Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Substitute
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt

That's the Zapdos I use.

Lugialord
07-26-2006, 07:49 AM
Is Hidden Power good for Zapdos? Thanks but I'd like to know. And rest and sleep talk?

and items?

Spec
07-26-2006, 08:54 AM
Is Hidden Power good for Zapdos? Thanks but I'd like to know. And rest and sleep talk?

and items?

HP grass for rhydon and swampert, and resttalk zapdos can eat up a lot of stuff.

celebi
07-26-2006, 10:28 AM
I like
@chesto
Thunder wave
calm mind
rest
thunderbolt

or
@lefties
thunder wave
hp grass
thunderbolt
substitute

Lugialord
07-26-2006, 08:35 PM
I like
@chesto
Thunder wave
calm mind
rest
thunderbolt

or
@lefties
thunder wave
hp grass
thunderbolt
substitute

Which one do you prefer?

Dragon_Seeker
07-27-2006, 01:56 AM
If you have adamant, try this...

ZAPDOS - PRESSURE
@ Choice Band
~ Drill Peck
~ Hidden Power Fighting
~ Thunderbolt
~ Steel Wing / Toxic / Baton Pass

If you cannot get Hidden Power Fighting, use Double-Edge or Steel Wing in that slot. CB Zapdos hurts a lot, but it loses a lot of its adaptability that makes Zapdos such a powerful pokemon... CB Zapdos is rather 1-dimensional.

Spec
07-27-2006, 02:06 AM
why HP fighting? unless that's for tyranitar...

I use
zapdos@lefties
EV-4HP/252 sp.att/252 speed
-thunderbolt
-HP ice/grass
-substitute
-metal sound
this is the set that I use. cripples blissey and snorlax, HP ice for OHKOing salamence or HP grass for swampert.

xXNintendoXx
07-27-2006, 07:58 AM
Zapdos
~ Thunder Wave
~ Thunderbolt
~ Hidden Power Ice / Hidden Power Grass
~ Substitute

@ Leftovers
Nature: Modest
EV's: Max out the EVs in Special Attack & Speed for Zapdos with any remaining in HP.

Dragon_Seeker
07-27-2006, 08:13 PM
why HP fighting? unless that's for tyranitar...
It's there for many reasons. Tyranitar is one, but also because Fighting is simply an amazingly good offensive type anyways.

It also 2HKOs Blissey, Snorlax and hits SE on Regice, who are Zapdos's most common threats.

Echo
07-27-2006, 08:16 PM
It's there for many reasons. Tyranitar is one, but also because Fighting is simply an amazingly good offensive type anyways.

Waiting for DP to see if the Electabuzz evo is Electric/Fighting; best offensive type combo in the game.

Anyways, agreeing with DS in this thread, because if the Zapdos is Adamant, which is at least my assumption, then a CB Zapdos should be nice.

pokeplayer66
07-28-2006, 12:07 AM
electric/fighting hurts skarmbliss but otherwise whats so good

Dragon_Seeker
07-28-2006, 04:07 AM
electric/fighting hurts skarmbliss but otherwise whats so good
You basically outlined it but I'll elaborate.

SkarmBliss, although weaker, is still the universal way to start a stall team (with Claydol to counter opposing stall teams and provide DDtar coverage).

Stall teams also tend to like Suicune and/or Milotic due to their stally natures and Recover/Rest with Pressure/Marvel Scale. Then we add Dusclops and usually Salamence, Zapdos or Celebi in the last slot to complete the 6 stally buddies.

Electric/Fighting seriously injures or otherwise destroys everything on that type of team except Celebi and Claydol. Celebi can be trapped and KOed by Duggy, whereas Claydol is easily the weakest link in the stall chain and is killed by timely HP Grass/Ice that our electric/fighting type would have for such an occasion.

Also, fighting hits the three common special walls (Regice/Blissey/Snorlax), while Thunderbolt hits the ever-common bulky water types everyone loves (Vaporeon, Milotic, Suicune) except Swampert, who dies to HP Grass. It also nails Skarmory, Weezing to a lesser extent and strikes neutral on many things.

In short, an electric/fighting type with some good attacking stats would be the stall breaker and hits many things that are considered good right now. That's why it's a good combination. Unfortunately, no such pokemon exists, either.