PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo DS

jj984jj
05-09-2004, 03:32 AM
With E3 less then 4 days away, what do you think the Nintendo DS will bring, the new product with 2 screens but still no concept art out there for it, just specs. Anyway, post what you think about it here, I think it CAN be interesting IF Nintendo can pull it off right.

Agent Orange
05-09-2004, 03:35 AM
I probly wont buy it. It looks confusing.

pokemon fan
05-10-2004, 02:02 AM
The nintendo DS has alot of support.Over 100 game companies are making titles for it also I have hered that there are no buttons? They say that it is going to be touch screen? Well hopefully we will get all the information when E3 opens this week. I cant wait untill it comes out this chrismas. :biggrin:

UPDATE:
The Nintendo DS' two screens will be able to have the ability 2D or 3D screens, it is up to the developers. Both screens quality will be "incredible" and the system is known in Nintendo as the "Developer System."

The Nintendo DS will be on the show floor tomorrow, with the Metroid game which is discussed in another article. A demo which looked like Mario 64 was also shown, but had Wario flying around as well.

The two screens will allow for two perspectives or for players to monitor maps etc. The possibilities are endless.

There will be two media bays, one Nintendo DS software, one for GBA games or GBA accessories. The touch screen will allow you to use a stylus or your fingers.

The Nintendo DS will have a built in microphone, and allows you to use voice recognition programs. programs. As Nintendo kept saying, touch and voice.

Perhaps some of the biggest news, as well as wireless capability of up to 100 feet for up to 16 people the Nintendo DS will feature Wi-Fi. This allows you to play online against anyone, as Nintendo put it "It's beyond online, it's no line."

Other features including the ability to draw with the stylus and share your artwork or even take notes. If you come near someone who has a DS your DS will come out of sleep mode, if it is in it, and connect to them.

Ierdar
05-13-2004, 02:00 AM
Hey, fyrefenix gave me this link. http://www.nintendo.com/e3_2004/ds/ds_overview.jsp

It has pics of it and all. Looks kinda neat I guess. =\

boltAge
05-13-2004, 05:41 AM
Holy crap, that thing looks much better than I thought. It looks too similar to some kind of palmtop, though x(

ELMO
05-13-2004, 02:18 PM
Wowwww... that sounds bad. What the crap would anyone do with 2 screens? For God's sake! That sounds bad, and they're projecting a $150 cost! BUY A FREAKING XBOX. Good grief! My God. Lose that and buy a GBASP!

VenusaurTrainer
05-14-2004, 10:17 PM
I cant wait till it comes out. I plan on getting one.

silverfrost
05-14-2004, 10:21 PM
Wow, it looks really awesome but I won't be able to pay $150 so... =/

bronislav84
05-14-2004, 11:55 PM
I'll only buy it if there's a game just on it (exclusive) that I want to play. Otherwie, my SP is good enough for me. I got that expensive thing as a gift. I wonder how I'll manage to get 150 clams for a DS, :lol:.

Ex: A Pkmn game or a really good RPG.

Note: I'm an RPG fan first and a Pkmn fan second, :lol:.

Agent Orange
05-15-2004, 12:28 AM
Wowwww... that sounds bad. What the crap would anyone do with 2 screens? For God's sake! That sounds bad, and they're projecting a $150 cost! BUY A FREAKING XBOX. Good grief! My God. Lose that and buy a GBASP!
Can you bring a Crap-Box with you in the car or whatever? I think not.

I changed my mind. Im getting one!!!

jj984jj
05-15-2004, 12:28 AM
YAY!!! It's finally revealed, though they said they may change the design for final product that is pretty much the basic thing. I'm very impressed by it as well, touch screen, bluetooth wireless technology, a mic, better graphics then the 64 and a great game library so far. I am worried about the game library still though, even with a new Super Mario Bros., FF:CC, Super Mario 64x4, Metroid Prime: Hunters, Gundam SEED, Sonic DS (Yes, they only showed a demo at E3 but they did also confirm that it'll become a game.), Egg Monster Heroes, and more, the PSP also has a lot of 3 party publishers on their side. Nintendo has a very good product here, hopefully they'll go about this right instead of the same way they did with the Gamecube and lost the #1 spot in the console wars.

[Fair]
05-15-2004, 02:51 AM
Well, after spending the week monitoring game sites for all the latest developments from E3, I'm proud to say that the DS is by far the coolest thing that was shown.

What can I say? The graphics are freaking amazing, (Somewhere between N64 and Gamecube!) the actual design of it is very cool looking, wireless multiplayer, and a touch screen to top it all off! When I watched the video footage of Mario 64x4 for the first time on Thursday, my reaction was the same as when I watched the footage of THPS2 on the GBA for the first time - I was in shock. It's amazing how far handheld consoles have come since the original Gameboy...

You hear that? It's the sound of the DS pwning j00! Sweeeeeeet! :drool:

Click here to see video of all DS games shown at e3! (http://gameboy.ign.com/articles/515/515497p1.html)

Ironshell Blastoise
05-15-2004, 05:49 AM
Holy Crap, Nintendo got something right...

