PDA

View Full Version : Forum Banned vs URPG Banned. Dun dun Dunnn...!

Jack of Clovers
08-04-2006, 08:34 AM
Here it is. The thread you've been waiting for. And I've been dreading to post. :tongue:

A forum ban means an URPG ban too. No matter who it is. I and the rest of the URPG mods can't play favorites. It's also a misconception to say the URPG is separate from the rest of the forum. And because I love to quote myself:
As sad as I am to lose any active members that might be banned, there's nothing I can do about it. In order to play the URPG, you need to play by the forum rules first. That's a priority.
So, I'm sorry to see anyone go, but I have to be firm.

Feel free to comment.

~Jack~

Seawolf
08-04-2006, 08:42 AM
So, Ierdar really cannot be a part of this anymore?

=/

I was hoping to be as good as him one day. In any case, I suppose there's nothing to be done about reversing the rule. I was expecting something like this to come around eventually, but I still find it depressing.

It's one in the morning here and I am tired, so I don't know what else to say.

Espeon Rinage
08-04-2006, 08:42 AM
I am in full disagreement with this. Like the forum has nothing to do with URPG, it's just the place you hold it, we have very strong and good forum banned URPG members. PE"K is just the place you hold URPG, we have a back up forum too you know.

All-Star
08-04-2006, 08:45 AM
I planned on battling Ierdar one last time, and now I can't.

Does this mean people like Pidgeot are banned?

Ace
08-04-2006, 08:47 AM
Yeah, I myself, although I am not much of a *big* person in the URPG, always thought it was a bit more independent from the PE2k. Unless it was actually founded by Ryan himself, or unless Ryan himself requested it, I don't think you should necessarily restrict Ierdar from the URPG. Of course, this would all be Ryan's decision in the end.

Seawolf
08-04-2006, 08:47 AM
Does this mean people like Pidgeot are banned?

Well ... duh. Pidge is banned from the forum, isn't he?

All-Star
08-04-2006, 08:51 AM
No, it would be unfair. We can't instaurate a rule BEFORE we announce it, can we?
He was banned before the rule. .__.

Ironshell Blastoise
08-04-2006, 11:23 AM
I'll quote my rant:

So it has come to my attention, despite my retirement from the URPG, that there is some controversy going on about banned members.

If I recall correctly, those members banned from the forums cannot participate in the URPG. That's the deal. The URPG is HOSTED by the Pokemon Elite 2000 forums, which is admined by Ryan.

Now, apparently people seem to think that certain members who have been banned from the PE2k forums should still have access to URPG. And what logic does that follow? Nothing but favoritism.

Let me give you an example. You have a dog, and his dog house is outside. You wake up one evening to find your neighbor burning the doghouse. Here is how the conversation between you and your neighbor would go, if following the logic here in this URPG issue:

"Dude, what the hell are you doing to the dog house?"
"It isn't your house, its the dog's."
"It's on my lawn, on my property. Get the hell out!"
"Dude, it isn't your house, what the hell is your problem?"

Ok, now, what would you do? Would you allow him to stay on your property just because YOU don't live in the doghouse? The hell you would.

Ryan doesn't moderate the URPG boards, because he's given that responsibility to Jack. But the URPG boards are still in PE2k's "yard". The doghouse that is the URPG still sits on the property of PE2k.

Now if we have that same situation discussed above, only the doghouse sitting in the middle of the road, then chances are, the person who owned the doghouse didn't want it anymore. He has no authority over who does what to the doghouse, he's thrown it out.

So if you want the freedom to do whatever you want with the URPG, I suggest you all leave the forum. It isn't what I want, and it isn't what Ryan wants, but if following the relatively simple forum rules is too difficult for you all, get the hell out.

If you are employed somewhere, and you go to your boss' house and spit in his face, it doesn't matter if you weren't at work, he's gonna fire your ass.

Ierdar basically went to Ryan's front door and spit in his face. Therefore, he's banned. The only reason Ryan and Ierdar converse is because of the forum, so it isn't like Ierdar was mad at him for something outside of the forum

Look, as much as it pains me to say these things because I like Ierdar, we can't sit here and bend the rules. I honestly didn't care about the whole Pidge deal because I had only heard about it months ago, but since I've heard lots of complaining, I had to put my two cents in. Yes, Ierdar is my friend. No, I don't want him to leave, but it isn't my choice. He disrespected our forum admin, he's banned.

.AzureLight
08-04-2006, 01:55 PM
Let's go on a sort of... hunger strike. :sad:

Lol, the URPG has like... 3 backup forums. :rolleyes:

We COULD quit PE2K, but that wouldn't be very good for our activity. :ermm:

Marth
08-04-2006, 05:26 PM
He was banned before the rule. .__.
Dude, that rule was made because of Ierdar and Pidgeot >_>

Ace
08-04-2006, 05:31 PM
Let's go on a sort of... hunger strike. :sad:

Lol, the URPG has like... 3 backup forums. :rolleyes:

We COULD quit PE2K, but that wouldn't be very good for our activity. :ermm:

That already has been attempted. In fact, a whole new forums was created just because of a mishap at administration and hosting and the mods. It lasted a while, actually. I don't think anyone would be 100% up for that anymore, though. I sure wouldn't. :tongue:

Ironshell Blastoise
08-04-2006, 07:01 PM
I highly doubt the URPG would survive a forum move.

Orthar
08-04-2006, 07:08 PM
Same. Why go to a forum just about the URPG, when you can come here and get it? It's easier access here.

.AzureLight
08-05-2006, 11:15 PM
Dude, that rule was made because of Ierdar and Pidgeot >_>

It was made because Ryan doesn't like Ierdar, Pidge was just an innocent bystander. :rolleyes:

I find this rule bullcrap to the highest extent. :susp:

Marth
08-05-2006, 11:23 PM
It was made because Ryan doesn't like Ierdar, Pidge was just an innocent bystander. :rolleyes:

I find this rule bullcrap to the highest extent. :susp:
Please, you ignore a lot of facts.
Ryan wanted to ban Pidgeot from the URPG before Ierdar was banned.
If you don't believe me just ask Ryan.

.AzureLight
08-05-2006, 11:40 PM
Please, you ignore a lot of facts.
Ryan wanted to ban Pidgeot from the URPG before Ierdar was banned.
If you don't believe me just ask Ryan.

Ryan didn't know Pidge was in the URPG until like... a month ago. -__-

JohtoTrainer
08-06-2006, 12:36 AM
Marth is right, Ryan wanted Pidge URPG banned when he forum banned him. Tamer got in the argument with him then, Tamer even threatened to quit. But, Pidge started URPGing, and Ryan never noticed until somebody told him in the Staff Board.

Even though if somebody would post for Ierdar, or even about Ierdar still participating in the URPG, that post would be deleted immediantley. Ryan was even threatening to ban people for posting for banned members. I've never seen that in the rules, but apparently he is god and he makes up rules as we go along...

I understand that Ryan wants full control over the forum that he pays for, including the server. So, we're never going win an argument with him, or even change his mind. That's probably why so many G-Mods in the past have gone bad and caused problems.

I feel bad for Ierdar and even more for Pidge because they were active members. Pidge reffed FFAs, did alot of regular reffing as well. Ierdar was an amazing gym leader, they were both great guys and I wish they could URPG, but it's not going to happen. The URPG can't and probably won't move from here, it gets it alot of activity and support.

But, people, let's remember how the URPG started. On messenger. Now, we're being controlled bya Forum Administrator, we're his puppets and he'll do what he wants with us. I guess we'll just have to get used to it. :confused:

Marth
08-06-2006, 01:17 AM
Marth is right, Ryan wanted Pidge URPG banned when he forum banned him. Tamer got in the argument with him then, Tamer even threatened to quit. But, Pidge started URPGing, and Ryan never noticed until somebody told him in the Staff Board.

Even though if somebody would post for Ierdar, or even about Ierdar still participating in the URPG, that post would be deleted immediantley. Ryan was even threatening to ban people for posting for banned members. I've never seen that in the rules, but apparently he is god and he makes up rules as we go along...

I understand that Ryan wants full control over the forum that he pays for, including the server. So, we're never going win an argument with him, or even change his mind. That's probably why so many G-Mods in the past have gone bad and caused problems.

I feel bad for Ierdar and even more for Pidge because they were active members. Pidge reffed FFAs, did alot of regular reffing as well. Ierdar was an amazing gym leader, they were both great guys and I wish they could URPG, but it's not going to happen. The URPG can't and probably won't move from here, it gets it alot of activity and support.

But, people, let's remember how the URPG started. On messenger. Now, we're being controlled bya Forum Administrator, we're his puppets and he'll do what he wants with us. I guess we'll just have to get used to it. :confused:
...or simply try avoiding doing bad stuff on the forum or saying stuff to the administrator, even if you feel they are true...

Nasty Plasty
08-08-2006, 01:18 AM
That's BS. We all no Ryan's just pissed people like Ierdar and Pidge more than him. What we got here is common jealousy.

JohtoTrainer
08-08-2006, 02:17 AM
Heh, ok that's enough. We don't ned to reply in this anymore. No more Ryan bashing. :tongue: