PDA

View Full Version : Idea: Pokemon Savings and Loan

Kirin the Rebel
05-18-2004, 12:26 AM
This is an idea I had a little while back and I'd like some feedback and if itís all positive, maybe someone to help with it, thatís if you all feel it is a good idea.

--------Savings

Each person has the option of putting his or her savings, all that cash you earn, here in the bank. This will make it alot easier for Pokeí mart cashiers to check how much money you have and for you wourelves to keep track of it.

I'll need just a few people to help me manage this. It will require a few categories, such as trainers a-m and n-z, and cashiers, and refs, and so on.

--------Loans

Is there a pokemon you want and you can't wait for it? Well, this is where you come.

There will be three loans.

$2000, $5000, and $10,000.

For the first a person will pay 250 per income (like battles or pay) until paid off. For the 5,000 dollar, it will be 500 per income. And for the last it will be all of an income until paid off. However, the interest will be 250 for the first, 500 for the second, and 1000 for the last. This will go towards the pay of the bankers.

--------

Please let me know any feedback and information that you might have pertaining to this idea. Volunteers are welcome to ask for a job pending the founding of the bank.

Questions are also welcome.

Please also note that this is just an idea as of this moment and the Pokemon URPG community ought to decide whether this comes into existence or not. I think it will be beneficial to everyone, but thatís just me.

--Kirin

bronislav84
05-18-2004, 12:36 AM
A bank for Loans and Savings is a nice Touch. Got any more info?

Edit: I voted "Yes" anyway.

Kirin the Rebel
05-18-2004, 12:56 AM
Hmmm, I have little more than that. Thats why I asked for questions, so I can build on by answering them.

Lets see, more info.

Those savings catagories will each be headed by a different person to make things easy. For number sake, some may be clumped together. Like cahiers and refs may be put under one person. This whole saving bit allows for easy tracking of money.

What else....

Pay for bankers, uh, I was thing that it could be based on the number of accounts managed by the individual bankers. A certain amount every pay period for every account covered during said period. Some may be more than others but it's based on the amount of work you do, just like any job.

Are there any questions out there?

Tamer Marco
05-18-2004, 01:07 AM
Awesome idea. Even though I have very little money i'd be willing to help.

akdude
05-18-2004, 01:10 AM
Actually, I like it. I vote yes!

Neo Emolga
05-18-2004, 12:45 PM
Sorry, but I'd have to say no. For a couple reasons actually.

1. The interest alone isn't going to be a whole lot of income for the people who have to do all this work of keeping track how much a person owes this bank. Imagine constantly having to check each time the person who took out the loan had a battle, and then doing the nescessary math. Then imagine doing that over again for each person taking out a loan. Not fun.

2. Another point is distribution of work. Refs and Graders can actually choose when they want to work, but everyone here, they're going to have to be on call all the time. They're going to have to throughly check to make sure the person who took the loan out doesn't abuse the system, which could happen if there aren't personnel to survery the one who owes money.

3. There's really too much work per person for taking out a loan. Taking out a loan is going to require an honor code, which doesn't always work. When the person is going to pay that money back per income, someone is going to have to keep track of each time they need do this. Plus someone is going to have to keep track of how many times they have already paid, as well as how many times the member still needs to pay until they have fully paid off the loan. Then how much the member has taken out needs to be recorded as well, along with the payments they're going to have to make. Plus the interest needs to be calculated. Not only does this sound like work, but it sounds like hell.

4. Reffing a battle or reading a story is at least a little fun, but this is record keeping and accounting. Again, not fun. And if a member takes out a loan and then later leaves the URPG, guess who loses out? That's right, it's the people who have been doing all this work in the first place.

Those are just my views. Some of them are fact while the others are hypothetical and opinions.

boltAge
05-19-2004, 04:03 PM
I thought being a ref was hard, now we have a new job that requires more than just maths and researching skills. Nah, dont really like this idea, it requires too much work neways.

Jack of Clovers
05-28-2004, 06:26 PM
way too much to keep track of and not a good idea. also, it is not needed.

~Jack~

Kirin the Rebel
05-30-2004, 12:53 AM
:eek: This thread is not dead yet?!?! :eek:

I guess it will dissapear into the bowels of this board eventually....

caligal0224
06-28-2004, 01:34 AM
*Not that I have much say in this but...*
I too think it's a bad idea it is way too much to keep track of...everyone would want to continue to loan, forget aout getting paid back...BAD IDEA...Sorry.