PDA

View Full Version : An elite defeated?!

DarkGardevoir
02-24-2006, 04:16 PM
Today,wednesday the 24 of febraury 2006, ball has defeated tamer.
:clap: :clap:

Tamer San
02-24-2006, 04:18 PM
Yes, gratz ball, you "earned" it ^_^

DarkGardevoir
02-24-2006, 04:22 PM
Yes, gratz ball, you "earned" it ^_^
we'll say so...he would win anyway,but...
congratulation:susp:
also,tamer you need to pay off the items you used(an awakening and a full restor),just as ball need to pay his full restor

mlugia
02-24-2006, 04:26 PM
Pfft, Tamer, you let me down :o

Tamer San
02-24-2006, 06:43 PM
Well, let me see if you can battle with 5 asleep Pokemon :P

DarkGardevoir
02-24-2006, 06:45 PM
just a note,you didn't had 5 asleep mons
you had one ko'd,three asleep,and two mons that you could use

Tamer San
02-24-2006, 06:48 PM
Well, lying was fun :P

Anyway, yeah...3 sleeping is enough, my best 3 were sleeping as well ;)

mlugia
02-24-2006, 07:09 PM
pfft, I bet you can I :)

Well, maybe anyways XD

Lightning Pikachu
02-24-2006, 07:57 PM
Conngratz ball you beat tamer now you have to beat 3 more people.

MystiKal
02-24-2006, 08:34 PM
Ever heard of using sleep clause in your battles Tamer?

Tamer San
02-24-2006, 08:35 PM
Not really...

I never excpected to battle a sleep hoe ._.

Kenny_C.002
02-24-2006, 10:10 PM
Not really...

I never excpected to battle a sleep hoe ._.
Even so Tamer. It's almost garanteed that you should have a sleep/freeze clause. Granted with freeze is taking it a bit far. lol

boltAge
02-25-2006, 01:43 AM
Why the hell isn't Sleep/Freeze clause compulsory in an Elite battle?

You know, pardon my frankness, but it's because of people like ball that we need to have this kind of rules. Since when did we ever need a Sleep clause in the URPG?

Loyal Arcanine
02-25-2006, 01:51 AM
Why the hell isn't Sleep/Freeze clause compulsory in an Elite battle?

You know, pardon my frankness, but it's because of people like ball that we need to have this kind of rules. Since when did we ever need a Sleep clause in the URPG?
Lol, when I read this I like how Tamer said during the battle ...

No wonder people like Raik complain about how the URPG is now ... it's because of how people like you battle, Ball

Rhauk
02-25-2006, 03:29 AM
Safeguard or a Heal Bell Miltank, anyone?
Heh, well done Ball.

boltAge
02-25-2006, 03:44 AM
You apparently don't know what is sleep whoring. That includes putting your cow to sleep too.

Pidgeot79
02-25-2006, 05:42 AM
Conngratz ball you beat tamer now you have to beat 3 more people.

O RLY?

Good job ball. I always believed in you. Can I be your groupie now? To all those ball bashers:

Tamer should of chosen Sleep Clause. He didn't and ball adapted to this and took full advantage of it. Tamer could of done the same thing, but he, being the rule maker and all, should of just put in sleep clause in the first place to just stop the sleep abusing and have an exciting match. Don't hate me Tamer. >.<

ball
02-25-2006, 06:36 AM
Well, thanks to those people who doesent make me feel guilty for using sleep moves. And pidge, the position is open:tongue: .

boltAge
02-25-2006, 07:09 AM
O RLY?

Good job ball. I always believed in you. Can I be your groupie now? To all those ball bashers:

Tamer should of chosen Sleep Clause. He didn't and ball adapted to this and took full advantage of it. Tamer could of done the same thing, but he, being the rule maker and all, should of just put in sleep clause in the first place to just stop the sleep abusing and have an exciting match. Don't hate me Tamer. >.<
You have no knowledge in competitive battling. You don't speak.

ball won fair and square, but I'll leave it to the rest of you how respectable of a win it was. There are some things more important than winning.

Tamer San
02-25-2006, 07:15 AM

ball won fair and square, but I'll leave it to the rest of you how respectable of a win it was. There are some things more important than winning.

