PDA

View Full Version : Trojan?

boltAge
05-07-2004, 01:13 PM
I recently ran Gunbound(http://gunbound.net), and it said there was some kind of stupid trojan file. When I DL Gunbound, there was a Anti Hacking program equipped with it, so whenever I ran an online game(like Gunbound), it runs the scan. I went with the instuctions they said(All I had to click is "Ok" :rolleyes:), and it was like over and I could access the game.

Is the Gunbound database hacked, or is it my computer? The news on Gunbound says they have been attacked by hackers recently...

I'm getting kinda frightened by this, cuz I've got some kind of virus in the past and it screwed my computer badly :dazed: I don't want my not even 1 year old computer to get screwed up. Any ideas what's going on?

PokemonElite2000
05-07-2004, 09:04 PM
I recently ran Gunbound(http://gunbound.net), and it said there was some kind of stupid trojan file. When I DL Gunbound, there was a Anti Hacking program equipped with it, so whenever I ran an online game(like Gunbound), it runs the scan. I went with the instuctions they said(All I had to click is "Ok" :rolleyes:), and it was like over and I could access the game.

Is the Gunbound database hacked, or is it my computer? The news on Gunbound says they have been attacked by hackers recently...

I'm getting kinda frightened by this, cuz I've got some kind of virus in the past and it screwed my computer badly :dazed: I don't want my not even 1 year old computer to get screwed up. Any ideas what's going on?
I'm not familiar with Gunbound, so I wouldn't know more about this. What I do know is Gunbound is a safe game. Maybe try uninstalling just that program? Sounds kinda weird when a program like that scans everytime you play an online game, and not just scanning Gunbound.

ELMO
05-13-2004, 02:01 PM
I'm an avid GunBound player (at least, sometimes) and yeah, try reinstalling the program. Might just be a bad download. ;) GunBound is awesome, and safe, and I know that they take lots of care in their server, so just be alert for that stuff.

Inferno
06-16-2004, 01:06 PM
ok, so is Trojan just one type of virus/hacking system? Cause I have heard from different sources that with the IP address and a quick download you can use this trojan virus and "take over" someone elses computer. As in see what they see on their monitor, type stuff for them, move their cursor, open their CD tray, turn off their monitor, and take screen shots of what they are doing online, and do all kinds of crazy stuff. Is this true? I know you can take screenshots, but is this with this one "Trojan" virus? or is Trojan just a type of viruses? I'm confused...

tonytrainer
06-16-2004, 06:15 PM
ok, so is Trojan just one type of virus/hacking system? Cause I have heard from different sources that with the IP address and a quick download you can use this trojan virus and "take over" someone elses computer. As in see what they see on their monitor, type stuff for them, move their cursor, open their CD tray, turn off their monitor, and take screen shots of what they are doing online, and do all kinds of crazy stuff. Is this true? I know you can take screenshots, but is this with this one "Trojan" virus? or is Trojan just a type of viruses? I'm confused...

You don't need a virus to do that...
Any programmer knows is possible...You must be in a network to do that...
Isn't this thread kinda of old...

Tamer Marco
06-16-2004, 06:51 PM
ok, so is Trojan just one type of virus/hacking system? Cause I have heard from different sources that with the IP address and a quick download you can use this trojan virus and "take over" someone elses computer. As in see what they see on their monitor, type stuff for them, move their cursor, open their CD tray, turn off their monitor, and take screen shots of what they are doing online, and do all kinds of crazy stuff. Is this true? I know you can take screenshots, but is this with this one "Trojan" virus? or is Trojan just a type of viruses? I'm confused... Don't revive threads over a week old!

*Locked*