PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Should they have kept misty got rid of Max and may and make a new character?

Pokemon_Dude2006
02-27-2006, 11:04 PM
I think they should have!

AshMistyMayfan
03-01-2006, 04:14 AM
I did think at first in seeing May that she was not a good character, but she made me like her. I do miss Misty and think she should've been kept on Pokemon. I don't see what would be wrong if you had May, Max, Misty, Brock, and Ash on the same journey.

They did have Pokemon Chronicles with episodes of Misty in it, but they didn't seem to last. And they weren't featured in America either. IT's kind of like a mini movie or a special written within the show that would have an ending in 30 minutes rather then say to be continued.

When and if Pokemon ends, I want to see Ash reunited with Misty as they both embrace.

Sceptile Frost
03-04-2006, 12:30 PM
I don't see what would be wrong if you had May, Max, Misty, Brock, and Ash on the same journey.

Well, Max will be able to be a trainer in, oh, say two years. He'll probably be a pokemon master, just like Ash, and just like his dad was. So he probably won't be with Ash, unless the stupid writers make him to races with pokemon or something.
Brock seems to just follow Ash, sorta' like a father he never had. So he'll probably never leave.
May and Misty... ooh, that would get interesting. That would be, like the end when we find out if Ash likes May or Misty more.
Ironically, Ash would probably think they were angry at eachother because May's Beautifly scared Misty or something like that...

Two girls have never been with Ash for a long time together, have they?

Satoshi
03-04-2006, 10:52 PM
No. Although I liked Kasumi, I thought her character was getting boring and disappearing during Jouto. She used to have such a fiery personality, but in Jouto, she was reduced to a cheerleader sitting in the sidelines, cheering for Satoshi and didn't really do anything important. Same thing could be said with Takeshi, although the japanese producers don't want to risk doing what got the fans mad back in the Orange Islands.

Haruka, on the other hand, really does do somethjing that we can enjoy and watch. her contests. She really did add on to the plot of the show, unlike what Kasumi did in Jouto. Masato is there because Haruka and Satoshi need someone to look up to them. he also fills in the gap of what haruka replaced Kasumi. Haruka replaced Kausmi as the female token, Masato replaced Kasumi as the sarcasm token.

If they made a new character and kept Kasumi, then Kasumi's character would rot in the background.

Now all we need is for someone to replace Takeshi...

Pika57
03-04-2006, 11:38 PM
No. Although I liked Kasumi, I thought her character was getting boring and disappearing during Jouto. She used to have such a fiery personality, but in Jouto, she was reduced to a cheerleader sitting in the sidelines, cheering for Satoshi and didn't really do anything important. Same thing could be said with Takeshi, although the japanese producers don't want to risk doing what got the fans mad back in the Orange Islands.

Haruka, on the other hand, really does do somethjing that we can enjoy and watch. her contests. She really did add on to the plot of the show, unlike what Kasumi did in Jouto. Masato is there because Haruka and Satoshi need someone to look up to them. he also fills in the gap of what haruka replaced Kasumi. Haruka replaced Kausmi as the female token, Masato replaced Kasumi as the sarcasm token.

If they made a new character and kept Kasumi, then Kasumi's character would rot in the background.

Now all we need is for someone to replace Takeshi...

*rights down Brocks Japanese Name

You make some good points... though i would have likd to have seen some romance between Ash and Misty.

Odd Fact: If you attempt to translate Brocks Japanese name from Katana, google reads it as Bamboo Ti o_o

Pokemon Trainer Sarah
03-05-2006, 12:36 AM
*rights down Brocks Japanese Name

You make some good points... though i would have likd to have seen some romance between Ash and Misty.

Odd Fact: If you attempt to translate Brocks Japanese name from Katana, google reads it as Bamboo Ti o_o
Lol!

Well anyway, I still think they can bring back Misty and change her character back to the old Misty rather than the Johto one. They probably could have gotten Misty to do contests...maybe ^^;

Satoshi
03-05-2006, 12:43 AM
Well anyway, I still think they can bring back Misty and change her character back to the old Misty rather than the Johto one.
Too bad the writers weren't smart enough to do that in the first place. ^^; Plus, they'd have to throw away all the character developing that they gave Kasumi. Togepi turned her into a motherly figure and all throughout Jouto she was calm and quiet. Bringing back the old Kasumi would result into major plotholes. Even though that's what most of us want: the old Kasumi back.
They probably could have gotten Misty to do contests...maybe ^^;
But that would've strayed away from the games. It makes more sense for the female of R/S to do contests. They already established Kasumi's dream as being a expert water trainer (as she was a water gym leader in the games). Doing that would be sort of OOC.

