PDA

View Full Version : Bug>Phycic

Shiny Groudon
07-19-2006, 10:05 PM
I just came across something. How can Bug attacks be super effective on Phycic Pokemon?
Any ideas anyone?

PokéJungle
07-19-2006, 10:07 PM
PSYCHIC! Now remember that.

It's because bugs are too dimwitted to be controlled by the psy power, and they can bypass attacks to driver their little pinchers into the soft flesh of a psychic pokemon.

Yum.

Shiny Groudon
07-19-2006, 10:09 PM
Duh:oops: Why didn't I tought of that!

DragoniteMistress
07-19-2006, 10:12 PM
How can Fire be super-effective against Ice-types when the ice melts and turns into Water which Fire is weak against?

How can Electric-types be super-effective over water when water conducts electricity?

blastoy
07-19-2006, 10:16 PM
Oww my head hurts.. Wait water is good on electricity..???

Jack of Clovers
07-19-2006, 10:17 PM
I just came across something. How can Bug attacks be super effective on Phycic Pokemon?
Any ideas anyone?

Because they needed something in Red/Blue to counter Psychic. And at the time, Dark types weren't created. Unfortunately, Bug attacks were too weak (and most were part poison types), so they created Dark to help Bug out in g/s.

:cool:

~Jack~

PokéJungle
07-19-2006, 10:18 PM
Because they needed something in Red/Blue to counter Psychic. And at the time, Dark types weren't created. Unfortunately, Bug attacks were too weak (and most were part poison types), so they created Dark to help Bug out in g/s.

:cool:

~Jack~
It was an unfair balance to make dark immune to psychic though.

Dark Charizard
07-19-2006, 10:20 PM
Phychic would be too strong if they only had one weakness and dark helped them out but still I beleive phychic is too strong to beat.

Nasty Plasty
07-19-2006, 10:22 PM
Phychic would be too strong if they only had one weakness and dark helped them out but still I beleive phychic is too strong to beat.
What about the ghost type? Isn't that Super effective against Psychic?

Dark Charizard
07-19-2006, 10:23 PM
I think it is isn't it i'm not so sure?

PokéJungle
07-19-2006, 10:24 PM
What about the ghost type? Isn't that Super effective against Psychic?
Yes. Ghost, Bug, and Dark are all super effective against Psychic.

Dark Charizard
07-19-2006, 10:26 PM
Yes. Ghost, Bug, and Dark are all super effective against Psychic.

Oh I didn't know that. But dark is the best against it. Beacuse phychic can hit bug and ghost/

PokéJungle
07-19-2006, 10:28 PM
Oh I didn't know that. But dark is the best against it. Beacuse phychic can hit bug and ghost/
Arguably, you're right. Just because of the immunity doesn't mean a psychic pokemon will be rendered useless, because it may have attacks of other types.

Dark doesn't auto-win against Psychics.

Dark Charizard
07-19-2006, 10:29 PM
Yeah dark also has the better attacks

PokéJungle
07-19-2006, 10:33 PM
Yeah dark also has the better attacks
Not necessarily. Ghost can inflict some serious damage on a psychic pokemon also.

DragoniteMistress
07-19-2006, 10:34 PM
I'm afraid I disagree with you charizard06.

I believe Dark's best move is Crunch, 80 damage

Psychic's best move is Psycho Boost, 140 damage, but since only 2 Pokemon can learn Psycho Boost, I'll switch over to Psychic, Psychic does 90 damage AND it's a TM.

Enough said.

Dark Charizard
07-19-2006, 10:34 PM
It can!? Isn't shadow ball and faint attack dark? All I can think of that ghost can do is curse and dream eater maybe nitemare?

DragoniteMistress
07-19-2006, 10:35 PM
Shadow Ball is a Ghost-type move and Faint Attack is Dark and only does 60 damage.

Curse and Nightmare are Ghost-type moves and Dream Eater is a Psychic-type attack. I believe it does 100 damage but very few Pokemon can learn it.

PokéJungle
07-19-2006, 10:40 PM
Shadow Ball is a Ghost-type move and Faint Attack is Dark and only does 60 damage.

