PDA

View Full Version : Why so great?

Steven
05-10-2004, 04:22 AM
Why does everyone have to make fr/lg sound so great... I mean it's just a remake of red and blue which were fun I have to admit, but I mean a few more islands and a better layout isn't going to awe me much, I'll probably stick to r/s, how about anyone else? I mean this is the third version of Kanto aswell, so I'm not so sure it's that much greater...

svenstrup
05-11-2004, 06:24 PM
Why does everyone have to make fr/lg sound so great... I mean it's just a remake of red and blue which were fun I have to admit, but I mean a few more islands and a better layout isn't going to awe me much, I'll probably stick to r/s, how about anyone else? I mean this is the third version of Kanto aswell, so I'm not so sure it's that much greater...
Because it IS great!
It's not ONLY a remake of the old games. Apart from the far better graphics you get a game that is playable for twice as long as the old games. Yes, there IS that much to do on the new islands.
Besides you get access to 150 more pokémon + even some from G/S/C. So you're close to having all 386 (about 360?) avaiable in both R/S and FR/LG.

Finally I might add that R/B/Y had the best routes ever and now we can play them again with better graphics and sounds. It also had the best gameplot ... well maybe Team Rocket was good in G/S/C as well, bit in my opinion Dangerous Game Corner and Silph Co are unbeaten. Team Aqua/Magma are poor replacements ... simply!

Japoro
05-11-2004, 06:30 PM
Because it IS great!
It's not ONLY a remake of the old games. Apart from the far better graphics you get a game that is playable for twice as long as the old games. Yes, there IS that much to do on the new islands.
Besides you get access to 150 more pokémon + even some from G/S/C. So you're close to having all 386 (about 360?) avaiable in both R/S and FR/LG.

Finally I might add that R/B/Y had the best routes ever and now we can play them again with better graphics and sounds. It also had the best gameplot ... well maybe Team Rocket was good in G/S/C as well, bit in my opinion Dangerous Game Corner and Silph Co are unbeaten. Team Aqua/Magma are poor replacements ... simply!

I really agree with you Svenstrup...
I see that you are scandinavian....
Do you know when FR/LG will be released in Scandinavia?

Nefarious
05-11-2004, 07:55 PM
I also agree with you two. Since Red and Blue version are so old, nobody is going to go back and play them. So that is why everyone is excited about them. I know I miss red and blue version, so now I get the chance to play them, only better. I hope you see our point Steven.

Japoro
05-11-2004, 08:15 PM
I also agree with you two. Since Red and Blue version are so old, nobody is going to go back and play them. So that is why everyone is excited about them. I know I miss red and blue version, so now I get the chance to play them, only better. I hope you see our point Steven.

hehe, I was accually going to start Red, blue or yellow over,, but then I heard about fr/lg,,,better wait....
R/B/Y < FR/LG
^^

PokemonElite2000
05-12-2004, 09:49 PM
Well, it's a new game, and for most people, they're done with Ruby/Sapphire (besides training your Pokemon and capturing more). And besides, remake or no remake, it's the next Pokemon game, so of course it's going to be a big deal. Eventhough it's a remake, there's many things that are new and fresh, like you mentioned, the islands. The Pokedex layout has been changed, the status screen of the Pokemon has a new look to it. There are many changes, and it all adds up. I would consider it like Ruby/Sapphire, but with some upgrades.

_Razor_
05-12-2004, 11:06 PM
Well I think its great because, I dont know about anyone else, but on the old versions (red/blue/yellow) I could play over and over, they were great.. and LG/FR are those same great games, but with updated graphics, some small but awesome new additions to the game itself and new islands with some of the newer pokemon.. Plus you can trade LG/FR with R/S, which makes it that much more better.

Tamer Marco
05-12-2004, 11:49 PM
Darn it. Well all of the reasons above Steven.

They may just be remakes but with better graphics 150+ pokemon and more to offer including the rainbow islands this game is tempting to get your hands on.

AltariaTamer
05-13-2004, 03:59 AM
I personally am looking forward to the rainbow islands. I have seen maps of every single city in the new games and holy crap are the island cities huge!
They almost could be considered routes. they are huge. Plus with the graphics, the old starters back, (I"M LOOKIN AT YOU CHARMANDER) and with the original game plot back, which is in my opinion and I'm sure a lot of other people's the best game plot, what more could u ask from nintendo?

Well of course we could ask all regions in ONE game all connected to have 24 gyms and every pokemon obtainable, but still... :drool:

My personal favorite feature in this game will be the eilte four getting stronger as you get stronger, and with them changing their pokemon. How sweet is that???? ALSO, MORE TRAINERS!!!!!!! Which is to me another great thing, I fight every possible person in the game, while at the same time i sell my rare candies. :twisted:

Steven
05-13-2004, 04:33 AM
Yeah I know where you guys are coming from, but for me, I've played pkmn red/blue/yellow many times over and I've beaten the elite four and I've caught all 152 (+mew/missingno.) many times before, and I've done it all... It's just that when you've played the games 900+ hours and then you do it again with gold/silver/crystal (which is very similar because kanto has johto added while the other has rainbow islands added) And not to mention catching all pokemon in those games aswell and buying and playing through each one like I have... It kind of tears away at you and makes you think you've wasted your life... but I'll stay positive and say that they made RS :pray: which was great because it didn't include former continents and everything, although it still had similar layouts with gym leaders, etcetera... but I like that part anyways, but still when you go back to square one with fr/lg with very small add ons such as better graphics and a few more islands it's just not the best. I mean yeah I'll get the games and beat them very quickly, but I mean they are the same pokemon in the same world with a new location for them called rainbow islands... Maybe I'm just old because newer players for the games haven't played the old ones because they were made for original gameboy and not advance... I just don't see what is so great in having a new game with almost nothing new added... I would at least want a few new pokemon (Deoxys is the only new one added...) and a completely different story line where you aren't the same old red/blue and you are a different person with his own journey that's a completely different path than his... Maybe you fight Brock second and Giovanni isn't there in Viridian and someone else is (Not Blue...) and so on... Just a complete change for the game would be nice, but then again I don't control them and I'm different so go ahead and celebrate the same game with a wig and fake beard on, and some inflatable muscles, it's still the same game just with a little bit of seasoning, although it was a good game to begin with, it just has a little more which is alright, but barely enough to make me want to buy it again... Oh well, I'm just standing from a different view and not many people can come over to my side, but I'm fine with that.

Black~Ninetales
05-13-2004, 10:11 AM
I'm not THAT excited about FR/LG, there's no new pkmn, no new world or anything, BUT I like the fact that I'm gonna play hard with my Squirtle Tim in new updated graphics ^^

gamevoid
05-13-2004, 12:22 PM
Well there are all the pokemon in it from RS cause You can trade to it.

Kan
05-13-2004, 12:26 PM
I'm not necessarily excited about FR/LG, but I will buy both. I just really like Pokemon. :oops:

Ironshell Blastoise
05-15-2004, 05:02 AM
RBY was definitely the best laid out game. Although it has its quirks, it still ranks higher on my Top Games list than GSC or RuSa. Plus, I loved Kanto, so I am all over FRLG.

Jessu
05-16-2004, 12:30 AM
Well, FR/LG do have upgraded things and better graphics and sounds, but it is on my Top 5 Games List. I shall show it to you. {Key: Italic= Name of Game Bold= Number/Comment}

1: FR/LG So what if I haven't played it yet? I still love the graphics in the photos that PE2K got from it in Japanese. But the bad thing is, you can't do the old glitches... (ex. Mew, Missingno., and Glitch City)
2: R/B/Y Ok, I just love these games because there are bunches of glitches and you get to have bunches of FUN!!!! You even get to do the most popular glitches too!! (ex. Mew, Missingno., and Glitch City)
3: G/S/C The reason this is third is because it has more dragons and I love them. Ho-oh you really gotta love. She is soooo pretty. And let's not forget Chikorita! She's the cutest of them all! She was my starter too! Too bad it was a male in my game, or Cutter (Meganium) would've had babies.
4: R/S These 2 are in fourth because... well... um.... I don't want to say it. I still like the graphics, but it's boring now. I've beaten the game but I'm still getting all the Pokemon, but it's just too boring now. It has more dragons than the previous 2 sets put together, but it's just boring now.
5: The Spyro Games Ok, these games ROCK. But they aren't better than Pokemon. All the 3-D stuff makes it look like it's real. Plus, that's how it got me into dragons.

Speaking of games, do you ever get the urge to keep playing that new game you got? It's like you live in the game and you are determined to beat it. But once you do it gets all boring.

boltAge
05-16-2004, 02:06 AM
RBY > FRLG

I've played the Japanese version of FRLG, and some of the remixes SUCKS. Some of the kewl music was practically ruined. The graphics are a little better, but Yellow Version Sprites > All.

Ironshell Blastoise
05-16-2004, 04:51 AM
Yellow Blastoise sprite is SOOO seksy

Shroomish
05-16-2004, 07:25 AM
Yellow Blastoise sprite is SOOO seksy
Heh, yeah, compared to the Red/Blue Blastiose Spirte which made it look like it had gas or a beer belly.

Ironshell Blastoise
05-16-2004, 04:51 PM
RB sprite was FAT. Yellow was the best by far. GSC was...meh, nothing special. Ruby/Sapphire made him look fat again. FRed and LGreen is #2.