PDA

View Full Version : Suicide

miyoun
06-29-2006, 11:56 PM
Don't worry, I am not thinking of doing it. (anytime soon)

What is your views on scuicide? Don't mention, "Its bad because your family will be sad." I want to know your PROPER long views on it.

I think scuicide is wrong in some ways for others, and right in someways for your own.

Say your best friend had fallen out with you, and you commited scuicide then, then, dude, please, somethings wrong with you. If say, your sister and dad had died, and you commited scuicide, I would really, see a small problem. But people who do it for small reasons are stupid people.

I understand, some people like me, are bullied everyday of their lives. And a few people I know, HAVE killed themselves because a chav beat them up, or a dude raped them. I know people who selfharm for the sake of it. Heck, I know people who would rather shag a tree than be with the person they are dating.

But back onto the bullying situation; If the person was beat up every day, maybe knifed a few times, I in my own defence, would kill myself. If I was raped at least once a week, by a stranger, friend, or family member, I would try get something done, if it was never fixed, I would also, kill myself. (Who'd want to be raped once a week?)

I have many other views, I cannot write atm, due to fear of being caught at 1am.

Matt
06-29-2006, 11:59 PM
If you get beat up, get help. If you get raped, get help. If your family dies, get help. You can make it better. Killing yourself is just giving in, not to mention the two side effects: you die a loser; you're dead.

Orthar
06-30-2006, 12:03 AM
Well to keep it short. Suicide happens. A small thing to someone could be huge to someone else. It all veries on theuir aspects and it is in human culture. It happens everyday. After a pharoe(sp?) in eegypt died all of his loyal people would kill themselves. Suicide.

miyoun
06-30-2006, 12:11 AM
If you get beat up, get help. If you get raped, get help. If your family dies, get help. You can make it better. Killing yourself is just giving in, not to mention the two side effects: you die a loser; you're dead.

But seriously. If you lived in Ellon, you'd be lucky to be alive to get help. People get like, knived by Slater Court people. I, through being bullied, tried getting help, the matters got worse. One occasion, I was even told no one would love me cuz i'm an ugly f--k. Just 3 thursdays ago.

Well to keep it short. Suicide happens. A small thing to someone could be huge to someone else. It all veries on theuir aspects and it is in human culture. It happens everyday. After a pharoe(sp?) in eegypt died all of his loyal people would kill themselves. Suicide.

It's like in Ellon, or anywhere in Scotland. "Oh someone commited suicide." It's not, "OMFGOMFGOMFG." Suicide is so common up here, its not even mentioned in small prints of a newspaper. Suicide actually to me, doesn't hurt as much as someone naturally dying. My great granny just died eating food in a home. and I was far more upset than someone I had seen a few times commiting suicide. And to be honest, I knew the stranger more than my great granny.

Matt
06-30-2006, 12:17 AM
Move to America, they don't take that **** lightly.

miyoun
06-30-2006, 12:22 AM
Move to America, they don't take that **** lightly.

I know. And I wish sometimes I COULD go to America and live. But frankly, no. And plsu, I'm goign to college in Aberdeen and living with Jenni.

If I moved to America, I couldn't leave Jenni behind.

magicarp009
06-30-2006, 12:23 AM
Suicide is just like giving up. As long as your alive, even if your life is unbelievably horrible, your still alive. And as long as you have life you can take efforts to make it better. In a sense, humans, all they do in life is try make their life and perhaps other lives around them better. Some people are selfish and care not for the lives around them and even harm other people.
In a case of suicide, the person commiting suicide is usually victim to a selfish person trying make his own life better, but this does not give reason for the one pondering suicide to give up. If you have seen shows such as Naruto (sorry for bringing up an anime if you are not an anime/manga fan, but this is a good example) the show displays the message to keeping trying no matter the odds, no matter the disadvantage. Thus suicide is simply falling off for a mere bad start in this game of life. Life takes many turns and you can turn you life around if you try hard enough.

Orthar
06-30-2006, 12:28 AM
Suicide is just like giving up. As long as your alive, even if your life is unbelievably horrible, your still alive. And as long as you have life you can take efforts to make it better. In a sense, humans, all they do in life is try make their life and perhaps other lives around them better. Some people are selfish and care not for the lives around them and even harm other people.
In a case of suicide, the person commiting suicide is usually victim to a selfish person trying make his own life better, but this does not give reason for the one pondering suicide to give up. If you have seen shows such as Naruto (sorry for bringing up an anime if you are not an anime/manga fan, but this is a good example) the show displays the message to keeping trying no matter the odds, no matter the disadvantage. Thus suicide is simply falling off for a mere bad start in this game of life. Life takes many turns and you can turn you life around if you try hard enough.
To some poeple, suicide is moving on. Once again, it depends on the persons views on the matter. On this subject you cannot be so one minded.

magicarp009
06-30-2006, 12:42 AM
To some poeple, suicide is moving on. Once again, it depends on the persons views on the matter. On this subject you cannot be so one minded.

But how can you say that dying is moving on? I understand you may be speaking of going to heaven or something similar but I don't think giving up should be considered moving on. you only have one life. No matter how bad it is, keep it. If you want to go to heaven, don't be in such a rush, you can still go there, you will die someday but atleast try to make your life better.

miyoun
06-30-2006, 12:45 AM
Like I said;

If you go through bullying, maybe being knived, going to hospital, then you would commit suicide.

I would.

magicarp009
06-30-2006, 12:52 AM
Like I said;

If you go through bullying, maybe being knived, going to hospital, then you would commit suicide.

I would.

I wouldn't. As long as I can get up, I won't stay down.

I don't mean to get on your nerves, but I see suicide as never an option. I guess this is my point of view. I too have experianced injury, hospital times, but I'm still going
I won't fall. I hope you don't either.

Loyal Arcanine
06-30-2006, 01:20 AM
Well, suicide is one thing that you'll never regret. :tongue:

More seriously, I don't like how some people say suicide is giving in. Yeah, and so what? Sometimes situations are that extreme that giving in is the most pleasant solution. If your problems are that big, and by giving in you lose them, you should not be despised for giving in even if it's such a dramatic way of giving in.

Also, people who commit suicide must feel so bad that there are no words for it. Because if there was even one thing, the smallest thing, any thing that you still like about life, you'll fail at committing suicide. You might try but you'd think of that thing and either pull out, or because of that thing your attempt was not convincingly done anyway. I'd think you have to be a strong character to commit suicide. That might sound strange, but pussy's just can't do it. They'd choke at the crucial moment or as I said before, do a bad attempt. And that's dangerous, because failed suicide attempts might make you end up even more unhappier than before, even though you might not have believed that was possible when attempting it.

Seven
06-30-2006, 06:21 PM
I agree with Mike, it's easy for people to say "OH MAH LORD that's just WEAAAAAAK" but the truth of the matter is, that one can never know how others feel.

I don't have an opinion on suicide itself, I mean, it's not my business what other people choose to do with their lives. If they don't want to live, fine, life isn't mandatory or anything.

Ham and Cheese
06-30-2006, 06:30 PM
Personal experience aside, suicide isn't supposed to be a topic of debate. When something totally unbelievably sad happens to you, you're supposed to get help, as I did.

Echo
06-30-2006, 09:02 PM
It's weird how suicide can be considered as a murder. You kill a human that you have planned to kill. That's why some people consider it to be not correct in an ethical way.

Assassin Raichu, it's just not your town of Ellon/lands of Scotland where these things happen regurlarly or without being noticed. There are cities with multiple millions of people, do you think "it's that big of a deal" there when someone commits a suicide? Ellon sounds like a quite small place, so I doubt that people there "Oh someone commited suicide", because in a small community, there will always be people who have known the suicider and will be grave for their loss.

I live in a fairly small city as well; with 30,000 people, everything that happens here is instantly known all around the city. Some years ago, a young, 15-year-old, girl was knived by a 21-year-old man. It was on the first page of our local newspaper and even unknown people (unknown to the family of the knived girl) brought candles to the place of death. Just an example that these things don't go unnoticed.

My friend's father committed a suicide by hanging himself after getting extremely drunk. The reason for committing it? A good friend of that father had 'stolen' a woman from that father. Yes, now to think of it; would you commit a suicide if your love was taken away by your best friend?

Magikarp009, you would never commit a suicide? It's good to think optimistically, but what if you'd suddenly notice that there is no one left to love you (meaning that you've lost family/friends/pets), except God. God would've been kind enough to let you live on the streets, but living on the streets is just plain miserable. Would you commit a suicide to "move on" and pass on to Heaven or would you stay on Earth and live your life of misery? There's always a pessimistic side in everything.

"Wishful thinking only leads to disappointment."

After these little stories, I conclude by saying that in my opinion, suicide is a fine way to end your life, if there is no life to live anymore.

Hypocrisy is Fun
06-30-2006, 09:10 PM
Suicide, that's somthing I have been around. I know a friend who took his own life. I see it as a big waste. You lived your life just to waste it. Rarely do I see suicide a good idea. If somthing happens to you, get help. There's no reason at all to take your own life. It's just me talking, but I think in some cases I have heard, it's just plain dumb...

For example. (This is true, but don't read it if you can't take gore)

A man cut off his own arm with a saw so it would look like an acident and he would get insurance money. After cutting off his arm, he realized what a mistake it was, so he then cut his neck so he would die. He didn't want to live the way he was.

Yes its a true story. I don't know the name of this man, but he took his own life because of that reason. He should of thought through it before he got the saw. He thought it was the only way, and knew he might kill himself. He ended up in more pain then he did while in his crisis.

Seawolf
06-30-2006, 09:45 PM
Not to be mean, but ...

suicide is for cowards.

Loyal Arcanine
06-30-2006, 11:09 PM
Not to be mean, but ...

suicide is for cowards.

Well, suicide is one thing that you'll never regret. :tongue:

More seriously, I don't like how some people say suicide is giving in. Yeah, and so what? Sometimes situations are that extreme that giving in is the most pleasant solution. If your problems are that big, and by giving in you lose them, you should not be despised for giving in even if it's such a dramatic way of giving in.

Also, people who commit suicide must feel so bad that there are no words for it. Because if there was even one thing, the smallest thing, any thing that you still like about life, you'll fail at committing suicide. You might try but you'd think of that thing and either pull out, or because of that thing your attempt was not convincingly done anyway. I'd think you have to be a strong character to commit suicide. That might sound strange, but pussy's just can't do it. They'd choke at the crucial moment or as I said before, do a bad attempt. And that's dangerous, because failed suicide attempts might make you end up even more unhappier than before, even though you might not have believed that was possible when attempting it.

^ Look Meaghan, you're awesome and stuff, but I totally disagree with you here. :tongue:

absol2005
06-30-2006, 11:13 PM
Not to be mean, but ...

suicide is for cowards.

Well, they surely aren't afraid of death... :P

Dakota
07-01-2006, 12:50 AM
Suicide is cowardly and selfish. Nothing much else decribes it for me.

Seawolf
07-01-2006, 04:32 AM
^ Look Meaghan, you're awesome and stuff, but I totally disagree with you here. :tongue:

You have a good point, but if you just can't take the pain anymore and feel as though you can't continue living ... ending it would just mean that you can't face your own feelings. That just seems pathetic to me. The thing about humans is that they are always meant to go through a cycle of pain and then eventually get over it.

It would be a different situation if you were being locked up in some pervert's closet and being tortured everyday, though. But if you took your life over something as trivial as a break-up, then something's wrong.

I hope this all made sense. I'm tired.

Ham and Cheese
07-01-2006, 04:37 AM
Oh, I love the narrow-mindedness. :D Suicide isn't the solution, and over a break-up is plain out stupid, but facing your feelings hurts, and sometimes the pain just doesn't end for some people.

Luner_Eclipse
07-01-2006, 04:45 AM
It's giving up.... No one should. I'll quote this in a nother post to tell you something... It may not make you think, but it makes me not wanna think... But lisen to it when I post.

InvertrevnI
07-01-2006, 04:47 AM
Suicide is cowardly and selfish. Nothing much else decribes it for me.
Cowardly? Not so. You'd have to be prett tough to actualy go through with it, but any loser could attempt it.

I wouldn't do it myself, nothing can realy hurt me that much. I deal with pain, and can take out my anger in video games, rather than real people. I'm a just too tough for suicide, i'm part military. Yup, two grandparents in the air force, and a gun closet locked up inside my room. Ruhm nach Deutschland.

If I did, i'd go with a bang. (Jumping of a scyscrpaer while firing fireworks, for example.)

Luner_Eclipse
07-01-2006, 06:04 AM
It's giving up.... No one should. I'll quote this in a nother post to tell you something... It may not make you think, but it makes me not wanna think... But lisen to it when I post.
Ok.
My dad's favorit brother (Out of 6) was named Ken. He was the only one to give him gifts and money. He tried killing himself many times. Once he shot him self in the head. The bullet ricoshayed off his jaw and blew part of his face off. The last time was in front of my dad. Ken stabed himself in the chest.... The last time. He suffered... I wish he never did that. I never met him... Last thing...

My name is after my dads brother ken... My name is Ken too....

So don't do that. Kick the crap of your desteny! Never give up! No wall can stop you! Remember. Pain is only an element...

That's what I would say.

Snow Fairy Sugar
07-01-2006, 08:29 AM
Ok.
My dad's favorit brother (Out of 6) was named Ken. He was the only one to give him gifts and money. He tried killing himself many times. Once he shot him self in the head. The bullet ricoshayed off his jaw and blew part of his face off. The last time was in front of my dad. Ken stabed himself in the chest.... The last time. He suffered... I wish he never did that. I never met him... Last thing...

My name is after my dads brother ken... My name is Ken too....

So don't do that. Kick the crap of your desteny! Never give up! No wall can stop you! Remember. Pain is only an element...

That's what I would say.

Exactly...always face the challenges in life,straight backed and proud,don't try running away from them...beleive me,the greater the difficulty the sweeter the victory...after all,every cloud has a silver lining...

Echo
07-01-2006, 09:48 AM
Oh, please...

May Norman and Luner Eclipse, you two are completely ignoring the facts what, for example, Loyal Arcanine mentioned about.

"Every cloud has a silver lining" used to be one of my favorite quotes when I was younger; until I realized that it's not true. Let's say your father dies. What good is there, what silver is there at all? Especially if you're an atheist, etc., then you can't even believe that your father got to Heaven.

Pain is not really an element, it's more like a status. And your statement is false as well. What if the 'element of pain' overcomes you? What if you can't take it anymore? Then you try to think about positive sayings like the one above, "every cloud has a silver lining". You think deeply about those, and then, you notice that the pain is still there. There's no way that there could be anything good in your cloud.

You have a good point, but if you just can't take the pain anymore and feel as though you can't continue living ... ending it would just mean that you can't face your own feelings.

And committing suicide means that:

1) You are weak and cannot endure your feelings.

or

2) You admit that you cannot take your feelings anymore.

It always depends on one's perspective. In my opinion, admittance of those kinf of things is better word than "giving up".

miyoun
07-01-2006, 09:58 AM
Echo, you just said everything I was thinking while checking on this thread, and more. xD

Dude, you rock.

So, no comment on this since its basicly already been said.

Dakota
07-01-2006, 03:20 PM
Cowardly? Not so. You'd have to be prett tough to actualy go through with it, but any loser could attempt it.

You're thinking differenty than I am. When I say cowardly, I don't mean they are afraid of death, I mean they are afraid of life.

Luner_Eclipse
07-02-2006, 04:51 AM
Pain is not really an element, it's more like a status. And your statement is false as well. What if the 'element of pain' overcomes you? What if you can't take it anymore? Then you try to think about positive sayings like the one above, "every cloud has a silver lining". You think deeply about those, and then, you notice that the pain is still there. There's no way that there could be anything good in your cloud.

Good point.

Alienshroom
07-19-2006, 01:52 AM
i dont know what to think of Suicide i cant imagine myself doing it nore being in a situwation that toke it to that extreme

melonhead
07-19-2006, 08:42 PM
I can see the pros and cons of both sides. Considering that they have been repeating over and over.
Born Life Death. It's a cycle. But some people, they want to cut the cycle sort. That's there prob.
It's just going to be said again and again. There's nothing new to say.
That's my view.

D-man
08-25-2006, 11:24 PM
Suicide is never an option life is a test.You won't see a dear that broke a leg suicide even thow it crucial to get away from predators.Simply face the problem me my older brother has passed away when I was nine it's been six years I've still continued.If I have suicided I'm pretty sure that he would have a bad image of me.

Vampire
08-25-2006, 11:25 PM
I believe if you kill yourself you will go to hell, as your are really comminting murder, and I believe you will go to hell :x

D-man
08-25-2006, 11:27 PM
I believe if you kill yourself you will go to hell, as your are really comminting murder, and I believe you will go to hell :x

It is so as well in my religion Islam.

Vampire
08-25-2006, 11:29 PM
It is so as well in my religion Islam.
Well my religeon is wiccan...But suicide is wrong.

Neo Emolga
08-25-2006, 11:46 PM
People that commit suicide are the ones that feel they can't break away from their problems. If college is giving you royal hell, transfer. If parents are forcing you to get grades you find are impossible to achieve, fully present your side of the story, and do NOT let their interuptions stop you from giving them every freaking detail you can. If they're human, they'll listen.

Lastly, don't lie ever, and don't cheat. The best way to avoid suicide is making sure you avoid the situations that would lead to thoughts like that in the first place.

.AzureLight
08-26-2006, 01:09 AM
There's a simple saying that goes: "Suicide is not the answer."

RedRoninMan
08-29-2006, 10:48 PM
Its stupid. Im a stone-hard aethist(much to my families disapproval) and know there is absolutely nothing after death,so why waste your life?

DarkAmethyst
08-29-2006, 10:55 PM
Suicide is stupid and pointless. Like Vampire and D-man said, if you commit suicide, heh, you're goin' to Hell.

The Kinslayer
08-29-2006, 11:21 PM
My answer is within a "permanent solution to a temporary problem".