PDA

View Full Version : DS/GBA Trading

Elmo's Heaven!!
04-23-2006, 09:54 AM
So... how can you trade with them??

absol2005
04-23-2006, 11:59 AM
Probably you put the games in the same DS.

Thanatos
04-23-2006, 12:51 PM
Well... put a GBA game in the DS, a GBA game in a GBA. Use a normal tradelink cable from a GBA... that should work?

I'll check later for you.

Meanwhile, google it.

Mystic_Pikachu012
04-23-2006, 04:47 PM
Say you have Diamond and Sapphire. Put Sapphire in the GBA slot of the DS. Put Diamond in the DS slot. Now, how can you trade, when only one game cna be on? I think from D/P, you can trade by going to the Pokemon Center, and then on the bottom screen, the GBA Pokemon game appears, and you trade.

Elmo's Heaven!!
04-23-2006, 07:27 PM
Say you have Diamond and Sapphire. Put Sapphire in the GBA slot of the DS. Put Diamond in the DS slot. Now, how can you trade, when only one game cna be on? I think from D/P, you can trade by going to the Pokemon Center, and then on the bottom screen, the GBA Pokemon game appears, and you trade.
Hmm, good idea....

(word, word)

Sleepy Sheep
04-23-2006, 07:47 PM
I don't think that it will work.

Woodchuck
04-23-2006, 08:24 PM
I don't think that it will work.

That's probably how their gonna do it with the Mysterious Dungeon games. Notice that one is for GBA and one is for DS. They wouldn't just randomly do that. There has to be a reason, and trading like that is the only logical one. If they do that with the MD games, why wouldn't they do it with D/P?

alice_the_dratini
04-24-2006, 11:36 AM
I bet in D/P in the pokemon centers, they have a time capsule like out of G/S/C.

Pika57
04-25-2006, 02:03 AM
Grumpiguno and Tyvoke, they already have implemented that with the Mysterious Dungeon Games.(though there was a fatal glitch that needed correcting)

!CeMAn
04-25-2006, 04:12 AM
Can you trade between a DS and a GBA? Like for RSe trades?

masterryanx
04-25-2006, 06:57 PM
Nope. You can't with the DS it only lets you play GBA games without using multiplayer aspects.

Ultima Shadow
04-25-2006, 10:59 PM
No- using certain games, the DS can use data from the GBA and implement it into the DS game. Remember that feature in Pokemon Dash? If you put in a main GBA Pokemon game, Dash could load the party Pokemon as tracks? I think it will work like that, except to a larger extent- namely, trading and battling.

Elmo's Heaven!!
04-26-2006, 12:41 AM
No- using certain games, the DS can use data from the GBA and implement it into the DS game. Remember that feature in Pokemon Dash? If you put in a main GBA Pokemon game, Dash could load the party Pokemon as tracks? I think it will work like that, except to a larger extent- namely, trading and battling.
I could only follow halfway, seeing as though I don't have Dash. When does it come out?

!CeMAn
04-26-2006, 05:07 AM
Nope. You can't with the DS it only lets you play GBA games without using multiplayer aspects.

This is for sure? Does that mean if i start playing RSe and i want to trade anything back and forth, i need to locate another GBA? That's not cool.

masterryanx
05-01-2006, 01:07 AM
This is for sure? Does that mean if i start playing RSe and i want to trade anything back and forth, i need to locate another GBA? That's not cool.

That's correct.

Elmo's Heaven!!
05-01-2006, 03:23 AM
Just buy a used GBA at GameStop for $20. That's what I did.

Ridley
05-01-2006, 03:39 PM
Hatches @200
Evolves @300
Evolves @400
Level 100 @500
VPP's don't take that long

absol2005
05-01-2006, 06:00 PM
VPP's don't take that long

Why the hell are you talking about that in this thread?

Ridley
05-01-2006, 06:25 PM
Because it was weird.
And don't say he+ll

Zenaku
05-11-2006, 07:54 PM
It's been confirmed that D/P will trade with older games by placing the older games in the GBA slot while playing D/P.

Anyone who knew about Dash's GBA connectivity would have known that, really, but it's confirmed at least. All you'll need is a single DS, since if you ever want to trade a 3rd Gen mon between 2 3rd Gen games, all you'll have to do is trade the Mon from the first 3rd gen game to D/P, then from D/P to the second 3rd gen game.

This is, at the very least, lucky for those who can't afford a DS without selling their gameboy.

absol2005
05-11-2006, 09:16 PM
It's been confirmed that D/P will trade with older games by placing the older games in the GBA slot while playing D/P.

Anyone who knew about Dash's GBA connectivity would have known that, really, but it's confirmed at least. All you'll need is a single DS, since if you ever want to trade a 3rd Gen mon between 2 3rd Gen games, all you'll have to do is trade the Mon from the first 3rd gen game to D/P, then from D/P to the second 3rd gen game.

This is, at the very least, lucky for those who can't afford a DS without selling their gameboy.

Oh yeah, baby, my pokemons are saved!!!

Elmo's Heaven!!
05-14-2006, 12:25 AM
Oh yeah, baby, my pokemons are saved!!!
Heh, mines too!!! WoOt! :happy:

Pokemon_Dude2006
06-03-2006, 12:20 AM
It's not confirmed that D/P will trade with older games by placing the older games in the DVD slot while playing Digimon.

Anyone who knew about Mario's newest GBA connectivity would have known that a dolphin is a kind of fruit! really, but it's cool at least. All you'll need is a single PSP, since if you ever want to trade a 3rd Gen song between 2 3rd I Pod games, all you'll have to do is trade the Game from the first 3rd gen Cat to ASAP, then from ADD to the second 3rd gen VCD.

This is very lucky for those broke kids who can't afford an apple without selling their girlfriend to a monkey.

How dare you say that!

tommytt42
06-03-2006, 10:06 PM
The DS doesnt fit a link cable or a wireless adapter : >(

PokeRyan
06-05-2006, 05:10 AM
Well... put a GBA game in the DS, a GBA game in a GBA. Use a normal tradelink cable from a GBA... that should work?

I'll check later for you.

Meanwhile, google it.
There is no link cable slot.

FR/LG/E all use union room that D/P will also have. Also I like the in same ds theory.

kyodon
06-06-2006, 07:01 PM
The DS doesnt fit a link cable or a wireless adapter : >(

Cause it uses a wireless connection like the PsP.

tommytt42
06-07-2006, 08:04 PM
ye

Xehanort
06-14-2006, 12:46 AM
i was gonna say that:sad:
but yeah, except maybe you switch between games on the screen?:eh:

tommytt42
06-17-2006, 11:28 AM
You can't do that. On the DS you can only hav 1 game running at 1 time espeacially if your playing a DS game as that would need both screens, so you wouldn't be able to run both anyway:rolleyes:

Ultima Shadow
06-17-2006, 11:31 AM
The DS game receives data from the GBA game while it is in the DS. This was proven in Dash. x_X

Fossil Fusion
06-17-2006, 11:42 AM
This thread was revived a while ago about time for a lock.