PDA

View Full Version : PS2 VS GameCube

§hadow
05-05-2004, 07:23 PM
What one do you think is batter. I think PS2 Is

RaichuGuardian
05-05-2004, 08:36 PM
You've got to be kidding! GCN all the way!

DarkMasterX
05-05-2004, 08:38 PM
Most people are gonna vote GCN, all because of Pokemon Colloseum. :rolleyes:

I vote PS2, better games imo and not all the games are for children like GCN.

Tamer Marco
05-05-2004, 08:52 PM
If you pick for GCN you obviously haven't felt the intensity and rush from Jak 2. PS2 all the way. :cool:

BTW: This is probably old news to most of you but PS3 is comming out soon. :wink:

Phoenix004
05-05-2004, 08:59 PM

I have to object to that. GC games aren't all cartoon style! They have James Bond Shooters, Racing games, Stealth games, Beat 'em ups, etc. Don't dis the GC!
By the way...

GAMECUBE RULES!!!

RaichuGuardian
05-05-2004, 09:03 PM
And uhh, I did not vote because of PC. I voted because of great games, like Metroid Prime. If you have never tried Metroid Prime, then you can't say GC is bad. What about MK:DD!!? This might be kinda of a cartoon style game, but it's intense. Zelda is an EPIC RPG. I am not gonna dis PS2. I can't say that I like PS2 more. I might not be able to change your decision, but CUBE ROX!

Zero
05-05-2004, 09:35 PM
Two words: Viewtiful Joe. Nuff' said. GCN.

Sutiivun
05-05-2004, 09:44 PM
I would say the PS2! :cool:

Silver Flygon
05-05-2004, 09:45 PM
The only thing about gamecube is that it has pokemon collo. :rolleyes:

PS2 has all the action gamess!!! :crackup:

Seven
05-05-2004, 10:26 PM
GC.

I love that thing, because I really like cartoonlike games.Though it does offer more than that ^^;.

Jerry Neal
05-06-2004, 01:35 AM
Gamecube has quality games like metroid prime, f-zero gx, ect. PS2 is all about quantity. There games are easy to beat;they need to focus ,more on quality.

Tamer Marco
05-06-2004, 01:42 AM
Gamecube has quality games like metroid prime, f-zero gx, ect. PS2 is all about quantity. There games are easy to beat;they need to focus ,more on quality. WTF? Are you joking? GC games are as easy as I don't know what. And quality... please. Have you seen PS2's awesome graphics and everything it has to offer that GC doesn't? If you've played Jak 2 that game is fun while it's also not easy to beat. Or the Mortal Kombat game? (forget actual name). You've most likely been playing those dumb games on PS2. You are saying that Tekken Tag Tournement is easy?! Wow, you must know where every power-up and cheat on PS2 games or you are just really good! j/k

No, offense and don't get the feeling that i'm being mean but there is NO way that GC is better than PS2. The best game i've played on GC is pokemon collo/Veitful(SP?) Joe.

VenusaurTrainer
05-06-2004, 02:09 AM
Nintendo Gamecube is better. I own every Nintendo System. I have to addmit PS2 does has some great games. But in my opinoin the Gamecube is better.

§hadow
05-06-2004, 02:14 AM
ok so far gamecube is winning I cant bellive this :rolleyes:

I dont even like pokmon colloseum I might like it more if they actually put voices in it and mini games like the stadiums had

Khashoggi
05-06-2004, 02:29 AM
Err, although I'll admit that the PS2 does have some very high-quality games to its name, Sony just doesn't have the bank of characters that Nintendo does to lean back on, and personally, I just... don't like the company altogether. =d Besides, Colosseum is on GC, and Smash Bros., Double Dash and whatever... All my fave games are on that console. :oops:

PokemonElite2000
05-06-2004, 02:37 AM
This really depends what you're judging on.

For games: There's Pokemon Colosseum and Smash Bros... and the other Nintendo only games that are great games, but there's just too many good games on PS2. People will buy a GameCube mainly because of Pokemon Colosseum (like buying XBox mainly for Halo, and buying GBA mainly for Ruby/Sapphire), but people will buy a PS2 for everything because there's just so much.

Controlling: Maybe I'm not use to it, but I like the more simple and effective design of the PS2 controller than the gadgets on the GameCube controller.

Graphics: Honestly, I don't care what the numbers are on the consoles, they're pretty much the same to my eyes. It depends on the game if it will look great or not. But both consoles can produce some amazing graphics, so it's even for me.

