PDA

View Full Version : Those Chinese!!

Alonso
04-20-2006, 09:43 PM
China will be the next world power?

Your thoughts?

RouteMaster
04-22-2006, 09:11 PM
Certainly a possibility, it's economy has already overtaken the US. It doesn't seem a very stable country though, mind you point out one completely stable country!

Jack of Clovers
04-24-2006, 08:46 PM
It's either China or India.... or both. Both are well over beating old world powers England and France. Within the next ten years, there will definitely be a shift in continental power from Europe to Asia.

~Jack~

InvertrevnI
04-24-2006, 08:51 PM
Hmmm..... I doubt the stability of China, I don't think it will survive 10 more years at this rate. The countries I think will become world powers are Russia and India, they are significant and forgotten.

Tamer San
04-24-2006, 09:12 PM
Hmmm..... I doubt the stability of China, I don't think it will survive 10 more years at this rate. The countries I think will become world powers are Russia and India, they are significant and forgotten.

When you doubt the stability of a nation as big as China please state facts that is well known from reliable resources my friend. China's economy is as great as the US, but because of the population the economy is devided and such, but as a country, it has a powerful economy, a remarkable army, and high technology. China could be a future significant world power, alongside with the US, because US economy will never fall at this rate any time soon.

InvertrevnI
04-24-2006, 09:18 PM
Yes, but not what I mean by "Unstable". I mean there is a risk of rebelion, and that could wreck china.

Crummie
04-25-2006, 03:24 AM
China could be a future significant world power, alongside with the US, because US economy will never fall at this rate any time soon.

You honestly think that the American economy is in that great of shape? You have no idea how much control other countries have in our economy.

Last month we found out Iran is trying to build a nuclear bomb. So what do we do? We sent troops in you stop them. You think they liked that? Hell no, they got pissed. SooOoooOO... Iran jacked up the price of a barrel of oil by seven bucks.

Now we got people over here screaming about gas at $3 a gallon. I ever saw on the news, that some average familys have resorted to selling their properties at pawn shops, for gas money.

lol, kind of minds me of a joke I heard: your mama's so stupid, she sold the car for gas money. It's sort of scary knowing that things like that are happening now...

RouteMaster
04-25-2006, 04:06 PM
You honestly think that the American economy is in that great of shape? You have no idea how much control other countries have in our economy.

Last month we found out Iran is trying to build a nuclear bomb. So what do we do? We sent troops in you stop them. You think they liked that? Hell no, they got pissed. SooOoooOO... Iran jacked up the price of a barrel of oil by seven bucks.

Now we got people over here screaming about gas at $3 a gallon. I ever saw on the news, that some average familys have resorted to selling their properties at pawn shops, for gas money.

lol, kind of minds me of a joke I heard: your mama's so stupid, she sold the car for gas money. It's sort of scary knowing that things like that are happening now...
Can I just point out something here, in the UK petrol(gas) prices have now reached £5 a gallon in the capital, that's $8.90 approx. based on yesterday's exchange rate. Many countries' economies will crumble first.
Off topic I know, what I'm trying to get at is that so many smaller countries are affected by the actions of these superpowers that they will support however does them least damage.

IT
04-25-2006, 04:44 PM

Americans never stop complaining about the price of gas. Here it's been 1.20 euros for ages now, for a liter, which isn't even a third of a gallon.

Seven
04-25-2006, 08:13 PM
Americans never stop complaining about the price of gas. Here it's been 1.20 euros for ages now, for a liter, which isn't even a third of a gallon.

Amen to that, it's 1.35 here in the Netherlands because of environmental taxes :susp:. That's 1.67 dollar per...( I trust IT on this) every 0.33 liter = 5.01 dollar per gallon.

Alonso
04-25-2006, 10:42 PM
Can I just point out something here, in the UK petrol(gas) prices have now reached 5 a gallon in the capital, that's $8.90 approx. based on yesterday's exchange rate. Many countries' economies will crumble first.
Off topic I know, what I'm trying to get at is that so many smaller countries are affected by the actions of these superpowers that they will support however does them least damage.
That is why the government encourages everybody to use public transportation.

I don't think Russia or any of the old superpowers will become a power again. However, I do believe these new big players like India or China could problably be a world power. China's only problem is there population is high, and I don't think that there population is going to decrease anytime soon, unless that bird flu becomes a problem. China might decline because even if they are trying to control their population, they still do have a large population to feed. The Chinese lack several resources that are essential today.

SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM

This post is deep in the bowels of this forum. No one will EVER FIND IT!! No one will ever notice it or come back to this thread. If you find it, PM me and you'll win a prize!

SUPER EDIT!