PDA

View Full Version : Can any1 give me some tips for catching Latias?

Japoro
04-26-2004, 01:35 PM
I have alittle problem with my Latias hunt in pokemon sapphire..
I didnt get the master ball (why is another story)

So then I need smoe tips or ideas because for the first,, I never find her and for the second if I find her she flees directly.. *darn*

crazy blue eyes
04-26-2004, 01:45 PM
you can go here! (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/rslatiaslatios.html)

Japoro
04-26-2004, 02:02 PM

Scizor
04-26-2004, 02:03 PM
why didn't you get the master ball ?

Japoro
04-26-2004, 02:10 PM
hehe, well now it is like this that I have an older brother that just ran throgh the team aqua's base and so I missed it..........
damn.................... :rolleyes:

crazy blue eyes
04-26-2004, 03:01 PM
many people miss that like you! :tongue:

Samus Aran
04-26-2004, 03:08 PM
My friend did that too!! :biggrin:

but latias and latios are easy to cacth!
it deoends on how you do it!

Japoro
04-26-2004, 08:20 PM
the hardest part is to find Latias & Latios have I heard...
So I hope thet are atleast easier to catch than Rayquaza (damn I have problems)

I have placed Wobbuffet first in my team so I guess I have the hardest part bfore me,, atleast I hope it is...

By the way,, is it possible to find every pokemon as shiny?
I mean can any pokemon be shiny?

I've heard about shiny start pokémons but is it possible o find a shiny Latias :wink: , not because I think I would :happy:

art
04-26-2004, 09:15 PM
Yes, latias can also be shiny. there is/was a person on this forum who had a shiny lati@s. it was GOLDEN!

Japoro
04-26-2004, 09:19 PM
that's cool
I suck in hunting shiny's :happy:

All I have ever seen was that Red Gyarados from G/S/C :wink:

but accually I think I have seen another shiny,, im not sure but when I played crystal I think I found wrong colored pokemon, I'm not sure which and also if I did,, but now is that saved game erased becasue I started over..... :sad:

Flamethrower101
04-04-2007, 11:03 PM
There definitly are some odd colored Poke'mon. There is ,of course, the red Gyarados from Silver and gold. I have also seen a Gold Latias and a Silver Latios. Almost all the Poke'mon from Ruby and Saphire can be found in odd colors. I've seen a green Trapinch, a black Spinda, and a yellow Electrike. These poke'mon are extremly rare and help towards the shuttle launch to catch Deoxys. :razz:

Sincerly, your Fire-breathing friend,
Flamethrower

Nirvash
04-05-2007, 12:59 AM
AMG!!!! DX

Don't revive threads older than a month old. Especially 2 years. Thanks.

Wobbuffet113
04-05-2007, 01:39 AM
here's what i did: i h ad the master ball, but never thought i'd run into Latias/Latios, so i used it on Rayquaza. After I walked into the weather institue once, I walked out and found it! that's when I learned that
1), walk in and out of the weather institute, if its there (check the pokedex, once its been encountered), you'll run into it within 10 battles.
logically, i let it run away, then saved the game afterwards (in case it fainted, i killed it, etc.)
Upon discovering it fleeing tendacies, i decided to get a Trapinch for arena trap. of course, Latias had levitate and ran anyways. that's when i learned
2) Get Wobbuffet. Lots and lots of wobbuffet. a whole team of wobbuffet (+1 pokemon you can fly with, just in case)
Now Latias could no longer run! hehe. Then came the challenge to weaken it. i learned by pure luck:
3) use mirror coat until it uses Psychic. if it faints it, at least u saved the game before hand, right? (do that, good idea).
That knocked its HP down perfectly to catch. then came the next hard part. I let it run, with its damage (which would stay with it after battle), then i bought many, many ultra balls. then came the true hard part: after encountering it again (the weather institute is serisouly the easiest way to find it), i threw many ultra balls, but before I officially went into combat again with it, i saved the game because
4), Stupid Latias used Struggle and killed itself. I then shut off the game, and tried again.
try this, then you can catch Latias w/o a master ball!

Bloody TC
04-05-2007, 01:49 AM
here's what i did: i h ad the master ball, but never thought i'd run into Latias/Latios, so i used it on Rayquaza. After I walked into the weather institue once, I walked out and found it! that's when I learned that
1), walk in and out of the weather institute, if its there (check the pokedex, once its been encountered), you'll run into it within 10 battles.
logically, i let it run away, then saved the game afterwards (in case it fainted, i killed it, etc.)
Upon discovering it fleeing tendacies, i decided to get a Trapinch for arena trap. of course, Latias had levitate and ran anyways. that's when i learned
2) Get Wobbuffet. Lots and lots of wobbuffet. a whole team of wobbuffet (+1 pokemon you can fly with, just in case)
Now Latias could no longer run! hehe. Then came the challenge to weaken it. i learned by pure luck:
3) use mirror coat until it uses Psychic. if it faints it, at least u saved the game before hand, right? (do that, good idea).
That knocked its HP down perfectly to catch. then came the next hard part. I let it run, with its damage (which would stay with it after battle), then i bought many, many ultra balls. then came the true hard part: after encountering it again (the weather institute is serisouly the easiest way to find it), i threw many ultra balls, but before I officially went into combat again with it, i saved the game because
4), Stupid Latias used Struggle and killed itself. I then shut off the game, and tried again.
try this, then you can catch Latias w/o a master ball!

Espeon just said above you don't revive this.Can a mod lock this?

Frijs
05-21-2007, 07:40 PM
Hey guys, this is what I did to catch Latias WITHOUT A MASTERBALL (in Sapphire, but I'm quite sure it doesn't matter)

this guide is mostly for those who already met Latias/Latios

this is with every single detail, but pleasy read it all.

I already had a lvl 5 wynaut so i just trained it up to lvl 29, at this point it had already evolved to wobbuffet. (at lvl 15).

Wy wubbuffet? : because of the ability "Shadow Tag" that prevents any pokemon to escape

the next thing i did was flying to Lilycove city to by 6 hp up and 6 iron in the big city mall ( or what its called ). I used it all on wobbuffet of course.
then i buyed a lot of hyper & super potions.
then i flied to Pacifidlog town.
as you probably know, latias moves when you change route. example: you are surfing on route 133 and then you reach route 132 and when you reach that new route, the location of latias will change.
however, while is was in Pacifidlog town, i looked at the map. if latias is just at the route at your right when you stand at the poke center, try to walk left. if latias is just at the route right at your left, try to walk right. BUT ! if latias is at route 130, you should go to route 131 and there is quite a big chance that latias will appear at your route. its just the same if latias appears at route 133, walk(or it is surf) to route 132.

I really hope this was useful, and the only reason that i haven't caught latias for long time ago is that i didn't have a wobbuffet (having the ability, to make the other pokemon incapable to run)

while i was battling latias, i started out with my lvl 29 wubbuffet. my wobbuffet was holding a healing berry (not the confusing one)
i started out with using Mirror coat, but Latias striked first (lucky for me, with water gun) then i used mirror coat and somehow it copy's the watergun but doubled the power at latias had half its hp remaining. (my berry & a max potion healed my wobbuffet from the other attacks from latias)then i used a my ultraball. and i was very close, then i used one more, and i got it!.

all this with only one wobbuffet in lvl 29, against latias lvl 40

pleasy reply to this if you wanna know something, or if you have any comments

Frijs

Bloody TC
05-21-2007, 08:03 PM
Hey guys, this is what I did to catch Latias WITHOUT A MASTERBALL (in Sapphire, but I'm quite sure it doesn't matter)

this guide is mostly for those who already met Latias/Latios

this is with every single detail, but pleasy read it all.

I already had a lvl 5 wynaut so i just trained it up to lvl 29, at this point it had already evolved to wobbuffet. (at lvl 15).

Wy wubbuffet? : because of the ability "Shadow Tag" that prevents any pokemon to escape

the next thing i did was flying to Lilycove city to by 6 hp up and 6 iron in the big city mall ( or what its called ). I used it all on wobbuffet of course.
then i buyed a lot of hyper & super potions.
then i flied to Pacifidlog town.
as you probably know, latias moves when you change route. example: you are surfing on route 133 and then you reach route 132 and when you reach that new route, the location of latias will change.
however, while is was in Pacifidlog town, i looked at the map. if latias is just at the route at your right when you stand at the poke center, try to walk left. if latias is just at the route right at your left, try to walk right. BUT ! if latias is at route 130, you should go to route 131 and there is quite a big chance that latias will appear at your route. its just the same if latias appears at route 133, walk(or it is surf) to route 132.

I really hope this was useful, and the only reason that i haven't caught latias for long time ago is that i didn't have a wobbuffet (having the ability, to make the other pokemon incapable to run)

while i was battling latias, i started out with my lvl 29 wubbuffet. my wobbuffet was holding a healing berry (not the confusing one)
i started out with using Mirror coat, but Latias striked first (lucky for me, with water gun) then i used mirror coat and somehow it copy's the watergun but doubled the power at latias had half its hp remaining. (my berry & a max potion healed my wobbuffet from the other attacks from latias)then i used a my ultraball. and i was very close, then i used one more, and i got it!.

all this with only one wobbuffet in lvl 29, against latias lvl 40

pleasy reply to this if you wanna know something, or if you have any comments

Frijs

Don't revive old threads, read the rules before posting.

*Reports*