PDA

View Full Version : Journey Across America Tournament!

acidfairy
06-30-2006, 12:42 AM
Based on seeing all the "champions" that we've been seeing, constantly using Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Mewtwo, Legendary birds, etc., what do you guys would be the best counter team for these people/pokes? I was thinking specifically for these pokemon only. Also consider that along the way, these pokes have to fend for themselves for the people who don't have the ubers. Any ideas?

David Um
06-30-2006, 01:19 AM
um, you can try the chaosbreon set. Here's how it works.

first of all, you send out umbreon first against the opponent. Mean look the opponent and make sure they don't have any moves like Hidden power. If they do, switch out. If they don't, mean look and baton pass to shedinja. Since your opponent can't do anything, sword dance up to the max and destroy their entire team.

how's that?

Dragon_Seeker
06-30-2006, 01:34 AM
um, you can try the chaosbreon set. Here's how it works.

first of all, you send out umbreon first against the opponent. Mean look the opponent and make sure they don't have any moves like Hidden power. If they do, switch out. If they don't, mean look and baton pass to shedinja. Since your opponent can't do anything, sword dance up to the max and destroy their entire team.

how's that?
No. You won't be able to set that up in 2v2, particularly an environment as aggressive as 2v2 ubers.

David Um
06-30-2006, 01:54 AM
No. You won't be able to set that up in 2v2, particularly an environment as aggressive as 2v2 ubers.

oh I forgot, people in JAA abuse explosion here, but shedinja is a good pokemon is ubers since ubers don't usually carry things that kill shedinja (except groudon)

Pika57
06-30-2006, 01:55 AM
Use uubers themselves. Fro mthe looks of it, about one winner didn't use uubers. However, we can assume that soem fo the more competitive online battlers did compete, and used uubers. But why? Because even a n00b that has semi-decent movesets on his uubers, can prove a hassle for an experienced battler. So all the experienced people use uubers with good movesets and win.

Even PE2Ks own Khold(who is going to participate) is going to use uubers.

David Um
06-30-2006, 02:18 AM
Use uubers themselves. Fro mthe looks of it, about one winner didn't use uubers. However, we can assume that soem fo the more competitive online battlers did compete, and used uubers. But why? Because even a n00b that has semi-decent movesets on his uubers, can prove a hassle for an experienced battler. So all the experienced people use uubers with good movesets and win.

Even PE2Ks own Khold(who is going to participate) is going to use uubers.

? nobody won an uber tournament using no ubers. Or he shouldn't even entered JAA in the first place. I wish there was a tourney of OUs.

Pika57
06-30-2006, 02:28 AM
? nobody won an uber tournament using no ubers. Or he shouldn't even entered JAA in the first place. I wish there was a tourney of OUs.

Uhh... the guy did. Read up.

His Strategy wa slisted as having benn creative and not using uubers.

David Um
06-30-2006, 02:37 AM
I can only think that my chaosbreon strategy is the best option for ubers, but I don't know anything else.

Dark Charizard
06-30-2006, 02:40 AM
I hate those bums. Every each one has a mewtwo or groudon or some kind of uber, at least I used my non uber team!

David Um
06-30-2006, 02:41 AM
I hate those bums. Every each one has a mewtwo or groudon or some kind of uber, at least I used my non uber team!

well, good for you. I can't seem to get past the semifinals without using ubers either. You can encounter mewtwo with explosion all the damn time!

but metagross is a good choice if you want to stand a chance against JAA.

Dark Charizard
06-30-2006, 02:49 AM
I got lost in the semi finals until from guy who had a rayquaza and kyogre.

Pickleboy
06-30-2006, 02:57 AM
Can't you guys just use the Ubers abilty to your advantage? Y'know, Solar Beam Groudon, Thunder Kyogre, and just Ice Beam Rayquaza. Stop whining and start woopin' some a**!

Dark Charizard
06-30-2006, 03:18 AM
using those ubers is just going to make us those stuiped bumms!

David Um
06-30-2006, 03:25 AM
baton pass ninjask is useful, especially when ninjask sword dances twice and BP onto metagross or machamp.

raikou can kill a lot of stuff in ubers and so can blissey if it is played right.

Dark Charizard
06-30-2006, 03:28 AM
baton pass ninjask is useful, especially when ninjask sword dances twice and BP onto metagross or machamp.

raikou can kill a lot of stuff in ubers and so can blissey if it is played right.
We can just make a whole team like blissey,wobba,mettagross and bunch of other really strong pokemon and then they would start saying "hey those guys killed my pokemons using cheats!"

David Um
06-30-2006, 03:29 AM
We can just make a whole team like blissey,wobba,mettagross and bunch of other really strong pokemon and then they would start saying "hey those guys killed my pokemons using cheats!"

well, that's not gonna work. Wobba is an uber and baton pass ninjask rocks in ubers.

Dark Charizard
06-30-2006, 03:33 AM
yeah it probley doas

Dragon_Seeker
06-30-2006, 12:06 PM
Use ubers. Using an few ubers doesn't make you stupid unless you play them stupidly. :neutral: