were allowed to rent, which I am not... "cries"

Jack of Clovers
04-21-2006, 09:09 PM
Well, we've made our decision. Unfortunately, we've also lost contact with JT and I fear he may have fell victim like Dap did with his parents. So I opened his position too.

Ierdar and Boltage

They are the new two elites. Congrats to both and welcome to the elites. Simply post your team of 6.

~Jack~

Ierdar
04-21-2006, 09:24 PM
Thanks Jack. =) Quite a surprise to step out of the shower to. XD

I'd love for my team to be:

Slowbro
Umbreon
Venusaur
Dragonite
Lanturn
Blaziken

MystiKal
04-21-2006, 09:50 PM
So does Ierdar still have his gym now?

Jack of Clovers
04-21-2006, 10:29 PM
Well, that would mean no. Shame too, so many people feared him. :tongue:

~Jack~

Ierdar
04-21-2006, 10:30 PM
Well, that would mean no. Shame too, so many people feared him. :tongue:

~Jack~
I don't? O_o I was under the impression I do get to keep my gym.

If I can't keep my gym I'd rather not be an E4 member. I'd really rather keep my gym. =\

Jack of Clovers
04-21-2006, 10:37 PM
Well, this might... complicate it abit.

We decided that if you were an Elite you couldn't own a Gym at the same time. It allows different people to own something. Take some time to think about what you want to do. You don't have to decide today.
The same would go for Boltage too.

~Jack~

Ierdar
04-21-2006, 11:08 PM
I suppose I understand why but still...

I would rather keep my gym though. The only real use I see for being a member of the Elite Four is the bragging rights. I would rather keep my gym where I'd actually get to battle.

The gym means a lot to me too. I've had it for a while now and it's helped me earn most of my pokemon. The income from the gym has been very helpful seeing as I don't get to battle outside the gym much. I earned respect from members in my gym, more respect and a better respect than from all of the flaming I used to do.

It just means too much for me to give up. I realize it's just a bit of text in an online role playing game but it still means something to me.

I have to decline the spot in the Elite Four. Sorry guys, my gym just means more to me.

MystiKal
04-22-2006, 12:21 AM
I see where you are coming from Ierdar, you are like the most feared gym leader.

boltAge
04-22-2006, 02:30 AM
Wow, this is really an honour, to be chosen for an Elite position. I'm glad to accept it. And yes, my Fortree gym will be let go off so you guys can start applying for it :tongue:

I haven't really finished building my dream team which I intend to achieve by the end of summer, but here's my strongest lineup right now.

Snorlax
Starmie
Umbreon
Exeggutor
Tyranitar
Dragonite

Again, I'm really quite surprised at the decision since I never expected to get it, and want to thank all of you that made this possible :tongue:

ball
04-22-2006, 09:32 AM
Wow, Ierdar forfeited the elite position. So, there will be a new one chosen from me and VT?

King Zark
04-22-2006, 09:12 PM
To be personal...

I want the 4th spot undecided.
I would of stayed, but since i have school and I do play othr games so I decided that if I was going to be an elite i had to show effort and activitiness.

Boltage good work.

To, Conclude the decision between VT and Ball should wait (June).

MystiKal
04-23-2006, 12:59 AM
To be personal...

I want the 4th spot undecided.
I would of stayed, but since i have school and I do play othr games so I decided that if I was going to be an elite i had to show effort and activitiness.

Boltage good work.

To, Conclude the decision between VT and Ball should wait (June).
They should wait longer to make the decison?

Does that mean you still want the spot? Beacuse a couple of posts back you just said you dropped out for the runnings of a E4 spot.

Neo Emolga
04-23-2006, 01:07 AM
Yeah, you had dropped out even before Ierdar decided to stick with the gym.

Anyway, congrats on earning Elite status Raik!

Jack of Clovers
04-24-2006, 10:06 PM
Understandable, Ierdar.

As for picking the next one, need some more time. There are people that didn't sign up for this that now could apply. I'll look at the options and pick the best for the job. Soon... :susp:

~Jack~

Espeon Rinage
05-05-2006, 07:21 PM
Understandable, Ierdar.

As for picking the next one, need some more time. There are people that didn't sign up for this that now could apply. I'll look at the options and pick the best for the job. Soon... :susp:

~Jack~

You said that you are giving JT the possition since he is back, so shouldnt this be locked?

oh and on the Gym Leaders thread, above the E4 dont u think it would be cool to put

-Lauge Organizer- jack or somthing?

Tamer San
05-06-2006, 01:24 PM
Actually the Elite 4 does not have a league Organizer because we are not ment to be for one region, we are the Elite 4 of the three regions dude.

King Zark
05-13-2006, 03:46 AM
They should wait longer to make the decison?

Does that mean you still want the spot? Beacuse a couple of posts back you just said you dropped out for the runnings of a E4 spot.

No.

flareon008
05-13-2006, 10:50 PM
Well, this might... complicate it abit.

We decided that if you were an Elite you couldn't own a Gym at the same time. It allows different people to own something. Take some time to think about what you want to do. You don't have to decide today.
The same would go for Boltage too.

~Jack~

:eh: Was this after me?

King Zark
05-17-2006, 03:55 AM
:eh: Was this after me?

no look on page 11 you see it was for ierdar i think.