PDA

View Full Version : Cable/Link-up Help

Ranodei
07-09-2006, 06:47 PM
All right.. I have just bought Emerald version yesterday. Along with Emerald I bought a Madcatz link cable. I have so far beaten Brawly in Emerald and I have not passed XD yet.

When I try to connect my GBA to my GC, I can register my XD Pokemon. However, I cannot get the GBA Pokemon to work. I get to the screen where it says connect the gameboy advanced to the #2 socket. It also says you must save at a Pokemon Center..

I don't understand what you have to do. Do you have to go to the Direct Corner in the PokeCenter to initiate the battle? Or is there something special I have to do?

Can someone give me a walkthru on what to do? I hope that this Madcatz cable works or there is 10 bucks flushed down the toilet..

By the way, can I transfer my GBA Pokemon to XD and the XD Pokemon to the GBA?

InvertrevnI
07-09-2006, 07:04 PM
Um..You're using a GBA/GCN cable I hope.

I alos think you have to beat the game, it was that way in Colluseum, correct me if i'm wrong. You need to save in emerald at the Pokemon Center, in the colluseum in the direct corner I think it was.

My head hurts today...

Ranodei
07-09-2006, 09:17 PM
http://www.madcatz.com/Default.asp?Page=130&CategoryImg=GameCube_Cables

There is the product that I am using.. So I need to beat Emerald in order to do this? Do I select Single Battle in the Direct Corner or what?

InvertrevnI
07-09-2006, 09:22 PM
http://www.madcatz.com/Default.asp?Page=130&CategoryImg=GameCube_Cables

There is the product that I am using.. So I need to beat Emerald in order to do this? Do I select Single Battle in the Direct Corner or what?
I think you need to finish XD. In Colluseum, a chamber under the main Pokemon center opened, where you could trade.

Yes, you do select single/double battle based on the game rules, and save that game afetr that, turn it off, and start the battle in XD.

Right cable

Ranodei
07-10-2006, 01:12 AM
I plugged in the GBA. It is plugged into the #2 socket. I turn it on and it goes to the main game.. When I get to the main game I go to the direct corner and say single battle (what I selected in XD) and then things just sit there after I have saved. The GBA says please wait like it is waiting for the other player to connect.

The Gamecube just sits there. It says please insert the cord into a GBA with a Pokemon cartridge and turn the power on. I do that and the GBA just goes to the main game..

I switched over to Colleseum where I have finished the game.

I have 2 badges..

EDIT: I figured it out, thanks for all the help Rayquaza Fan!