PDA

View Full Version : What is the saddest episode ever?

Pokemon_Dude2006
02-21-2006, 03:54 AM
Tis is the tOPic.

Mitsuko Souma
02-21-2006, 04:14 AM
Tis is the tOPic.
The pokemon television show is waaay too crappy and gay to shed a tear about. Sorry. >_<

AshMistyMayfan
02-21-2006, 06:01 AM
How is it gay when you have a girl along on the journey? Never mind, I really don't want to know for it is your opinion.

Misty leaving
May not getting Swablu, she really should've had that bird! That bird as an Altaria would soar in the contests!
Max not able to keep Ralts. That made me cry.
Ash not winning tournaments. Trust me when he goes for the upcoming tournament battle, he won't win.
Brock not able to date Nurse Joy or Officer Jenny.

Pokemon Trainer Sarah
02-21-2006, 06:08 AM
I remember a thread like this ages ago ^_^

And BTW they weren't sad enough to make me cry, they were still sad though, so Mitsuko Souma, you can keep your opinion to yourself. ^^

Bye Bye Butterfree
Pikachu's Goodbye
Bulbasaur Ambassador
Gotta Catch Ya Later
The one where Ash left Charizard to train. Don't remember the title.
A Poached Ego

That's all I remember at the moment.

Mitsuko Souma
02-21-2006, 06:13 AM

And BTW they weren't sad enough to make me cry, they were still sad though, so Mitsuko Souma, you can keep your opinion to yourself. ^^

Bye Bye Butterfree
Pikachu's Goodbye
Bulbasaur Ambassador
Gotta Catch Ya Later
A Poached Ego

The Butterfree and Pikachu episodes were the best out of the entire series. The perfect pokemon episode, though, would be without May or Ash. Seriously, an episode with Misty and Brock alone would make me cry tears of joy.

But the Butterfree one did make me cry. Not that it means much. Hell, I cry when I run into a door.

Kari Mary
02-21-2006, 07:37 AM

Bye Bye Butterfree
Pikachu's Goodbye
Bulbasaur Ambassador
Gotta Catch Ya Later
A Poached Ego

I know that. It's "Charizard's burning Ambitions"

Sleepy Sheep
02-21-2006, 11:53 AM
Ahh...Butterfree's good bye. That's probably the saddest IMO. It made me cry when I was 8 years old.

Marill
02-21-2006, 02:53 PM
Bulbasaur the Ambassador and Misty's departure for me. I also found the end of the Indigo League saddening for some reason.

bleep
02-21-2006, 04:11 PM
i wouldn't call any of them sad... but the stupidest move ash has ever made was releasing charizard which apparently raped everything as soon as he sent it out. i think with charizard hoenn would've been A LOT easier o.O

Mitsuko Souma
02-21-2006, 11:24 PM
i wouldn't call any of them sad... but the stupidest move ash has ever made was releasing charizard which apparently raped everything as soon as he sent it out. i think with charizard hoenn would've been A LOT easier o.O
Ash is a dork. Ash is on dope. Ash is an idiot.

What more can I say?

Pokemon_Dude2006
02-22-2006, 12:01 AM
Ash is a dork. Ash is on dope. Ash is an idiot.

What more can I say?
I guess so. He's making the Hoenn league alot harder than it needs to be. I think all the main characters are supposed to lose a pokemon or not get to keep one.
ash: butterfree
brock: geodude
misty: togepi( or togetic)
max: ralts
may: swablu

pkmn trainer Vincent
02-22-2006, 12:05 AM

Bye Bye Butterfree
Pikachu's Goodbye
Bulbasaur Ambassador
Gotta Catch Ya Later
A Poached Ego

Heh all the Epsiodes i thought were sad all in one post....the saddest one was when Ash let Charizard train in the Charizard Valley. i was only 9 when i saw the Bye Bye butterfree Ep. heh

Tahir123
02-22-2006, 12:37 AM
Pokemon is a cartoon for fun.There's no tears in Pokemon.

Orange_Flaaffy
02-22-2006, 01:03 AM
Pikachu's Goodbye for me is the saddest, it made me cry, and I started watching pokemon when I was sixteen...

Others that share that spotlight:

Bye Bye Butterfree
and
Go West Young Meowth

Also, a moment of honor must be paid for Pikachu's beloved bottle of ketchup in Showdown at Dark City (not really 'sad' as it was 'beyond cute sad' :oops: )

Mitsuko Souma
02-23-2006, 01:31 AM
Pikachu's Goodbye for me is the saddest, it made me cry, and I started watching pokemon when I was sixteen...