Curse and Nightmare are Ghost-type moves and Dream Eater is a Psychic-type attack. I believe it does 100 damage but very few Pokemon can learn it.
Yes, dreameater has 100 as its base damage. The pokemon that do learn it are usually pretty good, and can make use of it.

DragoniteMistress
07-19-2006, 10:44 PM
Yes, dreameater has 100 as its base damage. The pokemon that do learn it are usually pretty good, and can make use of it.

True, I think most of them can learn Hypnosis, but it annoys me when Pokemon learn Hypnosis or Sing without Dream Eater or Nightmare.

PokéJungle
07-19-2006, 10:47 PM
True, I think most of them can learn Hypnosis, but it annoys me when Pokemon learn Hypnosis or Sing without Dream Eater or Nightmare.
Inflicting the sleep condition is useful, no matter if you have dream eater or not.

What's not useful is the accuracy of those attacks.

swimdivus
07-20-2006, 06:28 PM
i would think the ghostly shadowball may be best against psychic due to it being a physical attack.. most psychic types have lower defense than special defense

Seawolf
07-20-2006, 06:31 PM

Well, do you remember how immensely overpowered Mewtwo used to be back in the RBY days? Nothing could really counter it.

On top of that, there aren't even that many good Dark Pokemon, so I think it's fair.

PokéJungle
07-20-2006, 06:35 PM
Well, do you remember how immensely overpowered Mewtwo used to be back in the RBY days? Nothing could really counter it.

On top of that, there aren't even that many good Dark Pokemon, so I think it's fair.
Mewtwo should be that way. It's supposed to be the strongest pokemon out there.

Yes, you do have a point about no good Dark pokemon.

Dark Charizard
07-20-2006, 06:46 PM
I think there making the phychic pokemon really getting a huge advantage over the others I mean look at it most of the legandaries and ubers are phychic like mew,jirachi, [I beleve it is] celebii, [Not sure] Latias and latios and lugia and probley theres more.

Dragon_Seeker
07-20-2006, 08:14 PM
Psychic's best move is Psycho Boost, 140 damage, but since only 2 Pokemon can learn Psycho Boost, I'll switch over to Psychic, Psychic does 90 damage AND it's a TM.
Psycho Boost sucks, what are you talking about? Well, okay, that's a bit of an exaggeration but seriously, of the four Deoxys forms and Lugia, when would you realistically consider using Psycho Boost?

I mean, Deoxys-LG and Deoxys-EM don't have the special attack to support it, nor do they need a massive damage attack because they have better things to do (like Knock Off, Spikes, etc). Deoxys-FR could make a case for Psycho Boost, but why would you use an attack like Psycho Boost that basically dictates you need to switch in the next turn, when you could use Ice Beam, Thunder/Thunderbolt, Shadow Ball, etc that allows you to continue sweeping? Granted, Deoxys-FR can mixed-sweep fairly well or support Psycho Boost as a filler on a physical set, but then why wouldn't you use Fire Punch for the steels that beat the physical Deoxys-FR sets?

Lugia has a bunch of superior options including Reflect, Calm Mind, Ice Beam, Recover, Surf, Hidden Power Dark, Aeroblast, Earthquake, Toxic, Whirlwind and Light Screen. Psycho Boost is counterproductive on a Calm Mind set, because it forces you to rejuvinate your special attack every few turns to compensate for the loss.

Maybe if Alakazam learned Psycho Boost, fine, because Psycho Boost isn't terrible as a move, it's just that everything that learns it has something that it can use more effectively.

Mewtwo should be that way. It's supposed to be the strongest pokemon out there.

Yes, you do have a point about no good Dark pokemon.
They proved it's Groudon a while ago. And I do mean a while ago. What do you mean there are no good dark types? What about Tyranitar? Tyranitar is quite destructive.

PokéJungle
07-20-2006, 08:25 PM
By the storyline of Pokemon I meant. Metagame-wise, Mewtwo isn't the strongest.

Yes, Tyranitar's pretty good. Especially when you make a Sandstorm team with it.

Dragon_Seeker
07-20-2006, 08:45 PM
By the storyline of Pokemon I meant. Metagame-wise, Mewtwo isn't the strongest.
Storyline-wise, yes, Mewtwo is the strongest. I agree. I thought you were referring to overall.

Finch
07-20-2006, 09:41 PM
Arguably, you're right. Just because of the immunity doesn't mean a psychic pokemon will be rendered useless, because it may have attacks of other types.

Dark doesn't auto-win against Psychics.
Another thing to consider is that many psychics (the most popular ones, anyway) have much higher special defense that physical defense.. meaning ghost and bug will hit them harder than dark.

PokéJungle
07-20-2006, 10:27 PM
Yeah, that's a good point. I hadn't really considered that.

Dark Charizard
07-20-2006, 10:30 PM
Anyways each type has an advantage like some have equel stats and some dont some have high defense and stuff. And I think thats where phychic falls below phychic doas not have an stat that there bast at.

vellyvell
07-20-2006, 10:51 PM
ok u guys have good points but the fact of the matter is every mon type has at least 2 weaknesses in r/b/y excluding ghost. but that didnt matter because all 3 ghost in the game, had poison. and most bugs were either A) Mediocre or b) part poison or c) both. so they made dark types immune because even in g/s/c zam killed everythin, just need a fire punch, which was s/e against steel and bug, and the only ghost that had no poison was misdrevous who got no action in the game. to counter the overpowerful psychic they made a type immune to the uberness of them. not to mention there wasnt any damaging bug type moves in rby besides Leech Life. and only one mon knew megahorn in g/s/c. There were no ghost moves that damage you by s/e. only night shade. and in g/s/c they had shadow ball, but zam was faster then a gengar of the same level so it came down 2 who would attack first. so it was the plan to stop the uber type.

Dragon_Seeker
07-21-2006, 02:38 AM
ok u guys have good points but the fact of the matter is every mon type has at least 2 weaknesses in r/b/y excluding ghost.

Normal?

massi4h
07-21-2006, 11:13 AM
not to mention there wasnt any damaging bug type moves in rby besides Leech Life. and only one mon knew megahorn in g/s/c.

List of rby bug type moves:
Leech life
Pin Missile
String Shot
Twineedle

gsc also added:
Fury Cutter
Megahorn
Spider Web

Snow Fairy Sugar
07-21-2006, 11:17 AM
How can Fire be super-effective against Ice-types when the ice melts and turns into Water which Fire is weak against?

How can Electric-types be super-effective over water when water conducts electricity?

well,if you look at the scientific factor in everything there is something you overlooked.POKeMON DON'T EXIST!!!

All this is a part of fiction and stuff,so it doesn't matter.anything can happen in the cartoons world.

massi4h
07-21-2006, 11:45 AM
lol.

pokeplayer66
07-21-2006, 02:57 PM
who proved groudon is the best poke? i think kyogre is the best non psychic uber and the best non uber being snorlax or heracross

overall the best poke is prolly lugia

Dragon_Seeker
07-21-2006, 06:09 PM
who proved groudon is the best poke? i think kyogre is the best non psychic uber and the best non uber being snorlax or heracross
Okay, let's humor that statement for a moment.

Kyogre is a beast. I won't even bother arguing that he's got an insane repetoire of moves, an absolutely beastly special attack and arguable a cooler character design than Groudon; Groudon always looked like a fugly TTar to me. =/

However, let's compare the two for a moment. Similarities include they both mess with the weather, they both sport crazy stat moves, they both have insanely powerful STAB attacks and they're both insanely good. I believe husk said, "Kyogre will sweep your opponent's team twice if you play it right." And husk is a good battler so I'll believe that.

However, let's take a look at the fundamental difference that makes Groudon superior: Groudon is based in the physical department whereas Kyogre is special.

Now, the big difference there is the amount of versatility that single difference gives Groudon. Groudon becomes an extremely viable candidate to carry Choice Band, whereas Kyogre can carry CB (Brick Break OHKOs most uber Blisseys, HP Ghost OHKOs Latios) but it's more for surprise KOs than actual effectiveness; as a rule of thumb, CBers tend not to sweep as easily as actual sweepers.

Groudon gets quite possibly the second best sweeping move ever in Swords Dance. And he has the HP and defenses to support it. Kyogre is limited to Calm Mind, which isn't bad, but don't even try to argue that Kyogre would be better with Calm Mind over Tail Glow (if it learned Tail Glow, which it doesn't, but that's part of the point).

Groudon has virtually no competition as a physical uber, aside from Rayquaza who has trouble in ubers anyways, what with everything and their mother using Ice Beam. Kyogre has to compete with Mewtwo, Deoxys-FR and Latios as a spot for special sweeper. The only real draws to Kyogre they don't have are Drizzle and the Meteor Mash resistance. Oh, and shutting out Eggy, but if you realistically wanted to KO Eggy you'd likely use Rayquaza.

Finally, infinite sunlight is more useful than infinite rain simply because no water type learns Explosion or Sleep Powder. Lugia can literally switch into anything using a Drizzle setup repeatedly with no fear of Sleep Powder or Explosion or really anything non-special. With sunlight, Lugia has to be careful not to eat sleep powders, Explosions, etc.

Kyogre is better in terms of sweeping, sure. But Groudon supports the team, has some useful versatility and allows your team to have more versatility. Kyogre is fairly standalone (which works, but also limits him).

Mewtwo is overrated... although he deserves his points for being the best late-game cleaner in the game. Lugia is best sponge in the game due to its ability to never really die.

pokeplayer66
07-21-2006, 06:17 PM
i beg to differ, corsola can learn explosion with swift swim :happy:

exxugutor/groudon combo is good but i like ludicolo/kyogre better because ludicolo has resistance to solarbeam and can ice beam groduon and exegutor to death

btw my kyogre has chesto berry so sleep powder away "eggy" ill ice beam ya

PokéJungle
07-21-2006, 06:21 PM

exxugutor/groudon combo is good but i like ludicolo/kyogre better because ludicolo has resistance to solarbeam and can ice beam groduon and exegutor to death

Groudon is stronger than Kyogre. It's a proven fact.

Echo
07-21-2006, 06:24 PM

Though, that doesn't support your statement of Kyogre being the best non-Psychic uber at all. it just supports that fact that you can equip Kyogre with a Chesto Berry.

pokeplayer66
07-21-2006, 06:31 PM
what cant water spout 2kho? hmmmm...

it 2hkos all grass types all things resitant to it such as ludicolo, sceptile, and jumpluff

it 3+hkos blissey and things very resistance such as regice, and waters like other kyogres and suicunes

as for 1hkos id say 90% of all pokes can be 1hkod by water spout
some surprising ones are, swampert, breeloom, jolteon, macargo (just kidding) etc

its only problem is speed otherwise pwnage

Dragon_Seeker
07-21-2006, 08:53 PM

In order of your claims:

1) No, Corsola can't get Swift Swim, please check your claims before posting.

2) Ludicolo is neutral on Solar Beam and is stopped up by Latias/Latios/Lugia whereas Eggy can threaten with Explosion/Sleep Powder. The only purpose Ludicolo serves in 1v1 Ubers is a Kyogre counter because of its 4x water resistance and Swift Swim.

3) Nobody cares. You switch your Kyogre into Eggy powder and block it with Chesto berry? Wonderful. Now I know you can't be carrying Choice Band or Leftovers, which means that my Blissey or Latias (depends on my team) can now switch into you and start beating you to death because I no longer have to worry about the two most threatening items a Kyogre can hold. Thanks!

pokeplayer66
07-21-2006, 10:31 PM
why you are very welcome:happy:

Spec
07-23-2006, 10:59 AM
lol groudon the strongest pokemon. I think lati@s with soul dew is the strongest because every move gets stab for it.

Finch
07-23-2006, 01:22 PM
lol groudon the strongest pokemon. I think lati@s with soul dew is the strongest because every move gets stab for it.
Exqueeze me? Are you men-tal?

pachirisu
07-23-2006, 02:04 PM
Yes but to balance it out fair again they made fighting super-effective against dark type.:sleepy: