PDA

View Full Version : Rhydon

hsb39
07-10-2006, 07:06 AM
I'm training up my Rhydon and I can't think of a good last move, here's what I got:

Rhydon@Quick Claw(This is not a strategic set)
Trait:Lightning Rod (Double battler)
Bold Nature(!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
Mega Horn
Rock Blast(don't start with the debate of Blast.v.Slide, it's easier to get it with)
EQ
And I use Stomp as a training move, I use it with Flyers (especially my P-per and Ninjask) so that they are protected from the elec moves and that I can Quake freely.

Now the question is, what about the last move?!!!!!!!!!!!!

celebi
07-12-2006, 08:51 PM
Adamant nature

Rock blast
EQ
Mega Horn
I remember as it learns Sword dance or something.

Thrall
07-12-2006, 09:08 PM
Adamant nature

Rock blast
EQ
Mega Horn
I remember as it learns Sword dance or something.

Replace Megahorn with Subsititute if you don't want to be pwned by Special Sweepers. yes Rhydon learns SwordDance.

Dark Charizard
07-12-2006, 09:24 PM
Have this maybe

EQ
rock blast [rock slide is better]
mega horn
thunder bolt I'm not sure it can learn it.:tongue:

bleep
07-12-2006, 09:54 PM
I see you have Megahorn on there... If you're willing to get a choice band, do it. Rock Blast, Earthquake, Focuspunch, and Megahorn are a pretty nasty set if you can predict well.

If not though, I suggest Focus Punch over Megahorn and Substitute as your last move.

Echo
07-13-2006, 08:59 AM
Rhydon@Lefties
-Adamant

-Earthquake
-Rock Slide/Rock Blast/Megahorn
Substitute/Megahorn/Swords Dance
-Focus Punch/Megahorn/Swords Dance

Rhydon needs the STAB moves to deal damage and obviously Megahorn is for Celebi and SD to boost it and the STABs up. Subpunching is also standard as it gets 101 Subs.

Rhydon works also with Counter/Rest/Earthquake/filler @Chesto as a little fun set. Counter something like Earthquake or a Fighting move, then Rest away the damage, but this set only attracts the special sweepers, as Rhydon generally does anyways.

Ridley
07-13-2006, 11:54 AM
Have this maybe

EQ
rock blast [rock slide is better]
mega horn
thunder bolt I'm not sure it can learn it.:tongue:

No, not Thunderbolt. Rhydon has really low sp att.

Loyal Arcanine
07-13-2006, 02:11 PM
I see you have Megahorn on there... If you're willing to get a choice band, do it. Rock Blast, Earthquake, Focuspunch, and Megahorn are a pretty nasty set if you can predict well.

If you can predict extremely well, rather. Rhydon is so slow, it doesn't work at all as CB'er imo. Your Rock Slide against Charizard will be met with a swift switch to Milotic, who doesn't mind taking that damage with Recover on the set and owns you with Surf. I prefer SubPunch on Rhydon. Set up the Sub, then Focus Punch the special sweeper who switches in. It does more damage than Rock Slide, too.

pokeplayer66
07-13-2006, 02:24 PM
Rock Slide
Earthquake
Double-Edge
Focus Punch

Dragon_Seeker
07-13-2006, 05:50 PM
If you can predict extremely well, rather. Rhydon is so slow, it doesn't work at all as CB'er imo. Your Rock Slide against Charizard will be met with a swift switch to Milotic, who doesn't mind taking that damage with Recover on the set and owns you with Surf. I prefer SubPunch on Rhydon. Set up the Sub, then Focus Punch the special sweeper who switches in. It does more damage than Rock Slide, too.
Milotic is so overrated. If you're in against a Charizard with a Substitute setup, odds are they'll stick around if you haven't shown Rock Blast yet and die to it (barring that 20 miss rate).

If they do know about Rock Blast, I'd use Earthquake. Even if they go to Milotic, you will deal more than 50% and force a Recover; if they decide to Surf, drop in your Zapdos (it's uncommon not to have Zapdos with Rhydon because they help each other so much) and wave to the silly Milotic. Odds are, it will run and has lost any and all ability to drop into your Rhydon. That's pretty sweet IMO.

Of course, with proper paralysis support I still believe nothing beats...

~ Swords Dance
~ Substitute
~ Earthquake
~ Rock Slide
@ Leftovers

It's actually scarier than DDTar with a healthy amount of paralysis. Flygon and Claydol can bite me... there are an insane amount of counters for both of them so picking one that covers both shouldn't be too hard.

BlahWarrior A5dd
07-16-2006, 04:03 PM
And I use Stomp as a training move, I use it with Flyers (especially my P-per and Ninjask) so that they are protected from the elec moves and that I can Quake freely.

whats the point of STOMP???? its uselss!

I think (my one iz):
Max attack
EQ: 255 Defence

Choice Band; Rock Head
Megahorn/Rock Slide
Rock Blast
Earthquake
Double-Edge

Echo
07-17-2006, 07:12 PM
whats the point of STOMP???? its uselss!

I think (my one iz):
Max attack
EQ: 255 Defence

Choice Band; Rock Head
Megahorn/Rock Slide
Rock Blast
Earthquake
Double-Edge

Wow! You're really good at repeating what everyone else said!

Thrall
07-17-2006, 08:02 PM
Wow! You're really good at repeating what everyone else said!

Lmfao. Dude you just pwned him xD.

hsb39
07-22-2006, 12:46 AM
This is really annoying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am stuck with a Bold Nature so stop saying Adamant! My Rhydon is lvl 100 with an Effort Ribbon so don't say the EV's! I am not using breeding or Move Tutor to get Rock Slide instead of Rock Blast because I am sticking with this one and it is staying on my Sapphire plus, it's a 2v2 battler so Rock Blast is more useful! As I said 2v2 Battler with my Pelliper so it has Lightningrod! Stomp was a training move! I am having it with Quick Claw! Substitute is Move Tutor, repeat what I said before! Same with Swords Dance!

I had to get that out and I am sorry, I have decided to get it with Protect so that I can give my Pelliper time to fight the Special Sweeps.

celebi
07-22-2006, 11:27 AM
This is really annoying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am stuck with a Bold Nature so stop saying Adamant! My Rhydon is lvl 100 with an Effort Ribbon so don't say the EV's! I am not using breeding or Move Tutor to get Rock Slide instead of Rock Blast because I am sticking with this one and it is staying on my Sapphire plus, it's a 2v2 battler so Rock Blast is more useful! As I said 2v2 Battler with my Pelliper so it has Lightningrod! Stomp was a training move! I am having it with Quick Claw! Substitute is Move Tutor, repeat what I said before! Same with Swords Dance!

I had to get that out and I am sorry, I have decided to get it with Protect so that I can give my Pelliper time to fight the Special Sweeps.

Easy we are trying to help.Why don't you retrain or get tms and tutors from noobs.