PDA

View Full Version : A wi-fi question

Goldencat926
08-07-2006, 04:56 PM
do u need to buy any extra stuff to use wifi on d/p version? what stuff do u need to buy? where can i buy it? how much does it cost?:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Gnomadic
08-07-2006, 05:56 PM
Not unless you dont have a wifi connection If u cant connect to wifi you have to buy A USB port Wifi Connetor.
Go to like nintendo.com I think I bought my USB port connector there Price I am not sure

O and any D/P goes in the thread about it

Elmo's Heaven!!
08-08-2006, 09:53 PM
I found a Wi-Fi thingy at Target for 39.99. I don't know if that is good or not...

-_-KADABRA-_-
08-08-2006, 10:27 PM
I have a question.....can you make different save files on Pokemon D/P?????:happy:

Fire Pkmn Master
08-09-2006, 12:57 AM
@Kadabra: No thats just a thought that some of us Discussed in the D/P Disscussion Thread.:rolleyes:

Nechryl
08-14-2006, 02:01 AM
Kadarb, im they might seeing as DS has more capibillty.(might even be possible to trade accounts using thw wi-fi feature, but nintendo wouldn't be to fond of the idea)

SteelArson
08-14-2006, 01:46 PM
if you have a wireless internet connection you can connect to that for free

thats wat i did with my mario cart Ds game

Snow Fairy Sugar
08-14-2006, 01:49 PM
I am not a mod, but I think this should go here.

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15577

Elmo's Heaven!!
08-14-2006, 09:15 PM

Like on a laptop?

uberpokemonx
08-14-2006, 09:18 PM
I am not a mod, but I think this should go here.

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15577

Then report it to a mod, instead of mini-moding!

gonbemaster
08-20-2006, 03:26 AM

I have a wireless internet connection, how do you link up to wifi? Could you or someone PM me and tell me how. It'd be very appreciated.

ashkelon
08-24-2006, 12:55 AM
http://www.nintendowifi.com/global/index.jsp?locale=en_US

Start here. Or just Google.

It's pretty easy to connect if you can find a local service (like McDonalds). Not much more Complicated to connect with the adapter if you have broadband at home.

We have NO place to connect in public here. McDonalds in Iowa doesn't do it.

I hope they pull their heads out before the new games come out, but I'm not too hopeful.

daveomac
08-31-2006, 10:04 PM
I didn't think you had to buy anything aslong as you were in a wireless internet zone. Don't some big city centres just have huge wireless internet zones, like London?

Shady
09-01-2006, 06:37 AM
I didn't think you had to buy anything aslong as you were in a wireless internet zone. Don't some big city centres just have huge wireless internet zones, like London?

I still think you would need to buy some sort of attachment. Remember if you had too buy this accessory then nintendo might use the same thing for other games.

ashkelon
09-01-2006, 08:15 PM
No, if you have access to a partner wifi site, one like McDonalds supports here in the US, then you don't have to buy anything. Some other wifi sites, where you don't have to do any authentication to log in, will also let you get in to nintendo's site.

You have to buy the attachment (which attaches to your PC via USB) if you are going to access Nintendo wifi from home over your broadband connection. I tried to log into the wifi site at a local truck stop with the attachment on my pc, but that won't work because the ds keeps finding the truckstop's wifi server instead of the fob server on the pc.

You just have to try your ds in different locations and see.

Most sites are secure, though, because you have to pay for access, or they are paid for by commerce, and they want it secure. THat goes for most city clouds as well. Like we have free wifi at the interstate stops on I80, but you still have to create an id for the secure login, and because of that, you can't get to nintendo's wifi service.

I hope I'm making sense.

bonsly
09-02-2006, 07:16 PM
Just look it up here...http://cgi.ebay.com/Nintendo-DS-LITE-USB-Wi-Fi-WiFi-Connector-WiFi-Adaptor_W0QQitemZ250024936969QQihZ015QQcategoryZ45 002QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Darkmoon
09-09-2006, 04:41 PM
when evr do we need to

lugia_ho-oh
09-11-2006, 11:02 PM
man, i hate living in the boonies.I can't use wifi cause i'am stuck with dial-up:susp:

bigbadblaziken
09-12-2006, 12:09 AM
u just got to buy a wify thingy and upload it and go through more steps then u r done