View Full Version : Pokemon analysis:Celebi

David Um
06-30-2006, 03:22 AM
Celebi
Tier:Very OU
Type: grass/psychic

http://www.dltk-kids.com/pokemon/adoptions/celebi.jpg

Ability:Natural Cure
Pokémon with this Trait posses the ability to cure themselves upon leaving play.

stats: max an LV 100
HP-404
ATT-299
DEF-299
SP.ATT-299
SP.DEF-299
SPEED-299

Ruby/Sapphire Text
This Pokémon came from the future by crossing over time. It is thought that so long as Celebi appears, a bright and shining future awaits us.

FireRed/LeafGreen Text
When CELEBI disappears deep in a forest, it is said to leave behind an egg it brought from the future.

Emerald Text
This POKéMON came from the future by crossing over time. It is thought that so long as CELEBI appears, a bright and shining future awaits us.

Defensive effectiveness:
4x:bug
2x:fire,ice,flying,dark,poison,ghost
1/2x:water,psychic,ground,grass,electric,fighting

SET 1:Heal bell @leftovers
-leech seed
-psychic
-heal bell
-recover
Here it is, the most godliest annoyer in the OU metagame. Heal bell any kind of status crap the opponent sends you, and leech seed blisseys and snorlax so they can't kill you as much. This thing laughs at swamperts and bulky waters. Even gengar will fall onto this set.
Send in celebi against nearly anything because it's got massive defenses and huge HP, so even super-effective attacks can't damage celebi that much at all.

SET 2:Perish song
-perish song
-heal bell
-recover
-psychic
well, all I can think of this set is that it is used in conjunction with umbreon. First, umbreon mean looks the opponent, and baton pass onto celebi. Hope that's not a houndoom or moltres or you're dead. Perish song the opponent and switch if the perish song runs out of time, which is about three turns. SWITCH or you're screwed as well. This was a good combo in the history of netbattle and will be a good combo until the end of pokemon.

SET 3: calm mind special sweeper
-calm mind
-HP grass/giga drain
-psychic
-recover
A calm mind set. This is the set I'd normally use in-game, but it can work on netbattle. Basically CM up, and beat the crap out of your opponent. For tyranitar,swampert, and other bulky waters, a calm minded HP grass sends thess goons back to hell. Psychic added with a calm mind 2HKO's skarmory with max HP and no sp.def EVs and recover when your health gets low. You can use giga drain if you want more longevity. When metagross or houndoom appears, you are screwed.

SET 4:Swords dancer
-shadow ball
-HP fighting/ancient power
-swords dance
-baton pass
Sword dance passer. Swords dance, then basically sweep away or baton pass onto another physical sweeper. (the physical sweeper must be fast, because celebi can't learn agility mind you.) HP fighting can OHKO tyranitar and a sword danced shadow ball dents metagross. If the opponent thinks you're going to switch or pass, give them a SD shadow ball or Hidden power instead. Ancient power isn't necessary, but it can kill moltres and charizard along the way and stat boost in every one of your stats isn't something to be ignored.

Other options: Reflect and light screen can save you from moltres or gross balls from ruining your day. (gross balls mean shadow balls.) Toxic for stalling blissey and snorlax, but you can easily do that with leech seed. Water pulse is novelty, but it can damage houndoom after a CM. HP ice can be for salamence if you're paranoid.

EVs- So many EV spreads that can work for celebi, a lot of HP and sp.def for the annoyer and perish song set, and max sp.att and speed on the calm mind sweeper set. Timid or modest works nice here.

A whole different story for the sword dance baton passer here. EV points should be in HP, att, and speed. defenses are what's left of your EVs. I use this EV setup:
132 HP/116 att /60 def/40 sp.def/144 speed.

Opinion: A solid, annoying your opponent to hell, grass type. Netbattle players abuse celebi on their teams and I guess it's that good. 100 in all the base stats is something to be accredited for.

Counters:Shiftry, Cacturne, Houndoom, Tyranitar, Metagross, Skarmory, Dusclops can wear it's ass out of Leech Seed, Salamence, Gyarados and Moltres can tear the hell apart out of celebi.

Pika57
06-30-2006, 03:44 AM
I don't see the point in threads like these. the just re-word and repeat what is said on other sites. If it was a new and original moveset, I would get it, but it just seems like a pokedex entry thread, that includes easily obtained information, and wil leventually disapear.

Most of it was copied from here.

http://www.smogon.com/advance/celebi/strategy

Explains where the term Chaosbreon came from...

David Um
06-30-2006, 03:46 AM
well, I never heard of the name skarm, but I'm sworddigger from smogon. Nice to meet you.

smogon is useful if you need help on netbattle, but if you don't like smogon or they banned you, you can always PM me for an analysis and I can post it up there.

Pika57
06-30-2006, 03:48 AM
well, I never heard of the name skarm, but I'm sworddigger from smogon. Nice to meet you.

Skarm is a staff member.

The point i'm trying to make is that this isn't helpful.

You're just copying other sites, and rewording a bit of it.

If ti was toatally original, then it'd be much more intresting.

David Um
06-30-2006, 03:52 AM
Skarm is a staff member.

The point i'm trying to make is that this isn't helpful.

You're just copying other sites, and rewording a bit of it.

If ti was toatally original, then it'd be much more intresting.

well, I did have a hard time making an analysis of celebi...
I don't care if Skarm is a staff member

Pika57
06-30-2006, 03:57 AM
well, I did have a hard time making an analysis of celebi...
I don't care if Skarm is a staff member

Don't worry aobut Skarm, it really has nothing to do with anything.

What it comes down to, is that you just reformatted a page from Smgogn, and added some original comments on the movesets.

David Um
06-30-2006, 03:58 AM
well, I guess it's for people who hate smogon because they were banned or bullied from that site.

Porygon2
07-01-2006, 08:08 PM
That doesn't mean they can't look up the info.

What's going to be the point of this once the new simulater comes out (makers of NB abandoned it, website expired). It's going to be made by chaos founder and admin of SMOGON. Those people who hate Smogon will not get the sim so they will NOT need this.

Echo
07-02-2006, 01:12 PM
That doesn't mean they can't look up the info.

What's going to be the point of this once the new simulater comes out (makers of NB abandoned it, website expired). It's going to be made by chaos founder and admin of SMOGON. Those people who hate Smogon will not get the sim so they will NOT need this.

Exactly how do you know that they won't get the new simulator? Also, what's up with the bolded text? Most people know that anyways and by bolding that piece of text, you'll just end up having tons of comments like:

"I don't care if chaos is an admin."

Though, I do agree on the fact that 'they', neither most of us, need this. Besides, there are already tons of analyses of each Pokemon on loads of different sites, so why bother filling this place up with them too? Especially since this forum is obviously not meant for competitive battling.

Finch
07-02-2006, 01:20 PM
One thing's for sure- the analysis post was much more useful than the "OMG we don't need this we can look everywhere else" posts.

Husnain
07-02-2006, 01:38 PM
One thing's for sure- the analysis post was much more useful than the "OMG we don't need this we can look everywhere else" posts.
Exactly. It was useful :tongue3:

Dragon_Seeker
07-02-2006, 03:14 PM
There are two Celebi sets that are standard. The first set listed and the CMpass. You lack the CMpass. Instead, we are treated to CMsweeper, which defeats the purpose of the CMpass because Celebi doesn't really have the stats to sweep with Psychic and Giga Drain. You see, not only are those two moves ridiculously easy to wall with insanely common pokemon like, oh, Metagross, Jirachi and other Celebis, but you are also sporting a big red target painted on your face that says, "Dugtrio me, then even if I do survive, follow up with a high powered sweeper that outruns me!" Or, better yet, during Celebi's setup just throw Snorlax at it and Curse. 'Lax will win 1-on-1.

And the EVs you gave it do not help it in its cause. Try 252 HP / 148 Def / 16 Spd / 92 SDef with Bold so you actually survive the Dugtrio hit. Modest... there is no point to Modest.

And the CM tank thing is more like...

~ Calm Mind
~ Psychic
~ Leech Seed
~ Recover
@ Leftovers

With the EVs mentionned above so it survives Duggy. Giga Drain's only purpose is to KO Dugtrio and scare off TTar because Psychic, Leech Seed and your EQ resist rapes Swampert anyways. If you suspect HP Bug, which is highly uncommon, just switch. Psychic already KOs Milotic and the other waters and you don't deal anything to suicune anyways so don't even make the argument. You have no special attack whatsoever if you've done your EVs correctly (because for that special attack stat, you trade survival against Dugtrio and Salamence) and even then Suicune just has to Roar. You still kill basically any ground type because the ground types today are Swampert (already dealt with), Flygon (equal or higher speed, HP Bug, CB, you don't KO him unless you have about 3 Calm Minds and you'd use Psychic anyways), Rhydon (never seen and easy to hit on the switch with his insane 45 special defense) and Donphan (doesn't have the threatening HP Bug/Megahorn like Rhydon/Flygon... most of the time). Oh, and Dugtrio.

CMpass, which is designed so something with the movepool and typing to sweep can sweep. For instance, Zapdos, Boah, etc.

~ Calm Mind
~ Baton Pass
~ Recover
~ Psychic / Giga Drain / Leech Seed
@ Leftovers

Psychic is standard in last slot. CeleJump is fairly outdated IMO; lack of Recover hurt it too much. Same defensive EVs as the above set because they do the same thing basically; they setup and while one sits there and tries to go off with a sweep (while supporting with status absorb because of natural cure, leech seeding stuff, etc) the other passes so something else can sweep.

Shadow Ball is standard on the Swords Dance Passer because it rapes Jirachis and other Celebis. Hidden Power Fighting is just for TTar, really.

And how does Dusclops counter this thing? Recover? Base 100 defense? Celebi wins 1-on-1 anyways. Why isn't Regice listed? 200 special defense base and Psych Up against a CMpasser or CMtank with STAB Ice Beam? Umm, hi? Jirachi should also be mentionned considering it walls the **** out of any Celebi (and has recently been adopting Fire Punch to KO the devil pixie).

Please know what your talking about. Please.