Pika57
03-05-2006, 01:12 AM
Too bad the writers weren't smart enough to do that in the first place. ^^; Plus, they'd have to throw away all the character developing that they gave Kasumi. Togepi turned her into a motherly figure and all throughout Jouto she was calm and quiet. Bringing back the old Kasumi would result into major plotholes. Even though that's what most of us want: the old Kasumi back.

But that would've strayed away from the games. It makes more sense for the female of R/S to do contests. They already established Kasumi's dream as being a expert water trainer (as she was a water gym leader in the games). Doing that would be sort of OOC.

She could digress... Togepi left... oh yeah.. .they gave her an azurill i forgot... darn...

Pokemon Trainer Sarah
03-05-2006, 01:28 AM

I know, but the Anime does stray from the games anyway. Oh well, I know you're right, I just want Misty back. I'm sure they could fix her character if the wanted to =P

Ultima Shadow
03-05-2006, 07:32 AM
I personally think May made a fine addition to the show... but not Max. In my fanfic, he joins Team Aqua and leaves the group. I can see Ash, Misty, Brock and May travelling together.

Sceptile Frost
03-05-2006, 04:06 PM
I personally think May made a fine addition to the show... but not Max. In my fanfic, he joins Team Aqua and leaves the group. I can see Ash, Misty, Brock and May travelling together.

Max would have to be affected by something pretty major to join Team Aqua. I don't think he'll really want to leave his sister.

It seems like the anime has to have new main characters for every new region. Orange- Tracey, Hoenn- May, Max and later Tetsuya and Masamune. So, its rather unlikely that Ash, Misty, May, and Brock would travel together. It just seems too big.

AshMistyMayfan
03-08-2006, 04:56 AM
Max is a great guy, why get rid of him for? He's like the Professor on these journies and has to drag Brock by his ear to keep him out of mischief with Jenny/Joy.

I thought of putting Magma and Aqua in my stories, but they didn't pan out as serious villains.

Ultima Shadow
03-08-2006, 08:34 AM
Max just irritates me for some reason.

<fanfic> Oh, and Max is brainwashed into becoming an Aqua- they basically tell him that his sister and family don't care about him, and feed him false stories until they actually get through him. It's a pretty intense battle between him and May. </fanfic>

DragoniteMistress
03-30-2006, 12:23 AM
They probably just thought of it being a new region so they decided to add new characters I guess... Anyway, it would have been a good idea for Misty to do contests. Was it me or did the look of a new region (Hoenn) have more of an impact on Pokemon than the new Johto region??

Sceptile Frost
04-03-2006, 11:17 PM
They probably just thought of it being a new region so they decided to add new characters I guess... Anyway, it would have been a good idea for Misty to do contests. Was it me or did the look of a new region (Hoenn) have more of an impact on Pokemon than the new Johto region??

Johto was connected to Kanto, Hoenn isn't. In GSC, you can travel to Kanto, you can't in Hoenn. Hoenn has a whole different feel from Johto and Kanto, a bigger, newer feel. It also has contests.

And the fact that they got rid of Misty and got new characters, as well as new villians, as well as new rivals... Yeah, thats a lot of differences. If I remember right, in Johto Ash had Gary as a rival just like in Kanto. So really Johto and Kanto are rather similar, both in design and in the anime adventures, while Hoenn is much different. That could be why it has such a big impact.

Blue Thunder
04-04-2006, 11:35 AM
I reckon they should of got rid of max
i mean its about pokemon exept it has a person thats never had one

Espeon Rinage
04-04-2006, 11:37 AM
They should have kept Misty, she was great fun, unlike max/may

poochyena girl
04-04-2006, 03:53 PM
I don't really care about Misty, I like May and Max better anyway.:neutral:

InvertrevnI
04-04-2006, 10:53 PM
They should have kept Misty, she was great fun, unlike max/may
Agreed, misty is way a better charecter.

!CeMAn
04-05-2006, 10:56 PM
I don't care who Max is and from what i've heard May is an annoying lil bird so fart yes they should have kept Misty. She could carry the entire show if you ask me. In fact, you could rename the show "MiSTYMON" and it would get better by at least 10 powers. Just Misty, a Starmie and a talking VW Bug- There's your show.

poochyena girl
04-06-2006, 08:09 PM
Oh come on, you have to admit misty was annoying. I don't agree with you one bit!:mad:

!CeMAn
04-06-2006, 10:09 PM
Misty's goddess- like beauty overshadowed anything annoying about her.

poochyena girl
04-07-2006, 06:15 AM
I can't believe you like misty that much. To be honest with you I pretty much to hate her.:tongue:

RouteMaster
04-07-2006, 02:22 PM
I can't believe you like misty that much. To be honest with you I pretty much to hate her.:tongue:
I find misty tedious too, if youve read the reviews on her pokemon chronicles episode i think shes much better left a gym leader. Max is a really patheic character though.

poochyena girl
04-07-2006, 04:20 PM
What's so pathetic about him?

RouteMaster
04-07-2006, 08:36 PM
What's so pathetic about him?
1) he has no pokemon
2) he seems to hero worship anyone who does
3) he doesnt seem to have any role
- personally i just don't like him

!CeMAn
04-08-2006, 01:21 AM
MiStY RoX, nuff said. You have no argument. Why not just say it??

She was integral to the original Kanto journeys. There could easily have been a Ash/ Misty scenario...

SHUDDAP!! Misty is FUN.

sonano
04-08-2006, 04:43 PM
misty is deffinately best, Ash,Misty,Brock and Tracy. who likes max and may?

although we all know that jessie and james rock harder than the rest put together!

poochyena girl
04-08-2006, 09:34 PM
I can't believe I'm the only one who thinks May is better. I HATE MISTY!

Zenaku
04-09-2006, 12:47 AM
Let's have a little objectional look at the series shall we?

Let's see... When Takeshi (Brock) was replaced with Kenji (Tracey), Japanese and English fans were in an uproar. Kenji is one of the least liked characters (Although I personally didn't mind him too much), which is why they dumped him with Oak and brought back Takeshi.

When Kasumi (Misty) left the show and was replaced with Haruka (May) there was no such uproar. In fact, many Japanese fans preferred Haruka, as did quite a few English fans. As such, the writers found no need to write her out of the main story.

Technically, this means the majority fans oppinion is that Haruka > Kasumi, and Haruka would be more successful if the writers decided to make either one the main star of the show in Satoshi's place. I, of course, much prefer Haruka. Hopefully the writers won't decide to drop her and bring in one of the player characters from Diamond or Pearl when they're released.

Oh, by the way Pika, don't bother translating names via Katakana. They tend to be named after people in the Japanese version. For example, Satoshi is named after the creator, Satoshi Tajiri, while Shigeru (Gary) is named after Shigeru Miyamoto, creator of Mario, Zelda, and other series.

poochyena girl
04-09-2006, 11:55 AM
Well I sure hope they don't write may out of the show.

RouteMaster
04-09-2006, 08:47 PM
Absolutely, I like May, but I also like Misty and Tracey. Different characters give us change and varied story lines, Misty is still featured in 'Pokemon Chronicles' (although I realise this is not widely shown.), so I too hope she isn't written out.

silverfrost
04-09-2006, 10:31 PM
I always liked Misty. She's awesome. They shouldn't have gotten rid of her. :[

Pokemon_Dude2006
04-10-2006, 07:55 PM
Wow has it been a long time since I posted anything on this site!:eek: I wish Misty and Tracey could be in the new season!:biggrin:

poochyena girl
04-10-2006, 07:56 PM
Tracey was a bit boring.

Pokemon_Dude2006
04-10-2006, 08:01 PM
Tracey was a bit boring.

Yeah I forgot that!:oops:
Well at least Misty should be! :happy:

RouteMaster
04-11-2006, 10:41 AM
I wish they had let Brock keep his Onix, Crobat, etc; so its not always Ash who saves the day.

poochyena girl
04-11-2006, 10:44 AM
I'm not bothered about brock's other pokemon but I wish he could of kept his onix and vulpix.

RouteMaster
04-11-2006, 08:15 PM
Onix and Vulpix were the best, I think his new pokemon Lombre and Marshtomp aren't all that exciting. Of all the 'other' trainers' pokemon I think Misty's were best.