PDA

View Full Version : Hey!

Snow Fairy Sugar
03-02-2006, 12:21 PM
Hey listen,i was just googling through pokemon sites & i found there that May of Pokemon Advanced was fifteen and Ash was 15.
Interesting huh?
I'll post the link as i don't remember the site's name soon...

Sceptile Frost
03-02-2006, 12:48 PM
That might not be the right figuring though. Even though May looks fifteen...

But, personally, I think Ash is currently 13, 1 year for Kanto, 1/2 for Orange Islands, 1 for Johto.

And the anime sorta' has the pattern of having people start out at ten, so I'd say May is ten.

Husnain
03-02-2006, 01:35 PM
Look over here May is 10 and Ash is also 10
May (http://pokedream.com/anime/characters/may/index.php)
and
Ash (http://pokedream.com/anime/characters/ash/index.php)

miyoun
03-02-2006, 02:12 PM
Ash is 14 in Hoenn. And May is 10.

Neo Emolga
03-02-2006, 02:33 PM
The age really doesn't matter... :P

If it did, Mickey Mouse would be dead from old age and Charlie Brown would be an old crank. Cartoon characters never really "age," so to speak...

mlugia
03-02-2006, 03:01 PM
Ash and Misty > Ash and May :(

Alonso
03-02-2006, 04:59 PM
The age really doesn't matter... :P

If it did, Mickey Mouse would be dead from old age and Charlie Brown would be an old crank. Cartoon characters never really "age," so to speak...
Very true. But somewhere in the show it did say May was 10 so that's that.:happy:

jynx
03-02-2006, 07:17 PM
Very true. But somewhere in the show it did say May was 10 so that's that.:happy:
Nintendo's official reply is that Ash is ageless...

But if you are on the Pokemon Manga---Pokemon Special, then they have exact ages.

Sceptile Frost
03-02-2006, 08:12 PM
and

As for that source, it said that May got a Torchic from Prof. Birch at the beginning of Master Quest.

It doesn't seem that Pokedream really has updated their character bios.
Cause I'm pretty sure that all the pics of Ash are from Indigo.

But May is probably ten.

EDIT: Shouldn't this be in the Anime section?

sonano
03-02-2006, 09:57 PM
cartoon characters don't have age, lisa simpson's been eight for the last 15 years despite having TWO birthdays!

Cris
03-02-2006, 10:17 PM
cartoon characters don't have age, lisa simpson's been eight for the last 15 years despite having TWO birthdays!Same as Bart, Timmy Turner, an other tvshows caracters.All pokemon caracters are ageless.

pkmn trainer Vincent
03-02-2006, 10:42 PM
Hey listen,i was just googling through pokemon sites & i found there that May of Pokemon Advanced was fifteen and Ash was 15.
Interesting huh?
I'll post the link as i don't remember the site's name soon...

Heh sounds to me like it's ashes licky day! rofl

DookieMan
03-03-2006, 03:15 PM
Only 10!?!? I'm 12 and she looks twice my age!!!!!

Katera
03-03-2006, 04:25 PM
Heh sounds to me like it's ashes licky day! rofl
That's just sick. Lickly day.. Vincent, that's not even funny. >:( Damn perverts. >_> (No more typo's kiddo!)

Basically what so many people have already said. Drawings cannot age, only the paper they're on. Cartoon characters are forever. :\

AshMistyMayfan
03-03-2006, 05:59 PM
I am about to say a word that is controversial perhaps to our younger viewers so please don't be offended for it is a fact in a girl's life growing up: BREASTS! Breasts.

NOw that the old Groucho Marx dirtiest word is out of the way as I shoo the Swablu away with the sign, let me direct you, as a Brock, in pulling down Ash and May's picture:

May should not have started off as a ten year old. If you notice on May, she has the features of the woman starting off in her teen years of breasts. If attempting to say May is 10, give her the body of a 10- year old. Now look at Misty's friend Sakura. What does Sakura have? The perfect body of a 10-year old not even developing. Sakura is the perfect example of a 10-year old on the journey. May on the journey, she is more likely 13-years old in my opinion and not 10. Max on the other hand, strikes me as 8-9 easy.

Looking at Ash now, it's clear to me in the Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and now this latest in Battle Frontier, Ash has to be going on 13 to me. The animators of Japan showed bad taste in drawing a teased version of May with the body of a 13-year old and passing her off as 10. I'm sorry, but if I see a girl like that on May, and she has what girls have in growing up, she'd have to be thought of as being 12 for girls in the area I live in start off getting bigger by age 12. I learned all that in my years of going to school and having the Sex Ed class.:redface:

I am embarrassed as a poster to have said controversial in breasts, but darn it, if May says she's 10, has the breasts, why is she striking me as a 13-year old girl?

Pokemon Trainer Sarah
03-03-2006, 10:19 PM
That's the way she was drawn...they can't exactly change it now, can they? Anyway, the fact is that May started off as a 10 year old, just like Ash when he started his journey.

Alonso
03-03-2006, 11:35 PM
Nintendo's official reply is that Ash is ageless...

But if you are on the Pokemon Manga---Pokemon Special, then they have exact ages.
Why did you quote my post? I talked about May being 10 and you quote me talking about Ash and that Nintendo don't really have an age for him. The quote was pointless.

Pokemon Trainer Sarah
03-04-2006, 12:15 AM
Why did you quote my post? I talked about May being 10 and you quote me talking about Ash and that Nintendo don't really have an age for him. The quote was pointless.
Sometimes when people use the "Quick Reply" button, they forget to uncheck the box in the "Options" area that says "Quote message in reply?" It's no big deal.

Satoshi
03-04-2006, 10:59 PM
Whatever site it is, it's probably lying. Don't believe it. The characters' current age was never indicated in the anime.

The only evidence we have is that Haruka was 10 when Houen started and Ash was 10 when his journey started. Other than that we have no clue what the characters' ages are.

Snow Fairy Sugar
06-14-2006, 07:58 AM
and

i wouldnt take their word for it...they can say anything you know..besides DOES she look like TEN?

Pokemon Trainer Sarah
06-14-2006, 09:45 AM
All we know is that she was ten at the beginning of her journey. Ash turned eleven about half way through Johto (in the short at the beginning of Pokemon 3, Ash and Pikachu celebrated a whole year together). They're the only two facts we have to go on.

Hoenn seems a lot shorter than Kanto + half of Johto, so I would say that May is still ten, no matter how old she looks.

Anyway, this is an old thread. You should know not to revive threads that haven't been posted in for 30 days.