PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon: Spoiler Chit-Chat

Pages : [1] 2

Scorch Ry
03-04-2004, 12:23 AM
Talk about the recent japan releases of Pokemon.

This is a Spoiler thread. Be aware that you may read something that spoils the plot.

KCash
03-05-2004, 02:31 AM
Yeah, bet that was a good episode... cant wait til it comes out here in the US. According to the pictures on Serebii, it looks as if Grovyle and Loudred end up in a draw and then the episode ends with them battling again... i hate when they do that.

Personally I know that Treecko was strong, probably one of Ash's strongest but i still didnt expect it to evolve. A Grovyle just doesnt seem like Ash's personality, figured the writers would have Tailow or Corphish evolve first. Of course I'm not complaining, its still pretty awesome that Treecko evolved!

Half a Dollar
03-05-2004, 03:39 AM
Yup. Grovyle looks very cool, doesn't it?

Pokemon World Mazter
03-06-2004, 01:51 PM
Grovyle looks awesomely cool! I cant wait for the new episodes airing soon. Brock will get a Mudkip one of the new episodes. I think its better this way. What I mean is that each trainer has a starter, unlike the old series in which Ash caught all the starters.

EDIT: Oh man, there is no new episodes today. They are repeating the past ones.

AshMistyMayfan
03-07-2004, 06:39 PM
Spoiler question: When Ash and co. return to Petalburg City

[ON the game, the mother Caroline lives in Little Root and Norman is in Petalburg. Yet on TV, May's family are together in Petalburg, what's up? Are they saying on TV when May left LIttle Root, did somebody else take care of her, like family member or even Professor Birch? OR does May's family just live in Petalburg City if Norman is the gym leader?

DragonTamer
03-08-2004, 07:19 PM
The whole family probably lives in Petalburg. In the beginning, when May was on her way to Professor Birch's lab she was going through the woods. IMO, if she had been living in Little Root she would probably have been using a road/street of some sort from town. Coming all the way from Petalburg would only take a short while on bike given how fast they all got there on foot. The game designers probably just wanted the character to have a clear starting point as to not confuse people as to which way they should go. So they just made up a plot where your mom would live in Little Root so there would be a clear path to follow for a little while anyway. Besides, for those new to the games, it's easier to explain stuff. Take Little Root, only has two houses and a lab. The next town has a pokecenter and mart. Then there's a gym! Wow! That's so cool! :rolleyes: You get my point.

KCash
03-09-2004, 01:31 AM
AMMf, you have to remember that the game is quite different from the anime. They have different storylines here and there so you cant get them mixed up to much.

Did anyone see the new japanese title, Professor Oak and Professor Birch! Secret Base Battle!? That will be a great episode... could the two professor's REALLY battle?

Tamer Marco
03-09-2004, 01:45 AM
COOL! Can't wait til they all come out!

Scorch Ry
03-09-2004, 11:42 PM
From what I heard, Ash can use Grovyle in battle much because Ash learned how content it was. It also has the will in it to win every battle it can, and that's the kind of pokemon Ash needs.

According to my theories, the episode title: "Petalburg Gym Battle! Five Gym Badges!", rumors has it that Taillow will evolve once defeating Norman's Slaking. Plus, there are rumors that Ash will decide in that episode whether or not Ash will evolve Pikachu with a Thunderstone. He decides this AGAIN, but Pikachu decides by itself........

These are ONLY rumors, they are not 100% sure.

-Aleyquala

AshMistyMayfan
03-10-2004, 06:19 PM
[If the Hoenn storyline seems to be 'Ash learns about evolved Pokemon', he should definately let Pikachu evolve. Pikachu should decide to evolve because times have to change on Pokemon and this is the only way for Ash to even have a chance in Hoenn. He's lost out in Indigo and Johto due to not having an evolved team. ANd what's wrong with a Raichu following Ash around? It would be in fantastic shape with all that walking.

rich
03-10-2004, 07:07 PM
[If the Hoenn storyline seems to be 'Ash learns about evolved Pokemon', he should definately let Pikachu evolve. Pikachu should decide to evolve because times have to change on Pokemon and this is the only way for Ash to even have a chance in Hoenn. He's lost out in Indigo and Johto due to not having an evolved team. ANd what's wrong with a Raichu following Ash around? It would be in fantastic shape with all that walking. I totally agree! ash's pokemon hardly ever evolve! i mean treecko evolves but we won't even get to see that episode untill early next year probably! he would be a much stronger trainer and have a better chance getting somewere if they did.

Scorch Ry
03-10-2004, 07:35 PM
And, Raichu would be alot cuter. ^__^

BTW: Its a good thing that Treecko evolves into Grovyle. I bet they used Pokemon Sapphire/Ruby on this, since Leaf Blade can damage Vigoroth and Slaking good.

BTW: Also, Taillow should evolve. Its too weak! It didn't win a match against Brawly's Machop, it loses against that boy's Roselia!!! That's impossible! Roselia used one Solarbeam and Taillow was finished off. Torkoal is very unique, so that's a good fire pokemon. Corphish is STRONG, but it needs to evolve to learn Water Pulse! Crawdaunt would look good in Ash's team...but we all know what's been wondering our minds.....what will Ash's final pokemon be? I heard lots of rumors..."Its gonna be a Vibrava!!" "They said that Ash will catch a Spoink, which will evovle into a Grumpig!" "No, no! Ash will catch an Altaria!!!"

I really don't know which one it is, but I don't like it when Ash promises to visit his pokemon and he doesn't. For instance, Primeape and Pidgeot. He promised to see them again, yet he didn't. It would be good if Ash met up with Primeape and Primeape joined his team for the last pokemon. Then, Primeape could use Dynamicpunch, and Thunderpunch, and maybe even Cross Chop! All I know is that Ash better catch another pokemon...and fast!

rich
03-10-2004, 08:53 PM
And, Raichu would be alot cuter. ^__^

BTW: Its a good thing that Treecko evolves into Grovyle. I bet they used Pokemon Sapphire/Ruby on this, since Leaf Blade can damage Vigoroth and Slaking good.

BTW: Also, Taillow should evolve. Its too weak! It didn't win a match against Brawly's Machop, it loses against that boy's Roselia!!! That's impossible! Roselia used one Solarbeam and Taillow was finished off. Torkoal is very unique, so that's a good fire pokemon. Corphish is STRONG, but it needs to evolve to learn Water Pulse! Crawdaunt would look good in Ash's team...but we all know what's been wondering our minds.....what will Ash's final pokemon be? I heard lots of rumors..."Its gonna be a Vibrava!!" "They said that Ash will catch a Spoink, which will evovle into a Grumpig!" "No, no! Ash will catch an Altaria!!!"

I really don't know which one it is, but I don't like it when Ash promises to visit his pokemon and he doesn't. For instance, Primeape and Pidgeot. He promised to see them again, yet he didn't. It would be good if Ash met up with Primeape and Primeape joined his team for the last pokemon. Then, Primeape could use Dynamicpunch, and Thunderpunch, and maybe even Cross Chop! All I know is that Ash better catch another pokemon...and fast!When does ash catch his torkoal? We've only just seen the episode that he catches his corpish :sad:

Scorch Ry
03-10-2004, 11:03 PM
Well, this thread is a spoiler thread, but I shall tell you anyways.

Ash obtains his Torkoal when Ash, Brock, May and Max walk into the Steel Valley, home of all steel-type pokemon like Skarmory and Steelix. In that valley, grew up a Torkoal that fought everyday with the steel pokemon, hoping that one day they would make peace.

So, they all run into the Torkoal and Ash watches as the Torkoal beats the most angriest Steelix of the Valley by using a combination of Flamethrower and Overheat. Afterwards, Torkoal joins the group. Note that this is after Ash gets his fourth badge.

Hariken4
03-11-2004, 11:52 AM
Coming up in Japan is Episode 343: Dancing Battle! Ludicolo! It looks like a Corphish vs. Ludicolo battle and Special Episode 16: Pokemon Researcher Gary & The Revived Aerodactyl. Probably the first episode with Gary in it since he left after the Silver Conference and as a professor (I'd like to see it!)

AshMistyMayfan
03-11-2004, 10:22 PM
[I've been reading on the Serebii forums that the Ludicolo COULD BE but not confirmed Brock's Lombre, which means it stumbles on an evolution stone to make it evolve. But I don't know if it's 'too soon' to evolve Brock's Pokemon that quickly, yet I can't see 'another trainer with Pokemon' in that particular episode so should be interesting.

Then, Ash FINALLY returns to Petalburg City to take on Norman! Too bad Ash can't have a Gameboy to get an idea how the gym leaders fight.

Tamer Marco
03-12-2004, 12:20 AM
Cool If anyone remembers me on the old fourm you'll know that Luddicolo is my favorite pokemon.

Scorch Ry
03-13-2004, 11:22 AM
Im back from my little vacation off the computer. ^__^

Unfortunately, that wasn't Brock's Lombre that evolved. It was the man's original Ludicolo that Corphish argues with. Corphish had become alot more stubborn since it saw Treecko; now, it has the urge to evolve to become alot better than Grovyle. But, Grovyle maintains its cool and ignores its rude actions while Torkoal, Taillow and Pikachu become better friends with it.

So, after Corphish and Ludicolo battle, Ludicolo ends up winning the match. But, Ash learns that somehow, Corphish's attack had become more stronger than usual, but he didn't do any research in his pokedex. Finally, the episode ends with Ash battling with Torkoal, fighting against that same Ludicolo...and Torkoal strikes it with a Flamethrower...

AshMistyMayfan
03-13-2004, 06:29 PM
I got info on the Papa is Idol episode, when Ash returns to Petalburg:

Meowth and Wobbuffet dress up as May and Max, can you believe that? Also, can you believe they somehow fool the people of Petalburg as May and Max, despite May being short and Max being tall?! It also sounds like James is NOrman and Jessie is Caroline. Next week, Serebii will have the full info on the episode. What I saw in the picture is Ash, Brock, May, and Max surrounded bya lot of people and a reporter sticks a mic to May and Max. Whatever Meowth and Wobbuffet did, must be big!

Scorch Ry
03-13-2004, 08:24 PM
I agree. Seeing that May was short and Max was tall should have took their attention....

I cannot wait until Ash battles Norman! I hope the rumor is true, about Taillow evolving into Swellow when it battles against Slaking.

Some people said that Ash will use Taillow and Grovyle. Norman uses Vigoroth, and Ash chooses Taillow. Taillow wins the match, after learning a new move. Then, Taillow evolves while battling against Slaking, but still loses. Then, Grovyle comes in and takes care of Slaking. I just hope this rumor is true......

AshMistyMayfan
03-14-2004, 01:53 AM
[I love to see more of Ash's Pokemon evolve, remember just Chikorita evolved, then Ash never caught a HootHoot, and the other starters never evolved? I'm glad to see the writing is FINALLY letting Ash evolve his teams, maybe he'll have better luck in Hoenn with an evolved team and finish higher. Ash should do great with Grovyle/Swellow, maybe they'll let Grovyle become Sceptile, be nice to have Ash's Pokemon at the final stage of evolution.

As for the rumor on Brock's Lombre evolving, FALSE RUMOR, it was a trainer with Ludicolo. :doh: :doh: :doh: How many times must we be subject to 'wild Pokemon belongs to trainer or gym leader eps? :boohoo:

Scorch Ry
03-14-2004, 02:05 AM
I 100% agree with you, AshMistyMayFan.

Ash should have an evolved team, it could help out his team better. I could see Ash with a Sceptile, Swellow, Torkoal, Crawdaunt and Pikachu. That team would not be MY team, but its better than his last ones. But, we all know our next question: What will Ash's final pokemon be?

It should be a pokemon from the past, like Pidgeot, Lapras or even Primeape. I was sad to see those three pokemon go, but I'd love to see Primeape come back and join Ash's team. It would be very powerful, even powerful enough to give Pikachu a tough, crucial battle. It could use Dynamicpunch, Mach Punch, even Cross Chop. But, the writers most likely forgot about Ash capturing a Primeape......it would be nice to see Ash meet up with Primeape again, at least.....

But, I could surely see Ash with a Bagon....

neofreak541
03-14-2004, 03:20 AM
You guys! Don't forget about Ash's Butterfree! The first Pokemon he caught!

Scorch Ry
03-14-2004, 03:30 AM
I completely forgot about Butterfree!!!! If Butterfree comes back, he should give it to May. That would be a nice addition to her team. She should have captured that Swablu...that way, she could of had a chance of having an Altaria

rich
03-15-2004, 06:26 PM
I completely forgot about Butterfree!!!! If Butterfree comes back, he should give it to May. That would be a nice addition to her team. She should have captured that Swablu...that way, she could of had a chance of having an AltariaAnd ash's pigeotto evoled when he trying to save all those little pidgey from a group of spearow and a fearow,

but he also let his pidgeot stay behind and protect them :doh:

he's just kind hearted that lad is :cry:

Scorch Ry
03-16-2004, 07:11 PM
Well, here's some information about the next episode, "Papa Is Idol!? False Gym Leader!!"

It seems as though James is acting as the gym leader, Norman. Jesse plays his wife, Caroline. Meowth plays May, while Wobbuffet plays Max.
Now, its already telling you something is wrong: May is actually shorter than Max? That was a MAJOR clue.

But, basically Norman steps in with his Slaking and Slaking delivers a Focus Punch to blast them off. Norman was probably an Idol and they maybe discovered about it.

AshMistyMayfan
03-16-2004, 09:54 PM
Well, here's some information about the next episode, "Papa Is Idol!? False Gym Leader!!"

It seems as though James is acting as the gym leader, Norman. Jesse plays his wife, Caroline. Meowth plays May, while Wobbuffet plays Max.
Now, its already telling you something is wrong: May is actually shorter than Max? That was a MAJOR clue.

But, basically Norman steps in with his Slaking and Slaking delivers a Focus Punch to blast them off. Norman was probably an Idol and they maybe discovered about it.

I can already tell you what's wrong with the plot:
The people of Petalburg REALLY haven't heard of Team Rocket and must be blind to not notice 'something is wrong when May is short, Max and tall', and when you see them later, May is back to being tall and Max is back to being short! It's really amazing NOBODY would notice something is wrong with this picture, but thankfully, James is not dressing as a woman again! Can you imagine him trying to be Caroline?! For Ash and co. not to notice something is way off with this picture, somebody better have logic behind their writing. It's funny, but the story can border on sloppy writing if nobody has a logical explanation WHY Team Rocket impersonates May and her family. Better not be another lame attempt to steal the Pikachu! Have something like they are trying to disqualify May from entering contests so Jessie could win or something, I could live with that!

Scorch Ry
03-16-2004, 09:58 PM
Well, they say that Norman is an Idol because on the series, Slaking is very hard to obtain, and his Vigoroth mastered the toughness level to evolve into Slaking. It shows here how the anime is different from the game, for example: Mr. Briney's Wingull Boat and others.....

Scorch Ry
03-18-2004, 11:58 PM
Sorry About Double-Posting. Please Forgive Me.

OMG, that episode was great. Torchic finally learned how to use Flamethrower, which got May very excited. I know Ash's pokemon should of got a warm-up from all of those battles! Grovyle defeated that Golduck very good, ending the match off with a Leaf Blade. Ash also faced a Zangoose, Aron, Igglybuff and Spheal.

But, I have some more exciting news about the next episode! Its gonna be a crisis for sure!
================================================== ========
Norman is cheating on Caroline with Nurse Joy. May, Max and Caroline find out, and they are all very upset. It also shows Norman's Slaking (very scary) and it looked very angry. But, I think that Nurse Joy was maybe treating for Norman's pokemon, and Norman was hanging around her more to give her a thanks for helping his pokemon. But, Caroline looks very angry, May is angry, while Max wont talk and always cries.

KCash
03-19-2004, 12:23 AM
MY GOSH! What has Pokemon came to? Norman cheating on Caroline with Nurse Joy? I would rather be with Caroline... its Days of Our Lives-- Pokemon Style!

Scorch Ry
03-19-2004, 07:33 PM
I feel the same way. Pokemon is getting very emotional now......

Scorch Ry
03-20-2004, 02:06 AM
Sorry For Double-Posting!!! I apologize deeply
================================================== ========
I was really surprised with Gary's pokemon team. It looks more organized and well-balanced now, since his Doduo evolved. Remember before the Pokemon League, when Gary petted his Doduo...obviously, he must of been training with it, and it evolved.

But, I wonder...how come he didn't catch that Aerodactyl?

AshMistyMayfan
03-22-2004, 05:11 AM
WHat was Norman and Caroline's reaction when May dropped the news she was entering contests? Were they happy/upset, I got to know, it's killing me. :wall:

Norman has a Golduck? He's going to use Vigorath/Slaking, and a Golduck? I thought he'd use a Linoone because one has not been seen on Hoenn and Norman has a ZIgzagoon in the game so shouldn't the writers have him use a Linoone? Ugh, writers, never can figure them out when NOW they got Norman cheating on Caroline? PErsonally, the story on Ned Wakefield and Alice Wakefield was 10 times better with Ned running for mayor and Alice working long hours on Sweet Valley High. There was never any other people involved, except Nixon type crooks.

Scorch Ry
03-23-2004, 07:11 PM
No, a person that battled Ash and his Grovyle had a Golduck! Norman should have Vigoroth and Slaking! He catches a Slakoth, and both Slakoth and Vigoroth evolve into Vigoroth and Slaking! You should understand that!

AshMistyMayfan
03-24-2004, 07:58 PM
I finally saw the pics, boy am I a bit disappointed. At least for once Team Rocket wore great disguises, exception for Meowth and Wobbuffet, but come on! May's family can't be 'that Hollywood' in Petalburg! I was embarrassed to see that Ash and May battle, the town boos Ash, the town prefers ribbons over badges, I was really disappointed with that type of storyline to 'villify' Ash and have an 'I Love Lucy' type story of May being that popular in her town like Ethel was popular in her town. That's flat out overkill to do that and make Pokemon people like myself tell May 'well, if you're loved that much in your town, do us all a favor and STAY BEHIND if you're going to battle Ash and have illogical Pokemon winning when they would've LOST!' I hope Ash is respected when he gets that 5th badge, they should throw a parade for him.

And yeah, Ash did battle another trainer so that answers the Golduck. I still feel NOrman uses Slakoth, Vigorath, and if they tell the story from the game, have a Linoone.

Scorch Ry
03-24-2004, 08:21 PM
If you go to www.serebii.net and look to your right, you will see Norman's Slaking. From a flashback, Norman is saw capturing two Slakoth, with one evolving before the other. Finally, the other evolves, though Vigoroth manages to evolve once again!

AshMistyMayfan
03-26-2004, 06:35 AM
GOt this from Serebii, ASH VS NORMAN started!

Norman
Slakoth
Vigoroth
Slaking (probably in this order, too)

Ash
Torkoal
Pikachu (of course)
Grovyle

That's the official lineup.
I hope the people of Petalburg don't storm the gym after Ash beats Norman, be more chaotic then the wrestling I saw on Monday where about 120 wrestlers beat each other senseless! Ash and Brock would stand no chance, and May would get trampled if she tried to restore peace in her town! Call a Pokemon SWAT team!

Scorch Ry
03-26-2004, 01:03 PM
I just went on Serebii.net and I didn't see any pictures nor bios relating to the battle between Ash and Norman.

AshMistyMayfan
03-26-2004, 05:58 PM
The episode started in Japan last night over there, takes Serebii two or three days to post the pics from the show, and one week for somebody to send him a symposis on the episode so got a choice: Pics in 3 days or read episode in one week. THe pics of 344 where Ash and May had that controversial battle and the people of Petalburg with bad sportsmanship is already up.

Scorch Ry
03-27-2004, 11:40 PM
Well, at www.serebii.net they released the pictures to the episode, "Petalburg City! Petalburg Gym Crisis!".

Basically, Caroline thinks Norman is cheating on her with Nurse Joy, when really, both Norman&Nurse Joy are preparing an anniversary gift. I was very surprised to see all three of the monkies: Slakoth, Vigoroth and Slaking. Norman will be using those pokemon in the gym battle with Ash, while Ash uses Pikachu, Grovyle and Torkoal. Too bad Taillow wasn't used...it might have evolve if it had beaten Slakoth. But, on the preview, Slakoth is performing its Yamn attack, so someone is about to turn off the lights!

KCash
04-02-2004, 01:10 PM
Wow, everyone go check out Serebii.net and look at the new theme. On the pictures it shows Ash's new Swellow, May's new Combusken, and a Bulbasaur. The Bulbasaur is on May's side of the picture and there is an episode coming up about Bulbasaur's so maybe thats when she will catch it. I doubt its Ash's since it was all the way over on May's side of the picture. I didnt see no 6th pokemon for Ash though. I wonder if it will be awhile until he catches one?

Scorch Ry
04-02-2004, 07:27 PM
YES! YES! YES!
May finally gets a Combusken and a Bulbasaur!!!! Ash's Taillow evolved into Swellow! THIS IS AMAZING!!!!!!

Finally, some better improvement on Ash's team! Season 7 looks alot better than any other season, since Ash now has two EVOLVED pokemon instead of one.

BTW: I looked at Ash Vs. Norman battle, what was that problem with Grovyle? It began glowing lightgreen, did it get stronger or learn a new attack? Maybe its Synthesis or Mega Drain. I don't really know this one. That Slakoth was very powerful! It used Shadow Ball and Blizzard! Vigoroth used Flamethrower, that REALLY surprised me!

AshMistyMayfan
04-05-2004, 03:21 AM
Wow, what a great season they are in for! I did read rumors that Ash's Taillow was going to evolve during the NOrman battle, but I guess it must happen later. I wonder if May is going to end up with Swablu and it turns into Altaria? May really needs that Pokemon, that is such a cool Pokemon on Colosseum the way it battles!

Scorch Ry
04-07-2004, 09:28 PM
That would be a great pokemon for May..but maybe she can't handle an Altaria yet. Like Milotic, she should have had one. But, maybe she needs to first experience the first year of contests, then start strategizing.

Now, the next episode is most likely when May gets a Bulbasaur. A Bulbasaur is great on her team, and I hope it evolves into Ivysaur.

AshMistyMayfan
04-10-2004, 06:34 PM
Prof Birch and Prof Oak are taking on each other in a secret base battle, what's that all about? I saw Birch had a Poochyena on his team, another Torchic, the same Treecko and Mudkip. If Oak uses the 3 starters, Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle, who's his 4th Pokemon?

Maybe this will explain how May gets Bulbasaur.

Only disappointment is not too much of Aqua or Magna has been shown on TV, I'd love to see how Ash will handle both of them. Does he ask for brock or May to help him?

Scorch Ry
04-12-2004, 09:04 PM
I CANT BELIEVE THIS! MAY DOESNT GET THAT BULBASAUR! OH NO! *cries*

AshMistyMayfan
04-15-2004, 05:25 PM
When Ash and May have the battle, will Ash be able to avenge that controversial loss to her? I hope he doesn't get the screwjob again, he deserves to avenge that loss, or it won't be a great journey.

Scorch Ry
04-15-2004, 07:25 PM
I wonder is this the episode they said that Torchic will evolve in? I seen a Nidoqueen and Nidoking, so maybe they are battling each other or something.

KCash
04-15-2004, 10:06 PM
Well yeah, Serebii got the updated profiles done for May and Ash. Looks like MAy will catch that Bulbasaur in next week's episode and the following week Ash's Bulbasaur returns temporarily as well. Cant wait til I get to see Bulbasaur again

Scorch Ry
04-15-2004, 11:48 PM
I saw the pictures also. I was hoping for that Torchic to evolve and Taillow too, but I guess it will come whenever it does. I read about the Venusaur and that Hidden Village episode. Venusaur awards May with a newly Bulbasaur. Ash gets Bulbasaur back because May's Bulbasaur is a baby and it needs to play with someone for awhile of its own kind. Aww, it even looks young!

Joebo4590
04-16-2004, 12:06 AM
I think they should get different Pokemon. This is the first time the gang has two of the same Poke. I think it's sorta boring, actually.

Scorch Ry
04-17-2004, 01:06 AM
They will have different pokemon. May's Bulbasaur is very young so Ash gets his Bulbasaur to play with it until it grows. That will take maybe 3-6 chapters. He's keeping it temporarily.

I can't wait to see when Ash battles Winona! Altaria is gonna win for sure! That's if they let her have one.

AshMistyMayfan
04-17-2004, 03:24 AM
Do you think Winona's Altaria will be the Swablu that May couldn't have? That would be interesting. Is it possible on May getting Bulbasaur that they were doing the spoof from the game with instead of getting a Wynaut, May gets Bulbasaur? I'm sure WInona will have Altaria, but I think Ash will get his 6th badge.

Scorch Ry
04-17-2004, 03:32 AM
Besides Pikachu, what could defeat an Altaria?

That battle was superb in this episode in japan. I liked the Double Rollout and Heart Hyper Beam attack! Those were superb! It was also funny when Skitty kept attacking Corphish. It goes to show how much control May has over it.....

AshMistyMayfan
04-18-2004, 09:35 AM
Yeah, it shows without GYM BADGES, May will have NO CONTROL over her Pokemon. THat's really going to be a sad future for her, we may as well anticipate Aqua and Magna winning over Ash since May will be of no help. That's why I hope Misty returns, the show is going to be in trouble if they keep telling bad stories of May's incapability to control her Pokemon. They got to get May in battles and have her in control of her Pokemon, not the Pokemon in control of themselves. That's why a few tugs of a leash minds the animal. I keep saying for May to get with the program.

