PDA

View Full Version : Do you feel safe?

Bakura2004
05-29-2004, 03:18 PM
I live in the U.S and i really don't feel safe right now. With all the threats against my country and all, it's very un-nerving. You people out there, do you feel safe in your country and other people who live in the U.S.how do you feel right now?

Perkele
05-29-2004, 03:27 PM
No, i don't feel safe because America is really f'ed up right now, and i don't know what will they come up with next. And also the terrorists are a little bit scary.

DragonTamer
05-29-2004, 03:39 PM
America is so messed up right now it's not even funny. I think our own government is more of a threat than the terrorists are right now. But no, I don't feel safe at the moment. A side note: I heard from someone the other day (don't know if it's true or not because I don't bother to watch the news and stuff) but there's supposedly terrorists disguised as families with children who are in the US planning to go on a shooting/bombing spree in malls and stuff. And supposedly they have like a ton of machine guns and bomb equipment so yeah. There was a mall rumor before and it was stupid so I don't know if I believe this one either but I'm not worried. I hate shopping, and well, I donít see the point of attacking a mall. :confused:

Bakura2004
05-29-2004, 03:41 PM
America is so messed up right now it's not even funny. I think our own government is more of a threat than the terrorists are right now. But no, I don't feel safe at the moment. A side note: I heard from someone the other day (don't know if it's true or not because I don't bother to watch the news and stuff) but there's supposedly terrorists disguised as families with children who are in the US planning to go on a shooting/bombing spree in malls and stuff. And supposedly they have like a ton of machine guns and bomb equipment so yeah. There was a mall rumor before and it was stupid so I don't know if I believe this one either but I'm not worried. I hate shopping, and well, I donít see the point of attacking a mall. :confused:
Sadly that's all true.

Bashaamo
05-29-2004, 04:40 PM
Well I do think that America has the ability to protect us, but I don't know if they are doing all that they can. For one thing the terror alert level (yellow now I think). Say the alert does eventually go down to green (lowest) then I would feel unsafe becasue wouldn't that mean the law enforcement/military was on low alert. I also think the media should not reveal as much as they do about holes in our security and problems with safety, for one that causes fear with the citizens (terrorism?) and it basically is a connect the dots puzzle for terrorists. Why do they announce we are low on vaccine, don't have enought police officers, etc?

-Bash

VenusaurTrainer
05-29-2004, 07:16 PM
The terrorists that are supposeling trying to bomb us might never happen. They have been threating the U.S. for like 10 years and have never done it. I feel pretty safe.

Chaos Mage
05-29-2004, 07:53 PM
The terrorists that are supposeling trying to bomb us might never happen. They have been threating the U.S. for like 10 years and have never done it. I feel pretty safe.Well, they did do a few incidents involving hijacking airliners and bombing WTC twice. But eh, we haven't lost the war yet, have we? :crackup: