PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Artist and Song!

Pokemon World Mazter
03-06-2004, 03:28 PM
Who is your favorite artist / song? My favorite artist is Michelle Branch. She rocks! I love all her songs and I have her latest Album, Hotel Paper. My favorite songs are: Breathe, Are you happy now, All you wanted, Everywhere, Goodbye to You, Til' I get over you, and all her albums :biggrin: What about you?

silverfrost
03-06-2004, 03:32 PM
I don't have a favorite artist or song actually... But I also like Michelle Branch. ^^ "All You Wanted" is the best, despite the fact that it's overplayed. ^^;

Pokemon World Mazter
03-06-2004, 03:50 PM
Yeah All You Wanted is a very good song. Michelle Branch's songs are always life-talking. Thats why I like all of them. Also, All You Wanted is a single from her album "The Spirit Room" and made her more popular.

silverfrost
03-06-2004, 04:37 PM
Yeah All You Wanted is a very good song. Michelle Branch's songs are always life-talking. Thats why I like all of them. Also, All You Wanted is a single from her album "The Spirit Room" and made her more popular.

Yep. ^_^ And she definitely deserves her popularity because she's a talented song writer.

Snake
03-06-2004, 06:19 PM
Eminem and 50 Cent is my favorite artist's

Why?
Because i love Rap/Hip Hop

Favorite Songs:
Eminem - Lose Yourself
Eminem - Cleaning Out Your Closet
50 Cent - In Da Club
50 Cent - P.I.M.P

Strawberry
03-07-2004, 01:41 AM
I don't have a favorite artist, either. But, if I had to choose some, I'd pick Nickleback and... Oh shoot... What's that song? Heh, it's the second song on their "The Long Road" CD... *Doesn't feel like getting the CD case*, Utada Hikaru (Deep River, Automatic (Johnny Vicious Remix), Paint it Black), tons of songs from Maroon 5, Linkin Park (Numb, Breaking the Habit, In the End, and practically all of their others), S.E.S (White Destiny), The Pillows (Ride on Shooting Star), V6 (Change the World), the Pretear theme, and the Ranma 1/2 fourth-season theme.

Shael
03-07-2004, 03:15 AM
I don't listen to much modern music, but...
Favorite Artist: BoA
Favorite Song: Sara (BoA)

Btw, that's assuming you don't count Beethoven as an artist, and Sonata Pathetique as a song =P

Kenny_C.002
03-07-2004, 03:33 AM
My fav. american artist by far is Michelle Branch. I loved all three of her albums (okay, broken bracelet was only sort of an album) and I loved her ways and songs. Added bonus, she's hot.
Fav songs from MB: All You wanted, Goodbye to You, Desperately, One of These Days, Leap of Faith (kinda...)

My fav. non-american artist is Koda Kumi. Don't ask me why she beats Dido from the throne. It just happened.
Fav song: 1000 words. Destroyed pretty much any other J-Pop song i've ever heard of.

And if you're asking which of the two I like better...most likely Michelle Branch lol.

plasmaball3000
03-07-2004, 11:46 AM
My favorite artist is Michelle Branch, and I really liked 'all you wanted' and 'breath'.

Seven
03-07-2004, 12:28 PM
My favourite artist is Britney Spears ^_^;;. I also listen to Evanescence a lot.
My favourite song is Dirrrty from Christina Aguilera.

Pokemon World Mazter
03-07-2004, 02:23 PM
Evanescence is a cool group. Im happy a lot of people like Michelle Branch. I also like Hilary Duff, specially "Come Clean" her latest single from her album "Metamorphosis"

Black Sabbath
03-07-2004, 02:47 PM
I'm into all the Metal sound that the world has to offer, along with some Grunge (Nirvana), so I'll post my favorites:

*Bodies by Drowning Pool
*Step Up by Drowning Pool
*Tear away by Drowning Pool

*Did My Time by KoRn
*Right Now by KoRn
*Y'all Want a Single by KoRn

*Master of Puppets by Metallica
*St. Anger by Metallica

*Come As You Are by Nirvana
*Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana

*Away From Me by Puddle of Mudd
*Blurry by Puddle of Mudd
*Control by Puddle of Mudd

*Guerilla Radio by Rage Against the Machine
*Killing in the Name by Rage Against the Machine
*Testify by Rage Against the Machine

*Dragula by Rob Zombie
*Never Gonna Stop by Rob Zombie

*I'm With Stupid by Static-X
*This is Not by Static-X

*Aerials by System of a Down
*Chop Suey by System of a Down
*Prison Song by System of a Down
*Toxicity by System of a Down

silverfrost
03-07-2004, 03:13 PM
I don't listen to much modern music, but...
Favorite Artist: BoA
Favorite Song: Sara (BoA)

