PDA

View Full Version : Syberia 2

PokemonElite2000
05-06-2004, 02:56 AM
A great game but unknown game to most, so I don't expect many people, if any at all (lol), to have it. It was released on 03/30/04, on PC (Correction: Not out on PS2 or XBox yet)

The game is an adventure game. Think Tomb Raider, without the big blow-em up action, but with all the puzzles and more, much better graphics, great music/sounds in the game, and one the most important things for me, the storyline. It was the graphics of the game that got me interested in the game, it looked amazing, and it is. Sometimes you'll just stop playing the game and take a while to look at the scenery and just say "wow." And luckily, it wasn't one of those games that just looked pretty, it actually has a good storyline to it. It's the best voice acting I've seen in a game, ever. Finally a game maker that understands that it's fairly important that the voice overs are done well.

I heard about the first Syberia, but never played it. However, in the second game, there's a short movie explaining what happened in the first game, so that was good.

Screenshots: http://media.pc.ign.com/media/499/499421/imgs_1.html
More on the game: http://pc.ign.com/objects/499/499421.html?ui=gamefinder

Tamer Marco
05-06-2004, 02:59 AM
Never heard of it. But those S-shots look pretty good. And I don't think i'll buy it myself but it might be on my birthday/christmas list.

PokemonElite2000
05-06-2004, 03:05 AM
Never heard of it. But those S-shots look pretty good. And I don't think i'll buy it myself but it might be on my birthday/christmas list.
Like I said lol, not many people have heard of it. When I first saw the screenshots, I was amazed to the point that I was skeptical about it. But those screenshots do show what the game is like, those aren't just concept art for the game, but actual places you'll have to journey through.

Matt & Vulpix
05-08-2004, 10:32 PM
I've heard of it. I watch a french show about Technology and Video Games, and it's very popular around here, since they translated Syberia 1 into french (? I think so anyways). It seems cool but I don't like PC games XD;

[Fair]
05-09-2004, 02:18 AM
Ah yes, Syberia... I've heard of it, but unfortunately, I've never actually tried it... (I heard it's MASSIVE!) Isn't it a bit like the Myst series?

PokemonElite2000
05-09-2004, 08:30 PM
I've heard of it. I watch a french show about Technology and Video Games, and it's very popular around here, since they translated Syberia 1 into french (? I think so anyways). It seems cool but I don't like PC games XD;
Will be out on PS2 and XBox. The XBox date is 09/30/04, I don't know the PS2 date, probably around the same time (if not the same date).

']Ah yes, Syberia... I've heard of it, but unfortunately, I've never actually tried it... (I heard it's MASSIVE!) Isn't it a bit like the Myst series?
Yea, it's an adventure type game like Myst.

Matt & Vulpix
05-25-2004, 08:19 PM
PS2? Hm, well I have it. I only have one PS2 game, though, haven't used it too much [and bought it at one hefty price]. So I might pick that up, along with FFX and maybe MGS2...