PDA

View Full Version : Un-Official Announcmenet: Park Taking Applications!

bronislav84
06-12-2006, 01:48 PM
Well, as some of you may have noticed, I haven't had a URPG Battle since, well, a long time. The reason is I've been playing games all night a lot. Well, that will soon change. I plan to open the Park I have been working on, as soon as Ryan makes the Section, and Jack gives the ok to post.

So here's what I need from you guys. I wanna know who is interested in being a Park Ranger, and if any of the old signups are still interested.

I rememeber Magare was interested, and a few others. Just say if you're interested, and I'll make a form later. Just one thing. Don't bother asking for a job if you can't Roleplay. :rolleyes:

Ridley
06-12-2006, 02:00 PM
It sounds interesting to me, but...I can't roleplay well. Oh well.

Espeon Rinage
06-12-2006, 02:38 PM
I am intrested. Im quite a good Role-Player andf I keep Improving.

Matt
06-12-2006, 03:51 PM
I was one of the original sign-ups, and IIRC, you asked me to be a ranger. So, am I still accpeted or what?

All-Star
06-12-2006, 04:39 PM
I'm a good Role-Player, and I'm interested in the job.

I wanna learn a little bit more about it.

Seawolf
06-12-2006, 04:43 PM
I'm also interested in the job. :rolleyes:

RocketMeowth
06-12-2006, 11:14 PM
I am interested in a job. ^^

Ierdar
06-12-2006, 11:20 PM
Bron, you're a liar. =P

boltAge
06-13-2006, 02:44 AM
The hell, I was one of the first people accepted for a park ranger.

bronislav84
06-13-2006, 08:31 AM
D2 and Raik, I remeber you guys now. You're still allowed the jobs, if you want them. Now to wait for more people and Magare. And where's Jack? :susp:

All others, thanks for showing interest. I'l get a form up soon. Just gotta rememeber what I had in it......

Loyal Arcanine
06-13-2006, 10:59 AM
I was already accepted as a Ranger. Also did a lot of stuff with assigning the mons to the regions.

Magare
06-13-2006, 11:13 PM
I'm here, but dont expect anything from me.

I'm not active enough to be a part of something new like this.

Best luck with it :biggrin:

ball
06-14-2006, 12:33 PM
I'm also interested :tongue:

Jack of Clovers
06-18-2006, 10:33 PM
I'm ready. Tell Ryan to set up the board, you post the threads, and get it started. :wink:

~Jack~

koolcurtis
06-20-2006, 04:59 AM
this hasn't opened yet? :eek: wow

Ierdar
06-20-2006, 05:01 AM
D2 and Raik, I remeber you guys now. You're still allowed the jobs, if you want them. Now to wait for more people and Magare. And where's Jack? :susp:

All others, thanks for showing interest. I'l get a form up soon. Just gotta rememeber what I had in it......
Oh, a second post! Maybe I was wrong! No, probably not. =P

Matt
06-20-2006, 09:14 PM
OMG DID CURTIS POST?

Clutch
06-20-2006, 09:42 PM

Curtis, where the hell have you been?!

Lord Celebi
06-21-2006, 04:07 AM
I'm also interested (I was one of the first few as well who volunteered, and I think I was accepted as well (Damn me and my accidently deleting PMs)).

Half a Dollar
06-27-2006, 06:06 PM
I think I signed up a looooooongggggggggggggggggggggggggggg time ago for the Electric/Water park or w/e.

Barkley3312
06-29-2006, 05:10 AM
I am very intrested please PM me with more info. Thanks, Barkley3312

bronislav84
08-31-2006, 10:13 PM
Dang, I totally forgot about this thread. And look at the last post date. Jeez.

Well, since Jack has his stamp here, I just need to get the info from the URPG backup board, re-read it, and we're ready. I just gotta wait for my new pc to get sent to me. If I have to read that stuff while being on campus, I'll probably get sick to my stomach of the endless reading.

Stay tuned.....

