PDA

View Full Version : A level 5 team...(please give me suggestions)

Silver Dragonair
06-20-2006, 05:42 PM
Ive been breeding in the oast couple days. Because I know a few people who would like to do a little cup thing for us...

We agreed on these rules:
PP ups=no no
Sleep Clause
Dragon Rage and Sonic Boom=no no
Pokemon entered must evolve and be at their lowest form
Same item doesnt matter

Tailow
Ability: Guts
Nature: Adamant

-Facade
-HP Ground (this was a pain in the ass to set up)
-Aerial Ace
-Double Edge

Meditite @choice band
Ability: Pure Power

-Brick Break
-Fake Out
-Rock Slide
-Shadow ball (just a standard set up in baby form)

Cubone @thick club
Ability:Rock Head
Nature:Adamant

-Rock Slide
-Earthquake
-Double Edge
-Swords Dance (I didnt level up the parent enough to learn bonemerang)

Houndour
Ability:Flash Fire
Nature: Modest

-Flamethrower
-Crunch
-Taunt
-Shadow Ball (filler)

Squirtle
Ability: Natural Cure
Nature: Bold

-Mud Sport/Haze/Mist/Refresh
-Ice Beam
-Surf
-Mirror Coat

(I can breed another squirtle, so which of those three at the top should I change???, I currently Have mudsport)

Abra:
Psychic
Calm Mind
Fire Punch
Thunder Punch

I will take any suggestions, changes or anything else you guys throw at me

Dragon_Seeker
06-20-2006, 06:01 PM
Tailow
Ability: Guts

-Facade
-HP Ground (this was a pain in the ass to set up)
-Aerial Ace
-Double Edge

Needs Choice Band.

Meditite @choice band
Ability: Pure Power

-Brick Break
-Fake Out
-Rock Slide
-Shadow ball (just a standard set up in baby form)

Good. But I like having my sweepers live. I'd give it a Sitrus Berry in little cup (the berry that restores 30 HP) because it's essentially a full recover.

Cubone @thick club
Ability:Rock Head
Nature:Adamant

-Rock Slide
-Earthquake
-Double Edge
-Swords Dance (I didnt level up the parent enough to learn bonemerang)

Okay. Save this for late-game though.

Houndour
Ability:Flash Fire
Nature: Modest

-Flamethrower
-Crunch
-Taunt
-Shadow Ball (filler)

Okay... I don't like fire types in little cup because they die to Rain Dancing Swift Swimmers like Omanyte (who's popular). Although he walls sunnybeamers, which is kind of okay... but Sunny Beamers aren't seen because they don't have Sleep Powder. Eh. Whatever. Use Sitrus Berry and he can stay.

Squirtle
Ability: Natural Cure
Nature: Bold

-Mud Sport/Haze/Mist/Refresh
-Ice Beam
-Surf
-Mirror Coat

(I can breed another squirtle, so which of those three at the top should I change???, I currently Have mudsport)

TBH, I'd use Surskit here with Rain Dance, Hydro Pump, Giga Drain, Ice Beam. Because they both block water, you already have a rock resist in Cubone and it beats a bunch of the dangerous pokemon in little cup (Omanyte, etc) by being faster than them. Use Sitrus Berry.

Abra:
Psychic
Calm Mind
Fire Punch
Thunder Punch

Okay. Looks fine. Use Lum or Sitrus Berry.

Silver Dragonair
06-20-2006, 06:05 PM
^^^Surskit evolves into Masquerin (i think i spelt it wrong), right...Because you have to use pokemon that do evolve but in baby (or lowest possible) form.

celebi
06-20-2006, 07:03 PM
why will you do such a team? For lvl balanced net battling?

Silver Dragonair
06-20-2006, 07:09 PM
why will you do such a team? For lvl balanced net battling?

Nah its link battling between me and my friends

I had to breed and all of that...

Dragon_Seeker
06-21-2006, 02:07 AM
^^^Surskit evolves into Masquerin (i think i spelt it wrong), right...Because you have to use pokemon that do evolve but in baby (or lowest possible) form.
I know. I tried this with a few people on NB with more or less the same rules. Surskit evolves into Masquerain. As a Surskit, he gets Swift Swim as a trait and has a higher speed base than a lot of high special attack rain dancers that some people tried (namely Omanyte and Horsea).

So, yes, Surskit is its lowest form and evolves. And it's not terrible in this format either. Onix is also kind of cool here, so long as you keep it away from Swift Swimmers.

Silver Dragonair
06-21-2006, 03:25 AM
I know. I tried this with a few people on NB with more or less the same rules. Surskit evolves into Masquerain. As a Surskit, he gets Swift Swim as a trait and has a higher speed base than a lot of high special attack rain dancers that some people tried (namely Omanyte and Horsea).

So, yes, Surskit is its lowest form and evolves. And it's not terrible in this format either. Onix is also kind of cool here, so long as you keep it away from Swift Swimmers.

I have gotten Suggestions, to use chansey and scyther too...

I dont know. It took a lot to breed to get this team.

Regice2006
06-22-2006, 12:46 AM
I've seen this kind of battle done a long time before (I think in gold/silver) so my advice may not still be pertinent. The combination of pokemon that seemed most effective was chansey (sets of lightscreen/reflect), Scyther (bp's agility/swords dance) to a thick club cubone.