It better not turn out bad tho =\

PokemonElite2000
05-15-2004, 06:33 AM
Holy Crap, Nintendo got something right...

It better not turn out bad tho =\
The first time I heard about the Nintendo DS, my first reaction was "you're kidding me right? Two screens?"

It makes more sense now though. With two screens, you'll be able to get see perspectives you can never do before. For example, in racing games, usually, you have a button you can press so you have a rear view of what's behind you, but that takes up the entire screen so while you're seeing the rear view, you can see what's in front of you (Gran Turismo in particular). However, with two screens, you can see what's ahead of you and what's behind, without the mess.

There's no telling how much helpful an extra screen can do. Another example, first person shooter games, one screen you have the shooter itself, and the other a complete map. Before the DS, you have a small map somewhere on the screen, and that was it. Nintendo DS makes it better to have the entire map on one screen while you play on the other screen.

Not to mention, the touch screen and voice recognition, as well as built in wireless communication. And it's compatible with all the GBA games.

Nintendo's Shigeru Miyamoto made a good point, he basically said that Sony's PSP handheld will just be another handheld. While the DS is new and creative, and you're able to do things on the DS you have never been able to do.

Neo Emolga
05-15-2004, 02:08 PM
That's true. Instead of cloging the boarders of one screen with stats and everything else, they can always put that info on the second screen.

It does look pretty sleek, but for $150, I'm not sure.

Tamer Marco
05-15-2004, 02:14 PM
I've changed my mind... I want one!

I first heard about it's looks and stuff at the E3 pics( thanks game informer!) in a magazine. I thought it would be something like in one screen you put in Mario Cart and in the other you put in Pokemon or something like that. But it looks awesome!

Too bad I don't have $150. A little too high for a nintendo game and a GC cost's less than that now and Xbox's are the same price.... I don't know. :oops:

Ironshell Blastoise
05-15-2004, 02:43 PM
The price will drop, trust me. They won't keep it above teh Cube for too long.

Chaos Mage
05-17-2004, 04:59 AM
The price will drop, trust me. They won't keep it above teh Cube for too long.There's always a price drop for every system out there.

Anyway, from what I've read on this, I'm going to get this syste even if it cost $150. I'll just have to save a quite a bit of money. :goofy:

*imagines playing an upgraded N64 in the car*

Psycho_Makar
05-17-2004, 03:35 PM
I dont think i will buy a NDS...
I was interessed in it because the chat thigys...
But i read that Majesco will make a GBA-Chat...
I want one! :happy:

Nefarious
05-17-2004, 04:29 PM
I would love to get it but I just got an SP and if I said I wanted it, my mom would just say be happy with what you have and don't want more. Plus I don't have the money.

Agent Orange
05-17-2004, 04:37 PM
My SP broke, I have just enough money, and it looks promising, so I will buy it.

Nefarious
05-17-2004, 04:49 PM
Oooooo. that sounds like a good idea. Brake my SP and get a DS. Mwhahahaha. :twisted:

Khashoggi
05-17-2004, 05:16 PM
Hm, I know I'll be going for it. It's the touch screen that does it for me really... =d Blah, I shouldn't have a problem getting 100 or however much it'll cost over here.

Nefarious
05-17-2004, 05:18 PM
I especially like it because iyou can chat. I don't have enough money to get a labtop or PDA just to chat on the go. So that is why I am so excited about DS.

Zenaku
05-17-2004, 09:34 PM
It'd be slightly less than 100 if you order it from America Cat, but knowing Nintendo, they'll increase the price when it gets here... I mean, think about the games here; they cost about 40, which is like $68 (Amercians probably think we're mad lol)... Anyways, i'll probably get an import... *Shifty Eyes* And i certainly wont use my moms credit card! ... *Mutters* Even though i do have all her details written down... ! I mean, uh... Damnit?

Nintendo DS is gonna rock, but you have to remember to choose which game you'll get with it... After getting it, i doubt it'll be a while before you can afford anymore games lol... :P

Khashoggi
05-17-2004, 09:44 PM
It'd be slightly less than 100 if you order it from America Cat, but knowing Nintendo, they'll increase the price when it gets here... I mean, think about the games here; they cost about 40, which is like $68 (Amercians probably think we're mad lol)... Anyways, i'll probably get an import... *Shifty Eyes* And i certainly wont use my moms credit card! ... *Mutters* Even though i do have all her details written down... ! I mean, uh... Damnit?

Nintendo DS is gonna rock, but you have to remember to choose which game you'll get with it... After getting it, i doubt it'll be a while before you can afford anymore games lol... :P
lol, true, I only get like 40 allowance a month as it is... .-.; Well, I expect I;ll wait till the price goes down a little and some good games are our before buying it, anyway. I just can't wait right now. X_x; And good luck fobbing your mother off when it comes up on her credit card bill. :P

Ironshell Blastoise
05-17-2004, 10:10 PM
There's always a price drop for every system out there.

Anyway, from what I've read on this, I'm going to get this syste even if it cost $150. I'll just have to save a quite a bit of money. :goofy:

*imagines playing an upgraded N64 in the car*

I know prices drop for every system. I was merely stating that it won't stay 150 for long.