Matt
08-31-2006, 10:48 PM
Your welcome. I'll help out with whatever is necessary to get this up and running.

Subside
09-01-2006, 01:47 AM
Dang, I totally forgot about this thread. And look at the last post date. Jeez.

Well, since Jack has his stamp here, I just need to get the info from the URPG backup board, re-read it, and we're ready. I just gotta wait for my new pc to get sent to me. If I have to read that stuff while being on campus, I'll probably get sick to my stomach of the endless reading.

Stay tuned.....
I was wondering when you would turn up telling us its almost ready. Well lets hope you get that computer rather quickly i suppose.

DarkGardevoir
09-01-2006, 09:35 AM
ah...

We all hope your computer will be sent to you sooner.

boltAge
09-02-2006, 05:59 AM
Come on people, screw this. This has been going on for, what, 2 years already? bron, you clearly are lacking the responsibility to handle such a massive project. I say either let someone else handle this or just dump it.

Zan Sabrefang
09-02-2006, 07:42 AM
Way to think Positive there Bolt.

I remember going through and writing a few lists for you Bron. Welcome back. If you still want me, I'll help out.

boltAge
09-02-2006, 02:18 PM
Way to think Positive there Bolt.

I remember going through and writing a few lists for you Bron. Welcome back. If you still want me, I'll help out.
This has nothing to do with positive thinking or not. He's tried to revive this for about 3 times already, only to die out a while later. The idea of a park is great, but if bron can't kickstart it for the fellow members of the URPG, then he needs to be changed. Either that or we could just replace it with one of the many good ideas our URPG members have brought up, which are a lot more elaborated and sensible.

Zan Sabrefang
09-02-2006, 09:58 PM
This idea is Brilliant. You can't really want to put a stop to it simply because Bron has a life outside this site? It shouldn't be down to one person, because this idea is too vast. Which is why people are offering him help. All we really need is for Bron to lay his idea out in black and white so we can help get it off the ground. :oops:

Dr Scott
09-03-2006, 04:04 AM
Orrr take a vote and see if enough people want this.

If not, try something else that's 'better'.

If so, either wait for Bron...

Or have someone else fix up the general idea and present it and have Bron help when he gets back.

OR we could just all sit in a circle and tell campfire stories and roast marshmellows and and Hot Dogs!!!!

BYYYAAAHHH
~Vote Howard Dean

boltAge
09-03-2006, 10:51 AM
This idea is Brilliant. You can't really want to put a stop to it simply because Bron has a life outside this site? It shouldn't be down to one person, because this idea is too vast. Which is why people are offering him help. All we really need is for Bron to lay his idea out in black and white so we can help get it off the ground. :oops:
Having a life outside the URPG doesn't mean you can disappear for months, ignoring the responsibility you have online.

This argument is worthless, I'll see what the others have to say.

A poll wouldn't be too useful, the problem isn't whether people want this. This project has great popularity, probably from its year-long hype. To see it actually fufilled by someone with the dedication should be the intention of any poll.

Dr Scott
09-03-2006, 04:42 PM
A K A you woudln't mind taking the park off his hands and doing it yourself? :P

Look, you've waited long enough already, why not wait more? In the mean time we all can chill with Dark Umby's idea, it's not a bad one. Maybe it just wasn't meant to be.

boltAge
09-03-2006, 05:33 PM
I wouldn't want to do it myself, I don't have that sort of dedication. But I'm sure there are plenty of good candidates out there to organise this project. To organise a project for the URPG should be a privilege. bron hasn't shown that he deserves this. I can remember from the first day he hyped this project, it was before like 2 or 3 of my bans. Surely you realise how long he has been dragging this thing. The fact that he hasn't posted here in 3 days is a good indicator that he doesn't really give a crap about this.

Zan Sabrefang
09-03-2006, 10:16 PM
Edit: Whatever you say, Bolt...

Bron? Ignore that, tell us what needs doin' and I'll help out as much as I can, as will others no doubt. Looking forward to hearing from you.

boltAge
09-04-2006, 03:41 AM
No, sir, he won't be ignoring me for long. I have a say in this project. I suggest you treat people with respect, regardless of their position.

boltAge
09-04-2006, 03:47 AM
Maybe you wouldn't know because you don't have one. You or your attitude that I ,and I"m sure many other people, are sick of
I'm sorry, child, if you have a problem with my attitude, you can always complain about it. Otherwise, I suggest you keep that spam in that can where it belongs.

http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/3755/blackpeppercanhe7.jpg

edit: whoopie, deleted post, huh?

Dr Scott
09-04-2006, 03:48 AM
*Sigh* Don't be such a hypocrit Bolt, you're not showing either Bron or Zan much respect.

The fact is, the man is busy. It happens. Sometimes things happen that you can't effect. The fact remains that this is Bron's idea. I'm sure he'll show up long enough to at least get us off the ground, and until then I suggest that you have fun with DU's idea. Have some patience.

We Taste Pies...
09-04-2006, 03:50 AM
I'm sorry, child, if you have a problem with my attitude, you can always complain about it. Otherwise, I suggest you keep that spam in that can where it belongs.

http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/3755/blackpeppercanhe7.jpg

edit: whoopie, deleted post, huh?

I felt I didn't need to point out the obvious is all

boltAge
09-04-2006, 03:50 AM
How much time do you suggest I give him? I've been waiting for...1 1/2 years now.

We Taste Pies...
09-04-2006, 03:51 AM
How much time do you suggest I give him? I've been waiting for...1 1/2 years now.

Patience is a virtue. Have patience. That is what Bron is trying to teach us.

Dr Scott
09-04-2006, 03:51 AM
As long as he needs. We've done fine without it before now, haven't we. It's not like it's really needed. It's just an added fun.

Finglonger
09-04-2006, 03:54 AM
who cares? chances are bron will probably not come back, or he;ll come back and say something like, "I have it ready, just give me a little while", then come back in two months with an identical post. its been happening for a while, I've learned to ignore it

dont take everything so seriously folks

Dr Scott
09-04-2006, 03:55 AM
The man has an excellent point, it's not that big of a deal.

~ Grade my story!~ XD

boltAge
09-04-2006, 03:55 AM
As long as he needs? Come on people, what is bron, a messiah?

edit: I think I'm determined to go beyond the point of ignoring. The URPG deserves better.

Finglonger
09-04-2006, 03:57 AM
The man has an excellent point, it's not that big of a deal.

~ Grade my story!~ XD

scott you are so shameless, as a result of this I shall grade your story

Dr Scott
09-04-2006, 04:00 AM
You're right, I actually did reply to you just so you would see the whole grade my story bit XD.

BUT Let me just say this. "The URPG deserves better." And I take it you know what it deserves ? I've been around here since what? 2000? 1999? I've seen many things happen. I've seen many people go. I waved goodbye as the best 'moderator' *Sorry Jack* ever, Dire, left. It would be like plagiarism to take over. This is his work. Create something yourself if you're so worried about it.

He's not a messiah, he's a human, and as a human he deserves some rights.

boltAge
09-04-2006, 04:08 AM
It should be a privilege, not a right to start projects in the URPG.

The URPG deserves better. I typed out a lengthy post but I think that sentence is enough.

We Taste Pies...
09-04-2006, 04:13 AM
It should be a privilege, not a right to start projects in the URPG.

The URPG deserves better. I typed out a lengthy post but I think that sentence is enough.

Enough of this, Jack is incharge, he put Bron incharge. End of story. Theres no arguement.

boltAge
09-04-2006, 04:17 AM
Enough of this, Jack is incharge, he put Bron incharge. End of story. Theres no arguement.
Any member can question this project. And I'm a Co-Official, if you want to know.

It's spelt 'argument'.

Dr Scott
09-04-2006, 04:20 AM
Actually, I think it was you who said that everyone should be treated with respect, no matter what their status us. So why would it matter if you're a co official?

Also, I think you're out voted ^^.

*Mumbles something*

Oh, and about the spelling... Who cares?

boltAge
09-04-2006, 04:27 AM
Because I do have a say in this issue, much like any member here. And he was referring to the fact that only Jack has a say in this issue. However, I happen to be a staff member too and by his logic, should get a say in this issue too. I never really wanted to bring up the part about my position, but he was challenging me anyway.

Outvote me all you want, see if that matters though.

Dr Scott
09-04-2006, 04:30 AM
The almighty Raik huh? I remember when you were a wee little child, just starting. I remember when you were stumbling around, no idea what you were doing. And I remember in great length the nice little picture that KC drew, of a certain madman in a room ... devils eyes ... Anyways, I stray off the subject. What I'm talking about is old memories.

May I just say Why do you care so much!? Do you dream about this!? Is this like your one goal in life, getting this thing started!?

boltAge
09-04-2006, 04:34 AM
It would be pretentious to many if I said it was for the good of the URPG, so I will just say that because this project has been going on aimlessly for years and needs a proper closure to it.

Dr Scott
09-04-2006, 04:37 AM
What happened to you? When did you start using big words? And for that matter, capitals?

Finglonger
09-04-2006, 04:39 AM
everybody needs to chill out, just relax. no need to get worked up, or use mutlisylllabic words for that matter

Dr Scott
09-04-2006, 04:59 AM
You know Fing, you're right.

I apologize for arguing Bolt, it is getting us nowhere. Quit the opposite in fact. We shouldn't fight. Yadda yadda.

Zan Sabrefang
09-04-2006, 01:51 PM
No, sir, he won't be ignoring me for long. I have a say in this project. I suggest you treat people with respect, regardless of their position.Kinda like you with your spam post, eh? Hypocrit. And I never disrespected you. I took your views into account, but I disagree. It's not disrespect simply because I don't agree with you. So if you don't mind, I will be ignoring you from now on, that should alleviate any delusions of self proclaimed importance that you may have. You want it up and running? HELP OUT! Don't just whine about the creators absence.

In other news... I found the lists I made, so I can get them passed over and work on a few others. This should be up and moving soon enough.

Loyal Arcanine
09-04-2006, 02:11 PM
I suggest you all have less of a go at Raik, since he at least puts effort in his thoughts about the URPG, and when he says something he does so with the best intentions for URPG.

BUT Let me just say this. "The URPG deserves better." And I take it you know what it deserves ? I've been around here since what? 2000? 1999? I've seen many things happen. I've seen many people go. I waved goodbye as the best 'moderator' *Sorry Jack* ever, Dire, left. It would be like plagiarism to take over. This is his work. Create something yourself if you're so worried about it.
Should we take it you know what URPG deserves? Ever since I've been here you were gone, and the few posts you made were never constructive.

He's not a messiah, he's a human, and as a human he deserves some rights.
He's a human, and if he can't do it over a certain amount of time we should dispatch the idea or let someone else get on with it. As long as he needs because he's human? Give me a break. Let's wait with aid for development countries as long as we need, we're humans after all.

Also, I think you're out voted ^^.
Yeah? You went and collected the officials votes? Must have missed mine.

I remember when you were a wee little child, just starting. I remember when you were stumbling around, no idea what you were doing. And I remember in great length the nice little picture that KC drew, of a certain madman in a room ... devils eyes ... Anyways, I stray off the subject. What I'm talking about is old memories.
You dwell on the past too much, when you were apparently some big man and Raik was still learning how to type. We're past that now. Raik at least equals you in maturity, while he's at least four years younger.

In other news... I found the lists I made, so I can get them passed over and work on a few others. This should be up and moving soon enough.
We have all the lists, but Bron wants to "check them all over" or something before it's started. I think he said that 4 months ago.

Marth
09-04-2006, 07:06 PM
Just so you know, Bron told me he only came back to fight a few "gym challenges" and that he would dissapear again.
The park idea has been put on hold for over 3 years, and it has had few modifications. It's a matter of starting as it is right now, and correct any glitches that may arise over time.
However, it is a great deal of work to run the park, and only those that are really committed to it should be in charge of directing it. Bron isn't as committed, be it for personal reasons or not, in this park project.
Let's end the arguments about secondary issues and let's focus on the main issue:
Who will run the park, moderate it, and make corrections if necesary?
Checking everything over again will take Bron another 6 months.
My suggestion would be to create a RP commission, with DU as the leader, 3 other members who help DU in checking everything, and Raik as an advisor, since he has a knack for detecting loopholes in stuff, then launch the park.

DaRkUmBrEoN
09-04-2006, 07:21 PM
My suggestion would be to create a RP commission, with DU as the leader, 3 other members who help DU in checking everything, and Raik as an advisor, since he has a knack for detecting loopholes in stuff, then launch the park.

How much I like to do that, I can't. Sorry you guys, but I can't come on that much to be active enough. I posted the whole RP so that once Jack approves of it, he can copy over the rules, and start the RP.

But yeah, we need a RP commission, and Raik would be a good advisor for it.

Dr Scott
09-04-2006, 07:26 PM
Before we go on with whatever we go on about, I want to assure you that I'm not the stuck up bean dip you seem to have pinned on me.

1) Ok, so he has ideas. I would just please like them a bit more considerate. There are better ways to put it. Be nice about it, I guess is what I'm saying. I'm not arguing that he hasn't done plenty, just that he seems to look down on people and he presents things in a manner that some might take offense to.

2) My point is that no one man knows what it deserves. I know that I am def. not something to spout out things like that. But still, again, you could be a lot less rude about it. 'The few things you said were never constructive' C'mon now, what have I done to you? Be a little more nice, it gets things done better.

3) I've just heard 'let's do this' not people actually stepping up. It's useless to say it should get done if no one will do it.

4) The only one's expressing a voice were the one's on that night, my point simply was that maybe he should wait until more people to get on and more on his side before he made a big push. That would have shut up the lot of us.

5) Again my point was that I remembered him when he was younger, and I was poking a bit of fun at him. Humor. That is appropriate, is it not? Also, I was pointing out that I had just connected the two at being the same person, and that I remembered Rake, and that he used to be different. Again, any harm?

My point in all this is hopefully to not stir up more crap, but to put a bit of things to rest. I suggest that before you picture me as a stuck up old man you read a bit into it. Perhaps some of it was said a bit hastily, but I did apologize, did I not? I realize that my crap is getting us just as far as any of the rest, but I still want to post something so perhaps I can get the red light off my chest, I don't want to get shot today.

Loyal Arcanine
09-04-2006, 08:24 PM
1/2) Apparently, being nice is not Raik's (or my) way and he's entitled to say things is way. Being nice does not necessarily get things better, that's for toadies.

3) Yes, you're right. It's useless to say it should get done if no one will do it. So if nobody will we should just leave it.

4) Then what makes you think he'll be outvoted?

5) Sure, it's appropriate, but you're using it to tone down Raik's arguments, which is weak.

Dr Scott
09-04-2006, 08:31 PM
*Laughs* In this current situation, being nice would probably have helped out a lot. For one thing something simple wouldn't have gone on for so long, either a conclusion would have been reached or at the very least it would have been dropped. And at the time he was outvoted, so there was really no point in him going on at that time. Or the rest of us, for that reason. And actually, I doubt that I am smart enough to "tone down" anyone's arguments, I just take little to nothing seriously. Ask Marthy.

And I apologize for any offense you may have taken, Mr. Loyal Arrrr. And you, Mr. Bol. I'm whining / arguing about things that really do not matter.

Zan Sabrefang
09-05-2006, 06:30 PM
Does anyone know how the boards will be set out? So one set of boards with a sub board for each area? I know we have lists ready for the Pokemon that can be found in that area, but beyond that, I have no idea how this was going to be set up :goofy: Does anyone know or have any ideas?