And no more teaming up TR with May and Ash in a battle EVER! I seen that over a 100 times in wrestling and teaming up heels and heroes DOES NOT and NEvER does work!

Chiki
04-23-2004, 12:42 AM
Does anyone know if Max will ever get at least one pokemon?

I want to see him in a gym battle XD :biggrin:

Scorch Ry
05-22-2004, 11:16 PM
UPDATE TIME!!!
May finally captured her Bulbasaur, which I think will be excellent for her team if it happens to evolve into an Ivysaur, but not a Venusaur. May couldn't handle a Venusaur, but she could handle an Ivysaur. But, the next episode in Japan will be with May participates in the Rubisubo Tournament. Drew has a Masquerain now and his Roselia is just phonomenial. The way it uses its Solarbeam is just outstanding. And its Petal Dance...astounding and vivid! But, I see that May's Bulbasaur goes against Rhuu's (Drew's Mother) Lairon. I also noticed that May's Bulbasaur uses a Vine Whip against Lairon and it works fortunately. Let's hope May can win some contests!

Hoenn Mirror Girl
05-24-2004, 06:52 AM
Does anyone know if Max will ever get at least one pokemon?

I want to see him in a gym battle XD :biggrin:
Somehow, I doubt it. I REALLY doubt it.

Scorch Ry
05-29-2004, 07:11 PM
Yeah, they won't ever give Max a pokemon. They are probably thinking that he's too young to have a pokemon.

The episode: Ruibuso Tournament! came out last week. I felt so sorry for May's Bulbasaur...it tried its best.

KCash
06-01-2004, 10:07 PM
Yeah, I cant wait to see that tournament... to bad it will take forever to get here.

Scorch Ry
06-02-2004, 01:31 AM
Yeah. I felt sorry for May's Bulbasaur because it lost to Lairon's Shock Wave attack. Bulbasaur didn't need that beating...plus, it received a harsh Metal Claw...

KCash
06-08-2004, 05:47 PM
Well we all know that Tailow will evolve this season thanks to the opening but no one knows when. The next episode is "Beginning Challenge! Sky Match-PokeRinger"

It shows Tailow doing some kind of course where it collects rings possibly 'PokeRingers'. Could this be the episode where Tailow could finally evolve?

Scorch Ry
06-09-2004, 01:37 PM
I have a great feeling that this will be the episode! Only time will tell.

~Bayleef~
06-09-2004, 05:16 PM
I'm quite sure that Ash's Taillow evolves in this episode.

Scorch Ry
06-10-2004, 07:29 PM
Im becoming more and more confident that this isn't the episode where Taillow evolves. If it was, then Serebii.net would have updated Ash's profile like on Tuesday or yesterday.

KCash
06-10-2004, 11:12 PM
Well your confidence has failed you Aley, it was confirmed today that Ash's Tailow evolved into Swellow. Ash has a pretty good team now.

Scorch Ry
06-11-2004, 10:31 PM
:wink: Yes, KCash. Once again, my confidence has deceieved me...I thought that Taillow wouldn't evolve in this episode, but I thought that this would have been a great episode for it to evolve in. Finally, Ash's team is starting to look up. Now, all we are waiting for is his final pokemon...I have a funny feeling it will be a Kirlia/Lunatone/Solrock. Ash looks good with a Kirlia or Lunatone.

~Bayleef~
06-13-2004, 07:25 PM
I dont think that Ash will get a Solrock or a Lunatone because the 7th gym leaders Tate & Liza have those Pokemon and Ash has a Swellow and I think that Winona will have a Swellow aswell so i dont think that Ash will have another Pokemon that a gym leader has aswell. I think his 6th Pokemon will be a surprising Pokemon like a Ralts or something. I think that his team is getting to be really good now.

Mikkael
06-14-2004, 01:39 AM
OMG WOW! hehe. I've just had a look at teh "Beginning Challenge! Sky Match - PokeRinger!" episode pictures from Seribii.net and wow they are soo cool and YAY ash gets a swellow. lol i am soo happy. Yeah. Over in australia, we're only up to the episode just after ash catches his Corphish. Err A Corphish out of water or sum like that ... Well that was this mornings episode in W.A. Hehe stupid carvanha. lol they eat his boat, that was soo funny. I cant wait to see all these mondo cool ep's to come. I think it's really great how nearly all of ash's pokemon that he's caught in Hoenn so far will be evolving in this season and next. I cant wait ... !!!!

|\~Mikkael~/|

Hoenn Mirror Girl
06-14-2004, 03:18 AM
I dont think that Ash will get a Solrock or a Lunatone because the 7th gym leaders Tate & Liza have those Pokemon and Ash has a Swellow and I think that Winona will have a Swellow aswell so i dont think that Ash will have another Pokemon that a gym leader has aswell. I think his 6th Pokemon will be a surprising Pokemon like a Ralts or something. I think that his team is getting to be really good now.
What about a Persian? Meow.

Nefarious
06-14-2004, 02:33 PM
I think ash should get an aron. But that's what Brock would most likely get. He should bet a ralts tho. I don't think he has ever had a psychic pokemon.

AshMistyMayfan
06-14-2004, 05:25 PM
Hey Everybody, Episode 356, just aired in Japan and summarized:

ASH'S TAILLOW EVOLVES TO SWELLOW! Ash finally gets his Swellow so that's probably what he'll use against Winona in the 6th battle!

LolJolteonMaster
06-15-2004, 02:31 PM
He'll probably use pikachu. Duh

Mechaflame
06-15-2004, 04:32 PM
Ash would be incredibly dumb not to choose Pikachu. :confused:

Scorch Ry
06-21-2004, 05:13 AM
Well, from the looks of the new character bios, May's Torchic evolves into Combusken in this episode coming this Thursday. I'm sure glad that she will finally get a new pokemon that evolved. Honestly, I thought she would have evolved Skitty before she would have known that Torchic would have evolved. She looks nice with a Delcatty or even an Espeon. Eevee would have been a better choice for her rather than catching a Skitty.

Anyways, the character bios have been updated for James. It's not 100% confirmed, but James might catch a Chimecho. I never even saw that pokemon before, so him having one will be deciding upon me. That's how I feel, since I didn't know about this Chimecho pokemon. So, at least May's team will be improving for her Pokemon Contests. Hopefully, that Bulbasaur can grow and evolved into Ivysaur, and she will evolve Skitty into Delcatty. Then she'll be all set for any Pokemon Contests!

Hoenn Mirror Girl
06-21-2004, 06:00 AM
Well, from the looks of the new character bios, May's Torchic evolves into Combusken in this episode coming this Thursday. I'm sure glad that she will finally get a new pokemon that evolved. Honestly, I thought she would have evolved Skitty before she would have known that Torchic would have evolved. She looks nice with a Delcatty or even an Espeon. Eevee would have been a better choice for her rather than catching a Skitty.

Anyways, the character bios have been updated for James. It's not 100% confirmed, but James might catch a Chimecho. I never even saw that pokemon before, so him having one will be deciding upon me. That's how I feel, since I didn't know about this Chimecho pokemon. So, at least May's team will be improving for her Pokemon Contests. Hopefully, that Bulbasaur can grow and evolved into Ivysaur, and she will evolve Skitty into Delcatty. Then she'll be all set for any Pokemon Contests!
Yeah! Go, lil' sis!
Uh...I mean May.

Scorch Ry
06-22-2004, 02:23 AM
Well, the episode: The Mansion Of Shuppet! released its pictures last week on Serebii.net. I was rather surprised when I saw that same little carnival room that really compared to the episode where Ash befriended Gastly and Haunter. Anyways, it seemed to be a good episode. Ash used his Swellow in that episode, so I'm very proud of him. For once, Ash's team looks alot better than it did when he was in Kanto and Johto. I'm also glad that Ash has TWO evolved pokemon on his team, rather than him having only one. It looks like Ash's team will be powerful these seasons of Hoenn.

But, everyone is waiting for the episode where May's Torchic evolves into a Combusken. From the two pictures, it looks as though Torchic and a wild Breloom get into an argument. Most likely, Torchic will become so angry and might evolve that way, or it might hit Breloom with its Flamethrower/Ember attack and evolve that way. Either way, it would be just a classical moment to witness this clumsy Torchic evolve into a stallion Combusken.

Scorch Ry
07-01-2004, 02:14 PM
Well, it is 100% confirmed. On the episode called "The Forest's Fighting King! Breloom VS Combusken, it was confirmed that May's Torchic became a Combusken. I was rather impress with this happening and I hope for the best for that Combusken.

It appeared that Breloom were harassing Torchic and Corphish tried to stop them. Torchic stopped them and evolved. Then, it began attacking the king Breloom, using a Flamethrower attack, followed by Sky Uppercut. *Sorry For Double-Posting*

Hoenn Mirror Girl
07-09-2004, 03:41 AM
This is the worst thing that could happen to me!

Winona has...a shiny Swellow.

Now I have to do chapter 14 of HMW all over again...or at least the introduction of Aelita's mom.

This is just wrong... :cry:

And yes, I saw the info on Serebii's site. Now, I need to go back to sulking. *sulks*

Scorch Ry
07-11-2004, 07:20 PM
Actually, the rumors about her having a Shiny Swellow were true. I guess they wanted for her to have a shiny Swellow to replace her Altaria. I'm just wondering why Ash would use his Swellow and his GROVYLE. Grovyle won't even last to that Shiny Swellow, plus it has the deep disadvantage...I hope Winona does have an Altaria.

Hoenn Mirror Girl
07-11-2004, 10:44 PM
Actually, the rumors about her having a Shiny Swellow were true. I guess they wanted for her to have a shiny Swellow to replace her Altaria.
WHAT?! Aw, man... Now I REALLY have to do chpater 14 over.

Scorch Ry
07-12-2004, 05:47 PM
Yeah, it's disappointing when the anime changes it around. I bet Wallace's lineup won't even hold a Milotic in it, because that pokemon might be too powerful for Pikachu to beat. Now...Ash is silly for using Grovyle VS Shiny Swellow...I saw Grovyle performing a Leaf Blade attack, then the Shiny Swellow countered with a Hyper Beam...Grovyle is in some series trouble with that glistening bird!

KCash
07-12-2004, 10:07 PM
True Aley but we don't know what the other choice of pokemon Winona used. If she used her Skarmory and Ash chose Grovyle over Torkoal then he really is stupid. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

Scorch Ry
07-13-2004, 09:59 PM
Ash can't even think to use Pikachu! Pikachu could have swept the floors with Skarmory and Swellow. If she uses an Altaria...then his team is in trouble. But yeah, Grovyle was battling that Shiny Swellow...I saw the pic on Serebii. That makes you wonder what mon he'll use against Liza&Tate.

AbXtreme
07-14-2004, 05:16 PM
Ash also uses a Swellow against the Shiny Swellow as well, if u see the other picture

KCash
07-16-2004, 05:54 PM
Man I can't wait til this episode is released here in the U.S of A! This seemed to be one kickin' episode with lots of battling. I knew, like I said above, that Ash would have a reason to use Grovyle against Winona's Shiny Swellow. Grovyle put up a great fight against Winona's Altaria, figured she would have one. Then Pikachu and Pelliper drawing was a surprise to me.

Last but not least was the Shiny Swellow. Boy did it have power. What quick work it took for the Shiny Swellow to take care of Grovyle and then using awesome moves and attack combos against Ash's Swellow. Personally, I don't see how Ash won but of course he is the main character :rolleyes: :smile:

Can't wait til this episode comes out, really impressed with it.

AshMistyMayfan
07-16-2004, 05:59 PM
WHat? I said in one story that Winona has an Altaria! Don't tell me the Anime is giving her a shiny Swellow? I'm sure she has a Swellow in the game version, but COME ON, she needs ALtaria! This is devastating to us writers, Winona has to have Altaria.

Scorch Ry
07-16-2004, 06:04 PM
You're lucky, AMMF. Luckily, Serebii has the pictures, and Winona does have an Altaria. But, I have something to say about Ash.

Ash IMPRESSED me this episode. His Grovyle took a strong Dragonbreath attack from Altaria, then used Leaf Blade to end it. Her Pelipper was mighty strong, defeating Ash's Pikachu. However, Grovyle managed to defeat Pelipper, but failed to Winona's Shiny Swellow. YES, a SHINY SWELLOW. Then, Ash used Swellow that successfulyl defeated Winona's Shiny Swellow, earning him a badge. He's very impressive. This team is looking good and strong.

Hoenn Mirror Girl
07-16-2004, 10:18 PM
You're lucky, AMMF. Luckily, Serebii has the pictures, and Winona does have an Altaria. But, I have something to say about Ash.

Ash IMPRESSED me this episode. His Grovyle took a strong Dragonbreath attack from Altaria, then used Leaf Blade to end it. Her Pelipper was mighty strong, defeating Ash's Pikachu. However, Grovyle managed to defeat Pelipper, but failed to Winona's Shiny Swellow. YES, a SHINY SWELLOW. Then, Ash used Swellow that successfully defeated Winona's Shiny Swellow, earning him a badge. He's very impressive. This team is looking good and strong.
HALLEUJAH-NYO! Now I don't have to redo chapter 14. A lot of work (along with some stuff I picked up from watching all 26 episodes of the current season of Code: Lyoko) went into that.

EDIT: I just saw the pictures, and I'm surprised how ACCURATE I end up being. Ash's Grovyle defeats Altaria like Mariah's defeated XANA Harpy (but not in the same style). Looks like the anime writers noticed how desperate I was...

But WHY did they have to make Winona's Swellow shiny?! Is it because they read my fic and couldn't tell the difference between Aelita and her mom?

Okay. I'll stop being hysterical.

AshMistyMayfan
07-18-2004, 02:22 AM
So Ash won his 6th badge? WOw!
SO far it's 6 in Japan, only 2 for us Americans, and it took like forever to see Ash get that 2nd badge!

Glad Winona did have an Altaria, I thought they were screwing with the game for the fights have to be similar:
Roxanne had Geodude and Nosepass like the game
Brawley had Machop and Makuhita/then Hariyama, new version in turning Makuhita to Hariyama
Get a move on and give us the rest of the battles!

Any word on who teams with Ash against Magma and Aqua? Will it be May or Brock?

Scorch Ry
07-19-2004, 12:47 AM
Ash might not need to team up. It might possibly be May, since she now has that wonderful Combusken and Beautifly. All Ash needs is Pikachu, Grovyle and Swellow...Torkoal and Corphish need to prove some strength in battle!

AshMistyMayfan
07-20-2004, 04:56 PM
Reason I say Ash has to team up with somebody is ARchie and Maxie of TA and TM are surely not going to let Ash win over them and ruin their plans, and they can't have Ash in an unfair advantage so I say either May or Brock has to team with him. If Combusken has learned double kick, should take out the Mightyena army. Plus there's BOTH Kyogre and Groudon, you can't have Ash alone fighting 2 lengendary Pokemon in the Armageddon like scenes, toned a little probably due to the younger audience. It's different for Ash to fight the Mossdeep twins for he does have to send 2 Pokemon, but Archie and Maxie will have the odds with them, and there's still the legendary Pokemon.

Hoenn Mirror Girl
07-24-2004, 12:11 AM
http://www.serebii.net/anime/pictures/houen/362.shtml
What you may see there may shock you.

Ash's Torkoal. A Camerupt with TV equipment. Water.
What do these things have in common?

The group were helping a Camerupt cross a lake. A LAKE. And the last time I checked, lakes are made up of WATER and that's bad for Fire Pokemon. The fact that Camerupt's also a Ground-type and having eletrical equipment with it doesn't help either.

Feel free to look at Serebii's screenshot page and be just as baffled as I am.

Why don't they break the other laws of science while they're at it? :tongue:

EDIT: A giant Meowth! Yay!
But two Pichu were shooting at it... :cry:

DarkAeon
07-26-2004, 04:04 AM
I don't watch the show. It's not that I dislike it, it's just that it's not my cup of tea at the moment.

Scorch Ry
08-03-2004, 03:13 AM
The Lunatone episode was good, I guess. We finally saw a Lunatone, at nighttime, who came from space. We also saw that duo would tried to capture that Cleffa in the Johto Series. So, I guess it tops one of the more settled, adventurous episodes category. Open discussions about this episode.

Hoenn Mirror Girl
08-03-2004, 05:06 AM
The Lunatone episode was good, I guess. We finally saw a Lunatone, at nighttime, who came from space. We also saw that duo would tried to capture that Cleffa in the Johto Series. So, I guess it tops one of the more settled, adventurous episodes category. Open discussions about this episode.
That's a Lunatone...but where's the Solrock that goes with it?!

Oh, yeah. And the Pokemon Mystery Club return. P! M! C!

Scorch Ry
08-03-2004, 04:53 PM
I wonder what was that attack Lunatone used against the Pokemon Mystery Club...but it was nice to see it travel back to the moon where it was suppose to be with all of its Lunatone friends in space.

AbXtreme
08-17-2004, 02:42 PM
I wonder what was that attack Lunatone used against the Pokemon Mystery Club...but it was nice to see it travel back to the moon where it was suppose to be with all of its Lunatone friends in space.

and they all lived happily ever after, NEXT up

That Pikachu Joining Team Rocket Episode was funny XD
and now there in Lilycove (YAY They can really get down to business)

Scorch Ry
08-20-2004, 12:23 AM
Well, hopefully, May will do good in the Contest. What is really wanting to see is the episode where Ash fights Liza and Tate...I wonder what Pokemon he'll use against Solrock and Lunatone...it makes you wonder.

Hoenn Mirror Girl
08-20-2004, 12:29 AM
Well, hopefully, May will do good in the Contest. What is really wanting to see is the episode where Ash fights Liza and Tate...I wonder what Pokemon he'll use against Solrock and Lunatone...it makes you wonder.
Maybe Solrock and Lunatone will use some weird attack on...oh, let's say Grovyle. Pikachu tries to stop it, but somehow the attack made Grovyle evolve into a Sceptile. Sceptile goes ballistic and--

Oh, shoot. That's chapter 17 of Hoenn Mirror World. Stupid me.

Scorch Ry
08-20-2004, 12:37 AM
I'd say that Ash might transfer over a Pokemon because none of them can take down Lunatone and Solrock except Grovyle, and Grovyle can't do it by itself! Maybe he'll use Corphish? Perhaps it'll evolve during the battle.

Matthew
08-20-2004, 07:14 AM
I'd say that Ash might transfer over a Pokemon because none of them can take down Lunatone and Solrock except Grovyle, and Grovyle can't do it by itself! Maybe he'll use Corphish? Perhaps it'll evolve during the battle.

PRobably... I haven't been into the anime as much lately due to the repeats... but I think Ash should transfer... he'll have a better chance at winning... k I'm going to bed now... night y'all! Wait... not bed XD... I'm going to watch Resident Evil.

LolJolteonMaster
08-20-2004, 02:56 PM
I KNOW WHAT HAPPENED! It was my dream last night! Ash was napping, and then sprouted pretty wings and flew to kentucky! He shook Ken's hand, but Mrs. Tucky threw him in the oven. Lunatone and Solrock became mice, and May took a nap. Brock went to get KFC, and says, as he eats the chicken, "This reminds me of Ash." Then, ash will wake up from his dream and sprout wings!

Hoenn Mirror Girl
08-20-2004, 03:46 PM
I KNOW WHAT HAPPENED! It was my dream last night! Ash was napping, and then sprouted pretty wings and flew to kentucky! He shook Ken's hand, but Mrs. Tucky threw him in the oven. Lunatone and Solrock became mice, and May took a nap. Brock went to get KFC, and says, as he eats the chicken, "This reminds me of Ash." Then, ash will wake up from his dream and sprout wings!
Okay. That was pretty darn strange...even for me.

LolJolteonMaster
08-20-2004, 04:19 PM
You don't know da half of it! :goofy:

Half a Dollar
08-20-2004, 04:25 PM
Wtf...

Anyway, I saw one of the pictures for the new Japan eppy. Poor Chimecho. ;_;

LolJolteonMaster
08-20-2004, 04:31 PM
Eat cheese, prettyboy! *hurls balls of hot cheese at nick*

Half a Dollar
08-20-2004, 04:32 PM
Wtf? *counters back at her*

Anyway, the pic I saw, It showe Jessie holding Chimecho, and Chiecho looks scared, becuz it looks like Jessie will use Chimecho to break open a door. ;_;

LolJolteonMaster
08-20-2004, 04:36 PM
Die, Prettyboy! *hits cheese back at nicjk with baseball bat* Awww, no more death cheese! *throws bat at nick* *bat bounces off nicks head*

Hoenn Mirror Girl
08-20-2004, 05:58 PM
Wtf? *counters back at her*

Anyway, the pic I saw, It showe Jessie holding Chimecho, and Chiecho looks scared, becuz it looks like Jessie will use Chimecho to break open a door. ;_;
Either that or make it compete in the Contest against its will.

LolJolteonMaster
08-20-2004, 06:22 PM
*throws bathtub at JIG* Die, catwoman!

Hoenn Mirror Girl
08-20-2004, 10:23 PM
*throws bathtub at JIG* Die, catwoman!
*dodges*
Anyway, I personally don't think that Chimecho is contest worthy. Maybe a Skitty or a Vulpix, but not a Chimecho.

But then again, there's a chracter in an upcoming fan fic of mine who uses a Hitmontop in Pokemon Contests, and it didn't seem contest worthy to me! :silly:

Scorch Ry
08-21-2004, 02:45 AM
Wow, I'm going to check out those pictures at Serebii and see what challenge May is up against in the Lilycove Tournament.

Hoenn Mirror Girl
10-20-2004, 02:44 AM
*sighs* This thread has been dead for a while, and I think you guys should know this, so I'd better let it out.

TATE IS MALE! WHY? WHY DOES THIS HAVE TO HAPPEN TO ME?! IS IT BECAUSE NINTENDO HATES FANFIC WRITERS?! I ALREADY HAD TO REWRITE SOME OF THE PARTS IN CHAPTER 17 OF HOENN MIRROR WORLD! THEY'RE LUCKY THAT I DIDN'T ORIGINALLY THOUGHT ABOUT PUTTING THE PART WHERE CONNIE DESTROYS THE HOSPITAL TO BE IN IT!!!

... :redface:
Uh, I mean... Tate is a guy. Quite a surprise, eh? :tongue:

DancinPurpleNinetales
10-20-2004, 05:09 AM
is james gonna get n e new pokemon because currently, he sucks ... lol.. i love u jimmy!

Marill
10-30-2004, 05:49 PM
I've always wished that James would get a Zangoose, because then Jessie and James would fight constantly. But it wouldn't surprise me to see Butch and Cassidy return, with Cassidy having one instead.

DancinPurpleNinetales
10-31-2004, 08:42 PM
I've always wished that James would get a Zangoose, because then Jessie and James would fight constantly. But it wouldn't surprise me to see Butch and Cassidy return, with Cassidy having one instead.

omg cassidy having one....awesome thought! :wink: lol

Scorch Ry
10-31-2004, 09:26 PM
*sighs* This thread has been dead for a while, and I think you guys should know this, so I'd better let it out.

TATE IS MALE! WHY? WHY DOES THIS HAVE TO HAPPEN TO ME?! IS IT BECAUSE NINTENDO HATES FANFIC WRITERS?! I ALREADY HAD TO REWRITE SOME OF THE PARTS IN CHAPTER 17 OF HOENN MIRROR WORLD! THEY'RE LUCKY THAT I DIDN'T ORIGINALLY THOUGHT ABOUT PUTTING THE PART WHERE CONNIE DESTROYS THE HOSPITAL TO BE IN IT!!!

... :redface:
Uh, I mean... Tate is a guy. Quite a surprise, eh? :tongue:

Actually, I wasn't expecting for two girls to be Gym Leaders. And, Tate really doesn't sound like a girl's name, once you think about it. Then, in a way, it does sound like a girl's name, but you would never see a girl have that name. So, it wasn't a surprise to me that much...a bit shocking, but not a surprise.

Hoenn Mirror Girl
11-01-2004, 01:03 AM
Actually, I wasn't expecting for two girls to be Gym Leaders. And, Tate really doesn't sound like a girl's name, once you think about it. Then, in a way, it does sound like a girl's name, but you would never see a girl have that name. So, it wasn't a surprise to me that much...a bit shocking, but not a surprise.
That's you, I guess. Meow.

AshMistyMayfan
11-06-2004, 10:23 PM
Let me comment on Mossdeep. Tate may be a male name, but those are girls out there, not twin boy and twin girl. If the voice on the Japanese version was two girls, then they got the story right. But if one is male, the other is female, they're doing it wrong and Japan generally follows the game when it comes to leaders. I am possitive Tate is a girl and those are twin girls of MOssdeep. When I read their words on the game, I can hear both their voices saying they're twins and they think what the other is thinking.

Hoenn Mirror Girl
11-06-2004, 11:35 PM
Let me comment on Mossdeep. Tate may be a male name, but those are girls out there, not twin boy and twin girl. If the voice on the Japanese version was two girls, then they got the story right. But if one is male, the other is female, they're doing it wrong and Japan generally follows the game when it comes to leaders. I am possitive Tate is a girl and those are twin girls of MOssdeep. When I read their words on the game, I can hear both their voices saying they're twins and they think what the other is thinking.
I've seen a bit of Tate and Liza battling each other in the space center episodes. From the male-sounding voice, Tate is 100% male.

Oh, the agony... The pain...
I think I should give up fan fic writing. This is too much.

AshMistyMayfan
11-08-2004, 04:22 AM
Isn't that going to be a little weird to say a brother and sister share the gym, alone, no family? Tate has to have a female voice or they have the story all wrong. The Mossdeep twins are girls, twin girls, not a boy and girl. Yes, I admit there are twin boys and girls, but it shouldn't be told on Pokemon. I feel when I take them on, I'm taking on girls, not a boy and girl.

Hoenn Mirror Girl
11-08-2004, 04:32 AM
Isn't that going to be a little weird to say a brother and sister share the gym, alone, no family? Tate has to have a female voice or they have the story all wrong. The Mossdeep twins are girls, twin girls, not a boy and girl. Yes, I admit there are twin boys and girls, but it shouldn't be told on Pokemon. I feel when I take them on, I'm taking on girls, not a boy and girl.
Perhaps I should give you some proof. I'll give you the episode. Or better yet, ask A&K (Ash & Kyogre), because that's who'd I got it from.

And yes, they have a dad. That surprised me as well... :tongue:

Scorch Ry
11-21-2004, 11:33 PM
Yeah, Tate is definitely 100% male. I was a bit shocked as well, but it does kinda bring them out more. I mean, most people would expect two girls or two boys, but having one of each being twins? That has to be unique, and that's probably why they changed it.

I just can't wait to see what Ash's last Pokemon will be...not unless he already has it...*Checks SPP*

Hoenn Mirror Girl
11-22-2004, 03:38 AM
The last Pokemon is rumored to be a Snorunt.

AshMistyMayfan
11-22-2004, 07:10 PM
I still say those should be two girls on the Mossdeep twins. Now the story seems flawed. I just can't picture a boy and girl twins. Yes, it can happen, but I can't see it on Pokemon. Does it mean when you fight the Mossdeep twins in the game, that's a boy and girl team?

Scorch Ry
11-23-2004, 12:48 AM
AMMF, you probably cannot picture boy/girl twins on Anime because you maybe never seem them before. And no, Tate and Liza could both be girls on the game. The Anime mostly refers to game, but with slight differences. For example, the Fortree Gym Battle (Winona's Shiny Swellow), and the Petalburg Gym Battle (Norman's Slakoth and Flamethrower-using Vigoroth, O_O) But the Anime is most accurate to the game, but with slight, more interesting differences. And as for Ash's last Pokemon...a Snorunt? Meh, if he gets that, I'll really go crazy.

He already has a powerful Corphish that we're all waiting for to evolve, but yet an ice-type Pokemon? It's basically a frozen-version of a water-type Pokemon, >_>;. A Bagon, Trapinch or Swablu would have been perfect for him; I want to see if Ash has the skills of handling a dragon-type Pokemon.

AshMistyMayfan
11-27-2004, 04:43 AM
Thanks for pointing that one out. It's just a little hard to see a boy and girl who are twins running a gym, it's just a little bit rare for me to see something like that. When I look at Tate, well, it's the hair that sort of made me think that's a girl. If a few boys in that particular Japan region wear hair like that, it's just something new like eel and shark fin that are eaten.

Japan episode 385, might have Ash getting a Snorunt, check Serebii.
I almost wonder, will 400 be the absolute last episode of Pokemon before they move on to this next chapter, which may not include Ash?

Ash has done great in evolving his 2 team members, but corphish should also evolve. Torkoal has to learn Curse/Heat Wave shouldn't it?

Scorch Ry
11-27-2004, 08:37 PM
Yeah, that episode that is entitled "Catch Snorunt" indicates that Ash has caught a Snorunt. And, the episode endings show Brock with a Ludicolor, and Ash with the Snorunt on this team. And I don't think Torkoal will be learning Curse because I've never seen it used on the Anime (As well as Absord and Giga Drain, O_O)

Half a Dollar
11-27-2004, 08:46 PM
Lol, it is pretty cool Ash gets a Snorunt, but dang, Ludicolo owns. I'd love to see him in the anime once it shows in America.

AshMistyMayfan
01-15-2005, 05:30 AM
I just read that Max meets a Ralts and they become great friends, but then sadly, Max has to give the Pokemon back. Oh the agony of HOenn when one encounters a Pokemon, but they are from a family like May's encounter of the Swablu and it had family. You think that Max would deserve a Ralts and a Jirachi for his team and May gets a Swablu for her team, writers are crummy at times on Max/May, tease them with additional or to get a pokemon, and then take it away from them.

DNukem170
02-18-2005, 01:34 AM
I just finished watching the raw of latest episode in Japan, called "Chaotic Free for All! Pokémon Contest Kinagi Tournament (Part 1)" and I'm worried about what 4Kids will do to it.

Simply put: Jynx is in it.

And unlike its last appearence (which was all of 15 seconds and could be cut easily), this one has Jynx figuring into the plotline (as it's the female one-timer's main Pokémon, it blows away Team Rocket and actually participating in the Contest). True, Jynx's skin is purple instead of black, but it's still Jynx. Kids' WB! could cut this and the next episode, but this 2-parter is where May gets her final Ribbon, which would be very damaging to the plot.

However, let me say that Jessie saying "HELLO EBERIBODI!" and the MC saying "RADIES AND GENTALUMEN!" is hilarious.

And for the 2nd time in 5 episodes, we get "Ready Go!" as an insert song...

Blaziken Trainer
02-19-2005, 01:07 AM
I just finished watching the raw of latest episode in Japan, called "Chaotic Free for All! Pokémon Contest Kinagi Tournament (Part 1)" and I'm worried about what 4Kids will do to it.

Simply put: Jynx is in it.

And unlike its last appearence (which was all of 15 seconds and could be cut easily), this one has Jynx figuring into the plotline (as it's the female one-timer's main Pokémon, it blows away Team Rocket and actually participating in the Contest). True, Jynx's skin is purple instead of black, but it's still Jynx. Kids' WB! could cut this and the next episode, but this 2-parter is where May gets her final Ribbon, which would be very damaging to the plot.

However, let me say that Jessie saying "HELLO EBERIBODI!" and the MC saying "RADIES AND GENTALUMEN!" is hilarious.

And for the 2nd time in 5 episodes, we get "Ready Go!" as an insert song...

Yeah, I don't like Jynx either.

Scorch Ry
02-20-2005, 01:18 AM
Yeah, the Pacifilodge Convention saga seems like it is going be based on a Skitty vs. Jynx battle, and I really hope Skitty wins. I'm not a fan of Jynx, although happy to see one since a very long time [Orange Islands] Any predictions about who is going to win the Pacifilodge Convention? I think May will lose to that Shadow Ball-using Houndoom.

LuigiWithCheese
02-20-2005, 01:27 PM
I've seen a bit of Tate and Liza battling each other in the space center episodes. From the male-sounding voice, Tate is 100% male.

:happy: I thought Bugsy was a girl in Pokemon Stadium 2...

...and I still think he is. :tongue:

Firion
02-20-2005, 08:44 PM
I never knew Bugsy or Tate were boys. I always thought they were girls :eek: :eh: .

Hoenn Mirror Girl
02-21-2005, 03:39 AM
I never knew Bugsy or Tate were boys. I always thought they were girls :eek: :eh: .
I really didn't have much thought on Bugsy.

Tate, on the other hand... :ermm:

Scorch Ry
03-05-2005, 04:35 PM
Yeah, the name throws you off, but I kinda had a feeling it would be stupid to have same-sex twins. Having a boy and girl twinset would be odd, but interesting to see/watch. Now, I loved that last episode aired in Japan, that was outstanding battling for May's Skitty.

pkmon-123
08-13-2005, 10:56 AM
thats what i fought lol :oops:

Edward Elric
11-02-2005, 08:51 PM
The very instant I saw Tate, I thought "Meh, that's a girl!" But when I head his voice I said "Mabey it's like Envy, he has a woman's voice and he's a guy." Then Liza said that he was her (little XD) brother. I was shocked.

alice_the_dratini
04-14-2006, 08:47 PM
I first saw Bugsy out of pokemon crystal and I had know idea he was a boy till I saw him in the anime. Also, the name Bugsy sounds a bit girly.

Blue Thunder
04-15-2006, 12:29 PM
Tate, A BOY!!!!!!!????????

ouch my head hurts

alice_the_dratini
04-15-2006, 02:52 PM
I knew that Tate was a boy when I first saw him.

blue101
04-15-2006, 02:54 PM
:eek: woa i always thought bugsy was a girl

Edward Elric
05-25-2006, 12:31 AM
I always knew bugsy was a guy.

RedRoninMan
08-12-2006, 04:24 PM
Yeah, I thought bugsy was a girl but I knew tate was a boy. I just couldnt tell tate and liza apart...

RouteMaster
09-05-2006, 06:34 PM
The Deciding Match against Regice, anyone seen it? What do you think, I really enjoyed it.

Scorch Ry
09-30-2006, 03:04 AM
The Deciding Match against Regice, anyone seen it? What do you think, I really enjoyed it.
It was a really good battle, in my opinion. Pikachu served it to him -- what a deadly Volt Tackle attack.

And now...the Diamond/Pearl series has begun! Anyone saw the episodes or saw the pictures?

RouteMaster
09-30-2006, 12:54 PM
I've seen some of the pictures and a few clips from the show. I got to say I'm impressed.

Sixto
10-01-2006, 06:13 AM
You can watch the first 3 new Pokémon episodes from the Shinou Diamond/Pearl League on YouTube...:silenced:

Marill
10-01-2006, 04:16 PM
You can watch the first 3 new Pokémon episodes from the Shinou Diamond/Pearl League on YouTube...:silenced:
Are they fansubbed or are nothing at all? Are their episodes of Battle Frontier on their as well?

Sixto
10-02-2006, 04:26 AM
Are they fansubbed or are nothing at all? Are their episodes of Battle Frontier on their as well?
A fan submitted them. I don't know about Pokémon Frontier episodes though.

RouteMaster
10-04-2006, 07:18 PM
I'm looking forward to next week's episode. I didn't expect to take a liking to it immediately but I have.

BTW: do the Diamond/Pearl episodes have opening credits?

ZadokRox
11-16-2006, 08:17 PM
Speaking of D/P episodes, I just read something on Serebii regarding the latest D/P episode airing in Japan. Seems as if Hikari catches a Mimiroru. Now the thing that bugs me about this is that this Mimiroru knows Ice Beam. :rolleyes:

First May gets a Skitty that knows Blizzard, now Hikari catches a Mimiroru that somehow knows Ice Beam. What is it with characters catching pre-evolved Pokemon that know these super moves that they couldn't learn by leveling. Do trainers come by and drop off powerful TM moves for the wild Pokemon to learn? What's next, a wild Shuckle that knows Earthquake?

tigerpaws19
12-29-2006, 05:26 PM
NO!NO!NO!U R all wrong.I kno that Ashes last pokemon will be Mew.:mad: sorry:oops: ,I get alittle carried away sometimes.:crackup: But like I wuz saying Ashes last Pokemon is gonna be Mew.'cause
I have a cousin who is a member of a Pokemon club and his friend's dad works at the Pokemon Production place......k?:eh: :goofy: :doh: :wall: :tongue3: :dance: :oops: :razz: :oops: :tongue: :oops: :dazed: :oops: :sleepy: :oops:

tigerpaws19
12-29-2006, 05:30 PM
hi.do u kno how 2 get a banner?

RouteMaster
12-29-2006, 05:39 PM
hi.do u kno how 2 get a banner?

This isn't the place to ask that and try not to double post.

And I think the stage is set for that super-powerful Schuckle anytime now. :oops:

tigerpaws19
12-29-2006, 09:48 PM
This isn't the place to ask that and try not to double post.

And I think the stage is set for that super-powerful Schuckle anytime now. :oops:
whats with the Onix?how'dja get it?are there more?,oh,not an Onix are there Pichus'?

Missingno mystery
12-30-2006, 04:50 PM
whats with the Onix?how'dja get it?are there more?,oh,not an Onix are there Pichus'?

Once again, try to stay on topic. Please ask personal question like to the person you'd like a private message. I'll PM you with some places to go for animations like that so you can see how they work.

I have to agree with you a bit, that they probably won't get rid of Ash till he catches a legendary. Maybe not Mew exactly, cause theres been rumors around for a while that Ho-oh is Ash's dad (I know, pretty wacky isn't it), but that is the one he saw in the first episode (animaters mistake), and in the 3rd season, and was mention'd just a few eps ago...

tigerpaws19
12-30-2006, 06:48 PM
Once again, try to stay on topic. Please ask personal question like to the person you'd like a private message. I'll PM you with some places to go for animations like that so you can see how they work.

I have to agree with you a bit, that they probably won't get rid of Ash till he catches a legendary. Maybe not Mew exactly, cause theres been rumors around for a while that Ho-oh is Ash's dad (I know, pretty wacky isn't it), but that is the one he saw in the first episode (animaters mistake), and in the 3rd season, and was mention'd just a few eps ago...
you know Ho-oh did'nt exist back in the 2nd season, but I just happened to think that Ho-oh flew over Ash for a special reason.

tigerpaws19
12-30-2006, 07:04 PM
Tate seems to be a male name to me,but i know that i could be a female's name too.

tigerpaws19
12-30-2006, 07:06 PM
I knew Bugsy was a boy but Tate....not really.:wink2:

tigerpaws19
12-30-2006, 08:10 PM
waz up?anybody there?:susp:

Dark Charizard
12-30-2006, 08:17 PM
waz up?anybody there?:susp:

I think you should stop. Don't quaduple post. *Contacts you on PM*

tigerpaws19
12-30-2006, 08:18 PM
:thpoke_156: well......:susp: ......I have the game Pokemon Stadium 2 and I've beat the Gym leader castle 30 times and everytime I checked Bugsy was a boy!:sweat: :mrgreen: :banana:

Neo Emolga
12-30-2006, 11:57 PM
:thpoke_156: well......:susp: ......I have the game Pokemon Stadium 2 and I've beat the Gym leader castle 30 times and everytime I checked Bugsy was a boy!:sweat: :mrgreen: :banana:

Either quit with the pointless, quadruple posting or expect a ban, because this is really getting pretty idiotic...

This is your last warning, next time its a definite ban because you've already been warned by two mods.

Pikachu_Ridin_Silverwind
01-05-2007, 01:48 PM
i hate it when people spoil stuff like episodes or games so why cant people keep there mouths shut:silenced: and stop bragging :angry:

RouteMaster
01-06-2007, 02:12 PM
I just saw the Nuzleaf episode (14). I've got to say I was really surprised that Bonsly evolved; I wasn't expecting that, but even better is it seems to be quite strong! I look forward to seeing how this works out, it's about time Brock had a strong Pokemon again.

Kaze
01-12-2007, 04:28 PM
Hm. I was looking at the pictures of the newest episode in Japan where Shinji faces the Rock-type Gym Leader (whose name escapes my mind). It seems that the people producing the anime have still ignored type immunities. That Elekid fainted Geodude and hit Onix with what was probably a Thunderpunch (or some electric attack). *shakes head* XD

pokemaster202
01-13-2007, 05:30 AM
i just watched the mimiroru episode Ash is soooo greeeeedy:crackup:

RouteMaster
01-13-2007, 08:10 PM
Hm. I was looking at the pictures of the newest episode in Japan where Shinji faces the Rock-type Gym Leader (whose name escapes my mind). It seems that the people producing the anime have still ignored type immunities. That Elekid fainted Geodude and hit Onix with what was probably a Thunderpunch (or some electric attack). *shakes head* XD

I agree, it reminds me of Pikachu fainting Geodude with Thunder. I can understand that they might argue that type isn't as important in the anime but surely common sense would tell you that electricity could not be used against rock?

EDIT: just saw the episode. If anyone else has, what do you think that attack was that Onix was using when it started to glow? I'm thinking maybe Double-edge, but I don't know.

Deoxys2000
02-06-2007, 04:25 PM
Can Someone Tell Me Where Can I Watch The Japanese Episodes?

Missingno mystery
02-07-2007, 12:34 PM
Can Someone Tell Me Where Can I Watch The Japanese Episodes?

Go to www.youtube.com and do a search. I've never been able to find them, but then again it would take about 5 hours for half an ep to load on my stupid dail-up :dazed: !

Deoxys2000
02-13-2007, 04:47 PM
Go to www.youtube.com and do a search. I've never been able to find them, but then again it would take about 5 hours for half an ep to load on my stupid dail-up :dazed: !
Yeah I Watched Weavile's Half (><) Episode.

stokeyblokey
02-13-2007, 06:30 PM
i wish i was japanese,i'd be playing pokemon dp now....

what did you think of pokemon movie 8??

i watch it every day...(i love it)

-Starly-
02-16-2007, 03:21 AM
i hate it when people spoil stuff like episodes or games so why cant people keep there mouths shut:silenced: and stop bragging :angry:
Isn't this not the Spoiler Chit-Chat Thread?

~~~~~

Time to spoil everyone who hasn't watched the recent episodes =):

I think Pachirisu made the episode. It's jittery attitude and the plain fact that it shocks Hikari's hair made it one of my favorite Pokémon in the team.

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o205/ffluver25/GIFs/Pachirisu.gif
XD at Hikari

Can't wait for the next episode. Pokémon Hunter J turning Pikachu to stone = WIN

Pokeboy sarab
03-13-2007, 08:24 AM
Isn't this not the Spoiler Chit-Chat Thread?

~~~~~

Time to spoil everyone who hasn't watched the recent episodes =):

I think Pachirisu made the episode. It's jittery attitude and the plain fact that it shocks Hikari's hair made it one of my favorite Pokémon in the team.

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o205/ffluver25/GIFs/Pachirisu.gif
XD at Hikari

Can't wait for the next episode. Pokémon Hunter J turning Pikachu to stone = WIN
XD hillarious poor Hikari!

Anyway I found it very interesring that Aipom defeated Pachrusu under Jessie's control.

RouteMaster
04-08-2007, 08:01 PM
I see there's a new ending for DP, a different version of Hikari's Theme with updated pictures and things. I think it's great, I'm liking it alot. :cool:

Pochamalover92
04-08-2007, 08:06 PM
well you cant expect much from a pokemon being controled by teamrocket...o a nd i miss teh hikari theme song..i go it down loaded on i-pod...and teh i think season nine theme heres al link to it...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9UQyJeZ4s4...it translates to spurt...really weird...anyway back on track, i cant wair t to see driffloon and the northwind messanger and satoshi and hikari...saved by a doulbe battle

Ketamine
04-23-2007, 08:37 AM
Holy moly i jsut watched the first 3 episodes of D/P in english! The start sucks sooo bad the song is... ughhh. Also Dawns voice is like friken Mickey Mouse!(or minnie Mouse) Pm me for a link as i wont post it here :P

newGuy123
04-26-2007, 03:29 AM
up!observe this thread.<p><p><p>----------------------------------------<p>free finance books (http://free-book.58search.com/htmlpage/cList3.html)

Rizadon
05-13-2007, 03:42 AM
I think ash gets buizel!! And thats my guess

Psychic Oats
05-13-2007, 03:44 AM

Yeah, buizel seems like the sort of Pokemon Ash would get. Brock is probably gonna get a Shellos.

-Starly-
05-13-2007, 05:16 AM

Yeah, buizel seems like the sort of Pokemon Ash would get. Brock is probably gonna get a Shellos.
And you'd be wrong.

AshMistyMayfan
05-13-2007, 06:11 AM
What other Pokemon does Hikari/Dawn have her eye on?

RouteMaster
05-14-2007, 04:16 PM
What other Pokemon does Hikari/Dawn have her eye on?

I don't know. I'd like to see her with a grass type next, like Cherubi.

Snork
05-17-2007, 09:01 PM
EDIT: just saw the episode. If anyone else has, what do you think that attack was that Onix was using when it started to glow? I'm thinking maybe Double-edge, but I don't know.

I'm not quite sure what attack you mean...
The attack it used on Pikachu to smash it backwards into a rock? I believe that was Screech.

-Starly-
05-17-2007, 10:51 PM
I'm not quite sure what attack you mean...
The attack it used on Pikachu to smash it backwards into a rock? I believe that was Screech.
I believe he was referring to the attack that it used to knock out Naetle in the first battle and yes, that is Double Edge.

Phantom Kat
06-13-2007, 06:50 AM
I don't know. I'd like to see her with a grass type next, like Cherubi.

Cherubi does seem like a pokemon Dawn would get, especially since she's a coordinator.

Blaziken91
06-13-2007, 03:39 PM
Ash won't catch a Buizel, Dawn will. Eventually!

Will Ash catch a Ponyta or will he call back his old fire-friends to be in his team???? In every season he's had a fire-type.

And I think Ash will catch a Shellos, it will probably remind him of Lapras!

ZaruRed
06-13-2007, 04:42 PM

Will Ash catch a Ponyta or will he call back his old fire-friends to be in his team???? In every season he's had a fire-type.

Yes dawn will but I doubt that ash will catch a shellos. I do know that Brock will hatch a happiny and catch a Croagunk.

Phantom Kat
06-14-2007, 02:22 AM

I don't think Ash will catch a Ponyta, all the pokemon he has ever had were exclusively to that region (if memory serves). He won't get a Chimchar since Paul has one.

What will he catch?

AshMistyMayfan
07-07-2007, 09:52 PM
Here's my guess on if Ash gets a water Pokemon:

They can go Mantyke. Now, Brock has Happiny AKA Chansey as it MIGHT evolve. Ash could get a Mantyke/Mantine. Of course thing is with Mantyke, they'd need a Remoraid to make it evolve.
Shellos of East or West

Those Pokemon to the best of my knowledge have not been mentioned.

Scorch Ry
07-08-2007, 12:31 AM
Yeah, a Shellos might be cool for Ash to have. But I loved to see him with a Hippopotas...although I have a strange feeling Brock might get it. But I'm just wondering when Ash's Aipom will evolve into an Ambipom.

BladeTest
07-08-2007, 12:39 AM
Yeah, a Shellos might be cool for Ash to have. But I loved to see him with a Hippopotas...although I have a strange feeling Brock might get it. But I'm just wondering when Ash's Aipom will evolve into an Ambipom.Of course his Aipom will evolve into Ambipom, why else would he even keep Ambipom.

~BT~

Scorch Ry
07-08-2007, 03:17 AM
Yeah, that's exactly what I am thinking, as for I wondered that during the last Hoenn episode before the D/P Pokemon were revealed (I knew it was awkward for Aipom to come, and I had a great feeling that he'd have an evolution, which he does) but I just don't want the anime to pull any stunts.

What I'd like to know is what's going to happen in the Champion Cynthia episode. o_o;

AshMistyMayfan
07-08-2007, 06:15 PM
Cynthia is coming! Cynthia is coming on episode 508 in Japan! Oh man, I can't wait to watch it on the site I go to, but can't mention here. I hope she'll get a cool voice, and I Hope for once that Ash gets to take on the head honcho. They didn't put Ash against Stephen far as I know.

I like the music they put on when gamers take on Cynthia, that's cool.

I thought episode 38 was interesting like the Nurse Joy lost her spunk or something at the Pokecenter. I never thought in a million years that could happen, a Nurse Joy losing her spunk to care for Pokemon, that was just shocking!

I liked watching Ash's battle with Roark, that was great! I eagerly look forward to the battle with Gardenia.

RouteMaster
07-08-2007, 07:01 PM
Ash's battle with Gardenia is very good, one of my favourite gym battles of all the seasons of Pokemon. It really is great to see they're making Ash struggle at this stage because it makes for far more exciting gym battles. He hasn't beaten a gym leader in Sinnoh on his first attempt yet!

Caecity
07-08-2007, 07:06 PM
I love Roark Cranios/Rampardos..^^ it's awesome..^^

RouteMaster
07-08-2007, 07:11 PM
I love Roark Cranios/Rampardos..^^ it's awesome..^^

Yeah that's a great couple of battles. I really love in Ash's first battle against Roark the BGM playing when Onix defeated Pikachu with its Dragonbreath attack. For me if there's good BGM in any battle it's always going to be one of my favourites. :cool:

Caecity
07-08-2007, 08:28 PM
Yeah that's a great couple of battles. I really love in Ash's first battle against Roark the BGM playing when Onix defeated Pikachu with its Dragonbreath attack. For me if there's good BGM in any battle it's always going to be one of my favourites. :cool:

I know...^^ Plus I love how they have these Gym Leader harder for Ash, unlike some season of the show...*cough* Hoenn*cough*

Aquila
07-08-2007, 08:53 PM
Actually Onix defeated Pikachu with screech, at least according to the dub.

As for the gym battles, while it is cool that Ash struggles and all, it strikes me as somewhat unrealistic that Ash would struggle to this extent given how many gym battles he's been able to win before without having rematches. Either the Sinnoh gym leaders are a whole lot smarter and have more well trained pokemon or Ash has gotten a whole lot dumber.

Still, I do think that the the battles in Sinnoh have been some of the best I've seen in the series.

lucky5511
07-08-2007, 09:17 PM
O yes sinnoh battles have been the best by far.

Caecity
07-08-2007, 09:58 PM
^^ I can't wait for the rest of the battles...^^

AshMistyMayfan
07-08-2007, 10:10 PM
I liked the Roark battle and Brock's analogy of what a gym leader does in battles like that as in testing the players courage. Even in playing the games myself, I had trying battles in gyms 1, 2 and 3. I really had to level up. When I can down Pokemon in one shot, that means my training in my Bret Hart chamber went EXCELLENT for my teams. I think having/challenging Ash to reach down deep in himself is making the show great. I liked how Ash was trying to figure out how to beat the Rampardos, and his plan worked. I think the Rampardos in being too big jumped too high while the Turtwig easily went underneath and KOed it with Razor Leaf. I think Ash also learned in some of the attacks to score some CRITICAL hits, that should also help out. If Aipom can learn Double Hit/evolve, think of how far it'll really go.

lucky5511
07-08-2007, 10:14 PM
Yeah ash is really maturing in this series. Thats one thing I'm happy about. Now only if his pokemon will evolve >-<

RouteMaster
07-09-2007, 06:51 PM
Actually Onix defeated Pikachu with screech, at least according to the dub.

As for the gym battles, while it is cool that Ash struggles and all, it strikes me as somewhat unrealistic that Ash would struggle to this extent given how many gym battles he's been able to win before without having rematches. Either the Sinnoh gym leaders are a whole lot smarter and have more well trained pokemon or Ash has gotten a whole lot dumber.

Still, I do think that the the battles in Sinnoh have been some of the best I've seen in the series.

Screech? Really? Sorry about the misinformation, I have only seen the Japanese version and seeing as Onix used Screech offensively I assumed it was a Dragonbreath attack. It would make more sense. :oops:

Yeah I hear what you're saying, that seems to be the general opinion I've encountered. How does the new champion of the Battle Frontier lose against run-of-the-mill gym leaders? I don't know, perhaps he really is getting dumber. :crackup: I think they may be highlighting that so much has changed for the Sinnoh region that for trainers like Ash it's pretty much like starting again, but as long as he keeps losing and improving and as long as we keep being treated to some great battles you won't hear me complaining! :cool:

BladeTest
07-09-2007, 08:55 PM
Yeah ash is really maturing in this series. Thats one thing I'm happy about. Now only if his pokemon will evolve >-<Why does everyone want Ash's Pokemon to evolve? There stronger then any other fully evolved Pokemon.

~BT~

-Starly-
07-09-2007, 11:00 PM
Why does everyone want Ash's Pokemon to evolve? There stronger then any other fully evolved Pokemon.

~BT~
Because no one wants to see his Shinou team become the deus ex machina-ness that is the Kantou team.

Scorch Ry
07-12-2007, 03:48 AM
Why does everyone want Ash's Pokemon to evolve? There stronger then any other fully evolved Pokemon.

~BT~
Because it's really awkward that he basic Pokemon are able to thrash and throw around fully-evolved Pokemon so easily as though they were completely evolved, and they are not. It's possible, just completely eccentric. It'd also be a change and it might give Ash an actual challenge to train a fully-evolved team. I don't see him challenging himself when he trained his Kanto team, just battled, helped them learn new attacks, and they were able to beat down a lot of things a basic Pokemon can't. Seemed very unrealistic in some cases, especially Pikachu and Drake's Dragonite.

Aquila
07-12-2007, 05:29 AM
Pikachu beating Drake's dragonite was completely realistic, IMO. For one, Dragonite was tired from taking out like four of Ash's pokemon, so one nasty thunderbolt should be enough to finish it off. For another, pikachu took advantage of its small size to get Dragonite in a position to where it could not defend itself against pikachu's attacks. Even if it tried to fly to shake pikachu off, it was probably too tired to fly all that fast.

And you can't really determine realism off the game's logic. The game doesn't factor in half the things the anime does.

Caecity
07-12-2007, 02:48 PM
ughh I hate Logic but aimnes not like game battling and stuff.

Scorch Ry
07-13-2007, 03:10 AM
Pikachu beating Drake's dragonite was completely realistic, IMO. For one, Dragonite was tired from taking out like four of Ash's pokemon, so one nasty thunderbolt should be enough to finish it off. For another, pikachu took advantage of its small size to get Dragonite in a position to where it could not defend itself against pikachu's attacks. Even if it tried to fly to shake pikachu off, it was probably too tired to fly all that fast.

And you can't really determine realism off the game's logic. The game doesn't factor in half the things the anime does.
I know you can't factor in realism, but it still just doesn't make sense to me. They make it seem as though Pikachu has such a powerful special attack and in the games, he doesn't. I can understand Dragonite taking normal damage from Pikachu's Thunderbolt and Thunder assaults, but hell, it is a dragon nevertheless. It didn't make sense to me as to how such an attack could end a dragon, as dragons are some of the most versatile and strongest creatures of the Pokemon world. The strategy was clever and realistic, but a Pikachu ACTUALLY defeating a Dragonite didn't seem very likely, unless the Dragonite was hanging on the last threads of its energy and power. Otherwise, any other dragon would have easily bounced back and fought against it. They just make Ash's pokemon seem so powerful and it's time to put that to a stop, which is why I'm completely glad he's losing against the Sinnoh Gym Leaders. ^.^

AshMistyMayfan
07-13-2007, 06:49 AM
Cynthia was on this week's Pokemon in Japan, and we're now like close to 20 episodes behind the Japan animation!:eek: I can't believe how close we've now gotten from 1.5 years, to 1 year, and now 20 episodes!:eek:

I liked the episode about Aipom teaming up with Jessie. That was something to have Ash feeling so down about Aipom possibly defecting...until it really wanted those bananas like an ordinary monkey!:crackup: Never take away a monkey's food.

Aquila
07-13-2007, 04:44 PM
I know you can't factor in realism, but it still just doesn't make sense to me. They make it seem as though Pikachu has such a powerful special attack and in the games, he doesn't. I can understand Dragonite taking normal damage from Pikachu's Thunderbolt and Thunder assaults, but hell, it is a dragon nevertheless. It didn't make sense to me as to how such an attack could end a dragon, as dragons are some of the most versatile and strongest creatures of the Pokemon world. The strategy was clever and realistic, but a Pikachu ACTUALLY defeating a Dragonite didn't seem very likely, unless the Dragonite was hanging on the last threads of its energy and power. Otherwise, any other dragon would have easily bounced back and fought against it. They just make Ash's pokemon seem so powerful and it's time to put that to a stop, which is why I'm completely glad he's losing against the Sinnoh Gym Leaders. ^.^

A pikachu's Special Attack doesn't really apply because stats don't exist in the anime. Pokemon can squeeze out more power into one attack if they have the will and the strenght, and their stength cannot be gauged in the anime by one single number. Besides, from the very beginning of the show it was clear pikachu has a surprisingly strong electric attack. You can't say that Thunderbolt pikachu gave Dragonite wasn't really nasty after seeing it, can you? Combine that with how weakened Dragonite was and you've got yourself a fainted pokemon, dragon or not. I mean, what makes you think that a Dragonite that had to expend a lot of energy taking out about four pokemon before pikachu could stand up to an electric attack that nasty? I know he's a dragon, which are obviously strong types, that's why it was able to take out so many of Ash's pokemon by itself, but it can only take so much!

Ash's pokemon are supposed to be powerful because he has the work ethic to train them to be stronger than what you'd expect and because he has enough ingenuity to use them in unexpected ways. I'm not going to say that Ash has not had his share of unrealistic victories though.

Scorch Ry
07-13-2007, 10:20 PM
A pikachu's Special Attack doesn't really apply because stats don't exist in the anime. Pokemon can squeeze out more power into one attack if they have the will and the strenght, and their stength cannot be gauged in the anime by one single number. Besides, from the very beginning of the show it was clear pikachu has a surprisingly strong electric attack. You can't say that Thunderbolt pikachu gave Dragonite wasn't really nasty after seeing it, can you? Combine that with how weakened Dragonite was and you've got yourself a fainted pokemon, dragon or not. I mean, what makes you think that a Dragonite that had to expend a lot of energy taking out about four pokemon before pikachu could stand up to an electric attack that nasty? I know he's a dragon, which are obviously strong types, that's why it was able to take out so many of Ash's pokemon by itself, but it can only take so much!

Ash's pokemon are supposed to be powerful because he has the work ethic to train them to be stronger than what you'd expect and because he has enough ingenuity to use them in unexpected ways. I'm not going to say that Ash has not had his share of unrealistic victories though.
^.^;; Yeah, I guess so now that I think about it. I guess it's just weird for me seeing such a pokemon take down a Dragonite, even though the dragon was severely worn down from the four battles. It was the most awkward battle I saw, but I guess it would happen after four pokemon attacked the poor dragon altogether. But he has had a few shares of unrealistic battles, and I'm just hoping that things will continue to happen like they are. He seriously needs to start losing some gym battles again. ^.^;; But I'm just hoping that for the first time, he'll have three or more pokemon on his team that are not basic-staged pokemon. It's getting a bit boring and very predictable.

Aquila
07-13-2007, 11:48 PM
Yeah, but Ash has also had unrealistic losses here and there, too. It's all right for Ash to lose, just as long as they make his losses as realistic as possible and not just make it seem like he's losing because they don't want Ash to look invincible. I mean he did when the Battle Frontier. He deserves a little respect for that.

AshMistyMayfan
07-14-2007, 07:39 AM
Yeah, but Ash has also had unrealistic losses here and there, too. It's all right for Ash to lose, just as long as they make his losses as realistic as possible and not just make it seem like he's losing because they don't want Ash to look invincible. I mean he did when the Battle Frontier. He deserves a little respect for that.

BUt the thing with Battle Frontier that bothers me is Ash did not beat the Elite 4 to get there whereas I had to beat them to get to Battle Frontier. I don't see how that's not a fluke if Ash lost the opportunity to get to the championship and STILL qualified to win the Battle Frontier. I'm not against Ash winning the Battle Frontier, but how he got there was questionable if he did not beat Elite 4. My team had to work hard in Emerald, it's like Scott took pity on Ash not beating the Elite 4.

BladeTest
07-14-2007, 08:40 AM
Cynthia was on this week's Pokemon in Japan, and we're now like close to 20 episodes behind the Japan animation!:eek: I can't believe how close we've now gotten from 1.5 years, to 1 year, and now 20 episodes!:eek:

I liked the episode about Aipom teaming up with Jessie. That was something to have Ash feeling so down about Aipom possibly defecting...until it really wanted those bananas like an ordinary monkey!:crackup: Never take away a monkey's food.You do know once we catch up, it'll start over from episode 1 all over.

~BT~

Aquila
07-14-2007, 03:57 PM
BUt the thing with Battle Frontier that bothers me is Ash did not beat the Elite 4 to get there whereas I had to beat them to get to Battle Frontier. I don't see how that's not a fluke if Ash lost the opportunity to get to the championship and STILL qualified to win the Battle Frontier. I'm not against Ash winning the Battle Frontier, but how he got there was questionable if he did not beat Elite 4. My team had to work hard in Emerald, it's like Scott took pity on Ash not beating the Elite 4.

I have a feeeling that the anime portrays the Elite Four as being just as tough, or probably tougher than the Battle Frontier Brains. The Battle Frontier in the anime is more like a super gym battle quest to Ash whereas the Elite 4 are the 4 best trainers in every region, so they should by definition be tougher than the Battle Frontier. I know it's not that way in the game but I think the anime switched things around so that Ash gets the opportunity to fight the Battle Frontier and they could run a story arc off that. Scott didn't take pity on Ash, he saw Ash's potential when he held his own against an Elite Four member like Agatha.

Actually, the only Frontier Brains that really struck me as being Elite Four material in the anime were Brandon and maybe Anabel, which figures since they're the last two Ash had to fight.

Scorch Ry
07-15-2007, 06:33 PM
I have a feeeling that the anime portrays the Elite Four as being just as tough, or probably tougher than the Battle Frontier Brains. The Battle Frontier in the anime is more like a super gym battle quest to Ash whereas the Elite 4 are the 4 best trainers in every region, so they should by definition be tougher than the Battle Frontier. I know it's not that way in the game but I think the anime switched things around so that Ash gets the opportunity to fight the Battle Frontier and they could run a story arc off that. Scott didn't take pity on Ash, he saw Ash's potential when he held his own against an Elite Four member like Agatha.

Actually, the only Frontier Brains that really struck me as being Elite Four material in the anime were Brandon and maybe Anabel, which figures since they're the last two Ash had to fight.
I agree with that completely. Some of the Brains didn't strike me as completely powerful like they are portrayed in the games, but I will say that I'm very surprised that they gave Brandon the three legendary Regi. I was thinking that they would replace it, but I'm really glad that stuck to the games with him, because I was wondering about that for the longest. And Anabel did seem like she was Elite Four material; I loved the power her Espeon had, it was just amazing and it shows the true power of an eeveelution. But I do hope that Ash battles the Elite Four of Sinnoh...that'd be something worth watching in the future indeed.

-PK
07-16-2007, 08:50 PM
Is it true that the Diaomnd and Pearl series will continue with the Roserade episode in the fall? That is what it says on Serebi.

Scorch Ry
07-16-2007, 09:47 PM
Is it true that the Diaomnd and Pearl series will continue with the Roserade episode in the fall? That is what it says on Serebi.
Well this is more of a spoiler chit-chat area, for the episodes being aired in Japan.

But yes, from my understanding, the Masked Roserade episode is to be aired in the Fall. I'm assuming that they don't want to move entirely too fast because they'll be caught up with the japanese episodes soon.

-PK
07-16-2007, 10:30 PM
Well this is more of a spoiler chit-chat area, for the episodes being aired in Japan.

But yes, from my understanding, the Masked Roserade episode is to be aired in the Fall. I'm assuming that they don't want to move entirely too fast because they'll be caught up with the japanese episodes soon.

Ok, that stinks. What pokemon do you think Cynthia will have with her in the Japanese episode?

Scorch Ry
07-16-2007, 10:44 PM
Ok, that stinks. What pokemon do you think Cynthia will have with her in the Japanese episode?
Well, they were good enough to have Lucian and Pokemon he has had from the games (his Bronzong being quite powerful and showing a glimpse of his Girafarig), so I'm hoping that perhaps we will get to see perhaps a Gastrodon from her, or maybe even her Milotic, Roserade, or Garchomp.

-PK
07-16-2007, 10:47 PM
Well, they were good enough to have Lucian and Pokemon he has had from the games (his Bronzong being quite powerful and showing a glimpse of his Girafarig), so I'm hoping that perhaps we will get to see perhaps a Gastrodon from her, or maybe even her Milotic, Roserade, or Garchomp.

I know she'll have Garchomp. Maybe she'll have Milotic too.

Scorch Ry
07-16-2007, 10:51 PM
I know she'll have Garchomp. Maybe she'll have Milotic too.
Yea, I am hoping so, because that's her strongest Pokemon, so it'd make sense for her to have Garchomp. Perhaps they will give her all of the roster from the games...which means we might be seeing a Spiritomb? I hope so.

-PK
07-16-2007, 11:13 PM
Yea, I am hoping so, because that's her strongest Pokemon, so it'd make sense for her to have Garchomp. Perhaps they will give her all of the roster from the games...which means we might be seeing a Spiritomb? I hope so.

Yeah. Seeing Spiritomb would be nice.

Scorch Ry
07-16-2007, 11:44 PM
Yeah. Seeing Spiritomb would be nice.
Yeah, I wonder how his voice will sound.

But staying on subject, I really wonder what's going to happen in the episode that involves her. Perhaps we get to see Team Galactic? xD

-PK
07-20-2007, 02:24 AM
Yeah, I wonder how his voice will sound.

But staying on subject, I really wonder what's going to happen in the episode that involves her. Perhaps we get to see Team Galactic? xD

I hope so. The only time Galatic has been seen was in the last part of the Eterna Spacetime episode. I saw the pictures on Serebii. I hope they get the woman that does Tsunade's voice on Naruto to do the voice of Cynthia in the English episodes.

RouteMaster
07-20-2007, 11:58 AM
I've just seen the Cynthia episode and enjoyed it alright, didn't see all that much of her team apart from Garchomp but it was still impressive. Good to know that even champions have difficulty when it comes to choosing an ice-cream flavour.

GreenRampage
07-20-2007, 01:24 PM
I just saw the pictures of the Cynthia episode and Where did Paul get all them Pokemon?

Scorch Ry
07-20-2007, 02:02 PM
I just saw the pictures of the Cynthia episode and Where did Paul get all them Pokemon?
xD
Well, Paul is a rather 'new' kind of trainer.
He catches Pokemon based on power solely.
So if they are powerful, he keeps them.
Although I have to admit.
Him having a Torterra completely shocked me.
And how he was able to control it.
Ash needs to step him game up some. xD

But the episode was terrific.
Cynthia's gorgeous.
And so is that lovely Garchomp.
Makes me want to play Pearl. xD

Aquila
07-20-2007, 03:40 PM
Torterra's gotta be most the random pokemon I've ever seen a character have in the series. How does a person have a torterra when everything else they have is still pre-evolved, with the exception of Ursaring and a Weavile he somehow caught? Still, at least that torterra will give Ash a challenge if Ash brings out Charizard or something in the Sinnoh League. They don't want Paul to walked all over by Ash's lab pokemon if he does end up using them.

Scorch Ry
07-20-2007, 04:33 PM
Torterra's gotta be most the random pokemon I've ever seen a character have in the series. How does a person have a torterra when everything else they have is still pre-evolved, with the exception of Ursaring and a Weavile he somehow caught? Still, at least that torterra will give Ash a challenge if Ash brings out Charizard or something in the Sinnoh League. They don't want Paul to walked all over by Ash's lab pokemon if he does end up using them.
Yeah.
I mean, isn't he still a beginning trainer?
Why would they give him a Torterra?
Unless he has experience that we are unaware of.
But regardless.
I can see him with Chimchar, Elekid, and Murkrow.
But I think Weavile was random.
And Torterra was a bit over the edge.
But I still thought it was a pleasant surprise indeed.

Did anybody recognize his attacks?
He used a few on Cynthia's Garchomp.

Aquila
07-20-2007, 05:25 PM
Wow! Everything makes sense now! Paul's torterra is actually his starter pokemon that he has had since he first started his journeys through Kanto, Johto, and Hoenn. No wonder Paul is so good. He's got as much experience as Ash does! That also explains where that torterra came from. He's probably got a stash of good pokemon much like Ash's, and he decided to whip out torterra as his secret weapon against Garchomp.

-PK
07-20-2007, 07:05 PM
Yeah.
I mean, isn't he still a beginning trainer?
Why would they give him a Torterra?
Unless he has experience that we are unaware of.
But regardless.
I can see him with Chimchar, Elekid, and Murkrow.
But I think Weavile was random.
And Torterra was a bit over the edge.
But I still thought it was a pleasant surprise indeed.

Did anybody recognize his attacks?
He used a few on Cynthia's Garchomp.

I think the Torterra used Frenzy Plant on Garchomp.

Scorch Ry
07-20-2007, 11:11 PM
Wow! Everything makes sense now! Paul's torterra is actually his starter pokemon that he has had since he first started his journeys through Kanto, Johto, and Hoenn. No wonder Paul is so good. He's got as much experience as Ash does! That also explains where that torterra came from. He's probably got a stash of good pokemon much like Ash's, and he decided to whip out torterra as his secret weapon against Garchomp.
xD
Oh course!
And his Chimchar's just a gift from Professor Rowan.
Seriously.
The anime needs to slow down a bit.
How is he able to control a Torterra?
And he only has two badges (assuming this).

And that first attack might have been Giga Drain.

Aquila
07-21-2007, 02:53 AM
He can control a torterra because he's actually got like 24 badges from Johto, Kanto, and Hoenn. I wasn't joking. If you watch the episode, you even hear Paul mention the words Johto, Kanto, and Hoenn, which supports the information that he is as experienced as Ash. He could have been talking about something else, but something tells me he wasn't. I got this info from the somewhat unreliable wikipedia, but if you think about it, it makes a lot of sense! I mean, torterras are probably not running in the wild all that much, so it would be easier to believe that he just evolved his starter turtwig. It is easier to believe that he just took his torterra and that weavile out from wherever he keeps his pokemon than to believe that he caught them with his predominantly stage-1 pokemon.

Scorch Ry
07-22-2007, 04:39 AM
He can control a torterra because he's actually got like 24 badges from Johto, Kanto, and Hoenn. I wasn't joking. If you watch the episode, you even hear Paul mention the words Johto, Kanto, and Hoenn, which supports the information that he is as experienced as Ash. He could have been talking about something else, but something tells me he wasn't. I got this info from the somewhat unreliable wikipedia, but if you think about it, it makes a lot of sense! I mean, torterras are probably not running in the wild all that much, so it would be easier to believe that he just evolved his starter turtwig. It is easier to believe that he just took his torterra and that weavile out from wherever he keeps his pokemon than to believe that he caught them with his predominantly stage-1 pokemon.
Hmmm.
Well critically thinking about it.
It DOES make sense.
I mean, when he first battled Ash.
He was quite powerful.
The match ended in a tie.
So, I believe it now.
All this time, I thought he was a new trainer.
That Torterra looks incredible.
And that might have been Frenzy Plant.

Aquila
07-22-2007, 05:41 AM
The first move it used I thought was power whip, but the second one has to be Frenzy Plant. Anyway, if Paul really is an experienced trainer, then he must have been starting fresh in Sinnoh. But what pokemon did he bring with him to start fresh with? I figured he might have brought his Elekid along since it appears to be noticiably powerful for just an elekid and might be one of Paul's senior pokemon from another region, but then again, maybe Paul brought along his torterra and just kept it secret from Ash the whole time. What do you think?

Scorch Ry
07-22-2007, 06:25 PM
The first move it used I thought was power whip, but the second one has to be Frenzy Plant. Anyway, if Paul really is an experienced trainer, then he must have been starting fresh in Sinnoh. But what pokemon did he bring with him to start fresh with? I figured he might have brought his Elekid along since it appears to be noticiably powerful for just an elekid and might be one of Paul's senior pokemon from another region, but then again, maybe Paul brought along his torterra and just kept it secret from Ash the whole time. What do you think?
I agree with that.
I mean Chimchar was clearly from Rowan.
He could have kept Torterra hidden.
And I think that Elekid is a powerhouse that he brought along.
Since he has the capability of evolving into an Electivire.
But I'm guessing his kept Torterra hidden.
So Ash would probably think he's a new trainer?
I'm not sure exactly why he'd keep Torterra hidden.

Aquila
07-22-2007, 08:32 PM
He might have figured it would have been overkill to whip out his torterra against Ash and maybe Roark. Or maybe he just wanted to challenge himself by using his weaker pokemon.

Scorch Ry
07-23-2007, 02:22 AM
He might have figured it would have been overkill to whip out his torterra against Ash and maybe Roark. Or maybe he just wanted to challenge himself by using his weaker pokemon.
That's a possibility.
Because I think his Torterra would have definitely defeated Pikachu.
And perhaps he wanted to now show how strong he actually is.
But I'm surprised he hasn't dumped Chimchar.
Chimchar's able to hold his own, but seems a bit weak.
And usually Paul dumps off his weaker Pokemon.
He must have faith and confidence in Chimchar.

Aquila
07-23-2007, 06:13 AM
Yeah, his Chimchar has been his weakest link yet he has yet to drop it. I think he has more of a soft spot for Chimchar than he would have himself believe. This seems especially evident in light of the events that happen in the Cynthia episode.

Scorch Ry
07-24-2007, 02:50 AM
Yeah, his Chimchar has been his weakest link yet he has yet to drop it. I think he has more of a soft spot for Chimchar than he would have himself believe. This seems especially evident in light of the events that happen in the Cynthia episode.
Yeah.
But from sources I have read.
They said after the Cynthia battle.
He IS starting to doubt Chimchar's potential.
But I don't think he'll get rid of it.
As you said, I think he has a soft spot.
Otherwise, Chimchar would have been long gone.
Like his Azumarill and Starly.

Dragon_Master
07-29-2007, 10:56 PM
What is the cynthia episode?

Aquila
08-02-2007, 03:15 PM
*spoilers*

If you watch the episode, you actually see Paul run after Team Rocket to get his Chimchar back from them. That's what primarily makes me think he has a soft spot for Chimchar.

RouteMaster
08-06-2007, 07:29 PM
Latest episode of DP is a gem, (where we're introduced to double appeals) if only to see Dawn mess up quite spectacularly more than a couple of times! Zoey's Pokemon certainly are superb at appeal.

AshMistyMayfan
08-11-2007, 06:19 AM
I thought it was comical how shy the Shellos was. THere was Buizel giving it the Mama Harper look and it was whimpering! I liked how Pochama and Dawn were scolding Buizel for scaring the Pokemon like that, I had a good laugh seeing that, can't wait how they will translate that episode!:crackup:

Shellos seemed to be kind of small though.

Just got done watching episode 43. Easiest way to find a Pokemon episode is just do a video search on Google, but I can't put the address down for it might violate board rules. Just go Google, video, type in the Diamond/Pearl episode you want to watch. Man, there is an all-star guest stars in 43: Oak, Dawn's mom, many Jennies/Joys, Giovanni, and CHAMPION CYNTHIA! THere was also a guest shot of Action Replay in 'one hit kills' as Piplup killed Milotic with WHIRLPOOL?! and Pikachu knocks out Rayquaza with thunderbolt, in one hits! They should've noticed something was wrong with this picture. Mismagious really orchestrated a weird episode similar to the Smallville episode where Clark was in a dream world.

43 was a gem to see Oak, Dawn's mom, Cynthia, and Oak in ONE!