Chaos Mage
05-19-2004, 10:12 PM
I know prices drop for every system. I was merely stating that it won't stay 150 for long.And I went further into it. :P

Anyway, anyone else's opinion?

Zenaku
05-19-2004, 11:08 PM
Well, the other day i was having a little conflict with two of my friends. After i told them about the Nintendo DS (They hadnt even heard of it) they claimed that Sonys PSP was better because it had "3D" graphics... Well, duh! Its just a Portable Playstation with a load of extra features. Its graphics arent any better than any other PS console, since it depends on the game being played, and even though you can carry it around, it cant nesseccarily fit in your pocket. In the end, i won, so now neither of them are thinking about PSPs, and might consider getting NDS'. lol I'm surprised... They're really stubborn, so they kept putting down the DS and stuff... :P

Chaos Mage
05-19-2004, 11:13 PM
And besides, Nintendo has more variety than Sony'll ever provide. :silly:

Zenaku
05-19-2004, 11:29 PM
And besides, Nintendo has more variety than Sony'll ever provide. :silly:
Yeah, i even said that all the best games are Nintendos (Pokemon, Zelda, etc), and they just said "Whenever Nintendo releases a game, its only on one or two consoles!". *Rolls eyes* If they had listened, i said "best games". I didnt at any time refer to what platforms the games were on... Bah! Well, they've been convinced, so i have no reason to shout at them anymore :P

CrimsonSea
05-19-2004, 11:51 PM
ill probley get it. But i still love my sp :) I just wish i had more games for it.

boltAge
05-20-2004, 08:39 AM
Nah, if I were to choose between DS and PSP, I'd choose PSP, since I can always play the ROMs of the DS games.

Touch Screen...They'd better get some protection layer or something, cuz the screen will get all dirty after just a day of gaming. zzz.

Neo Emolga
05-20-2004, 01:18 PM
I have a common bad habbit to buy games and hardware the very instant they come out, spending the maximum possible rather than waiting for the price to drop. Hopefully I can refrain from buying this too early, since I don't want to drain my bank account too early...

jj984jj
05-20-2004, 02:56 PM
Nah, if I were to choose between DS and PSP, I'd choose PSP, since I can always play the ROMs of the DS games.

Touch Screen...They'd better get some protection layer or something, cuz the screen will get all dirty after just a day of gaming. zzz.
A ROM would be extremly diffcult to play since the graphics are better then the 64 and most of the games will incoporate the touch screen aspect of the DS. I'm going with the DS totally now. I've seen proof that it has more 3rd party developers then the PSP and will probably with some good game series that don't even have a title on the Gamecube. I mean the PSP might have near PS2 graphics and a 1.6GB UMD to play with vs. somewhat better then 64's graphics and a 128MB memory card(or whatever they called it). But remember graphics aren't everything and most of the UMD will be used to take up graphics and sound from the highly rendered games. Most of all neither platform wouldn't succeed without good games from the developers.

Kenny_C.002
05-23-2004, 04:25 AM
Yea. The 2-screen thing is rather difficult to replicate compared to the PSP's orignal setup. ROM-wise, I think the PSP still is eaiser to get than DS. Either way, the DS looks pretty bad (no offense to anybody). And should Nintendo focus a bit mroe on the GCN? Sheesh.

jj984jj
05-27-2004, 08:24 PM
Yea. The 2-screen thing is rather difficult to replicate compared to the PSP's orignal setup. ROM-wise, I think the PSP still is eaiser to get than DS. Either way, the DS looks pretty bad (no offense to anybody). And should Nintendo focus a bit mroe on the GCN? Sheesh.
Isn't Zelda, Metroid Prime 2, Tales of Symphonia, Staf Fox, Fire Emblem, & Resident Evil 4 enough? Along with all the other GCN games showed at E3. Besides, they said that wasn't the final design of the product, but that is where they are at so far.

Bashaamo
05-28-2004, 09:43 PM
$150, that is not that bad of a price a'tall! I got my GBA sp for $100, and believe me I do not have that much money. But paying only $50 is not bad at all. For all the features the thing comes with it should run even more methinks. The thing has awsome graphics, innovative and original gameplay, can play ANY Gameboy game, you can take it anywhere you go. But best of all you can play wireless. For some of us older gamers playing hooked up by a cable to another player isn't always the best idea. So playing against my friend down the street, or one of you guys reading this, without leaving my room is a dream! $150, no problem!

-Bash

VenusaurTrainer
05-29-2004, 02:47 AM
I love the 100 ft wireless feature. I also cant wait to take it on a vacation once I get a DS. :razz:

Mechaflame
05-29-2004, 05:48 AM
That 100 ft wireless feature sounds good to me! :biggrin:

Pidgeot79
06-10-2004, 05:48 AM
*Adds Nintendo DS to Christmas list*

Those graphics are beautiful.I wonder what Nintendo is going to do next?

VenusaurTrainer
06-11-2004, 04:00 AM
Nintendo is going to lose a little of money while making the DS. Because their LCD screen provider Sharp is running short on LCD screens. So they will lose a little dough.