I am glad someone understands me in this place...:rolleyes:

King Zark
02-25-2006, 12:11 PM
Lowering acc could lessen the chance of you sleeping. Pokeflute?

mlugia
02-25-2006, 12:18 PM
Tamer used Pokeflute! Something woke up!
Ball used super effective move! It's super effective! Something fainted!

Items or not...

boltAge
02-25-2006, 12:19 PM
Lowering acc could lessen the chance of you sleeping. Pokeflute?
And what if the sleeping move still hits? You can't depend on Accuracy to counter Sleep.

As for Pokeflute, see mana's example.

Pika57
02-25-2006, 12:24 PM

You insult the pidge, you get the beak....

boltAge
02-25-2006, 12:28 PM
...kid, we're trying to have a serious discussion here, kay.

Ierdar
02-26-2006, 02:16 AM
Raik, stop your ********. Just because you're asian doesn't mean you're all knowing so shut up. >_>

Grats Ball. =P

Pidgeot79
02-26-2006, 03:04 AM

I find this offensive. I'm a ref and I NetBattle quite frequently. I know how the game works, don't tell me I have no knowledge in competitive battling. Ask Alex (non-British), VT, Khold, infested, Fing, or anyone else who knows me, they will know I'm quite decent.

boltAge
02-26-2006, 03:06 AM
Netbattling and being good at it is a pretty big difference...

Finglonger
02-26-2006, 03:06 AM
yeah..raik, he knows what hes talking about....

anyways I find that most decent people will limit their sleep moves to one, maybe two if they find themselves in a sticky situation....but I guess there are some people who dont care...congratulations on whoring tamer.. ball..

boltAge
02-26-2006, 03:15 AM
Well, I'm sorry, his post was of no meaning contribution and it would be easy to assume he wasn't too experienced in competitive battling. Of course we all god damn well know Sleep Clause wasn't enforced in this battle, but if you take advantage of that and win, you're not respectable.

If anyone is for it, we can reopen the Trainer's Court case so we can have a more on-topic discussion there. And also now that people have seen the effects of gay sleep whoring.

Ierdar
02-26-2006, 03:24 AM
Well, I'm sorry, his post was of no meaning contribution and it would be easy to assume he wasn't too experienced in competitive battling. Of course we all god damn well know Sleep Clause wasn't enforced in this battle, but if you take advantage of that and win, you're not respectable.

If anyone is for it, we can reopen the Trainer's Court case so we can have a more on-topic discussion there. And also now that people have seen the effects of gay sleep whoring.
First off, no one likes ball. Second, no one cares what you have to say. Just shut up. =\

boltAge
02-26-2006, 03:26 AM
First off, no one likes ball. Second, no one cares what you have to say. Just shut up. =\
Try harder next time.

Ierdar
02-26-2006, 03:27 AM
Try harder next time.
I'll obviously need to since you aren't shutting up yet. >_> You've carried on your damn ranting to almost two pages. No one cares anymore. Stop your ******** about sleep whoring.

boltAge
02-26-2006, 03:28 AM
Everybody's trying to have a serious discussion here, okay, so please keep to that.

mlugia
02-26-2006, 04:12 AM
Ok guys, how's this:

POKEMON IS SERIOUS BUSINESS

End of discussion.

Finglonger
02-26-2006, 04:12 AM
you are serious business...im my pantaloons

Manjoume Jun
02-26-2006, 05:19 AM
I don't mean to seem rude in regards to leaving a comment of mine relating to a situation to which I have little knowledge of, I just wish to express my opinions...

Basically, 'tis up to the trainers involved to decide which rules are gonna' be enforced, and so if the 'sleep clause' isn't gonna' be utilised, then that's entirely up to whoever it is that has to decide.

Although due to the importance of the battle being discussed, I have to agree with Raik in regards to the true validity of this victory, as surely such an important battle would naturally ensure that such rules are enforced more strictly, otherwise this is simply a case of carelessness, >_<

Please don't bite my head off if I'm saying anything which may be seen as kinda' stupid, ^_^;;

Magare
02-26-2006, 06:38 AM
Why in the world are you ranting to ball?

