PDA

View Full Version : Moves that look good on the show, but suck in the games

Silver Dragonair
05-29-2006, 11:13 PM
Lets see:

Vine Whip: Chikorita and Bulbasaur kick serious ass with it, but in the games this move sucks. It doesnt have enough power to be limited to 10 PP.

Water Gun: Everytime I see this move used in the show. It is some big blast of water that is powerful as Hydro Pump. But in the game its a few drops of water.

Fire Spin: I saw two episodes where fire spin looked cool. When Blaines Ninetales used it. Then when Ash's Charmander beat Koga with it. Then I used it in the game when I had Ninetales. It was one of the crappiest moves ever.

EaGuL
05-29-2006, 11:40 PM
Flamethrower looked cool when Blaines Magmar used it, looked like some big stick figure or something of fire, bottom line it looked cool, oh and i dont think it sucks in the game though :oops:

Silver Dragonair
05-29-2006, 11:50 PM
Flamethrower looked cool when Blaines Magmar used it, looked like some big stick figure or something of fire, bottom line it looked cool, oh and i dont think it sucks in the game though :oops:

That was fire blast, and it was the Japanese kanji symbol for fire

It looks like that in the game, well in RBY. It goes through a loop of circles though in GSC before showing the symbol.

Ierdar
05-30-2006, 12:39 AM
Lets see:

Vine Whip: Chikorita and Bulbasaur kick serious ass with it, but in the games this move sucks. It doesnt have enough power to be limited to 10 PP.

Water Gun: Everytime I see this move used in the show. It is some big blast of water that is powerful as Hydro Pump. But in the game its a few drops of water.

Fire Spin: I saw two episodes where fire spin looked cool. When Blaines Ninetales used it. Then when Ash's Charmander beat Koga with it. Then I used it in the game when I had Ninetales. It was one of the crappiest moves ever.
What about Firespin from Brock's Vulpix? =P A huge tornado of fire, please...best example of fire spin ever. :cool:

Nasty Plasty
05-30-2006, 12:41 AM
I'd have to say, Double-Edge isn't all that great in the game. In the show, Chimecho glowed yellow. In the game, it is a simple charge.

Silver Dragonair
05-30-2006, 12:56 AM
What about Firespin from Brock's Vulpix? =P A huge tornado of fire, please...best example of fire spin ever. :cool:

Oh yeah, when misty was tied up. That did look so frickin cool :cool:

Ultima Shadow
05-30-2006, 08:25 AM
Tackle. Seriously, it pwns in the show, but it is terrible in the game.

Ridley
05-30-2006, 02:02 PM
What you said. I totally agree.

Zeeky boogy doog!
05-30-2006, 02:17 PM
Tackle. Seriously, it pwns in the show, but it is terrible in the game.

I know, I mean they go TACKLE SQUIRTLE!!! first thing but he has water gun... make sense now?

Katera
05-30-2006, 02:27 PM
Lol, apparently 'Withdraw' makes you untouchable in the show. =\

RouteMaster
05-30-2006, 05:38 PM
I like the fact that some moves are overrated in the show, it makes it better to watch.

Orange_Flaaffy
05-30-2006, 07:25 PM
Gust is the all-in-one attack in the anime, being able to both blow attacks away from you or blow the attacks back at the enemy.

And Doubleslap with Skitty, being powerful enough to send back a ghost attack :eh:

All I can say is the pokemon in the 'real life' world of the anime sure have better defenses than game pokemon:oops:

AshMistyMayfan
05-31-2006, 09:03 AM
Lets see:

TO me, Vital Throw, REvenge, DOuble slap, and Bullet Seed are lame. Outrage also seems wrong. Meowth doesn't even use Pay Day on the Anime!

Nobody's used a Moonstone on Jigglypuff, or told how the Espeon/Umbreon change from Eevee. How does say the Kingra form if Seadra has to be traded with Dragon Scale, did Claire make a trade off with her Seadra (I know, like over 6 years ago, but I still like Claire.)

The Shogun
05-31-2006, 08:01 PM
Tail Whip. In the show it actualy lives up to its name.

Pika57
06-01-2006, 02:11 AM

Its one of the only 120 Powered 5PP moves thats good in the game. So no its good.

How can anyone forget Stringshot on epsiode three...

Nasty Plasty
06-01-2006, 02:45 AM
Its one of the only 120 Powered 5PP moves thats good in the game. So no its good.

Yeah, I mean it completely ties you up while in game just lowers speed.

!CeMAn
06-01-2006, 03:30 AM

You're thinking of Fire Blast, i'm sure.

I, personally, have always been amazed at the damage of Pikachu's Thundershock :eek:.

Matt
06-01-2006, 03:34 AM
You're thinking of Fire Blast, i'm sure.

I, personally, have always been amazed at the damage of Pikachu's Thundershock :eek:.
I agree. If Pikachu would learn Thunderbolt he would be quite stronger.

!CeMAn
06-01-2006, 04:09 AM
I agree. If Pikachu would learn Thunderbolt he would be quite stronger.
But who needs Thunderbolt when your Thundershock can annihilate a Pokemon Center and all enemies within?

Jack of Clovers
06-01-2006, 04:49 AM
First thing to my mind...

Wrap or Bind. Especially when an Onix is crushing you. :oops:

~Jack~

Husnain
06-01-2006, 09:13 AM
But who needs Thunderbolt when your Thundershock can annihilate a Pokemon Center and all enemies within?
Yeah, no need for Thunder either.

Silver Dragonair
06-01-2006, 12:12 PM

That was because Pikachu drained the power and unleashed it

CHAMPION Victoria
06-03-2006, 02:11 AM
...Pikachu does use both Thunderbolt and Thunder in the show.

Silver Dragonair
06-03-2006, 03:27 AM
Who rememberd in the SS anne thing. Where James's magikarp evolved into Gyrados. Then its Dragon rage was like the most powerful thing in the world.

Also when Kadabras confusion sent back Pikachus thunder bolt. Like it was mirror coat or something.

Plus Ash's Phanphys/ Donphans rollout is overpowered. He completely haxorizes his opponents with it. Plus back when ash first got squirtle, Its bubble attack looked like bubble beam X2.

Matt
06-03-2006, 03:59 AM
Speaking of mirror coat, Whenever wobby uses MC/counter in the Anime, it doesn't take any damage.

Every Villain Is Lemons
06-03-2006, 04:02 AM
Poison Sting.

Game: A little needle thing.

Show: Like a million little glowing needles.

Silver Dragonair
06-03-2006, 04:08 AM
Speaking of mirror coat, Whenever wobby uses MC/counter in the Anime, it doesn't take any damage.

I can explain that one, in the show Its kind of more interactive in the game. It really creats a sheild and sends it back with double the power. But in the game you cant really create a sheild. So it makes you take damage.

!CeMAn
06-10-2006, 06:39 AM
James' weezing.
It used Smog and everyone's like, "OH NO!! Watch out, Pikachu!". It friggin creates this thick black cloud that covers the entire field, but in the game some wussy poot of smoke comes at you and deals like 2 damage.

Neo Emolga
06-10-2006, 09:56 PM
I'd have to admit, any time Pikachu attacks Team Rocket with anything, the explosion is always the size of a nuke, it's totally insane.

And yes, 2nded with Dragon Rage. That move in the game sucks but is absolutely destructive in the anime.

sonickid01
06-10-2006, 10:12 PM
I must complain about Rage. In one episode of the Kanto series thing, Charmander uses Rage. It's eyes glow with fire and it keeps bashing around the opponent (not sure what it was). However, in all the games, Rage takes so long to get its power. It's so pitiful.

Zeldarooles
06-12-2006, 09:48 PM
How 'bout seismic toss? It looked awesome when charizard did it.

Lordofgames
06-13-2006, 03:55 AM
Pikachu uses Thundershock on Rhydon is strange enough for me!
"AIM FOR THE HORN PIKACHU!" O_O

In anime, Jigglypuff's SING affects everybody who hears it =/. In the game it always misses [HOW THE HECK CAN SING MISS !>_<], or even if it does hit, it makes only one pogey to sleep...

alice_the_dratini
06-15-2006, 09:04 PM
Tri attack doesn't look that good in the anime but it does out of the games. Does anyone agree with me?

silver typhlosion
06-15-2006, 09:34 PM
tail whip:in the show(the eposode wen ash was fighting against Lt.surge )and lt raichu hade used tail whip and it did damage,but in the game,its just horrible.

Thrall
06-17-2006, 12:05 AM
Cacneas Pin Missle.In the anime it's like real Missles but in the game it looks like the pokemon is throughing Chop Sticks at the enemy.