PDA

View Full Version : Groudon, Kyogre and Rayquaza

komiko
07-21-2006, 08:32 PM
So I'm a pretty big Noob as far as serious battle and movesets go... but i was wondering what were the best movesets for these three?

I know Groudon's got some killer physical stats and that should not be taught solar beam, no matter how tempting, earthquake is better

Kyogre's got good special and the HP to clam mind.... i think i saw a moveset for him that was:
calm mind
thunder
ice beam
surf
-is this the best moveset for him, i guess in the special sweeping department

and I don't think i've seen or heard any good movesets for rayquaza, i believe he has higher special stats that physical?

anyway thanks for your time.

Dragon_Seeker
07-21-2006, 09:02 PM
Kyogre's got good special and the HP to clam mind.... i think i saw a moveset for him that was:
calm mind
thunder
ice beam
surf

KYOGRE - DRIZZLE
~ Substitute / Roar
~ Calm Mind
~ Ice Beam / Thunder
~ Surf
@ Leftovers

That's his best set, although the one listed above is fine too. But don't feel limited to these... he gets Thunder Wave, Blizzard (Blizzard is good because it OHKOs Latios after 1 Calm Mind) and can be a surprisingly good RestTalker.

RAYQUAZA - AIR LOCK
~ Aerial Ace
~ Earthquake
~ Rock Slide
~ Extremespeed
@ Choice Band

It hurts when it hits. Also available with Dragon Dance, Ice Beam, Thunder, Thunder Wave and Fire Blast.

GROUDON - DROUGHT
~ Earthquake
~ Rock Slide
~ Fire Blast / Overheat / HP Bug
~ Swords Dance
@ Leftovers

Standard is a CBer; Earthquake, Rock Slide, HP Bug, Fire Blast/Overheat/Body Slam/Thunder Wave. But HP Bug is hard to get ingame, so that's fine. Defensive Groudon is kind of meh but it works... kind of. Earthquake, Body Slam / Thunder Wave, Rock Slide, Substitute @ Leftovers. Idea is to paraflinch but the other sets work so much better.

komiko
07-21-2006, 09:18 PM
Wow thanks Dragon Seeker as far as equiping items is there more than one leftovers in emerald or should I trade over form another game?

Dragon_Seeker
07-21-2006, 09:35 PM
You can get more than 1 Leftovers. I don't remember where though.

hsb39
07-22-2006, 12:32 AM
You can get them when you've won a few times in a row in Battle Tower on R/S I don't know I got my Kyogre stuck with a Adamant Nature so I got it with Ancient Power (I've heard the speech Dragon Seeker) I also felt like using Water Spout for a change (I've also heard that speech) and then just Thunder and Ice Beam. The set works rather well for my Kyogre and a lot of my friends like using Shedinjas so it's useful.

POKEMONBATTLEBRAIN
07-24-2006, 08:43 PM
So I'm a pretty big Noob as far as serious battle and movesets go... but i was wondering what were the best movesets for these three?

I know Groudon's got some killer physical stats and that should not be taught solar beam, no matter how tempting, earthquake is better

calm mind
thunder
ice beam
surf

and I don't think i've seen or heard any good movesets for rayquaza, i believe he has higher special stats that physical?

anyway thanks for your time.

Here's good movesets for all 3:

Kyogre@Leftovers

Surf
Ice Beam
Thunder/Substitute(only have sub if you have perfect 31 IVs in HP, and EV trained for HP:wink: )
Calm Mind

max Sp. Attack EVs, max Speed EVs, 6 Evs for HP. change max speed EVs for max HP Evs if you have the 31 HP IV.:happy: Modest / Timid nature

Groudon@Salac Berry

Earthquake
Rock Slide
Swords Dance
Overheat

max Attack EVs, max Speed Evs, 6 Evs for Sp. Defense. Jolly/Adamant nature. :wink:

Rayquaza@Choice Band

Extremespeed
Aerial Ace
Earthquake
Rock Slide

max attack EVs, max speed EVs, 6 EVs for Defense. Adamant nature.

hope that was helpful. :biggrin: