PDA

View Full Version : Monotype flying team

darkespeon06
07-04-2006, 04:15 PM
I'm making a monotype flying team for my Firered. Can I get some help with it?

The pokemon on my team will be:
Gyarados
Pidgeot
Fearow
Farfetch'd
Dodrio
Dragonite

Echo
07-05-2006, 12:48 PM
Needs more Gligar and Skarmory over Farfetch'd and Pidgeot.

Also, maybe tell us what you're planning to give them as moves/abilities/EVs/natures/items...

Dog of Hellsing
07-05-2006, 10:40 PM
Eh, I don't suggest Mono teams, ESPECIALLY Fliers. There are too many Mon packing things like Ice Beam and Thunderbolt. You'll be killed before you can set up. Gligar can take Electric attacks, but one Ice Beam and it's dead. Skarm fears Thunderbolt. Dragonite dies to Blizzard.

Mono teams are usually more trouble than they're worth, but meh. List the things Echo mentioned and I'll see what I can do to help.

Dragon_Seeker
07-05-2006, 11:00 PM
I'm making a monotype flying team for my Firered. Can I get some help with it?

The pokemon on my team will be:
Gyarados
Pidgeot
Fearow
Farfetch'd
Dodrio
Dragonite
Drop Farfy for Articuno so you at least have something to resist Ice Beam (yes, Gyarados works kind of but he's still fairly frail and has the nasty 4x to Thunderbolt). Zapdos with Light Screen is almost a necessity here, probably over Pidgeot. Fearow can be replaced by Gligar to help cover up your Rock Slide weakness.

hsb39
07-06-2006, 08:31 AM
Eh, I don't suggest Mono teams, ESPECIALLY Fliers. There are too many Mon packing things like Ice Beam and Thunderbolt. You'll be killed before you can set up. Gligar can take Electric attacks, but one Ice Beam and it's dead. Skarm fears Thunderbolt. Dragonite dies to Blizzard.

Mono teams are usually more trouble than they're worth, but meh. List the things Echo mentioned and I'll see what I can do to help.
From what I've heard mono-type teams are fun while versing other mono-type teams, I think that there is or there is going to be a mono-type team comp.

RedRoninMan
07-06-2006, 02:14 PM
You should have a Fire/Flying type a la Charizard or moltres.

Dog of Hellsing
07-06-2006, 07:20 PM
From what I've heard mono-type teams are fun while versing other mono-type teams, I think that there is or there is going to be a mono-type team comp.

If you're going against other Mono teams it could be fun, unless you have to fight Electric/Ice Mono teams. *Shrug.* It would indeed be a good idea to stick in Zard/Tres and Zappy, so you have backup against the Ice/Electric Mon. Of course, something like an Arty or a fast Flier that can learn Ice Beam is needed for the Rock Mon.

pokeplayer66
07-07-2006, 07:05 PM
keep farfedth if using endure/flail combo but put in gligar (as someone already said) and swellow

Crunchy White
07-07-2006, 08:09 PM
add charizard or moltres
add gligar or aerodactyle

and if theres no fear of having ice moves used on you, i guess jumpluff or tropius to reduce damage from electric moves, or a zapdos :eh:

Peace

Fossil Fusion
07-07-2006, 08:25 PM
Movesets, Natures and EVs would be helpful (: