PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know...

Bakura2004
05-18-2004, 11:19 PM
Since this is all about computers I thought you guys could help me. Do any of you know how to program a game and what you need for it?

boltAge
05-19-2004, 03:44 PM
Computer game? Well depends. For newbies, try RPG Maker and stuff. There are other craps that are way harder to use, so I suggest RPG Maker first. As for the version of it, nah, I'm so lazy to check it I have no idea.

Neo Emolga
05-20-2004, 02:03 PM
It's a whole lot harder than you think. Start with something small, like maybe a game in Flash or something like that. Remember that it usually takes a huge staff of people to make the games you see as video games. That means all the work you'll have to do by yourself or by the few people that you have.

Seriously, start with something small. It takes huge development teams to make the stuff you see on consoles.

TSH
06-01-2004, 01:11 AM
Games? Simple! :)

Try using one of these game making programs, see which is easier for you!

Check http://www.rpg-maker-downloads.tnrstudios.com/ and see what they have (I'm honestly not sure if that's got the downloads, but I think it has some links).

That's to RPG Maker 2000 and 2003. I love the RPG Maker, it's a lot of fun, and really easy to use.

Try http://www.gamemaker.nl/ and give Game Maker a whirl!

Game Maker is more difficult, I have yet to understand it, but then again, I haven't taken time to get a grasp of it.

And yeah, you want to start off small, try doing Javascript (text-based) or Flash games. Those work, too. :)

TSH
06-01-2004, 11:27 PM
Sorry for the double post, but it has to be done!

You posted on a therad I started. It was about how to make your own computer games. You put a link to a place about RPG Maker. I just want to know if the RPG maker is free to download. PM me back when an answer please.

Yes, RPG Maker 2000 and 2003 are free. You can purchase mods and such, I guess, but I wouldn't recommend that. :)

Sorry Bakura, you're not receiving PMs from me. :)

Kenny_C.002
06-02-2004, 04:18 AM
TSH, next time just edit your last post. Much easier that way.

Anyway, RM2K3 seems more fun in general compared to 2K, so I recommend that first. I like how the Chrono Trigger system is placed into RM2K3. Big points. And from what I know, you can pretty much transfer almost everything from 2K to 2K3 anyway.

TSH
06-02-2004, 11:32 PM
I enjoy 2K3 more as well. 2003 has more features, liek the random dungeon generator, but is a bit more complicated as well. The new battle system is pretty cool, but I don't like it, as battle animations are harder to find.

VenusaurTrainer
06-02-2004, 11:52 PM
TSH, next time just edit your last post. Much easier that way.

Anyway, RM2K3 seems more fun in general compared to 2K, so I recommend that first. I like how the Chrono Trigger system is placed into RM2K3. Big points. And from what I know, you can pretty much transfer almost everything from 2K to 2K3 anyway.

Yeah RM2K3 is a better program because its more fun and easier to use. :wink: