PDA

View Full Version : Spread Sheet

Hariken4
04-27-2004, 10:14 PM
How do you use images on a spread sheet?

RaichuGuardian
04-27-2004, 11:01 PM
Cut them out on a paint program.

Neo Emolga
04-27-2004, 11:01 PM
Best program to use for spreadsheets is Mircosoft Excel, which you pretty much should have already unless you're using a Mac. Even if, the Mac program should have something similar to this.

To insert an image that you have saved somewhere else, go to Insert on your task bar, and then go down to Picture and then a drop down menu should display with the following items:

Clip Art
From File
From Scanner or Camera
Organization Chart
Autoshapes
Wordart

All of these can produce an image to use on a spreadsheet. Clip Art are already designed images that already exist in windows. There are a lot of them but most of them look pretty cartoony.

Chances are you want an image from somewhere else. Let's say that you have a picture of Pikachu that you want to use in a spreadsheet. Since it isn't going to be in Clip Art, you going to need to have one saved somewhere. Click on From File and then locate the image that you want to use. Once you find it, all you need to do is just click on it again and there you go.

From Scanner or Camera obviously requres you to have a digital camera or scanner available. I've never actually used this before, but chances are good it's going to get the image from the scanner or camera itself rather than obtaining it from a saved file.

An Organization Chart is exactly that. If you want a bar, line, pie, or some other type of chart, this is the place to go. This is if you want to use data you have collected and show it in visual form.

Autoshapes are just quick images such as circles, squares, arrows, lines and a few others. These you need to draw yourself, but it's just like making a square or circle in Paint or Photoshop.

Wordart is a fast and simple way to make any piece of text decorative. It's extremely easy to use, all you need to do is pick out a design that you want and insert the text you want to use.

That's pretty much all there is. Hope that helped.

Hariken4
04-28-2004, 12:11 AM
Best program to use for spreadsheets is Mircosoft Excel, which you pretty much should have already unless you're using a Mac. Even if, the Mac program should have something similar to this.

To insert an image that you have saved somewhere else, go to Insert on your task bar, and then go down to Picture and then a drop down menu should display with the following items:

Clip Art
From File
From Scanner or Camera
Organization Chart
Autoshapes
Wordart

All of these can produce an image to use on a spreadsheet. Clip Art are already designed images that already exist in windows. There are a lot of them but most of them look pretty cartoony.

Chances are you want an image from somewhere else. Let's say that you have a picture of Pikachu that you want to use in a spreadsheet. Since it isn't going to be in Clip Art, you going to need to have one saved somewhere. Click on From File and then locate the image that you want to use. Once you find it, all you need to do is just click on it again and there you go.

From Scanner or Camera obviously requres you to have a digital camera or scanner available. I've never actually used this before, but chances are good it's going to get the image from the scanner or camera itself rather than obtaining it from a saved file.

An Organization Chart is exactly that. If you want a bar, line, pie, or some other type of chart, this is the place to go. This is if you want to use data you have collected and show it in visual form.

Autoshapes are just quick images such as circles, squares, arrows, lines and a few others. These you need to draw yourself, but it's just like making a square or circle in Paint or Photoshop.

Wordart is a fast and simple way to make any piece of text decorative. It's extremely easy to use, all you need to do is pick out a design that you want and insert the text you want to use.

That's pretty much all there is. Hope that helped.

What do I do on MS Paint?

Neo Emolga
04-28-2004, 12:55 AM
What do I do on MS Paint?

I'm just comparing it when drawing autoshapes, you know the usual click and drag and size it accordingly. That's all I'm talking about with Autoshapes.