PDA

View Full Version : URPG Website Progress

DaRkUmBrEoN
06-21-2006, 11:54 AM
We'll be using this thread to keep you posted on what the latest developments are.

We might be needing content once the site is done. The cash reward for an written article will be between $500 and $2000 based on the length and quality.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Current staff:

Darkumbreon - Scripting and base layout.
Defense.2 - Color sheet, skin and flash.
Ball - Analysis, events.

If you want to sign up, PM me this filled out form.

Name:
AIM SN:
Skills:

If I don't think you're qualified, I may ask for a sample.

If you got any suggestions, please post them in the other thread.
I would like to keep this one as clean as possible, so that working in different timezone's won't be a hastle.

DaRkUmBrEoN
06-21-2006, 11:54 AM
I've started on the basic layout. It's going to be just like the PE2K main page. So banner on top with links, handy info beneath that, more links on the left and the basic news/content on the space that's left.

The color's for the first skin are going to be dull blue/grey.
The second skin in going to match Mystikal's banner, because integrating it into the basic dull blue/grey would look terrible.

Yes, we are going to make multiple skins, but we need a basic, working site first.

Anyways, I already started coding the basic stuff. I finished a 'Latest posts' segment. This will show you what the latest post are in the General, Battle, Forum Battle and Stories boards. I might do the sub boards, but that's not that hard.

DaRkUmBrEoN
06-21-2006, 06:13 PM
Okay, I'm now working on the admin section of the URPG website. Obviously password protected.

It will feature a place where stuff can be typed in, so that it can be easily published on the net. I'm doing this especially for those out there who don't know HTML and such. This way no one can mess around with the coding.

The adminzone will prolly have these functions:
- Make/edit/delete articles (Talked with Ryan about this and I decided we'll be using MySQL as a escape option, to keep the server strain low.
- Keep the events list up date
- Maintain users
- Insert skins

Matt
06-21-2006, 10:38 PM
I have the buttons working, but I changed the graphics to a more appealing style. All I need is the specific drop-down options so I can adjust those into the mc's. I will also be active on the inner workings of this site: updating articles, and maybe even daily logs or progress sheets. I can also help in assigning, and I may start the drawing competition, let me know ASAP.

DaRkUmBrEoN
06-24-2006, 01:34 PM
Tested the current coding for bugs and such. (Found a lot of them! 0_0, but repaired them.)

I also finished the login script for the admin section. Next up it the sorting script for the entries, and an archive page.

Currently starting with the design of the admin section. When this is finished, I'll be getting started on the actual coding of the site itself, but because the admin section controls the entire site, it came first on my to do list.

DaRkUmBrEoN
06-25-2006, 06:58 PM
Started with the admin section. I integrated the login script in it, which cost me over 30 mins... these things are really sensitive. :dazed:

Anyway, I'm now on with the looks of the admin section. I'd be doing halfassed work if I didn't do that too. Besides it uses the same functions as the frontpage, so it's a great way to test them.

I'm guessing putting up the entry section will take up an hour or so, as will the maintaining zone. I'm hoping to have them done by Wednesday, but my time is currently a bit limited. *Hopes he doesn't meet any bugs...*

DaRkUmBrEoN
06-28-2006, 06:19 PM
Finished the basics on the admin page, only thing left is to script it's functions, which are mostly partly done by now. Aside from that I've started shaping up the main site, making it a bit nicer to view.

I've started with some other features, some of them secret until the launch of the website. :wink:

Finished up a recent code scan too... Meh, can't mess around with 2 lines of coding without making a bug or two.