aerial ace

Laparas
substitute
ice beam
surf
thunderbolt

Meno
06-21-2006, 08:42 PM
We need YOUR moves first, to see what sets you had in mind.

i leave a trail of dead
06-21-2006, 08:54 PM
i am bad at move selection and havent given it thought

Tory vs Meaty II
06-22-2006, 01:44 AM
Charizard@Leftovers, Nature: Serious
dragon claw
Fire Blast
rock slide/Steel Wing
Aerial Ace

absol@Leftover, Nature: Adanamant
Iron Tail
Aerial Ace
swords dance
Shadow Ball

Manectric@Leftovers, Nature: Mild
rain dance
thunder
double edge
charge

espeon@Lum Berry, Nature: Modest/Gentle
Reflect
Moonlight
Hidden Power: Fire
psychic

crobat@Choice Band, Nature: Adanamant
Steel Wing
sludge bomb
substitute
aerial ace

Laparas@Leftovers, Quirkly
substitute
ice beam
Body Slam
thunderbolt

Seawolf
06-22-2006, 04:43 AM
Charizard@Leftovers, Nature: Serious
dragon claw
Fire Blast
rock slide/Steel Wing
Aerial Ace

.. Don't give movesets unless you actually know how Netbattle works.

Thrall
06-22-2006, 05:52 AM
.. Don't give movesets unless you actually know how Netbattle works.

Tory got BURNED XD.

Charizard:NaughtyNature@Leftovers/WhiteHerb
Ev's:252Atk/126Spd/126Sp.Atk
AerialAce
SwordDance
Earthquake
Overheat

Absol:AdamantNature@Leftovers
Ev's:252Atk/252Spd
Taunt/Frustration
SwordDance
ShadowBall
AerialAce

Manectric:ModestNature@Leftovers
Ev's:252Spd/252Sp.Atl
HiddenPower[Grass/Ice]
ThunderBolt
Substitute
ThunderWave

Espeon:ModestNature@Leftovers
Ev's:252Sp.Atk/252Spd
SunnyDay/BatonPass
HiddenPower[Fire]
Psychic
MorningSun/CalmMind

Crobat:AdamantNature@ChoiceBand
Ev's:252Atk/252Spd
HiddenPower[Ground]
SludgeBomb
AerialAce
ShadowBall

Lapras:ModestNature@Leftovers
Ev's:252Sp.Atk/252Def
ThunderBolt
IceBeam
Surf
ConfuseRay/Psychic

I didn't know you should give a ChoiceBand Crobat Substitute.
Ev's are alittle off.

Tory vs Meaty II
06-22-2006, 06:23 AM
You'll could kiss my black ass at the Birthday Bash! Choice Band is needed for Crobat!

Thrall
06-22-2006, 08:17 AM
Yeah but you gave substitute to Crobat. All you can do is subsitute. I am editting my post because I want to be mature about Pokemon. Beside's you don't know a thing about Pokemon anyways so why should I get angry.

celebi
06-22-2006, 12:54 PM
Yeah but you gave substitute to Crobat. All you can do is subsitute. I am editting my post because I want to be mature about Pokemon. Beside's you don't know a thing about Pokemon anyways so why should I get angry.

There is no need to flame each other boys.Yes you will go on subs each turn and it has no use.

Dragon_Seeker
06-22-2006, 01:07 PM
Charizard
dragon claw
flamethrower
rock slide
wing attack

Okay... let me try to make this clear for you people.

NEVER. LEAD. WITH. A. FIRE. TYPE. THEY. SUCK. AS. LEADS.

The common leads are Zapdos, Salamence and Milotic (and a random assortment of normal CBers, Jolteon and a few others not really worth noting). Note how Charizard loses to every single one of them and badly. The only lead that has a chance against some of these is Moltres, who can scare away some defensive leads with 125 special attack.

Now onto the actual moveset... no.

Even on a special Charizard you should never use Dragon Claw. It is a terrible attack for it. It won't KO Salamence consistently and the other dragons you'd use it on are either faster or have a natural advantage (or both). For instance, if you use Dragon Claw on Flygon, ouch, that's 88% or so off Flygon. Flygon uses Rock Slide and you die. And - as cool as type coverage is - it makes you even more vulnerable to special sponges and water types. Drop Dragon Claw. Use Focus Punch in that slot.

See, the last two slots have me confused. It looks like you want to be mixed, but mixed charizard is better off not used for many good reasons. I'm going to suggest using special charizard rather than the belly drum version here because you have Espeon, but if you disagree then whatever.

Last two moves should be either Sunny Day + Substitute or Toxic + Hidden Power Grass. Hidden Power Grass for Swampert, Toxic for Milotic. Sunny Day adds to your Flamethrower/Fire Blast and Substitute makes using Focus Punch easier. By doing the sunny day route you're making life easier for water types, but it makes Snorlax and Blissey easier to deal with. EVs should be 124 Attack / 156 Speed / rest in special attack with Hasty.

absol
faint attack
slash
swords dance
rock slide

I would replace this with a normal/flying resist because you definitely need one. Right now I'm leaning towards Skarmory. I know it's disgustingly standard, but you need a way around Snorlax desperately and if it has Fire Blast, you can probably throw Swampert at it to make it go away.

Manectric
rain dance
thunder
double edge
charge

Use Jolteon or Raikou if you want a pure electric type. Rain Dance does not function well with Charizard. Manectric is terrible in OU. Because of the way your team is constructed, however, I'd use neither in that slot.

I'm kind of thinking Snorlax or Regice would be a good idea here. Raikou looks like he would make mad, passionate love to this team and destroy it... all he really needs is a Calm Mind and everything dies. Blissey is also an option, but it doesn't kill RestTalk Zapdos, who is also a problem.

espeon
calm mind
wish
shadow ball
psychic

~ Calm Mind
~ Baton Pass
~ Psychic
~ Wish / Substitute / Morning Sun / Hidden Power Fire
@ Leftovers

Last slot is more or less a filler... people like Substitute and it works, but I like HP Fire for Metagross and a random assortment of pokemon that think they can make you go away; namely Skarmory. If you don't have Substitute here, you'll want it on Charizard.

Lead with this.

crobat
HP
sludge bomb
substitute
aerial ace

You don't have a Magneton and this doesn't benefit from your Baton Passer at all. I don't know why this is even here. The only redeeming feature is the 4x fighting resist, but even so, Crobat isn't something I would want to switch into Slaking or Heracross. I would replace this with a solid rock resist so battles don't comprise of:

Enemy sent out Tyranitar on Crobat as it used Aerial Ace!
Enemy Tyranitar used Dragon Dance!
Enemy got an easy 6-0!

Swampert works well for preventing this. Because of this team's construction, I'd use:

~ Curse
~ Hydro Pump
~ Ice Beam
~ Earthquake
@ Leftovers

Modified Cursepert so it can use the special attack pass from Espeon. You could use Claydol for that slot, the fighting resist is actually quite useful, but then Metagross starts witching about being god. Skarmory can kind of counter Metagross, but IMO Swampert also benefits by adding some more damage and a bulky water, making it the better choice. And it's not like you'd want to switch Claydol into any of the things that commonly carry fighting (Heracross).

Laparas
substitute
ice beam
surf
thunderbolt

~ Rest
~ Sleep Talk
~ Ice Beam
~ Thunderbolt
@ Leftovers

You need something to absorb sleep. Plus, this way it benefits from the Calm Minds a bit more by adding some good durability. You outstall Blissey this way.