PDA

View Full Version : Rate My NB Grumpig

Lotad
07-12-2006, 10:16 PM
Okay, I need someone to help my Rate and see if I need to change something on it.

Grumpig (Female)
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/emespr/emespr326.png
Trait: Own Tempo
Modest Nature (Sp.Att +; Att-)
DVs: 30/30/30/31/31/31
EVs: 255 Spe/ 255 Sp.Att
Moveset: ExtraSensory (EM), ThunderPunch (MT), Confuse Ray, Magic Coat

bleep
07-12-2006, 11:19 PM
Trick with Choice Band is always a good option, especially if you manage to trick something like Blissey.

Most movesets usually look like this:

Grumpig @ Choice Band
- Trick
- Psychic
- Thunderpunch / Fire Punch / Ice Punch
- Calm Mind

If you can work an Umbreon into your team, trap something, pass, catch them on a stat up move, and sweep from there. Substitute is another option if you don't want to risk Tricking the Choice Band on to a Pokemon that will utilize it well, like Skarmory or something.

pokeplayer66
07-12-2006, 11:22 PM
sub
cm
psychic
shadow ball

Poke Master
07-12-2006, 11:26 PM
Okay, I need someone to help my Rate and see if I need to change something on it.

Grumpig (Female)
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/emespr/emespr326.png
Trait: Own Tempo
Modest Nature (Sp.Att +; Att-)
DVs: 30/30/30/31/31/31
EVs: 255 Spe/ 255 Sp.Att
Moveset: ExtraSensory (EM), ThunderPunch (MT), Confuse Ray, Magic Coat
I think it should know brickbreak psycic protect and substitution now rating 8/10

bleep
07-12-2006, 11:41 PM
It shouldn't be either one of those- Grumpig is a standard Psychic, meaning it's attack stat sucks, and you both put a physical attack on it.

(I consider Metagross a special psychic btw, because of the ridiculous attack along with Meteormash getting STAB)

Lotad
07-13-2006, 12:35 AM
I like your moveset, bleep, but there are a few things about it that won't work. First, there aren't any Blissey's around the NBL, so I won't need Trick. Second is the fact that I traded in Psychic for ExtraSensory for the chance of getting a flinch on my opponent. And, third, I don't think I could get Calm Mind in the NetBattle League.

My Grumpig is my Status Ailer, primarily.

bleep
07-13-2006, 12:52 AM
I thought this was just for Netbattle, like normal play. Mention that its for this league or whatever. I wouldn't have posted any of those suggestions otherwise... I have no idea how to play the NBL here lol