PDA

View Full Version : Return of the King Gets 11 Oscar Awards!

PokemonElite2000
03-04-2004, 12:54 AM
I'm so happy that Return of the King got all the awards they were nominated for, 11 wins out of 11 nominations, including best film and best director.

It's well deserved, espicially for best film and director. It's a surprise to me that it won every category that it was nominated for, it ties the record for the most awards at 11. Also, sets the record for winning 11 out 11 nominations.

For once, I agreed with pretty much all the winner choices (partly because Return of the King won so much I suppose lol). Charlize Theron for best actress, good. For best actor, it was a split for me, either Sean Penn or Bill Murray, I was leaning more towards Murray, but Penn is good choice as well.

List of winners: http://www.oscars.org/76academyawards/nomswins.html

Neo Emolga
03-04-2004, 02:02 AM
It actually tied with Titantic for the highest amount of Academy Awards. But I honestly felt Lord of the Rings was far more popular than Titantic was in its day.

PokemonElite2000
03-04-2004, 02:33 AM
It actually tied with Titantic for the highest amount of Academy Awards. But I honestly felt Lord of the Rings was far more popular than Titantic was in its day.Right, Titanic had 11 awards, the same as Return of the King. The previous record for winning all the awards a movie has been nominated for, was 9 out of 9. Return of the King got a perfect 11 out 11, so that's the new record.

Kenny_C.002
03-04-2004, 02:51 AM
That's great man. it's a new world record for the closing part. Only appropriate. :smile:

silverfrost
03-04-2004, 08:45 PM
Yep. I'm really happy that LOTR got exactly what it deserved. It was obviously an incredible trilogy. ^^

Sophie
03-05-2004, 02:41 AM
It's hard to believe that it tied with Titanic. IMO, titanic was a much better movie than LOTR and LOTR did not deserve all the awards it got. Matrix should have been nominated -.-

Kenny_C.002
03-05-2004, 03:00 AM
Yeah. i'm kinda not a Matrix 2/3 fan. Don't get me wrong, but the first one destoryed everything (including the LOTR movies). But the Matrix as a triology pales IMO.

Alakazam
03-05-2004, 02:53 PM
Excellent, purely excellent. What a fitting end for all of the actors and staff who worked on the trilogy. I can honestly say that the Return of the King was one of the best movies I have ever seen, an accurate avatar of my favorite series of books. Congrats, Peter Jackson!

Now I really can't wait for The Silmarillion, though I know that The Hobbit will be done first...