Gengar (M) @ Leftovers ** F
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 96 Atk / 252 Spd / 160 SDef
Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Focus Punch
- Shadow Ball
- Substitute
- Destiny Bond

Doesn't really need T-bolt, unless you scared of DD Gyarados. Due to max Speed, D bond is usually good to take out one more poke. Also Fighting/Ghost is unbreakable (no pokemon have resistance to it).

Snorlax (M) @ Leftovers ** F
Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 196 HP / 136 Def / 176 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Double-Edge
- Rest
- Shadow Ball
- Sleep Talk

Thats OK. May need some attack to hurt the foe.

Tyranitar (M) @ Leftovers ** F
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 68 Spd / 188 SAtk
Quiet Nature (+SAtk, -Spd)
- Crunch
- Focus Punch
- Substitute
- Thunderbolt

Basic Tyraniboah. If you are still gonna give Gengar T-bolt then Tboah could have a different special move over T-bolt. Like Surf or something.

Skarmory (F) @ Leftovers ** F
Trait: Keen Eye
EVs: 196 HP / 56 Atk / 200 Def / 58 Spd
- Hidden Power [Flying]
- Substitute/Toxic
- Spikes
- Whirlwind

I supppose you did that to get around Soundproof pokes like Mr. Mime. I don't like rest on skarm, especially without chesto. People will switch on you, most likely magnetons and nothing really for you to do. Substitute is good because it stops all the WOWzings without Fire Blast, plus allows you to whirlwind out magneton switches, because they'll only break your sub. Or you could go for toxic as another move. Spikes, Toxic, Whirlwind.

I see that you have a good team. You have some good EV sets. I think you may need another special sweeper other than Zapdos. As soon as thats fainted, If someone gets a DD mence up on one or two DD's, plus Fire blast, there's not much you can do. Brick break on everything except Skarm and Gengar in which will be Fire Blast and probably HP Flying/ HP Ghost. So well your team has a big DD mence weakness by the looks of it. But other than that kudos on the good team.

Ridley
07-11-2006, 11:10 PM
- Focus Punch
- Shadow Ball
- Substitute
- Destiny Bond

Doesn't really need T-bolt, unless you scared of DD Gyarados. Due to max Speed, D bond is usually good to take out one more poke. Also Fighting/Ghost is unbreakable (no pokemon have resistance to it).

What the?!
Gengar has horrible base attack!

This one's better:

Gengar @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtt / 6 HP
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Att)
- Phychic
- Thunderbolt
- WoW / Giga Drain
- Destiny Bond

Every Villain Is Lemons
07-11-2006, 11:13 PM
What the?!
Gengar has horrible base attack!

This one's better:

Gengar @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtt / 6 HP
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Att)
- Phychic
- Thunderbolt
- WoW / Giga Drain
- Destiny Bond

Alot of people are starting to use Physical Gengar.

Dragon_Seeker
07-12-2006, 02:02 AM
Zapdos @ Leftovers ** F
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 16 HP / 52 Def / 240 Spd / 188 SAtk / 12 SDef
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Metal Sound
- Substitute
- Thunderbolt

Metal Sound Zapdos never really did much for me, but whatever. I'd try Light Screen over Metal Sound or Substitute so you can help your Jirachi weakness. Either that or go with Substitute + Baton Pass; you have Gengar and TTar so it could work.

Miltank (F) @ Leftovers ** F
EVs: 200 HP / 64 Atk / 244 Def
- Body Slam
- Counter
- Heal Bell
- Milk Drink

You might want the 384 HP stat for the increase in Leftovers recovery.

- Focus Punch
- Shadow Ball
- Substitute
- Thunderbolt

I hope you mean "SAtk", not "SDef" in your EVs. Otherwise it's fine, although much more attack is recommended (near max if you're using McGar iirc).

Snorlax (M) @ Leftovers ** F
EVs: 196 HP / 136 Def / 176 SDef
- Double-Edge
- Rest
- Shadow Ball
- Sleep Talk

EVs are okay, but without Curse you may want some attack EVs. Also, these EVs give superior stats:

204 HP / 216 Def / 88 SDef with Careful. You get the same defense, only more special defense and HP. Although if I did EVs I'd go more like 204 HP / 68 Atk / 96 Def / 140 SDef with Careful. This is because above all else, Snorlax is really your special sponge.

Also, just a thought, seeing how Jirachi completely tears into this team like no other, you may want to consider Earthquake over Shadow Ball.

Tyranitar (M) @ Leftovers ** F
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 68 Spd / 188 SAtk
Quiet Nature (+SAtk, -Spd)
- Crunch
- Focus Punch
- Substitute
- Thunderbolt

This... seems out of place.

Skarmory (F) @ Leftovers ** F
Trait: Keen Eye
EVs: 196 HP / 56 Atk / 200 Def / 58 Spd
- Hidden Power [Flying]
- Rest
- Spikes
- Whirlwind

Skarmory needs some more HP. I'd just max it tbh with a lot of defense (192 gets 400 defense) with the rest split over speed and attack. It's been proven max HP with 400 defense yields better results than 320 HP with max defense.

My initial impression after seeing this team:

DDTar used Dragon Dance!
DDTar annihilated team!

You have a DDTar weak.

Also, Jirachi ruins everything here. Calm Mind + Wish beats everything here and Zapdos isn't doing much to stop that. Neither is TTar.

Speaking of Tyranitar, it may interest you to know that 4/6 of your guys lose Leftovers in Sandstream. Because of this, I'd replace Miltank with a Swampert so you get a Gengar counter of sorts, a kind of Jirachi counter and cover that god-awful DDtar weakness. I'd also replace Gengar with a Heracross counter, probably CBmence, simply because Sandstream + McGar tends not to mix well.

massi4h
07-12-2006, 11:13 AM
DDtar would hopefully dance on a sub, then this guy can punch him. DD Mence would put in a way bigger dent. DD, Brick Break, HP Flying/Ghost, Fire Blast. After Zapdos, you lose.

Loyal Arcanine
07-12-2006, 01:09 PM
DDtar would hopefully dance on a sub, then this guy can punch him. DD Mence would put in a way bigger dent. DD, Brick Break, HP Flying/Ghost, Fire Blast. After Zapdos, you lose.
Meh, even if it did, everybody who sees a Gengar sub should think "oh hey, might this thing actually try and Focus Punch me?!" so they'd switch to Celebi (or whatever) and next time Tyranitar and Gengar face each other he knows you will sub and will own with Rock Slide. After you notice it will Rock Slide you will switch or be stupid and use Thunderbolt. Or, if you have guts you will Focus Punch nów, because now that Tyranitar broke your sub he will expect a switch and use Dragon Dance.

Dragon_Seeker
07-12-2006, 06:18 PM
Please, for the love of god apply logic to your scenarios.

Everyone and their mother knows Gengar carries Focus Punch because Gengar is a little witch like that. Everyone knows that it's smarter for Tyranitar to just hit the damn thing before it gets it's precious little sub setup. And I do mean everyone.

And that's ignoring the fact that DDtar can Dragon Dance on Snorlax, Skarmory and Miltank and kill everything with Rock Slide/Earthquake. Zapdos is weak to the STAB Rock Slide, Miltank has nothing that would remotely affect DDtar except possibly a chance paralysis. Skarmory can be taunted into oblivion, Snorlax can't do anything to TTar period (especially one without Earthquake) and Boah can't take those Earthquakes even if his life depends on it.

DDmence, however, can be easily dealt with. Standard DDmence is what, DD, HP Flying, EQ, Rock Slide or Flamethrower w/ Leftovers, right? Well, note how one version (the Flamethrower version) is beaten by Zapdos and the Rock Slide version can be walled up by Skarmory. If you find the rare idiot with Flamethrower/Fire Blast AND Rock Slide, you can throw TTar at it to make it go away. DDmence is not a problem.