PDA

View Full Version : Fixing my AIM

Matt & Vulpix
05-21-2004, 07:47 PM
AIM has had troubles for me. Because of it, I took a suggestion from Sophie to go on AIM Express until my other thing gets fixed.

Anyways; on AIM, I can't IM. When I do, I enter two letters and it stops. Ill surf to another window, come back to that one, and it will no longer function (itll like have the patterns of the other windows in it.) I pressed CTRL+ALT+DELETE and it didnt say unresponsive program.

What is going on? I mean, I can chat freely with others in chats, but not IMs. Help? I dont like no linkage in AIM EXpress!

PokemonElite2000
05-24-2004, 11:07 PM
AIM has had troubles for me. Because of it, I took a suggestion from Sophie to go on AIM Express until my other thing gets fixed.

Anyways; on AIM, I can't IM. When I do, I enter two letters and it stops. Ill surf to another window, come back to that one, and it will no longer function (itll like have the patterns of the other windows in it.) I pressed CTRL+ALT+DELETE and it didnt say unresponsive program.

What is going on? I mean, I can chat freely with others in chats, but not IMs. Help? I dont like no linkage in AIM EXpress!
I would try uninstalling the program and downloading the AIM program again and install it again, if you haven't done that already.

Or, you could use an alternate program to connect to AIM, Trillian: http://www.trillian.cc/

Trillian is free (the basic version), and you can use it to connect to all the major instant messaging programs (MSN, Yahoo, etc), at once.

Matt & Vulpix
05-24-2004, 11:56 PM
I did try to reinstall it before, but that doesn't work.

Trillian. Hm. I might try that out .

TSH
06-01-2004, 12:06 AM
If Trillian isn't your piece of pie, you might also want to try gaim. It's a great program that works similarly to Trillian, but I think it's easier to use.

Check it out at http://gaim.sourceforge.net/

Matt & Vulpix
06-12-2004, 09:50 PM
I dont want Trillian; too buggy.
Gaim, I dont know...
I just wish AIM worked.

Also; I got a thing on my computer (spyware) that is a toolbar. I dont mind toolbars; I know how to make them come out of the internet browser, but it also changed my internet homepage. I changed it back to my homepage; but it keeps switching it back. Help?

Agent Orange
06-12-2004, 09:58 PM
Read the Spyware thread in Other Comps.

Matt & Vulpix
06-12-2004, 10:29 PM
Ive already used AdAware, forgot to mention, to try and remove it...