Btw, that's assuming you don't count Beethoven as an artist, and Sonata Pathetique as a song =P

lol, I actually listen to classical music too. ^^; So you're not alone. =P

Alakazam
03-09-2004, 08:41 PM
My favorite song of all time: "In the End" - Linkin Park

I listen to varied types of music, but perfer rock (but NOT metal or classic rock), such as:

-Evanesence
-Linkin Park
-Hoobastank
-Creed
-Metallica (some of their stuff)

DarkMasterX
03-09-2004, 10:41 PM
I've got lots of favorite songs but I guess my all time favorite is "Yankee Rose" by David Lee Roth. But then again I change my favorite every couple of days.

Ferret
03-10-2004, 02:41 PM
Front Line Assembly. Oh yes.

Songs.. Umm....

Too many... If I had to pick:

Mindphaser.
Civilization.
Falling.
Everything Must Perish.
Mortal.
Retribution.
Hydrogen.

Oh there are a ton more I love, but I suppose they are my faves. :eh:

Sk8er
03-10-2004, 07:09 PM
I dont have a favourite band but busted would be at the top but my favourite fands are
Busted: ALL OF THERE SONGS
system of a down: chop suey
Linkin park:crawling, somewhere i belong, in the end and lots of others
Evanescance:nearly all of it
Good Charlotte:All of it
Korn:Wait and bleed
Nickelback:nearly all of thier songs
TATU:All the things she said, show me love, malchick gay(gay boy)
Britney
christina:dunno where she falls under
EMINEM: lose yourself if the best

Basically I like Rock and Raves music but i only like rave music sinse i came back of capetown because my cuzin took me to an under 18's rave and it was the best!

Animefan1291
03-17-2004, 01:53 AM
My favorites are Ludacris(Rollout/Yeah), Eminem(Slim Shady/My Band), Lil Jon(Bia Bia/Get Low), and a WHOLE lot more.

Mizu
03-19-2004, 03:11 AM
I like almost all music categories there is, except rap, which should be a bunch of bad poetry :evil:

My favorite band is M2M, It's just really good pop music, and theres dream theater, black eyed peas (R&B NOT RAP!), I really like Britney spears's new Cd, but...it's still 80% percent computerized...Nickelback rocks also, in classical I'll definitely choose Carl Orff, lets see...what else? OH YEAH! in the category general Pop (NOT pop) there's Kylie Minogue, and in techno we've got the cool Sophie Ellis Bextor! :dance:

Andreas
03-19-2004, 07:13 AM
I like
Evanescence [Going under, My immortal]
Christina Aguilera [The Voice within, Fighter]

Thats my favs i guess right now (",)

Tamer Marco
03-19-2004, 02:50 PM
I like Chingy and Nelly and I guess my favorite song in The Holiday In. I got the title wrong. ^^

LolJolteonMaster
03-19-2004, 03:25 PM
I love Rap, HipHop, and R&B. My favorite singers are:

1. Beyonce
2. Britney Spears
3. 50 Cent
4. Justin Timberlake (Who saw the superbowl half-time show? :naughty: )
5. Michelle Branch

Favorite Songs:

1. Crazy For Love by Beyonce
2. Baby Boy by Beyonce
3. Me, Myself, and I by Beyonce
4. In The Zone by Britney Spears
5. Breathe by Michelle Branch
6. P.I.M.P. by 50 Cent
7. F you right back by ???(I forgot her name :P)
8. Rock Your Body by Justin Timberlake

Evanna
03-20-2004, 06:36 AM
I like
Evanescence [Going under, My immortal]
Christina Aguilera [The Voice within, Fighter]

Thats my favs i guess right now (",)

You have excellent taste of music! Those two are my absolute favourites!
Evanescence : My immortal, Haunting, Hello
Christina Aguilera : Fighter, Can't Hold Us Down, Keep On Singing My Song
Third place: Coldplay : The Scientist, Clocks, and the last song on their cd ... oO;; Forgot the name, but it's beautiful

kirby9058
03-26-2004, 01:44 AM
Favorte group- maroon 5
fav song- "This Love" by maroon 5
i also like Linkin Park a lot though =P

Alakazam
03-26-2004, 05:58 PM
You have excellent taste of music! Those two are my absolute favourites!
Evanescence : My immortal, Haunting, Hello
Christina Aguilera : Fighter, Can't Hold Us Down, Keep On Singing My Song
Third place: Coldplay : The Scientist, Clocks, and the last song on their cd ... oO;; Forgot the name, but it's beautiful

Minus Coldplay I would have to agree! ^_^

Also, "Beautiful" and "Reflection" by Christina are great! :wink:

Kan
03-26-2004, 06:45 PM
2pac all the way...too many favorites of his to list. :cool:

KenshinU
04-12-2004, 05:44 AM
Hm... I like:

-Queens Of the Stone Age (Probably no one knows these guys because it's a band in LA... and they're not popular yet...)

-No Doubt

-BoA

-Ayumi Hamasaki

-Chevelle

-Linkin Park

-See Saw

-Evanescence

-Bush (I know, it's old... )

-Collective Soul

-The Pillows

-Offspring

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The songs that I'm currently in love with are:

Duvet - BoA

Dreams Come True - BoA

The Red - Chevelle

The World I Know - Collective Soul

In the End - Linkin Park (It was my favorite for a long time, and I still can't stop listening to it)

Evolution - Ayumi Amasaki

Seven
04-12-2004, 03:03 PM
Right now my favourite song is Red Blooded Woman by Kylie Minogue.

_DarkCharizard_
04-12-2004, 04:06 PM
Nirvana are my personal favourite. I love every one of their songs off all of their albums. My favourite individual song changes weekly but right now its "Polly" on Nevermind, with "Sliver" from Incesticide in a close second. I like everyone of their albums for different reasons. If you don't like Nirvana then I'd still advise you to listen to their MTV unplugged album, I guarantee you will love it and but Nevermind and In Utero, then you will like them more and more and buy their earlier heavier stuff on Incesticide and eventually Bleach. then you'll become a grunge-loving freak like me who loves louder-thanaverage music :biggrin:

And Queens of the Stone Age are highly popular, they probably have the most famous rock anthem of the last 2 years in No one Knows, I think they are actually one of the most well known alternative bands around today.

And to sk8r..... do you seriously like busted? no offence whatsoever, i dont mean to be insulting but they are kind of like a jokey wannabe-rock band for 7 year olds. (not to categorise all 7 year olds). They are really my pet hate, bands that think they are rock stars but dont actually play there own instruments at live shows are just cheap. I really shudnt be allowed because if you go to see a gig you dont go to listen to a song you have on a CD through really big speakers (at least i dont) You go for the chance to hear them without editing to admire their skill at live performing.

KenshinU
04-14-2004, 02:01 AM
And Queens of the Stone Age are highly popular, they probably have the most famous rock anthem of the last 2 years in No one Knows, I think they are actually one of the most well known alternative bands around today.

lol Really? Wow. ^_^

Whenever I ask someone about them, no one knows who they are, so that made me think that they were not popular...

It's funny how they were making fun of LA radio in The Songs For the Deaf... :biggrin: Like mexican channel, heh...

Chiki
04-20-2004, 10:53 PM
Favorite Song: (I LOVE THIS SONG)

Looking in your eyes, I see a paradise.
This world that I found is too good to be true.
Standing here beside you, I want so much to give you this love in my heart that im feeling for you
Let them say we're crazy.
I don't care about that.
Put your hand in my hand, baby, don't ever look back.
Let the world around us just fall apart.
Maybe we can make it if we're heart to heart.
And we can build this thing together, stand in stone forever, nothing's gonna stop us now.
And if this world runs out of lovers we'll still have eachother.
Nothing's gonna stop us, nothing's gonna stop us now.
I'm so glad I found you, I'm not gonna lose you, whatever it takes to stay here with you.
Take it too the good times, see it through the bad times.
Whatever it takes is what I'm gonna do.
Let them say we're crazy.
What do they know?
Put your arms around me, baby, don't ever let go.
Let the world around us just fall apart.
Baby, we can make it if we're heart to heart.
Oh, all that I need is you.
All that I ever need.
All that I want to do is hold you forever, forever and ever.

And we can build this thing together, stand in stone forever, nothing's gonna stop us now.

-Starting Line
Nothings Gonna Stop Us Now
BEST SONG EVER!

Finglonger
05-09-2004, 03:09 AM
alright

in rock we have queen, probably one of the best bands of all time, bohemian rhapsody was the first decent rock/opera medley save maybe styx or rolling stones, which are also great bands. But queen is my all time favorite. We also have kansas, so much time is put into each song, and the magnum opus trilogy was, save for a better word, a work of art..a song too long to go on one track heh. Speaking of long songs we have the infamous pink floyd, all songs interconnected..pure genius. lets see david bowie, moody blues, jefferson airplane(tripped out alice heh), think i already mentioned rolling stones, beatles, alice in chains, doobie brothers....

in ska we have goldfinger, reel big fish, suburban legends, voodoo glow skulls, saving ferris, big d and the kids...

and murray heads one night in bangkok

I'd say thats most of them woops just realized i forgot Led zepplin, REM, and emrson lake and palmer...my bad