06-29-2006, 03:46 AM
registeel@leftovers
quiet nature
EVs- 16hp/124 def/252 sp.att/124 sp.def
-thunder
-explosion
-hp grass
-brick break

In case you never heard of this moveset, this moveset can work on registeel. it's the first time that anyone can use registeel as a special sweeper, but it destroys a lot of stuff and can destroy swampert with HP grass and skarmory with thunder. pretty unique just to let the netbattlers know.

Echo
06-29-2006, 09:58 AM
Needs less Sp Atk, because now it will deal:

81%-95% to a Max HP; No Sp Def Skarmory with Thunder

60%-70% to a Max HP/Sp Def Skarmory with Thunder

So, it will be a 2HKO anyways since Skarmory usually has max HP and no Sp Def EVs.

And if to Swampert with HP Grass:

64%-75% to a Max HP; No Sp Def

50%-59% to a Max HP/Sp Def

Swampert usually packs some SP Def and usually either max HP or close to max. So, a bit less Sp Def wouldn't hurt.

Also, that needs more HP and maybe Rest over Brick Break?

David Um
06-29-2006, 08:22 PM
good point.

I can replace brick break with rest, but swampert is one of the worst threats to registeel so I need sp.att to beat swmpert one-on-one. Don't you agree?

Echo
06-29-2006, 08:24 PM
good point.

I can replace brick break with rest, but swampert is one of the worst threats to registeel so I need sp.att to beat swmpert one-on-one. Don't you agree?

Yes, but if you take a look at my calculations with HP Grass against Swampert, you can see that it can still 2HKO a Max HP and Max SP Def Swampert; and no one uses those. I don't remember the most common EV spreads, but none have maxed out Sp Def, only Max HP in some cases.

Dragon_Seeker
06-29-2006, 11:28 PM
The way I see it, that Registeel needs either Focus Punch or Earthquake instead of Brick Break. Brick Break only really hurts TTar and... nothing else. Focus Punch is guaranteed to dent Snorlax, Blissey, Regice, etc. Earthquake, on the other hand, hits Jirachi and Metagross, who are going to be some of your common switches (resists Meteor Mash/Rock Slide/Sludge Bomb on Meta and resists Psychic from Jirachi). We might as well make sure we can damage them.

David Um
06-30-2006, 12:12 AM
good point. well a physical sweeping Registeel would be

Registeel@choice band
EVs- 6HP/216 att /144 def / 144 sp.def
-earthquake
-focus punch
-explosion
-ancientpower

a special sweeping registeel would be
registeel@leftovers
EVs- 44HP/124 def/146 sp.att/196 sp.def
-thunder
-ice punch
-Hp grass
-rest
Ice punch kills salamence.

Dragon_Seeker
06-30-2006, 01:36 AM
REGISTEEL - CLEAR BODY
@ Leftovers
~ Hidden Power Grass
~ Focus Punch
~ Thunder
~ Explosion

Could work IMO, but it would need some testing. And currently I can't get on NB. Explosion wrecks everything and Gengar is not going to switch into a Gengar counter. Dusclops gives you hell but what can you do? I guess pack Houndoom with this or something for Pursuit.

David Um
06-30-2006, 01:53 AM
dusclops' will-o-wisp can be a problem, but do dusclops these days even carry will-o-wisp?

Dragon_Seeker
06-30-2006, 11:59 AM
dusclops' will-o-wisp can be a problem, but do dusclops these days even carry will-o-wisp?
Yes.