PDA

View Full Version : The Ball of Legends

keltron
05-24-2004, 12:24 AM
Prologue

The ball floated in a black void. This was Lymbo. The biggest void in the realms. The pokemon knew of the humans in the other world. That was why they had placed the special PokeBall there. They knew they would need the humans help. Soon.

The Pokeball was moving now. Forward, slowly. It was moving to the barrier of Lymbo. Then, it glowed with a blue light. It passed through the invisible barrier. It was now in the humans world.

The Pokemon knew, one human would find it. They preyed with all their hearts, that this human would help them.

Thus began the journey of of the one who they called Remanus.

keltron
05-24-2004, 12:35 AM
Chapter 1

Mark

Mark was never the kind of kid people thought of as cool. They mostly ridiculed him, for his love of Pokemon.

"You actually like that stupid crap?" people would say.

Mark didn't care. He knew there were other people like him. And he swore to himself, that he would never ridicule Pokemon. He ne. everything about it. Sometimes, he even wished--hoped it was actually real.

He would never forget the day that it all began. It was a very gloomy day. There were puddles everywhere, from the night's storm. It was windy, too. His flaming red hair stood up from the gusts of wind.

"Hey, Mark! How ya doing?"

That was Mark's x-friend, Jeremy. Jeremy had been Mark's friend for a long time. But he found out about Mark's love for Pokemon.

"I can't embarrass myself," Jeremy had said.

And so that friendship was over. Mark ignored Jeremy and kept walking. But Jeremy persisted.

"I hope you're feeling good, Mark," he said grimly. "No school today."

"Like I'm going to believe that," Mark retorted angrily.

"Didn't you hear? There's a tornado warning. No school. Or did you miss the weather report because you were too busy playing Pokemon?"

Mark ignored this comment too. True, he had missed the weather. But not because of Pokemon. It was because of his homework: He had to get his report finished, because the computer was down the night before. He just kept walking. ! school, not back the other way.

"All right then," Jeremy warned. "Go get blown away, if you want. But you'll be sorry."

Mark knew when Jeremy said, "You'lll be sorry," it was true. So he turned around and walked back the other way. If there was a tornado, he should be prepared.

As soon as he got home, he found his mom.

"Is there really a tornado warning?" he asked his mom, fearfully.

"I'm afraid so," she replied. "Go get what you want but hurry. Then come down to the basement."

All Mark wanted was his GameBoy. He grabbed it off his desk. And he got his Pokemon Saphire game, from the wooden box where he kept his game stuff.

He went downstairs, and into the blank, windoowless room. His mom wasn't there yet. He sat down, preparing to play his game. I've got lots of time, he thought. But before he turned his GameBoy on, he saw something, falling from above him. He noticed the color instantly. It was red on the top, white on the bottom. The room was dark, but a light was emulating from the object. Then Mark noticed its shape. It was round, very round ...

keltron
05-24-2004, 09:24 PM
Chapter 2

The Plea

And suddenly he realized what it was. It was a pokeball. He couldn't believe his eyes. The ball fell to the hard floor with a clunk. He couldn't wait. He slid across the floor, and grabbed the ball. He turned around, and flipped a light switch on a wall. He stared at it, with awe, and shock in his eyes. He slowly brought his hand down on the ball. It was smooth to the touch.

And then, he did it. With trembling hands, he pressed the small button on ow pokeball. The ball sprung ope, with a clang. A blinding white light filtered out. Once again, he could not believe his eyes.

Three pokemon had emerged from the ball. They were the three Legendary birds. Moltrez, Zapdos and Articuno. First to stand up was Moltrez.

Then, Mark noticed something strange. These birds, were babies. They were quite big, as tall as him, but he knew they were babies. But, Moltrez's wings were flaming.

"Human? Is that really a human Briegelus?"

Mark nearly fainted. Had that Articuno just spoken?

"Yes I'm afraid they are," the Moltrez replied. "Very strange creatures, thou they are. Stand up, Frilen Iressi. Let him see you. And let us hee him."

"who--what--" Mark stammered. "I must be dreaming."

"Thou are not dreaming, Mark Evans," the Moltrez replied. "We art real. And we neeedest your help. We know something is coming to our world. We do not know what. But you must help us stop it. We need you."

"What is this, some kind of joke? Even if I said yes, for one thing, you guys must've come from another dimenn, or something. How would I get back there?"

"The Pokeball is the key to the worlds," the Moltrez, called Briegelus said. "With it, we may all return. But please, help us. We need you."

"Since I can remember I've loved pokemon," Mark said, excitedly. "I will come. But please, explain."

"That is it, Mar' Evans," Flillin, the Zapdos said grimly. "You must come with no explanation. Please Mark?"

Mark thought. His mind was whirling. On one hand, this was the coolest thing that had ever happened to him. On the other, well... Mark was scared. But he finally deccided he would.

"Okay, how do we get there? What do we do?"

"Press the button," Iressi the Articuno said. "Do not worry. We will all come."

Mark bent down, and slowly picked up the PokeBall. He brought his hand down on the button. Mark and the birds were engulfed in a blinding flash of light. Mark was now feeling a force like no other. It was as if he was being lengthend and shortened at the same time. And then, he and the birds were gone.