PDA

View Full Version : Euthanasia

Ham and Cheese
07-27-2006, 03:37 PM
It's ıllegal ın all the states I know of (except Californıa I thınk), but I'm just wonderıng what your opınıons on ıt are.

I'm neutral on euthanasıa. If the person ıs sufferıng and there's no way to escape ıt, then I suppose that's where death plays a role. However, a doctor's job ıs to save and keep people alıve, and basıcally my vıews just go ınto a cycle from there...

Seven
07-27-2006, 03:49 PM
For euthanasia, acitve euthanasia is THANK GOD legal in my country. Nobody should be forced to live, certainly not when that person is terminally ill and in a lot of pain. If the person does't want to live, then I think it is immoral and wrong to keep them alive.

A doctor's job is indeed to cure, save and keep patients alive, however, in cases where patients would like to be euthanised the doctor really can't do any of these things. The only thing he does by keeping his patients alive, is prolonging unwanted suffering. A doctor should not be the one who decides that the patient HAS to live even though the patient himself doesn't want to.

This all said, of course, strict regulations are needed.

Ham and Cheese
07-27-2006, 07:00 PM
For euthanasia, acitve euthanasia is THANK GOD legal in my country. Nobody should be forced to live, certainly not when that person is terminally ill and in a lot of pain. If the person does't want to live, then I think it is immoral and wrong to keep them alive.

A doctor's job is indeed to cure, save and keep patients alive, however, in cases where patients would like to be euthanised the doctor really can't do any of these things. The only thing he does by keeping his patients alive, is prolonging unwanted suffering. A doctor should not be the one who decides that the patient HAS to live even though the patient himself doesn't want to.

This all said, of course, strict regulations are needed.
You just convınced me to belıeve ın euthanasıa Seven, but...I dunno. If death ıs ınevıtable and there ıs absolutely nothıng you can do about ıt, then I suppose ıt would be alrıght to let a persone escape mısery. But ın Amerıca, you'll go to jaıl and lose your practıcıng lıcense ıf you're a doctor and you assıst someone ın euthanasıa...

!CeMAn
07-27-2006, 10:56 PM
"I'm not touching that one with a 20 foot pole!"

Hypocrisy is Fun
07-27-2006, 10:59 PM
If you have a knife in your neck at the hostpital, and you can barely breath, in deep pain, its better the die the natural way.