How the console looks: This goes to the GameCube, eventhough it's not really a perfect cube :rolleyes: , the compact console wins the "good looks" competition. Not exactly the most important feature though.

Overall, I'm going with the PS2. Although, I wished the PS2 looked more stylish like the GameCube, lol.

Neo Emolga
05-06-2004, 03:29 AM
I like Gamecube for it's great games, but I wish it had online play like the PS2. That's my only complaint.

art
05-06-2004, 06:24 AM

exactly. PS2 has a lot to choose from looking at games, and the graphics are great too. besides, no controller feels as good as the ps2 controller :biggrin:

boltAge
05-07-2004, 03:08 PM
Eh, I have none, but I've seen both and know their stuff before.

Nothing much made by Nintendo has been really decent. The A and + button on GBA is screwed up, and...I dunno, that's all I have. PS2 has FFX, GC has FF:CC, and other decent games O_o

Getting a PS2 has always been my dream, so /me votes for it.

King Kangaskhan
05-07-2004, 05:42 PM
GC is for me.

perfectpichu
05-07-2004, 09:48 PM
OH COME ON!!! How can you not like the GC?!?! Sure there aren't too many games out yet but there are still some d*mn good ones! For example, HM: AWL, SSB, Star Wars Rebel Strike, Burnout 2, Metal Arms, MK: DD, SC2, LoZ: WW, Metroid Prime. And there's a lot more where that came from. I barely listed a third of the games I have. So as you might have noticed, I deffinately voted for GC. Oh and by the way, I did not vote for it just because of Colloseum. I voted for it because it has great games, graphics, and variety. And I am deffinately not the only one who loves this system. Absolutely all of the kids in my class either have it or really want it.

Okay, sorry, I think I over did it a little. ^_^;

Agent Orange
05-07-2004, 10:20 PM
Gamecube. 3 words.

Kirbys

Air

Ride.

Tidus24
05-08-2004, 10:16 AM
I vote for PS2, because I have one :biggrin: .
The reason I bought, was because FFX, when I saw scenes of the game, I was WOW, real cool :biggrin: .
My opinion is that PS2, is better because has better games, action games, doesn't have many "Family games" like Game Cube.
Nintendo makes more childies games, like Pokemon and Mario Games, PS2, the majority are destined for older kids an adults, don't forget PS2 has DVD technology, your able to see DVD's, and has a great sound. Gamecube is only a N64, with more bits in it.
If you chech the market ratings, the PS2 is the 1º, X-box the 2º and finally Gamecube the 3º. That must be a reason for that, Gamecube only sells, because Pokemon and Mario Games.
In terms of look, I prefer PS2 is very cool look, and now with the new colours, playing in dark, seeing that green/blue lights on very cool :cool: .
Maybe in this year, Sony will launch his PSP, Playsation Portable, for what I saw, is very cool, more cooler then GBA.
Nintendo, in my opinion doesn't take many risks, because their affraid to lose the fans they won , over the years.

Mechaflame
05-08-2004, 07:29 PM
I have both systems. If I could, I would vote for both of them. But I chose PS2 because it has more games than Gamecube that I like the most. :biggrin:

§hadow
05-08-2004, 07:33 PM
I guess gamecube wins :sad:

oh well if anybody wants info on ps3 go here

Playstation3 Info (http://moneycentral.communities.msn.com/Upcoming/PLAYSTATION3.msnw)

KenshinU
05-09-2004, 11:27 AM
PS2... it actually has anime-like games on it. :razz:

And GameCube... :rolleyes: I dislike it because it has Pokemon Colloseum and the new Pokemon Snap, or whatever... :sweat: bleh... :neutral:

Chiki
05-09-2004, 05:48 PM
My vote goes to Gamecube because i like nintendo games...otherwise i'd vote PS2.

jj984jj
05-09-2004, 10:02 PM
IT's very simple..... PS2 > GC > X-BOX
At least, that's how I see it.

KenshinU
05-10-2004, 01:23 AM
PS2... it actually has anime-like games on it. :razz:

And GameCube... :rolleyes: I dislike it because it has Pokemon Colloseum and the new Pokemon Snap, or whatever... :sweat: bleh... :neutral:

Hey, everyone, sorry. I actually meant Pokemon Channel, not Pokemon Snap. Just so you know. lol :sweat: There is no Pokemon Snap for Game Cube... Sorry about that... :sweat: