PDA

View Full Version : Roleplaying aspect o.O

Jack of Clovers
08-17-2006, 11:11 PM
Scott inspired me to bring back the old times. We used to roleplay ourselves a lot (like at the Pokemart, or when trading, even over messenger rarely). I'm thinking it'd be more fun for us if we all tried that. I still do it some, but not all the time.
For example, instead of saying Approved (boring), you can be fun! I remember one time, someone rp'ed themself as Team Rocket and tried to steal Pokemon from the Mart. Good Times. :goofy:

~Jack~

JohtoTrainer
08-17-2006, 11:13 PM
I used to try to do it. But sometimes I'm rushing, and don't have anything to say. Lol.

Dr Scott
08-18-2006, 02:31 AM
I say, we take it one step forward and have like a role-playing place too! Like the War thing! For those who can't write whole stories, but most of them ... like a thread for roleplaying in the RPG ... many peoples characters all in one, meeting, greeting, battling, etc. ... and every so often the best one gets a free Pokemon or something ... That's my idea! Plus, I'm wired on Vault ^^

*Seasons Beheadings*

Matt
08-18-2006, 02:41 AM
I say, we take it one step forward and have like a role-playing place too! Like the War thing! For those who can't write whole stories, but most of them ... like a thread for roleplaying in the RPG ... many peoples characters all in one, meeting, greeting, battling, etc. ... and every so often the best one gets a free Pokemon or something ... That's my idea! Plus, I'm wired on Vault ^^

*Seasons Beheadings*
*coughwherethehellisthePARKbron?cough*

Dr Scott
08-18-2006, 02:43 AM
Right, well, personally, I don't know what the park is, so it's not my fault if my idea was already done :P. Always wondered what thing was...

Lord Celebi
08-18-2006, 03:02 AM
*coughwherethehellisthePARKbron?cough*

Lol, Bron hasn't been here in months... I wish the Park would start soon, I'm too lazy to write stories...

Matt
08-18-2006, 03:05 AM
Right, well, personally, I don't know what the park is, so it's not my fault if my idea was already done :P. Always wondered what thing was...
The Park was Bron's idea of a too-lazy-to-write-a-story-but-want-to-catch-a-pokemon people gathering. Basically, they would role-play to catch a pokemon, including a role-play battle, and there would be "park rangers" (such as me) which were going to watch over the roleplays and grade them.

Dr Scott
08-18-2006, 03:09 AM
Well, hmm, Ha! See, I guess there is a difference between the ideas. See, with mine you RP with other people and such! So it isn't as much of a small story as a HUGE story that keeps going on and on, written by many people. This way, the URPG can have their own storyline type thing, which could be changed by moderators, who could add different aspects and pick which mon would be up for getting that week/month/whatever. Also, that would hopefully promote friendships and partnerships or whatever between people, which I know all of you know each other but me ... Yes, well, I don't know.

OOooo, also, this could be another way to RP battles. Like, the battles that people have can be written and RPed in here and stuff ... or something.

Jack of Clovers
08-18-2006, 07:13 PM
Bron said in the park you can roleplay with people too. Though, I think it's odd, but it works. The park is ready and everything, but it's his responsibility to set it up.

And Dap, before he left, tried to start an URPG RPG but that died since his parents made him quit. :sad: I'm still open for RP ideas.

~Jack~

Dr Scott
08-18-2006, 07:27 PM
I like my idea kinda! Just have like our own little URPG storyline ... and give awards and such ... adding another layer. And you could do battles through the RPG, but the best RP'er wins, or something ... or just have a ref find creative ways to put in how much damage is done, and such... Or something. I don't know!

Ham and Cheese
08-18-2006, 07:29 PM
Well, it's not really roleplaying, but I was thinking of roundrobin stories. Like, borderline RPing and borderline storywriting. It could happen between two people, where one person writes one chapter, the other person writes the next, and they would try to catch one Pokemon each at the end of the story. Like, two on two battles. :P

I remember doing that at another fanfiction site. It was hella lot of fun.

ball
08-18-2006, 08:37 PM
One of my favourite things in URPG is that you dont have to actually role play here, and I hope it wont change. Let the roleplaying stay with the stories... and the park, we dont nead more of it. Saying something in mart or trades is ok, but making new threads with possibilities to earn stuff by role playing, that would change the URPG, so I dont like the idea of that. That is my option, and I'm going to stay with it.

Loyal Arcanine
08-18-2006, 08:42 PM
One of my favourite things in URPG is that you dont have to actually role play here, and I hope it wont change. Let the roleplaying stay with the stories... and the park, we dont nead more of it. Saying something in mart or trades is ok, but making new threads with possibilities to earn stuff by role playing, that would change the URPG, so I dont like the idea of that. That is my option, and I'm going to stay with it.
Yeah, I'm with Ball on this one.

Nasty Plasty
08-18-2006, 08:56 PM
YAY BALL!

Seriously, people will get tired of seeing/doing Roleplaying outside of Park and stories. How many of us would get bored after our Second mart purchase? I would. How many of us would get bored seeing crappy RP attempts just to buy a little Pokemon? I would. Leave RP'ing to Park and stories.

Dr Scott
08-18-2006, 09:32 PM
Hah, it's funny to say that the URPG shouldn't change ... because it's done it plenty over the years ... Like coming to the forums, for instance.

Besides, you wouldn't have to RP, it would be just for people who wanted to try something new. Just an idea to get some more activity in the URPG other then battles and such, and it would probably be easier to grade too.

I don't know, it's just an idea.

DaRkUmBrEoN
08-18-2006, 09:44 PM
Hah, it's funny to say that the URPG shouldn't change ... because it's done it plenty over the years ... Like coming to the forums, for instance.

Besides, you wouldn't have to RP, it would be just for people who wanted to try something new. Just an idea to get some more activity in the URPG other then battles and such, and it would probably be easier to grade too.

I don't know, it's just an idea.

Already sent an idea to Jack, and I discussed it with Ball and JT.
Now, we wait.

Dr Scott
08-18-2006, 09:50 PM
I'm curious! Run the idea past me somehow. Ish. Kinda.

*Kicks Jack awake*

Jack of Clovers
08-21-2006, 02:14 AM
*Counter Kick's Scott Alseep* Ha!

I guess I'll check my PM's. Hmmmm... Oh. I see. Well..... that sounds like an interesting idea, mister DarkUmbreon. Sounds like fun. http://www.box.net.au/~cirillo/thumbsup.gif

~Jack~

DaRkUmBrEoN
08-21-2006, 04:51 AM

I guess I'll check my PM's. Hmmmm... Oh. I see. Well..... that sounds like an interesting idea, mister DarkUmbreon. Sounds like fun. http://www.box.net.au/~cirillo/thumbsup.gif

~Jack~

Thank you...
Now, I think I'll scurry off like a uni freshman.

Marth
08-21-2006, 04:50 PM
I hope you liked the little roleplay I included in te gym tournament thread, if you can call it RP... just putting my cent in this RP stuff...

DaRkUmBrEoN
08-23-2006, 07:17 AM

~Jack~

So, any idea when you will be discussing this with the others?

Jack of Clovers
08-23-2006, 07:25 AM
I figured you would do that for me.
:tongue:

~Jack~

DaRkUmBrEoN
08-23-2006, 07:49 AM
I figured you would do that for me.
:tongue:

~Jack~

Mike would overrule me since he hates rping.
JT is undecided.
Marth is undecided. (He was a URPG mod, iirc)
Tamer is hardly on.
Magare is hardly on.

So, yeah, mucho chanco that I'll get the necessary 2/3 votes.

DaRkUmBrEoN
08-24-2006, 09:46 PM
Mike would overrule me since he hates rping.
JT is undecided.
Marth is undecided. (He was a URPG mod, iirc)
Tamer is hardly on.
Magare is hardly on.

So, yeah, mucho chanco that I'll get the necessary 2/3 votes.

Mike prolly'll say no!
JT says yes!
Tamer and Magare are unasked, but they don't come on that much.

Basically, it's START - TRASH: 1 - 1

It seems Jack needs to make the call.

We Taste Pies...
08-24-2006, 09:49 PM
Mike prolly'll say no!
JT says yes!

It's a shame I don't have a say in the matter, I would say no...:cry:

DaRkUmBrEoN
08-24-2006, 10:06 PM
Mike prolly'll say no!
JT says yes!

[00:05] Marth: I'd say: Further developement and thumbs up
So the score is now:

START - TRASH: 2 - 1

Loyal Arcanine
08-25-2006, 03:44 PM
I think you missed a few co-officials in there. Fing, Raik ... some more perhaps.

And even if I would say no, considering I'm a moderator of URPG I would at least appreciate it if I knew what the hell it's all about. :wall:

DaRkUmBrEoN
08-25-2006, 06:38 PM
I think you missed a few co-officials in there. Fing, Raik ... some more perhaps.

And even if I would say no, considering I'm a moderator of URPG I would at least appreciate it if I knew what the hell it's all about. :wall:
I wanted to talk it through with you over AIM, but you going on a freshman's week doesn't help. :P

I'm sending the PM through to Raik, Fing and Harry right now.

boltAge
08-26-2006, 02:24 AM
I'm not sure if the idea is supposed to take over the capturing system of the URPG entirely or be another one. You've got to develop it more, and maybe ask around if people are interested. 5 bucks say it'll be screwed fairness-wise if inactivity ensues.

DaRkUmBrEoN
08-26-2006, 08:03 AM
I'm not sure if the idea is supposed to take over the capturing system of the URPG entirely or be another one. You've got to develop it more, and maybe ask around if people are interested. 5 bucks say it'll be screwed fairness-wise if inactivity ensues.

It'll be parallel to the Mart and Story capturing. It's just a new way for getting mons for people who are to lazy/bored to think up their own storyline.

And yes, I still need to come up with something against inactivety. As for the interest part, 12 members have voted for, while 2 have voted neutral in the RP thread in the Trainer's Court board.

DaRkUmBrEoN
08-30-2006, 09:42 AM
Lemme see.

Marth said yes, though dunno if he counts.
JT said yes.
Jack said yes.
Fing said yes.

LA is currently undecided.
Raik is currently undecided.
Tamer is currently undecided.
Magare is currently undecided.
Harry is currently undecided.

Ehm..
Yeah... Kinda of a draw, don't ya think.