PDA

View Full Version : In what way you like to start the game!

tonytrainer
04-26-2004, 08:18 AM
I was wondering how do you like to start the game!With what starter?How do you like it:in a hury or taking your time,battleing every trainer you meet or skip some?What Pokemon do you use?

I like things in a hury,skiping some trainers, with Torchic as a starter,with a balanced theme!
Please post! :biggrin:

art
04-26-2004, 08:33 AM
I always take my time. a lot of time :silly: as for the starters: I tend to choose different starters a lot.

Shroomish
04-26-2004, 08:34 AM
I like to take it slow, make sure I battle every Trainer and all that rot.
I always stat with the Fire starter (On my main game) for some reason, too. And, I raise all of my mom (on my team) equally. :happy:

Traipez
04-26-2004, 10:02 AM
I dont use the same starter every time.
I like to take it slow, and defeat EVERY trainer I meet, to level up my Pokés.

Right now I dont catch Pokes in the beginning, because I trade breeded Pokes to my Sapphire, and use them (after I've startet my Sapphire over)

Btw, My Sapphire team looks like this:

Marshtomp
Vulpix
Shroomish
Koffing
Oddish
Trapinch

crazy blue eyes
04-26-2004, 01:46 PM
i choose mudkip,and i will battle every trainer i met!

Scizor
04-26-2004, 02:05 PM
i'm trying to start with a shiny torchic...after that i will battle every trainer & enjoy every minute of the game

RaichuGuardian
04-26-2004, 07:40 PM
I pick Mudkip, and I do not take it slow. I always beat trainers, but I don't battle every one. And usually, I don't have a balanced team. Like, 3 or 4 are really strong.

Kento Kasha
04-26-2004, 08:43 PM
I usually take my time and battle every trainer. However, I NEVER have a balanced team until I'm almost through the game and I realize that I need a balanced team. Same with Colo, my Umbreon's stronger than my Espeon, so I use Umbreon more often, and that's probably why.

Also, about 3/4 of the way through the game, when I start doing sidequests, growing Berries, etc., I start to skip Trainers, because I'm on a mission, y'know? Such is my way..... ah well.

-KK

Waterwhale
04-26-2004, 10:51 PM
I like Shroomish always pick the fire starter.. and take it slow battling every single trainer... however most of the start i only pick up pokemon i plan to make into my end team... which is why i battle every trainer... to make sure my starter is good enough to smash through each gym leader until i find some pokemon i like... then i go catch that one and start training it to my starters level... :oops:

RaichuGuardian
04-26-2004, 10:55 PM
First 6 Pokemon:
Mudkip
Zigzagoon
Poochyena
Wurmple
Makuita
Wingull

Steven
04-26-2004, 11:24 PM
I almost never get the fire one, although that would be a good one seeing as there aren't many fire pokemon in hoenn. I usually pick the water one, but the grass one is fun to.

RaichuGuardian
04-26-2004, 11:31 PM
Well, sometimes I play without saving, and using like, Treeko, it's pretty fun.

ManTis
05-02-2004, 04:33 PM
I always choose fire starter, and fight with almost every trainer (except for swimming trainers, with whom I battle only if I notice'em. I don't like looking for them). I battle with only one pokemon 'till I beat elite four, and then I start capturing, lvluping, and so on.

Mudkip6
05-02-2004, 06:36 PM
I rush through the game choosing a diffrent type of starter each time using a team of varient types............... then go to sleep. :sleepy: :sleepy: :sleepy:

§hadow
05-02-2004, 07:08 PM
I take my time. and I always pick the water starty so mudkip.

Agent Orange
05-02-2004, 07:13 PM
I usually take my sweet time.

silverfrost
05-02-2004, 08:13 PM
Heh, usually I start with Charmander in R/B/Y, Totodile in G/S/C, and Torchic in R/S. I always feel the need to raise my pokemon to somewhat high levels before i challenge trainers and the gyms. Like, I'll stay in the first route and raise them to level 30, then actually start playing. It takes a while, but oh well.

Hariken4
05-02-2004, 11:59 PM
I choose a different starter each time I begin a new game. I like to take my time and make goals for myself (Example: Get all Pokemon over 10 by Rustboro and stuff like that). I battle every trainer (switching my Pokemon once in a while). I use a variety of Pokemon. I usually have a team like this:

Grass and/or Bug
Flying
Water and/or Ice
Psychic, Poison, Dark or Ghost
Fighting
Rock, Metal or Ground

And, that's about it!

Wildyoyo
05-03-2004, 05:41 AM
I started again yesterday with a female blaziken, battled everyone and everything that appeared,and I only raised her and no one else. Then i bet the elite four no probs :wink:
Oh and i caught about 50 something other pokes

Cody
05-03-2004, 11:31 AM
I usually vary starters, but I tend to raise the pokemon I catch in the wild way more than my starter. I mean, I once had a Lairon before my Treecko evolved. My strongest pokemon is usually water type, like my Ludicolo and my Surskit (4 new games straight and he's my first capture! :cool: )