Others that share that spotlight:

Bye Bye Butterfree
and
Go West Young Meowth

Also, a moment of honor must be paid for Pikachu's beloved bottle of ketchup in Showdown at Dark City (not really 'sad' as it was 'beyond cute sad' :oops: )
Made me giggle. 'Cause ketchup is teh shizznits.

AshMistyMayfan
02-23-2006, 05:24 AM
I'll admit I wasn't high up on May at first due to her having one battle and losing to all Pokemon, the Zigzagoon! But I think May has done a fairly good job on Pokemon. I still like Misty because I feel she and Ash have a destiny in the future. Ash loving May is non-existant because I'm not sure May knows what love is, other then she loves her Pokemon.

I still feel May should've had Swablu, the writers fail at times to let Pokemon like that on journies, same with the Ralts. Isn't part of the show trying to capture Pokemon rather then discovering they got a family or a trainer in the wild Pokemon?

Pikachu losing his ketchup that broke, that was actually comical to see the expression on the face!

Sceptile Frost
02-24-2006, 12:35 AM
Bulbasaur the Ambassador
The poaching one were Jesse and James leave Arbok and Weezing (A Poched Ego, I think)
The one where Max doesn't get Ralts

But I've only seen Johto and beyond, so I wouldn't know in Kanto or Orange

Pokemon Master 101
02-24-2006, 11:29 PM
Bye Bye Butterfree was the sadest episode

Pika57
02-25-2006, 02:45 AM

Bye Bye Butterfree
Pikachu's Goodbye
Bulbasaur Ambassador
Gotta Catch Ya Later
A Poached Ego

I remember ity indeed.

Twas a long tiem ag, in a galaxy far far away.....

Or wait... actualyl it sprobably a few pages back... ehh sadest moment for me was near the end of the first Pokemon movie.

Not like it wasn't over in thirty seconds.

Not to mention I was in first grade.

boltAge
02-25-2006, 03:25 AM
Without absolute doubt, it's Bye Bye Butterfree. Pikachu's Goodbye comes a very, very close second though.

Anyway, if you should bash Pokemon anime, bash only those after Season 1. Season 1 was really a great anime, albeit somewhat childish, but it was something you'd want to watch week after week.

Pokemon_Dude2006
02-28-2006, 06:19 PM
Thanks for posting I didn't think anyone would! I agree with Boltage. The first season was and will always be the best!

Neo Emolga
02-28-2006, 06:30 PM
Anyway, if you should bash Pokemon anime, bash only those after Season 1. Season 1 was really a great anime, albeit somewhat childish, but it was something you'd want to watch week after week.

Seconded.

To me... Pikachu's Goodbye... :cry:

Meh, think about what would have happened if he really did leave him behind...

inyi
06-01-2007, 01:59 PM
Bye Bye Butterfree
and
Gotta catch ya Later:ermm:

Pokeboy sarab
06-01-2007, 02:20 PM
Seconded.

The anime would have been better. XD

And to me it had to be "Gotta Catch you later" when Misty leaves. And also when Togetic leaves.

Yeah but Pikachu's Goodbye was sad, Ash lost the opportunity to get rid of pika, lol. Also when Arbok and Weezing leave is also sad.

Shiny Loser
06-01-2007, 02:27 PM
Seconded.

The anime wouldn't be as it is now, and it would have lost a lot more watchers.

Too bad Sarab doesn't think so. xD

WifiFX
06-01-2007, 02:55 PM
Seconded.

hehe...And then he gets a Jigglypuff as his new partner..:rolleyes:

or...Umbreon!! Awesome! Whoopie!!:susp: darn.:susp:

Nyuu
06-01-2007, 04:23 PM
Pikachu's Goodbye made me cry the first time I saw it :sad:

WifiFX
06-01-2007, 05:43 PM
Pikachu's Goodbye made me cry the first time I saw it :sad:

ok....Enough emotions for today...

Shiny Loser
06-02-2007, 10:09 AM
ok....Enough emotions for today...
Meh. This thread is all about emotions for the Pokemon anime, and you say enough emotions. :rolleyes:

Realityxxx
06-02-2007, 10:57 AM
1. When May got bulbasaur
2. Pikachu's goodbye
3. When Ash turned to stone in "Mew Vs Mewtwo"

SabrE
06-02-2007, 11:15 AM
1. Pikachu's Goodbye.
2. Bye Bye Butterfree.
3. Charmander the stray Pokemon.

Them 3 made me quite sad. Can't really remember any others at the moment.

AshMistyMayfan
06-03-2007, 07:46 AM
The anime would have been better. XD

And to me it had to be "Gotta Catch you later" when Misty leaves. And also when Togetic leaves.

Yeah but Pikachu's Goodbye was sad, Ash lost the opportunity to get rid of pika, lol. Also when Arbok and Weezing leave is also sad.

ARe you seriously kidding me? THat's a terrible mean thing to say about the Pokemon you get. Every Pokemon I ever got in the game, I treated them like a buddy, and Pikachu is Ash's good friend/loyal companion. You never ever give that up, even if opportunity presented itself in a trade (remember Ash unloading Butterfree for the Raticate and how miserable he felt?) Ash releasing Pikachu is as bad as Paul releasing the Starly, it shows a callous mean natured side and it's like abandoning. It's like a knife that goes into your heart to just say goodbye like that. I could never release Pokemon like that for it's too sad. You never ditch your Pokemon as you are saying. I can understand a fan not liking something, but that's just meanness right there.

I remember that episode of Misty, adn then Brock leaving. I actually cried to see MIsty having to go. It was terrible. May though eventually became good, and I do like Dawn.

No1Inparticular
06-03-2007, 07:58 AM
Pikachu's Goodbye Was Sad, I Have It On Video, And The Song On My Pc

-Starly-
06-03-2007, 08:36 AM
Hooray for topic title vagueness!

The saddest episode ever has got to be...

"Satoshi and Haruka! Heated Battles in Houen!"

Because nothing is more pathetic than having to resort to airing a fricken' CLIP SHOW!

Shiny Loser
06-03-2007, 08:46 AM
ARe you seriously kidding me? THat's a terrible mean thing to say about the Pokemon you get. Every Pokemon I ever got in the game, I treated them like a buddy, and Pikachu is Ash's good friend/loyal companion. You never ever give that up, even if opportunity presented itself in a trade (remember Ash unloading Butterfree for the Raticate and how miserable he felt?) Ash releasing Pikachu is as bad as Paul releasing the Starly, it shows a callous mean natured side and it's like abandoning. It's like a knife that goes into your heart to just say goodbye like that. I could never release Pokemon like that for it's too sad. You never ditch your Pokemon as you are saying. I can understand a fan not liking something, but that's just meanness right there.

I remember that episode of Misty, adn then Brock leaving. I actually cried to see MIsty having to go. It was terrible. May though eventually became good, and I do like Dawn.
Lol, don't take it too seriously. Sarab just doesn't like Pikachu, that's all. XD

dusknoir
06-03-2007, 09:05 AM
My brother cried when we watched Bye-Bye Butterfree. It was quite sad.

Gotta Catch Ya Later was quite sad. I had already heard that Brock was returning in Hoenn then, so it wasn't as sad as possible. :happy:

dusknoir
06-03-2007, 09:07 AM
I also forgot. I did cry when Togepi, sorry, Togetic left Misty. :oops:

silverfrost
06-03-2007, 12:50 PM
Everyone's pretty much said these, but I thought Bye Bye Butterfree, Pikachu's Goodbye, and Gotta Catch Ya Later were the saddest.

SBaby
06-03-2007, 07:54 PM
I think the beginning of each Region is pretty sad. You know, where you realize that he's about to do the same stuff he just spent the last 100+ episodes on over again.

-Starly-
06-03-2007, 08:08 PM
I think the beginning of each Region is pretty sad. You know, where you realize that he's about to do the same stuff he just spent the last 100+ episodes on over again.
Yes, because having him OHKO everyone with Jukian or Lizardon makes great entertainment.

SBaby
06-03-2007, 08:12 PM
Yes, because having him OHKO everyone with Jukian or Lizardon makes great entertainment.

Why would he have to? Why don't the writers just come up with a different storyline for the new Region, instead of just having the same plot for the fourth time? THAT'S what's sad about it all.

-Starly-
06-03-2007, 08:21 PM
Why would he have to? Why don't the writers just come up with a different storyline for the new Region, instead of just having the same plot for the fourth time? THAT'S what's sad about it all.
Maybe because Satoshi and Pikachu are the figurehead of the entire animé, and taking them away will turn off many viewers? Plus starting off with a clean slate shows that Satoshi doesn't have to rely on his powerhouses to win every battle. And having to start off new isn't a storyline, it's a way for the saga to not be bland (see Jouto season).