Tamer was the one setting the rules and could have used the sleep clause. Mostly, battles are done without it, but an elite has an option to set it...

Did Tamer set the rules? Yes

Did ball fight by those rules? Yes

Did ball win on tamers terms? Yes

All I have to say is, congratulations ball!

boltAge
02-26-2006, 06:46 AM

.AzureLight
02-26-2006, 08:52 PM
Yes, congrats ball. You deserve that win!

In case you don't realise... Sleep-whoring is one of the best strategies to use.

It's like Magare said:

Did Tamer set the rules? Yes

Did ball fight by those rules? Yes

Did ball win on tamers terms? Yes

mlugia
02-27-2006, 01:27 AM
Yes, congrats ball. You deserve that win!

In case you don't realise... Sleep-whoring is one of the best strategies to use.

It's like Magare said:
Best strategy isn't necessarily the most efficient strategy...

Like, for example, the most efficient way to win a war is to drop a nuke. USA did it.

Oh geez, we decided never to do that one again. Wonder why.

(Not to take away from ball's victory, since Tamer set the rules, it's Tamer's fault. :p)

HKim
02-27-2006, 01:31 AM
Congratulations Ball. You battled well.

At this rate, you'll be the first person to defeat the Elite 4 since Figgy.

Kenny_C.002
02-27-2006, 01:32 AM
Best strategy isn't necessarily the most efficient strategy...

Like, for example, the most efficient way to win a war is to drop a nuke. USA did it.

Oh geez, we decided never to do that one again. Wonder why.

(Not to take away from ball's victory, since Tamer set the rules, it's Tamer's fault. :p)
As I said the first time, Tamer should have done the sleep clause. -.-

boltAge
02-27-2006, 08:52 AM
As I said the first time, Tamer should have done the sleep clause. -.-
They have never, ever used a sleep clause in the URPG. It's only natural Tamer didn't see the need for it.

Magare
02-27-2006, 06:47 PM
Correction, it was used by Marth and me.....

There wasnt need with anyone else...

.AzureLight
02-27-2006, 08:38 PM
Look. Ball won, that's it. **** the fact if he sleep whored or not, HE STILL WON. It's something that you see happen every day and there's ABSOLUTLY NO reason to blame ball for being cheap or whatnot. :mad:

Tamer San
02-27-2006, 08:43 PM
Take it easy Lan boy, lol. I haven't even posted in this thread and it is my battle XD

Lan won fair and square and earned the win, the cheapest ways could be the only ways sometimes to achieve victory. We are an RPG that is about Pokemon, and if you look at Pokemon games or anime you'll see people who abuse the use of Pokemon JUST to win and that was never cheating or unfair. Ball earned this match so all of you just stfu. Congratz ball on the win, I hope you manage to beat your next Elite 4 member...

.AzureLight
02-27-2006, 08:45 PM
Lan won fair and square and earned the win, the cheapest ways could be the only ways sometimes to achieve victory. We are an RPG that is about Pokemon, and if you look at Pokemon games or anime you'll see people who abuse the use of Pokemon JUST to win and that was never cheating or unfair. Ball earned this match so all of you just stfu. Congratz ball on the win, I hope you manage to beat your next Elite 4 member...
You mean ball.

And actually, I did what I did in defence of ball, as on AIM he said that everyone is complaining that he won. And yeah. :oops:

Tamer San
02-27-2006, 08:51 PM
Yeah I ment ball, at first I was annoyed of the way he played, because it was funless and cheap, but now I understood that it is fair to play the way you want, and it is fun to find a way to counter it, he gave me something to do, which is to learn how to counter sleep whores, and for that I thank him.

Raik, me and Jack refused on Sleep Clauses a while ago if you remember, and I still refuse, this ain't NB, this is URPG.

ball
02-27-2006, 08:56 PM
Good, finally you understood what I told you tamer. Though, I wont be chalanging the next elite that soon.

MystiKal
02-27-2006, 09:55 PM
If their's no sleep clause the people out that that ***** sleep will never get to battle anyone because people will be smart and just not battle them.

DaRkUmBrEoN
02-27-2006, 09:56 PM
Yeah I ment ball, at first I was annoyed of the way he played, because it was funless and cheap, but now I understood that it is fair to play the way you want, and it is fun to find a way to counter it, he gave me something to do, which is to learn how to counter sleep whores, and for that I thank him.

Snore, Sleep Talk, etc? Or is that too obvious?

MystiKal
02-27-2006, 10:01 PM
Snore, Sleep Talk, etc? Or is that too obvious?
The only Pokemon who can KO anything with Snore is Snorlax. =/

DaRkUmBrEoN
02-27-2006, 10:02 PM
Hmmm... Maybe I should get a Snorelax.

mlugia
02-27-2006, 10:16 PM
Hmmm... Maybe I should get a Snorelax.
The only thing a Snore-lax can KO is a Lv 1 Paras.

flareon008
02-27-2006, 11:53 PM
Congrats :)

boltAge
02-28-2006, 12:52 PM

Raik, me and Jack refused on Sleep Clauses a while ago if you remember, and I still refuse, this ain't NB, this is URPG.
How is this an arguement? Just because Netbattle has a feature means we cannot have it? This has nothing to do with using ideas from Netbattle for your information, Sleep Clause was only brought up when Sleep became an issue in the URPG. Not because we decide to rip Netbattle off shamelessly for no reason.

Come on, why don't you tell me how you're going to counter sleep whores? The point is there is no real way to counter a sleep ***** unless you dedicate a whole team to him. I could probably get 6 Hypno's and rip apart a sleep *****, but is that really what I want to do? If there was such a great counter to sleep whores, then there would be no need for Sleep Clause in competitive battling. And no, don't bring up the 'We are not Netbattle' issue, this is about competitive battling and not just Netbattle alone.

Dark Umbreon, Snore is an utterly pathetic move. 40 Base Power, you'll have to use it 2.5 times to reach the power of a Frustration/Return. Any decent sleep whores would destroy you when you're sleeping. Sleep Talk is useless in the URPG, since it randomises from all your moves, and you know every Pokemon's bound to have some kind of Leer or Growl in their movepool.

And Lan, that's not what you said on AIM ;-) Way to go to change your pespective.

DarkGardevoir
02-28-2006, 04:30 PM
How is this an arguement? Just because Netbattle has a feature means we cannot have it? This has nothing to do with using ideas from Netbattle for your information, Sleep Clause was only brought up when Sleep became an issue in the URPG. Not because we decide to rip Netbattle off shamelessly for no reason.

Come on, why don't you tell me how you're going to counter sleep whores? The point is there is no real way to counter a sleep ***** unless you dedicate a whole team to him. I could probably get 6 Hypno's and rip apart a sleep *****, but is that really what I want to do? If there was such a great counter to sleep whores, then there would be no need for Sleep Clause in competitive battling. And no, don't bring up the 'We are not Netbattle' issue, this is about competitive battling and not just Netbattle alone.

Dark Umbreon, Snore is an utterly pathetic move. 40 Base Power, you'll have to use it 2.5 times to reach the power of a Frustration/Return. Any decent sleep whores would destroy you when you're sleeping. Sleep Talk is useless in the URPG, since it randomises from all your moves, and you know every Pokemon's bound to have some kind of Leer or Growl in their movepool.

And Lan, that's not what you said on AIM ;-) Way to go to change your pespective.
the way to counter a sleep *****? SUBSTITUTE!

Or safeguard.With something faster,you'll avoid the sleep ***** certainly.

Your mon can't get substitute or safeguard?

Your problem,raik. Get a BP vaporeon,for example,when he use his ninjask,then baton pass to your sweeper with sub and ko his *****.

Is it so difficult?

Loyal Arcanine
02-28-2006, 05:20 PM

Your problem,raik. Get a BP vaporeon,for example,when he use his ninjask,then baton pass to your sweeper with sub and ko his *****.

Is it so difficult?
Please provide something useful for the debate. I was satisfied with the option of a sleep clause till now, but Raik's debate has got me thinking.

Speaking of Baton Pass, you will be crying when I pass speed to Breloom and Spore you to sleep/dead.

mlugia
02-28-2006, 05:25 PM

Is it so difficult?
Brilliant, let's make everyone have a staple 3/6 of their team preset because there's no way around it. Even so, you're not even guarenteed a 100% chance of preventing it. Vaporeon? What if I start with Jynx? Lovely kiss, done. Mean look, perish song, protect, dream eater, switch to another Jynx. Rinse, repeat.

Good luck with that Vaporeon there.

There's a reason Sleep clause exists in NB, GS/RSBots, NINTENDO TOURNAMENTS. They want creativity in team building, not the same 6 pieces of crap over and over. And even with sleep clause, we find that there's at most 30 pokemon that are staple on every team. Can you imagine if it was off? There goes half those usable pokemon because of the need to counter sleep.

URPG has sleep as even more powerful than in real link battling, as raik said. Sleep talk is no longer an option, Snore sucks more dick than paris hilton, and your best bet, Substitute, can easily be broken by... well... Anything? Fast subbers? Aerodactyl? (lol water attacks) Alakazam? I'll give you that, not that it's really an option for everyone. Jolteon? lol quake. Trode?Quake some more. etc. etc.

When it comes down to it, sleep has maybe 1 or 2 counters in the URPG, neither of which are 100% efficient. There is no surefire way to counter sleep. You can argue all you want that Hypno is a sleep counter, but what if I take out Hypno? Have another 5 on ya to counter my 5 sleepers? That's the real problem.

.AzureLight
02-28-2006, 10:21 PM
I do that alot. :neutral:

But yeah, I think sleep clause should be optional on battles. So if you are too scared, you can put it in the battle. :rolleyes:

Loyal Arcanine
02-28-2006, 10:27 PM
But yeah, I think sleep clause should be optional on battles. So if you are too scared, you can put it in the battle. :rolleyes:
That's already the case. :rolleyes:

.AzureLight
02-28-2006, 10:28 PM
That's already the case. :rolleyes:
Well... then wtf are we complaining about. :confused:

mlugia
02-28-2006, 11:38 PM
Well... then wtf are we complaining about. :confused:
Raik wants it Mandatory.

IMHO it should be optional with exception to Gym/Elite battles, where it should be mandatory. Unless otherwise stated by the gym/elite defender.

Pidgeot79
03-01-2006, 12:07 AM
Isn't URPG supposed to be as close to the game as possible? This means sleep clause shouldn't be default.

pkmn trainer Vincent
03-01-2006, 12:28 AM

Hahaha! thast why my best pkmn is so good lol withdraw and attack lol!

anyways nice try....:confused:

Pidgeot79
03-01-2006, 12:38 AM
Hahaha! thast why my best pkmn is so good lol withdraw and attack lol!

anyways nice try....:confused:

Lol indeed, lol indeed. Good idea, too.

Rhauk
03-01-2006, 01:49 AM
Isn't URPG supposed to be as close to the game as possible? This means sleep clause shouldn't be default.
Yes, it has to be as closest to the game as possible, but in the game you are limited to four moves, and in the URPG you are not, which kinda unbalances the system.

flareon008
03-02-2006, 02:21 AM
Yes, it has to be as closest to the game as possible
Wrong.
Ultra has never followed all the rules as closest as it could be.

Tamer San
03-02-2006, 04:00 PM
URPG was more close to Pokemon logic, which means that a Pokemon can learn as much as he can from attacks and skills, yet, there must be some way to battle in a good way, this is why URPG started to use the Reffing Forumla and stats, Figgy braught the formula as I recall, and before it there was no reffing? (Not sure lol). The URPG was never close to anything but logic...in a Pokemon sense of way.

mlugia
03-02-2006, 04:03 PM
Sleep clause iirc is defaulted on Stadium 2 and beyond? :s

Jack of Clovers
03-17-2006, 05:55 AM
...this is why URPG started to use the Reffing Forumla and stats, Figgy braught the formula as I recall, and before it there was no reffing? (Not sure lol).
There was reffing. We looked at the stats and guessed the damage... no calculating. Like if Charmander/Flamthrower vs Bulbasaur, I'd guess 4/10 health. Tada, old school reffing. :hungry:

Anyway, congrats to Ball regardless of all the discussion that has taken place in this thread.

~Jack~