PDA

View Full Version : Snorlax Moveset

ThatMan
06-28-2006, 04:09 PM
hmm, i dunno... Plz, tell me what u think of it, and if it sux, why it sux.

Snorlax @Leftovers
Belly Drum
Rest
Earthquake
Return

What do u think? Is it useable?

to tell the truth, since both the snorlax i caught were male, i dont know how to breed in order for it to learn, for example, CURSE. if someone has snorlax with curse, could u plz explain how u did it?

this is how i wanted snorlax to be:

Snorlax @Leftovers
Curse
Shadow Ball
Return
Rest

Thrall
06-28-2006, 05:08 PM
Breed until you get a female. Then breed with a Pokemon who knows curse.

Dark Charizard
06-28-2006, 05:15 PM
and here are the move sets and other information about it if you need it http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-rs/143.shtml

.AzureLight
06-28-2006, 05:21 PM
Okay, the best movepool for Snorlax IMO is the following:

Snorlax @ Leftovers
Curse
Rest
Return
*Filler*

To get Curse, breed Snorlax with Ditto and get a female Snorlax, then get a male "Monster" (<--- Egg Group) with Curse (may require further breeding) and breed it with the female Snorlax. :oops:

Fossil Fusion
06-28-2006, 05:22 PM
Snorlax@Leftovers

Curse
Return/Body Slam
Shadow Ball
Rest

Shadow Ball for the odd Gengar, Earthquake in there if you are scared of Jirachi

Dark Charizard
06-28-2006, 05:26 PM
I always liked this move set but it is horrible
snorlax@quick claw
thunder
earthquake
facade
rest

Dragon_Seeker
06-28-2006, 06:20 PM
SNORLAX - THICK FAT
@ Leftovers
~ Body Slam
~ Fire Blast
~ Focus Punch
~ Earthquake

It's fun if you want a change from the standard Curselax or RestTalker, but you won't wall things nearly as well as you used to. Also available with Selfdestruct, because making a gigantic ball of blubber explode is quite cool.

celebi
06-28-2006, 06:35 PM
I like:

EQ
Return
Curse
Rest

bleep
06-28-2006, 10:30 PM
i was never really a big fan of starlax. its been said to me that just that one fb will prevent skarm from coming back in on a switch but its hasn't really prevented me much. its nice to get away from the standard, and that thing can royally mess people up with a bit of prediction.

Dragon_Seeker
06-28-2006, 10:34 PM
i was never really a big fan of starlax. its been said to me that just that one fb will prevent skarm from coming back in on a switch but its hasn't really prevented me much. its nice to get away from the standard, and that thing can royally mess people up with a bit of prediction.
I like starlax for many reasons. The first is that it scares the **** out of Skarmory. The second is that it can make enemy Snorlaxen quite winded when that Focus Punch connects. It's actually kind of funny how many Snorlaxes think that it's cool to start a Curse war. Or they think they can afford to curse because they know you can't. Granted, prediction is required and it's more efficient/safe to just switch to Weezing or something, but I'm a risky player. :wink:

But back to Snorlax... Focus Punch is just sick; I try to conceal it, only really showing Fire Blast and Body Slam. That sometimes tricks TTar into thinking he's safe, while we're really just leading him on and into that dirty little Focus Punch...

I also like that Gengar can't drop in and go, "OOGA BOOGA!" and try to make us go away by Subbing. Snorlax just lols and throws a Fire Blast, breaking the Sub. Granted, it sucks when it misses (and it happens more often than I'd like it to) but that's why I have Jirachi with this guy (plus it has Wish support and at heart this lug is my special wall, so meh).

And Earthquake hurts so much in standard it's awesome. He's my Jirachi counter :happy: It sucks when Jirachi has Reflect though. :sad: Luckily, that's rare. :happy:

ThatMan
06-28-2006, 11:05 PM
To get Curse, breed Snorlax with Ditto and get a female Snorlax, then get a male "Monster" (<--- Egg Group) with Curse (may require further breeding) and breed it with the female Snorlax. :oops:

err,but when u breed a pokemon with ditto, doesnt the baby always come out exactly like the one that paired with ditto? even gender?. i already have about 6 baby snorlax, and they are all male!

David Um
06-30-2006, 03:34 AM
best snorlax moveset

snorlax@leftovers
adamant nature
-rest
-return
-sleep talk/curse
-earthquake/shadow ball.

It's really hard to decide earthquake or shadow ball. Shadow ball kills gengar but then you have a T-tar problem.

DragoniteMistress
06-30-2006, 03:46 AM
Snorlax
@Leftovers
~ Curse
~ Rest
~ Sleep Talk
~ Shadow Ball

It's not the best but that's the moveset I've always used for my Snorlax.

Dark Charizard
06-30-2006, 03:47 AM
Its a bit weak sorry to say. :redface:

David Um
06-30-2006, 03:48 AM
no stab! No return on snorlax is lol.

celebi
06-30-2006, 06:03 PM
Snorlax
@Leftovers
~ Curse
~ Rest
~ Sleep Talk
~ Shadow Ball

It's not the best but that's the moveset I've always used for my Snorlax.

that's really weak sleep talk and curse will never do the job.

pokequeen963
01-04-2010, 01:37 AM
My favorite moveset for snorlax is this:

snorlax@iron ball
body slam
earthquake(awesome)
recycle
fling

for stronger shosts like gengar use fling, then recycle, or, eq and body slam.
EPIC OWNING!

Coddleflop
01-04-2010, 01:59 AM
This thread has been dead for over three years. No posting in threads that have been inactive for over a month, please.

Mudkippy
10-06-2010, 11:35 PM
If your Snorlax knows Earthquake Return, Belly Drum and Rest, have in mind that a ghost type with Levitate ability won't be hit by any of your moves. Return isn't a good move, so I suggest you to switch it for Shadow Ball, you'll so put ghosts down, and psychic types as well.