SBaby
06-03-2007, 08:26 PM
Maybe because Satoshi and Pikachu are the figurehead of the entire animé, and taking them away will turn off many viewers? Plus starting off with a clean slate shows that Satoshi doesn't have to rely on his powerhouses to win every battle. And having to start off new isn't a storyline, it's a way for the saga to not be bland (see Jouto season).

I'm not talking about starting off with a clean slate. I don't care if Ash stays in the show or not. I'm talking about having him do something different. He's gotten the 8 Badges and entered the League three times already. It was cute at first, but now it's getting boring seeing the same thing over and over again.

Don't get me wrong. It has it's moments, but the show could be SO much better.

Anyway, as I said, it's just really sad when you realize it.

And yes, most people here are right. The first season episodes did tend to strike more emotional cords than later ones.

Skunktank Rulz
06-04-2007, 12:43 AM
bye bye butterfree. i used to cry everytime i saw it:boohoo:

Azumao
06-04-2007, 01:51 AM
Definitely the one where Pikachu was going to leave, and it had the whole flashback scene, and I was younger and more gullible. :(

And the one with Max and Ralts was pretty sad, too. It was ruined when Ralts said "You promised, Max" or whatever at the end, because I died laughing because it sounded so creepy. xD

Skunktank Rulz
06-04-2007, 02:22 AM
Yeah i cried when i watched that one too

Classified
06-04-2007, 02:29 AM
1. Pikachu's Goodbye.
2. Bye Bye Butterfree.
3. Charmander the stray Pokemon.

Them 3 made me quite sad. Can't really remember any others at the moment.

I agree all the way! Pikachu's Goodbye is the saddest one yet. The song was the saddest song I ever heard.

Silver Senmurv
06-04-2007, 03:13 AM
The episode that did it for me was "Fly me to the Moon," where the Pidgey wanted to fly as high as it could. It reminds me of a pet that flew away, and I sometimes refer to it as "The Quistis Episode." Dear ltttle Quistis... so much like that Pidgey. (Quistis is the bird that flew away.)

Firezofyou
06-15-2007, 07:33 PM
Basically the only episodes that were good were the sad ones.

1. When Team Rocket let go of Wheezing and Arbok. How is this NOT mentioned until now?
2. Ash releasing charizard.
3. The first movie

luckymudkip2455
06-15-2007, 07:38 PM
the saddest ep is when pikahu killed thr stanler

Diesel 34
06-15-2007, 08:22 PM
Pikachu never killed a Stantler.

luckymudkip2455
06-15-2007, 08:30 PM
lol den i mustve been drunk ooops

silverfrost
06-15-2007, 08:40 PM
Wow, I actually thought that that happened too. :think:

Seven
06-15-2007, 08:43 PM
I remember that episode too! It was kinda sad, especially when Stantler was losing consciousness and her children were gathering around her.

silverfrost
06-15-2007, 08:45 PM
Yeah, that's what I thought happened. :/ So, tell me, you guys, if Pikachu didn't kill Stantler in the episode during which it died, why was it holding a bloody knife afterwards?

luckymudkip2455
06-15-2007, 08:46 PM
in your face diesel! u guys are so cool thanks for spporting me. :)

sinnohdexdone
06-15-2007, 08:46 PM
iono what the eps are called
when ash says goodbye to pikachu
same with butterfree
the first movie(does that count?)
and when bulbasaur almost died from the rock when they were making pools in oaks lab

Professor Geoffrey
06-15-2007, 08:47 PM
The saddest episode ever was when Misty, Brock, and Ash split up. :cry:

LordZangoose
06-15-2007, 08:47 PM
in your face diesel! u guys are so cool thanks for spporting me. :)

Well. Somebody's gullible.

Seven
06-15-2007, 08:48 PM
Omg, do you rememebr the ep in which a Girafarig had HIV and had to be euthanized by sister Joy?
That was horrible...=[

luckymudkip2455
06-15-2007, 08:51 PM
Well. Somebody's gullible.

lol u cant spell gullable

Diesel 34
06-15-2007, 08:52 PM
You can't spell or act right so don't even bother saying on how they spell wrong.

PokePikachu
06-18-2007, 08:02 PM
I haven't seen many episodes, except I have seen all Season 1 Pokemon episodes, so I haven't seen much of the episodes you said above, but so far, I think Pikachu's Goodbye is the saddest. :sad: